The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 28 September 2008, 12:46 PM   #31
folexhater

No way, I held my dog until her last breath and I felt like she passed happy thinking I was there for her all the way! Buried her in my backyard and planted a seed! Now I have a full grown Orange tree and I named it after her! SERENDIPITY!
folexhater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 September 2008, 01:08 PM   #32
Boopie
"TRF" Member

Watch: Yachtmaster
When the dog starts to feel the effects of the pain and is no longer happy, then it's time. Dogs shouldn't have to suffer, as they can't understand what they are going through. They just want to enjoy themselves and make us happy.

We had to put down our last two dogs, both Rottweilers, just as their respective diseases started to take the toll, and it appeared that they were going to suffer. They were difficult decisions, but we received a very kind letter from the vet after putting one dog down, stating that the vet knew we had a difficult choice, but it was for the best because we didn't let our dog suffer.

We've known people who keep their dogs alive long after the dogs start to suffer. We were particularly upset at one woman who selfishly kept her little poodle alive long after the poor dog turned blind. The dog kept running into walls, people, etc. It was a small poodle and people were constantly stepping on it because the poor thing didn't know where it was. Finally, after years of the blind dog running around, the dog accidentally fell through a second story stairway railing, and straight down one floor onto a hard floor below. I think it broke its hip, and several other bones. The woman still didn't want to put "her baby" down, but finally did a couple of days after the fall. I can't imagine what the poor, blind, broken dog thought during its suffering.
Boopie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 September 2008, 01:18 PM   #33
East Bay Rider
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT-II 16710LN
I'm very sorry.
It always just says "now"
Now you may be thinking that I was had
But this watch is never wrong
And if I have trouble the warranty said
Breathe In, Breathe Out, Move On
J. Buffett
Instagram: eastbayrider46
East Bay Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 September 2008, 01:33 PM   #34
Art161
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sundial
Sorry for your loss, Erik. Think of the good times, and always remember that you did the right thing for Chandy.
Member #13992 HM Power to the Superlative Panda, officially certified! HMPanda eats, shoots and leaves.
Rolexers do it with perpetual movements.
Art161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 September 2008, 01:37 PM   #35
Lisa
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikAalto View Post
I don't know to really consider it a coincidence, but Sandy was the name of Chandy's father, (Chandler was her mother, Chandler + Sandy yields Chandy). (are sire and dame the proper pedigree names?)

I'm sure lots of dogs are named Sandy though, especially yellow labs and golden retrievers.

I definitely hope to get another Labrador some day, she truly was a great dog.
Erik, my thoughts are with you and your family. It's so hard to lose a pet, but I hope it comforts you to know you gave her a great life.
Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 September 2008, 01:57 PM   #36
gmtobsessed
"TRF" Member

I'm so sorry to hear about Chandy, Erik.

My family loves dogs, and we've been through this couple of years
ago when one of our dogs is really old and sick, we put him down
because we love him so much and dont want him to go through
all the pain. Wish you all the best

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbits76 View Post
My golden retriever Dylan, went through the same thing.

We hesitated, keeping him going for months. Finally his hind legs went at 14 years old and it broke my heart to see him like that, struggling to move and crying in pain.

I had to carry him into the vets to have the dreaded jab. In hindsight I should have done it sooner.

It is an awful thing to do and a terrible thing to be part of but although it sounds corny, it is the right thing to do and if you truly love your dog, let her go with dignity, surrounded by her family.

Good luck and keep strong.

Jim
gmtobsessed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 September 2008, 10:04 PM   #37
unclesallie
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: keystone pocket
i cannot add much to these beautiful posts, except: sorry and my best wishes to you and your family to get through this as best you can.
unclesallie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 September 2008, 10:15 PM   #38
away36
"TRF" Member

Watch: Vintage Rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikAalto View Post
Well, the time has come and passed. It was heart wrenching. I thought I had mentally prepared for this the entire week, but I was so wrong. I know in the end it was for the best, but it's so incredibly difficult to feel that way. My family and I have taken it very hard. I'm sure that in time the feelings of loss will subside, and I should focus on the 12 years of great memories, instead of the minute it took for her to fade away.

Thank you all for your kind wishes, it means a lot to me.
Rainbow Bridge

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...
away36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 September 2008, 10:44 PM   #39
Jimbits76
"TRF" Member

Nancy

That is really sweet.

Even bought a tear to cynical old Bitsy!!!!!

I'm off to have a howl!

J
Jimbits76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 September 2008, 10:47 PM   #40
Jimbits76
"TRF" Member

Erik

It hurts and it feels as though there is probably a hole deep inside of you but you did the right thing.

Don't ever forget it. You loved your pet in life and by doing what you did, in death also.

It takes a strong, brave soul to say goodbye to something or somebody they love.

You have our admiration, respect and love.

Jim
Jimbits76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 September 2008, 01:39 AM   #41
DSJ
"TRF" Member

Watch: your step!
I'm sorry for your loss Erik. Chandy is playing with my Nika out there somewhere...
DSJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 September 2008, 05:47 AM   #42
sini1717
"TRF" Member

Watch: WHITE FACE DAYTONA
So sorry for you and your family. My thoughts are with you
sini1717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 September 2008, 03:16 PM   #43
sombunya

Watch: My only Rolex
One of the MOST difficult things a person must do. And I say that after careful thought.

I only wish I was brave enough to put my dogs down before I did. I waited too long...

Focus on the good life your dog has had. Easy for me to say. I don't have to do it.

Stay strong.
sombunya is offline   Reply With Quote