The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 26 August 2016, 12:46 PM   #301
hbk25
"TRF" Member

Watch: Z Blue
Stolen Rolex Watch

Receipt or appraisals work for insurance. Appraisals I imagine are preferable in cases where you're fortunate to receive a discount. For JMI though, it's a wash since I'm pretty sure they issue out a replacement, not a check.

Last edited by hbk25; 26 August 2016 at 12:50 PM.. Reason: Screwed up quote.
Old 26 August 2016, 12:47 PM   #302
JUSTIFIED
"TRF" Member

Watch: RG Daytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by fungo View Post
This is a job for Matlock
Or Columbo :-) Actually, this really blows for the OP. I really have no clue, but it seems unlikely that the thief would steal it, take out an insurance policy and then report it stolen as that is just asking to be caught. One thing is for sure, the insurance company will get to the bottom of it and the person who insured it and reported it stolen is going to under go intense scrutiny. Keep us posted.
Old 26 August 2016, 12:51 PM   #303
roaddog359
"TRF" Member

Watch: Bluesy
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmaster73 View Post
correct
[QUOTE=hbk25;6958378]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Prunesquallor View Post
Hmmm. I have three watches insured through JMI and all I did was upload PDFs of the receipts (all new from ADs). I never heard they needed anything more. (I guess the S/Ns were on the receipts)

-----------------------

Either work. Receipt or appraisals. Appraisals I imagine are preferable in cases where you're fortunate to receive a discount. For JMI though, it's a wash since I'm pretty sure they issue out a replacement, not a check.

Replacement? Wouldnt they tell you to go and replace it and send them the receipt and they cut check? is a replacement new? What if your model cant be bought new? Can they really make you take a used one?
Old 26 August 2016, 01:06 PM   #304
gwozhog
"TRF" Member

Well I have learned two things after reading this long thread. 1st Alikara is definately considered by me a trusted seller on TRF. He has answered all questions and his watch has been proven legit. I would definately not think twice about buying from him. He is golden. 2ndly the OP went in for a massage and did not come out with a happy ending.
Old 26 August 2016, 01:12 PM   #305
fungo
"TRF" Member

Watch: all kinds
Shld have worn the watch while in the spa. Would think dssd can stand milk bath
Old 26 August 2016, 01:26 PM   #306
OgSnowflake
Banned

Read every post, my opinion
-alikara is the victim here by having his name brought up in this mess
-Op is sketchy as hell
Old 26 August 2016, 02:05 PM   #307
Fjweld
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16570, 1601,
Probably the bunny ranch... "Engagement gift" boys get a way, things happen... During the bachelor party. Stories get confused when your passed out...
Alikara your alright in my book.
Old 26 August 2016, 02:23 PM   #308
MikeMc
"TRF" Member

Watch: own 18 watches
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodog16 View Post
I'm not a trusted seller so don't take it as gospel, but I think there are a number of ways that trusted sellers get watches. No matter what each watch starts life at an AD, gets sold to somebody, and finds its way to a trusted seller.

Whether the AD chooses to fill out the card or take off the stickers depends on their relationship with the buyer and how scared of Rolex the owner/manager are. A branch of a large chain likely won't be as worried as an independent single store.

Rolex knows electronically that the card is swiped. Rolex does not know if the card is properly filled out. So I think as long as nobody reports it, ADs can get away with that practice as long as they have a reliable source to take inventory off their hands.

For example, I recently acquired a watch from a trusted seller from a US AD with an open name, so I now know this specific AD allows cards to go out the door without the cards being filled out. Am I going to report them to somebody? No. Even if I did would Rolex care? Probably not.

Rolex cares if the warranty card is not filled out. If caught, you'll no longer be an AD. I managed a AD for 36 years. It wasn't always this way, but has been for at least ten years.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 26 August 2016, 02:24 PM   #309
Robrob777
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al1969 View Post
OP, never produced pics of box and papers. All I recall seeing is one wrist shot of the allegedly stolen DSSD Blue.

There is a pic of the box, papers and warranty card on ops photo service account. Watch looks good on the picture. Seller looks good.

Serial number issue is the only thing left. Rolex needs to dig deep(no pun intended) on their database. They don't have the serial, but there are two watches out there with the serial.

Nevermind, I saw the resolution. Lol on the database recording practices. There is no reason why not to record serials at the factory even if the reason is that the watch may be buy back and destroyed.
Old 26 August 2016, 05:29 PM   #310
Rocket_Man
"TRF" Member

I've read all 11 pages of this thread. It is very hard to communicate complicated facts and timelines in a thread like this.

The only item I didn't see addressed is if the Spa had insurance and why hasn't the Spa or the OP filed a claim on the Spa's insurance?
Old 26 August 2016, 07:03 PM   #311
fungo
"TRF" Member

Watch: all kinds
I would demand a lifetime free membership...or at least 1 yr
Old 26 August 2016, 08:18 PM   #312
elkaholic
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwozhog View Post
Well I have learned two things after reading this long thread. 1st Alikara is definately considered by me a trusted seller on TRF. He has answered all questions and his watch has been proven legit. I would definately not think twice about buying from him. He is golden. 2ndly the OP went in for a massage and did not come out with a happy ending.
Agreed
Old 26 August 2016, 09:03 PM   #313
hbk25
"TRF" Member

Watch: Z Blue
[QUOTE=roaddog359;6958387]
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbk25 View Post

Replacement? Wouldnt they tell you to go and replace it and send them the receipt and they cut check? is a replacement new? What if your model cant be bought new? Can they really make you take a used one?

I grabbed the below off their website, but I also remember reading about this policy when researching TRF prior to picking an insurer. But no first-hand knowledge on my part, thankfully haven't had to file a claim.

Old 26 August 2016, 09:18 PM   #314
S0041464
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610LN
Ok time to close this crappy thread. Good bye. I'm out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 26 August 2016, 09:23 PM   #315
bdex75
"TRF" Member

Watch: my money vanish
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket_Man View Post
I've read all 11 pages of this thread. It is very hard to communicate complicated facts and timelines in a thread like this.

The only item I didn't see addressed is if the Spa had insurance and why hasn't the Spa or the OP filed a claim on the Spa's insurance?

I am sure it was an "at your own risk" deal on storing things there but I would be exhausting this option fully or talking about going to the news or the newspaper. You will get them interested at that point. As some have said they don't want the police involved, it looks bad on them. They sure as hell don't want the local NBC affiliate running a story.

Old 26 August 2016, 09:25 PM   #316
bdex75
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robrob777 View Post
There is a pic of the box, papers and warranty card on ops photo service account. Watch looks good on the picture. Seller looks good.

Serial number issue is the only thing left. Rolex needs to dig deep(no pun intended) on their database. They don't have the serial, but there are two watches out there with the serial.

Nevermind, I saw the resolution. Lol on the database recording practices. There is no reason why not to record serials at the factory even if the reason is that the watch may be buy back and destroyed.

Very true. And I wish Rolex/Tudor had an archive like other high end brands do. Would make the vintage game a lot safer for collectors.

Old 26 August 2016, 09:41 PM   #317
Chiboy
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdex75 View Post
I am sure it was an "at your own risk" deal on storing things there but I would be exhausting this option fully or talking about going to the news or the newspaper. You will get them interested at that point. As some have said they don't want the police involved, it looks bad on them. They sure as hell don't want the local NBC affiliate running a story.

Based on the OPs stance here, where he is anonymous, it seems very unlikely that he wants to publicize this with a news organization, where they likely would be using his name and/or picture.
Old 26 August 2016, 09:50 PM   #318
bdex75
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiboy View Post
Based on the OPs stance here, where he is anonymous, it seems very unlikely that he wants to publicize this with a news organization, where they likely would be using his name and/or picture.

Very true. But if I had done nothing wrong or embarrassing and wanted my watch back everything would be on the table.

This is a case where "What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas" would have benefited this OP. I am sure he regrets posting here as it has done nothing but cause him grief and drag what appears to be a good seller thru the mud.

Old 27 August 2016, 01:16 AM   #319
Micha
"TRF" Member

Watch: 6263, 1675
to all conspiracy theory fans out there who jumped to conclusions...reading some of these posts was actually kind of scary imo. The OP made a mistake not getting the police report immediately, he admitted that. A reason to crucify him? I had some expensive Surf Equipment stolen out of my hotel's storage locker in Hawaii. Never filed a police report either, the hotel's insurance company reimbursed me. He went to a spa, a reason to suggest anything of a sexual nature happened? Where is your compassion? The guy's expensive watch got stolen...I personally hope he'll get it back!
Old 27 August 2016, 01:45 AM   #320
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Something dont smell quite right in this thread so for now its closed.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
Closed Thread