The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 22 July 2017, 12:47 AM   #61
benlee
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, AP, PP
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler1980 View Post
i know. I like those exact two as well. SS blue ROC is the only one i haven't seen but the other two are stunning in person.
I own the SS ROC blue dial novelty. Personally, I think it's the best of the bunch.

Old 22 July 2017, 12:50 AM   #62
P2725TMB
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: AP, Rolex, Omega
A lovely pic of a lovely watch!
P2725TMB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22 July 2017, 12:51 AM   #63
benlee
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, AP, PP
Quote:
Originally Posted by P2725TMB View Post
A lovely pic of a lovely watch!
Thanks!
Old 24 July 2017, 08:16 AM   #64
jem7v
Banned

hahaha I love this....guess what I have to add to this thread. After having my RG for 2 days the chrono no longer works. It moves a bit then freezes completely. It was working perfectly fine yesterday and now today nothing.

EDIT:Wait never mind. False alarm. It's just because it's power was so low I think. I manually wound it a few times, and it's working again. Haven't worn it since I got it yet since it's been pouring all weekend.
jem7v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 July 2017, 08:20 AM   #65
HL65
TRF Moderator & 2024 Patron

Watch: One on my wrist.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jem7v View Post
hahaha I love this....guess what I have to add to this thread. After having my RG for 2 days the chrono no longer works. It moves a bit then freezes completely. It was working perfectly fine yesterday and now today nothing.
Are you kidding me? What a pain in the rear! Off to APSC - at least they are tops in service and should resolve quickly for you. I guess I am lucky as never an issue w/ any of my chrono's over the years.

SPEM SUCCESSUS ALIT
HL65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 July 2017, 08:20 AM   #66
HL65
TRF Moderator & 2024 Patron

Watch: One on my wrist.
Quote:
Originally Posted by benlee View Post
I own the SS ROC blue dial novelty. Personally, I think it's the best of the bunch.

Beauty Ben! Love the blue as well!

SPEM SUCCESSUS ALIT
HL65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 July 2017, 08:21 AM   #67
texex91
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HL65 View Post
Are you kidding me? What a pain in the rear! Off to APSC - at least they are tops in service and should resolve quickly for you. I guess I am lucky as never an issue w/ any of my chrono's over the years.
Owned a half dozen 44 ROO's no issues here either...some time keeping issues maybe, but never a chrono issue.

OP do you have a video?
texex91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 July 2017, 08:28 AM   #68
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
Quote:

EDIT:Wait never mind. False alarm. It's just because it's power was so low I think. I manually wound it a few times, and it's working again. Haven't worn it since I got it yet since it's been pouring all weekend.
Man, you are like a Comedian at times, God love ya!
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 July 2017, 08:33 AM   #69
texex91
"TRF" Member

Quote:
You can wear this watch inside even when it's raining outside.

Let's get a wrist shot
Old 24 July 2017, 08:35 AM   #70
jem7v
Banned

I was about to lose my sh**. I've never had a watch where the power needed to be practically fully wound for the chrono to work. Usually shaking it a few times or even picking it up was enough. Pretty sure my other one wasn't that weak. Oh well. I'm letting it run now for an hour just to make sure it still works after that haha.
Old 24 July 2017, 08:46 AM   #71
jem7v
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by texex91 View Post
you can wear this watch inside even when it's raining outside.

let's get a wrist shot
287FCABF-882D-4854-B577-9B438931A0C5.jpg
Old 24 July 2017, 08:52 AM   #72
texex91
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Looks like it's working to me :-)

Give it required full winds and wear it and no issues.

Go enjoy
Old 24 July 2017, 09:09 AM   #73
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
You can wear this watch inside even when it's raining outside.

Let's get a wrist shot
tyler1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 July 2017, 09:17 AM   #74
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I was about to lose my sh**. I've never had a watch where the power needed to be practically fully wound for the chrono to work. Usually shaking it a few times or even picking it up was enough. Pretty sure my other one wasn't that weak. Oh well. I'm letting it run now for an hour just to make sure it still works after that haha.
that doesn't sound right though. You should be able to use the chronograph after its been sitting for a while. I didn't wear my Ti for a day and a half, then put it on, went to the airport, and timed (with the chronograph ) a 10 hour flight. Besides wearing it in the house and to the airport i didn't get a lot of wrist movement to charge up the reserve either.
Old 24 July 2017, 09:21 AM   #75
jem7v
Banned

Quote:
that doesn't sound right though. You should be able to use the chronograph after its been sitting for a while. I didn't wear my Ti for a day and a half, then put it on, went to the airport, and timed (with the chronograph ) a 10 hour flight. Besides wearing it in the house and to the airport i didn't get a lot of wrist movement to charge up the reserve either.
It doesn't sound right. But I really haven't worn it at all since I got it besides to unwrap it and take pictures. I took it out of the box, made sure there were no marks on it, and put it back in. And it's sat there yesterday and today.

Maybe in your case it still had enough power. A day and a half is only 36 hours, and the power reserve I believe is 50 hours?

I'll check it out again in the morning.
Old 24 July 2017, 09:26 AM   #76
texex91
"TRF" Member

Quote:
It doesn't sound right. But I really haven't worn it at all since I got it besides to unwrap it and take pictures. I took it out of the box, made sure there were no marks on it, and put it back in. And it's sat there yesterday and today.

Maybe in your case it still had enough power. A day and a half is only 36 hours, and the power reserve I believe is 50 hours?

Need to wear watches or put on winder. Wear the watch.
Old 24 July 2017, 09:26 AM   #77
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:

let us know as I'm curious.

Yeah mine was at about 36 hours idle. Then got limited movement before sitting for another 10 hours on the plane so it was basically idle 46 out of about 51 or 52 continuous hours and running the chronograph should deplete the power reserve faster and i didn't get much wrist movement. So it had to be running near the end of the power reserve for some of the time and i didn't have any issues.

My main point was it should not have to be fully would or even half wound to work. You may have issues after its been idle close to two days though.
Old 24 July 2017, 09:31 AM   #78
jem7v
Banned

Quote:
let us know as I'm curious.

Yeah mine was at about 36 hours idle. Then got limited movement before sitting for another 10 hours on the plane so it was basically idle 46 out of about 51 or 52 continuous hours and running the chronograph should deplete the power reserve faster and i didn't get much wrist movement. So it had to be running near the end of the power reserve for some of the time and i didn't have any issues.

My main point was it should not have to be fully would or even half wound to work. You may have issues after its been idle close to two days though.
Well I can check it out tomorrow night. I'll just run the chrono for a bit and put it back. Then I could check it again during the afternoon on Tuesday. It should be near it's power reserve by that point.
Old 24 July 2017, 06:30 PM   #79
P2725TMB
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:

It does sound like you simply hadn't worn it enough or wound it manually enough. Perhaps give it 40 winds, wear it for a day or two and see how it goes. Certainly running the chrono continuously will use more power reserve. Need to also bear in mind although worn if you're not very active and moving around much it won't be winding the watch.

I had a power reserve problem with my 44RG soon after getting it. Although wearing it through the day the next morning it had stopped. It went back to AP and is fine now. I wasn't running the chrono either, if I had been it would've stopped even earlier.
Old 24 July 2017, 06:34 PM   #80
P2725TMB
2024 Pledge Member

In truth I can't fathom why you're not wearing it just because of a bit of rain - and I assume you're not standing outside in the rain. I'd be busting to wear mine, come rain or shine!
Old 24 July 2017, 09:39 PM   #81
jem7v
Banned

Quote:
In truth I can't fathom why you're not wearing it just because of a bit of rain - and I assume you're not standing outside in the rain. I'd be busting to wear mine, come rain or shine!
Because I barely been out of the house lol. I usually don't lounge around my house with my watches on. I wear them when I go out.
Old 24 July 2017, 11:55 PM   #82
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Quote:
Because I barely been out of the house lol. I usually don't lounge around my house with my watches on. I wear them when I go out.
do you find them uncomfortable?
Old 25 July 2017, 12:14 AM   #83
P2725TMB
2024 Pledge Member

When I get a new piece like that I'm the opposite - unless there's a chance of damage, or I'm in the shower, or in bed it doesn't come off!
Old 25 July 2017, 12:56 AM   #84
jem7v
Banned

Quote:
When I get a new piece like that I'm the opposite - unless there's a chance of damage, or I'm in the shower, or in bed it doesn't come off!
Lol well there you go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB-man View Post
do you find them uncomfortable?
Haha no. I don't know, I just don't wear watches really unless I go out of the house. Plus I'm on my laptop a lot when I am home, and the AP is not good to wear when using a macbook while it's laying on your lap (or stomach if you are lying down).

If you rest your palm down, the buckle is going to be scratching all over the aluminum body. So you have to arch your wrist up, and that's annoying to do. Plus if I wear this one to work, everyone's eyes will go like this . This is why the 15202 will be my dedicated work watch, while the RG will be for everything else.
Old 25 July 2017, 01:04 AM   #85
texex91
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Lol well there you go.

Haha no. I don't know, I just don't wear watches really unless I go out of the house. Plus I'm on my laptop a lot when I am home, and the AP is not good to wear when using a macbook while it's laying on your lap (or stomach if you are lying down).

If you rest your palm down, the buckle is going to be scratching all over the aluminum body. So you have to arch your wrist up, and that's annoying to do. Plus if I wear this one to work, everyone's eyes will go like this . This is why the 15202 will be my dedicated work watch, while the RG will be for everything else.
I wore my 24/7 (minus shower) and use a MacBook with no issues. What are you going to do at work with that 15202...take it off so it doesn't scratch on MacBook (that watch will scratch just by looking at it)?

99% of the people at work won't even notice your watch (plus who cares what think). But hey, your $$, so do as you please.

Enjoy.
Old 25 July 2017, 03:32 AM   #86
jem7v
Banned

Quote:
I wore my 24/7 (minus shower) and use a MacBook with no issues. What are you going to do at work with that 15202...take it off so it doesn't scratch on MacBook (that watch will scratch just by looking at it)?

99% of the people at work won't even notice your watch (plus who cares what think). But hey, your $$, so do as you please.

Enjoy.
Some noticed my 44 ceramic. They will definitely notice the gold. Clients will too. It's a far louder watch, which is why I sold the ceramic. It was too muted, I wanted something loud for a change. The 15202 is fine because it's not nearly as buckle and super thin. Macbook is for home. Have a desktop at work.

I'm surprised if you use the laptop while laying down, how you avoid the buckle touching the case while resting your wrist on it to type. You got more skills than me then.
Old 25 July 2017, 04:37 AM   #87
texex91
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Some noticed my 44 ceramic. They will definitely notice the gold. Clients will too. It's a far louder watch, which is why I sold the ceramic. It was too muted, I wanted something loud for a change. The 15202 is fine because it's not nearly as buckle and super thin. Macbook is for home. Have a desktop at work.

I'm surprised if you use the laptop while laying down, how you avoid the buckle touching the case while resting your wrist on it to type. You got more skills than me then.
So you're worried people will notice the watch, but you bought something 'loud'

I don't use my computer while laying down. If I'm laying down I'm asleep. I use my computer on the couch, desk, counter all of the time. No issues.

Anyways...good luck.
Old 25 July 2017, 04:49 AM   #88
P2725TMB
2024 Pledge Member

Bizarre...
Old 25 July 2017, 04:53 AM   #89
jem7v
Banned

Quote:
So you're worried people will notice the watch, but you bought something 'loud'
Oh boy here we go again....... I clearly said employees/clients didn't I? Does joe schmo or yourself all into that category? I guess if all your employees are barely educated kids, then sure you could always find more if one quits in anger. PhDs are a tad different.......

Conkers is in finance I'm assuming, since he always has a picture of his bloomberg keyboard. If he isn't trading for himself or a prop shop, maybe you should ask him what happens if you walk into say an investment bank with a 44RG on your wrist . See if you still have your job by days end.That example may help you understand how people react to you in a highly educated industry wearing loud things.
Old 25 July 2017, 05:03 AM   #90
texex91
"TRF" Member

Like I said--good luck and take care