The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Old 17 September 2008, 02:34 PM   #1
tudorman8276
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Prez
...nutter SUSPECT 7016...Orchi..SteveM...

...mvm't is the telltale ETA repro.

...Tudor, to the BEST of MY knowledge, never used a gold bezel on this model.

...also has the telltale fake dial.

WHAT SAY YOU ALL????

Stan.
tudorman8276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 September 2008, 02:40 PM   #2
stevemulholland3
Banned

Watch: 1680 18k sub
hard to say stan,I keep clicking and nothing happens...lol
stevemulholland3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 September 2008, 09:25 PM   #3
tudorman8276
"TRF" Member

...here is the link...

....was getting late and tired...sorry about that.

....here is the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ROLEX-TUDOR-7016...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 18 September 2008, 09:14 AM   #4
stevemulholland3
Banned

total fake!!this pos needs to be removed.
Old 18 September 2008, 12:02 PM   #5
Terry Newton
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex TT GMT II c
Reported it.

Terry Newton

"Z" SS Date Submariner
"Z" TT GMT-Master IIc
Terry Newton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 September 2008, 12:11 PM   #6
Orchi
Banned

Err buddies...yes the Dial is definitely questionable...n not looking correct...

The case has the looks of being too fresh out of the oven...so to speak.
Orchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 September 2008, 12:20 PM   #7
tudorman8276
"TRF" Member

...also REPORTED this....

....piece of fakerooo watch.

Stan.
Old 20 September 2008, 11:35 AM   #8
tudorman8276
"TRF" Member

...still up...

...REPORTED for a third time.

...notice the FONT of the letters of Stainless Steel AND the 3 and 5 of the 735 of the serial number. The 3 is clearly curved on the top and the 5 and 2 are not correct either.

Stan.
Old 20 September 2008, 03:06 PM   #9
springer
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: GMT-MASTER
Have you guys read all his additional comments about this watch posted by the seller. This is what I was talking about on the other thread, the GMT thread. This guy here is unsure what this watch is. Now he is calling it a "prototype" and nothing is correct about this watch to include the movement. I think he knows it is questionable or fake, but he is now stuck with it and trying to sell it to some unsuspecting buyer.

But, he offers you the 100% guarantee. So, as I stated in the GMT thread, here is the perfect example of somebody selling a fake watch with a 100% gurarantee. You can't make this stuff up, who would believe me.

Watchout for this one, better yet, it should be removed from this auction and destroyed.

INSTAGRAM USER NAME: SPRINGERJFP
Visit my Instagram page to view some of the finest vintage GMTs anywhere - as well as other vintage classics.
springer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 September 2008, 02:41 AM   #10
stevemulholland3
Banned

finally invalid!!thank god
Old 23 September 2008, 05:12 AM   #11
PSTEPPY
"TRF" Member

I listed this watch,,, learned a valuable lesson the hard way it seems,,, not by loosing any money ,,,but buy the way you all handled it ....all you needed to do was just inform me ,,,i received several emails pertaining to what they believe this watch to be,,,with not one ever stating replica in any way shape form,,just that it being a frankenwatch,,,if i had any,,,any,,, email stating fake,,,i would have pulled it off immediately,,without question,,,there was an email from a respectable person showing me sites that helped me to believe that this indeed could be a fake,,,once i went to this site i found out some differences every difference that i noticed i listed in the description as percise as i could,,,my problem was i listed it as a possible prototype,,,my wrong doing,,,my only reason for this was i sent the watch to a rolex dealer and he stated all original just a frankenwatch,not to mention several email asking for guarantee if not legit,,,hence my 100 percent guarantee,,hence me leaving it on the auction block,,,once ebay received the few negative replies from the person above,,,ebay took it off,,,i agree,,,concede,,,will sell as a parts watch once taken apart,,,
i take this as a great learning experience....i appreciate any help that anyone on this site offered,,,,anyone else i give the god bless to,,,hoping they will offer input prior to negativity::::future reference,,,dont assume everyone out there is selling fake watches knowingly,, give them the same respect and consideration that you would want under the same circumstances and life would be alot easier,,,,take care peps,,hopefully i will be proud to be part of this site and you all will accept me as an apprentice/journeyman...;) offering whatever input you care to offer professionallly....
PSTEPPY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 September 2008, 08:13 AM   #12
stevemulholland3
Banned

psteppy,
we no longer contact the sellers because the bad ones out there can use it against us.
I personally have been warned by ebay that I could be suspended if I contact another seller about a fake watch-they want to handle it themselves.I had one seller who knew his watch was fake,he kept asking me different ways he could tell the difference between a real one and a fake so we had about four or five responses to each other,he then contacted ebay and told them that I was harassing him.so its just not in our best interest to contact sellers anymore-most know exactly what they are doing.I am glad that you turned out to be an honest seller and welcome to the forum.
steve
Old 23 September 2008, 12:15 PM   #13
tudorman8276
"TRF" Member

...X-2....spot on...

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevemulholland3 View Post
psteppy,
we no longer contact the sellers because the bad ones out there can use it against us.
I personally have been warned by ebay that I could be suspended if I contact another seller about a fake watch-they want to handle it themselves.I had one seller who knew his watch was fake,he kept asking me different ways he could tell the difference between a real one and a fake so we had about four or five responses to each other,he then contacted ebay and told them that I was harassing him.so its just not in our best interest to contact sellers anymore-most know exactly what they are doing.I am glad that you turned out to be an honest seller and welcome to the forum.
steve
...well stated Steve.

Stan.
Old 23 September 2008, 02:01 PM   #14
springer
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: GMT-MASTER
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSTEPPY View Post
I listed this watch,,, learned a valuable lesson the hard way it seems,,, not by loosing any money ,,,but buy the way you all handled it ....all you needed to do was just inform me ,,,i received several emails pertaining to what they believe this watch to be,,,with not one ever stating replica in any way shape form,,just that it being a frankenwatch,,,if i had any,,,any,,, email stating fake,,,i would have pulled it off immediately,,without question,,,there was an email from a respectable person showing me sites that helped me to believe that this indeed could be a fake,,,once i went to this site i found out some differences every difference that i noticed i listed in the description as percise as i could,,,my problem was i listed it as a possible prototype,,,my wrong doing,,,my only reason for this was i sent the watch to a rolex dealer and he stated all original just a frankenwatch,not to mention several email asking for guarantee if not legit,,,hence my 100 percent guarantee,,hence me leaving it on the auction block,,,once ebay received the few negative replies from the person above,,,ebay took it off,,,i agree,,,concede,,,will sell as a parts watch once taken apart,,,
i take this as a great learning experience....i appreciate any help that anyone on this site offered,,,,anyone else i give the god bless to,,,hoping they will offer input prior to negativity::::future reference,,,dont assume everyone out there is selling fake watches knowingly,, give them the same respect and consideration that you would want under the same circumstances and life would be alot easier,,,,take care peps,,hopefully i will be proud to be part of this site and you all will accept me as an apprentice/journeyman...;) offering whatever input you care to offer professionallly....
I second Steve's comments and no longer contact sellers for many reasons. I have never seen a seller remove a fake or questionable item. (I have had some alter their description based on a message from me.) Most replys usually go something like this: "So-and so (you fill in the names, watchmaker or Rolex person) told them it was genuine. Or, I'm an idiot and don't know what I'm talking about!!! (Which my wife says quite often!)

It really isn't worth the aggravation because no seller wants to admit he has been scammed. It's like a person or bank receiving a counterfeit bill, when most find out, they usually try and pass it on to someone else.

Sorry about your watch, but it wasn't right. Hang tight though, enjoy the forum, as there is plenty here for all to absorb.

John

INSTAGRAM USER NAME: SPRINGERJFP
Visit my Instagram page to view some of the finest vintage GMTs anywhere - as well as other vintage classics.
springer is offline   Reply With Quote