The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 14 September 2016, 02:43 AM   #151
J!m
"TRF" Member

Watch: this! Hold my beer
Wow lots of activity here.

Almost as much fun as talking watches!

So I'm wearing some Carhartt carpenter pants now. They are natural color, not blue. This is nice material and might be the go-to for work.

I also have some Mexican made 559 Levis that are ok. I've not had time to get out and try others yet. I may have to mail order some high end Levis to try out..,
J!m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 September 2016, 03:50 AM   #152
cruise_bone
"TRF" Member

7 for all mankind.
cruise_bone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 September 2016, 09:04 AM   #153
explodingtaco
"TRF" Member

My favorite was AG followed by 7 for All Mankind.

But I just recently found Mott & Bow I really like them, they fit great and have a good buying option that you get the next size and send back the one that does not fit. Some are pre shrunk and others are not so I wear different sizes in different 'models' but the ordering process makes that easy.
explodingtaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 September 2016, 10:11 PM   #154
smak
Banned

i get my jeans made up bespoke, am currently trying out various button patterns and spacing for the fly.

hard to get the right belt loop/waist band width as well.

anyone else go to this extreme?
smak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 September 2016, 11:43 PM   #155
J!m
"TRF" Member

That is certainly extreme.

Where are you getting fabric? What is it costing you (if you don't mind sharing)?
Old 15 September 2016, 12:12 AM   #156
Big Jay
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Sub 14060M
Jean shopping for me is a nightmare. I'm an ex competitive bodybuilder who is still a pretty big guy. I'm about 5'10" 200-220 lbs depending on the time of year. My thighs/quads tape out at almost 30". I've tried True Religion, 7, and one or two other high-end brands. In order of what works best for me:

Calvin Klein: I recently found a couple styles that just work every time for me. Straight leg, thinner cut, low rise. Very nice jeans for more formal settings.

Levis: 559, 514. There is another style that works for me as well but I forget the number.
Big Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 September 2016, 12:50 AM   #157
J!m
"TRF" Member

I'm literally half the man you are... I can find my "size" easily enough; finding my "fit" is the problem. But thank you for the tips for others who may have similar sizing to you.
Old 15 September 2016, 12:52 AM   #158
Big Jay
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Sub 14060M
No problem sir. When I get home today I'll check the style numbers on the CK. They're very nice designer jeans and I've been able to score them at Macy's for under $100.
Big Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 September 2016, 01:10 AM   #159
smak
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by J!m View Post
That is certainly extreme.

Where are you getting fabric? What is it costing you (if you don't mind sharing)?
makeyourownjeans.com

i had actually posted in an older similar themed thread in the forum previously.. it all started when the manufacturer stopped producing my fav pair of dungarees so i dug up that site to clone up a few from an old set i had laying around.

since then makeyourownjeans have adopted an array of denims and washes and I have requested slight tweeks along the way that have evolved through the years of orders to what is now an entirely original tailored item (and better imo than what i originally had cloned)

the original cloning process is pricey and time consuming but once they have a clone number set it gets written on the outside of all your jeans pockets and you can reorder at the drop of a hat.

caveat though they are in india and quality isnt their utmost concern. some stitches come out less than straight but only to the trained eye and i think it adds character really.

customer service is decent too, possibly since i am an established customer however.
smak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 September 2016, 06:43 AM   #160
james1787
"TRF" Member

Watch: Submariner 14060
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clivek View Post
I buy Wrangler for about $15 from target. They fit me well....I buy plenty of them, and chuck them out when they're tired!
Yep, x2! I go through jeans a lot. The new ones get worn to work. Eventually I forget to change out of them into old jeans and get involved in a project at home and ruin them (glue, paint, stain, oil, etc).. so you can't go wrong for 15 bucks! They fit & look just fine.
james1787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 September 2016, 03:54 AM   #161
J!m
"TRF" Member

Just checked out makeyourownjeans and it looks very interesting!

They do leather too... I have compiled ideas for a unique leather jacket I might have them quote for me!