The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > Buyers/Sellers "Who's Who" ?!?!

Old 7 July 2017, 11:28 PM   #1
MannyMann
"TRF" Member

SohAIS is the best seller!!!

I'm posting this here on TRF as well as on WUS so that I can spread the word of how awesome SohAIS is.

Let me walk you through my experience so that potential buyers/sellers/traders know what to expect and how you might feel.

I purchased a 16610 full set from a private seller in less than stellar shape and loved it for a while until I realized how awesome the 116610LN SubC was (to each his/her own) and had dreamed of it as my grail for the longest time. I found SohAIS on WUS and an expired post of a LNIB SubC for a fair price from him, so, naturally I reached out and asked if he was interested in a trade for my pre-ceramic set with some extra cash. He said he was but that SubC set was, unfortunately, already sold, BUT that he would be getting another SubC set in the mail soon. This was fine by me as I had sent my 16610 off to service so I could take the several weeks to really research the SubC and make sure that is what I wanted (to avoid buyer’s remorse). After a little exchange, we decided on the premise of the deal. SohAIS was so accommodating: he kept extremely good communication and updated me as soon as he received the SubC set and sent me amazing (and I mean AMAZING) high-definition pictures of the watch and answered ALL of my incessant questions (i.e. what’s the story of the watch? How did you acquire it? Etc.). He even sent a picture of the watch on a Timegrapher with the beat errors and everything!
The problem was my 16610 would be another 2.5 weeks (or so) in service. SohAIS asked for a $300 deposit to hold the watch for me. I was a little apprehensive because of the wealth of online scumbag scammers out there, but SohAIS has such glowing reviews, I sent the deposit with just a little uneasiness (I am always uneasy over online transactions). He was so quick with emails and replies I felt like I was in excellent hands and he understood my apprehensions while still being so professional, courteous and kind (very rare these days—especially over the internet!)

Anyway, my watch arrived from service a little earlier that I had thought 2 weeks later. I sent SohAIS the pictures and shipped the watch to him. After a couple of days, he informed me that he had received the watch, but had some issues (the service did not include the removed links which still needed polishing, missing service papers I forgot, etc.). I felt upset and scared because I messed up and thought that SohAIS would be angry for me wasting his time, but he was so understanding and we worked through it! He was so professional and kind, it was a surreal experience. I sent the payment and, literally, less than 24 hours later, the package was delivered! Even before I started to open the package, I got an email from SohAIS that he saw that it was delivered and asked how the watch is! (Talk about punctual!!!). I opened the set and it was just as pristine and perfect as he showed and said. Absolutely fantastic. I have my grail now and will have it forever.

Takeaways/TLDR: SohAIS is amazing, courteous, very communicative (over 45 emails exchanged between us over the course of 3 weeks!!!), professional, and such a trustworthy man. I would not hesitate working with him again. All of the reviews online (including this one) don’t do justice as to how fair and kind SohAIS and the transaction is.

I wrote this (somewhat) detailed review because there is a paucity of such reviews (there is only one other I have found about SohAIS like this), but most are just one-liners which does not do SohAIS justice as how easy and amazing dealing with his actually is.

Thank you, SohAIS. The watch community values you very much.
MannyMann is offline   Reply With Quote