The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 6 May 2006, 03:51 PM   #1
Loaded

Watch: SD/TTDJ
WHo here has purchsed a 2006 SEA-DWELLER?

After careful reading and asking questions i have found a few things weird for 2006.

1. No anchor ( no big deal)
2. No extra links
3. No tool
4. No Dive chart.

Late this evening after JJ asked if I got a extra link or tool I called my AD sales person.. He gave me is number because he is a watch wh0r3 like me.

He was absolutely certain 2006 sea-dweller no longer come with these extra's

What did you get in your box?
Loaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 May 2006, 05:07 PM   #2
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Watch: ALL SOLD!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loaded
After careful reading and asking questions i have found a few things weird for 2006.

2. No extra links
3. No tool
4. No Dive chart.

Late this evening after JJ asked if I got a extra link or tool I called my AD sales person.. He gave me is number because he is a watch wh0r3 like me.

If this is true, then shame on Rolex. Never mind that stupid anchor, but how can they supply a Sea-Dweller (which is definitely a professional diver's watch) without the extra link and a screwdriver to attach it?

Also the dive chart may never be used by 99.99% of us, but there could be a few guys out there who would buy the SD specifically for diving purposes only...and that too maybe professional diving.

I find this all very hard to comprehend. That superb screwdriver and extra link with the diving chart were all a part of the SD kit. Now the whole value of the SD image would have dropped without these essentials!!

Sad to see these 2 items no longer come with the SD...

I firmly believe that my time on planet earth is NOT yet up!! I shall fight this to the very end.......and WIN!!
JJ Irani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 May 2006, 03:30 AM   #3
jolton
"TRF" Member

I just recently purchased a 2006 sea-dweller, and I can assure you, that aside that anchor thing, every thing else you mention does come with it.

I recieved the tool, the chart, and the extra "L" extension link.

Perhaps some one was being a little less than honest with you?
jolton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 May 2006, 04:03 AM   #4
Goodwatch
"TRF" Member

Watch: the sunrise...
Quote:

2. No extra links
3. No tool
4. No Dive chart.

You have been duped. Go to www.rolex.com and to the Professional line. Then to Sea-Dweller. In the description, the link and tool are mentioned as part of the package. Go back and demand these items! Are you sure it is an AD?
Old 7 May 2006, 05:32 AM   #5
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

You are right, Frans...it has been stated that the tool kit and extra link come with the SD. Just hope this is not last year's ad still to be updated.

I firmly believe that my time on planet earth is NOT yet up!! I shall fight this to the very end.......and WIN!!
Old 7 May 2006, 05:40 AM   #6
Goodwatch
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ Irani
You are right, Frans...it has been stated that the tool kit and extra link come with the SD. Just hope this is not last year's ad still to be updated.
They have no reason to do so, the items at hand are not expensive. I smell a rat here.

But the decision to drop the anchor still baffles me. We all know it’s a trinket. It’s a toy. But it’s also a part of the Rolex heritage. In my case it was a metal anchor, unless I’m very mistaken. I mention this because I’ve read that some owners claim it is plastic. My letters to Rolex were always answered so how about a campaign to get the anchor back?

Rolex owners of the world unite! GTAB, Get The Anchor Back!
Old 7 May 2006, 05:43 AM   #7
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodwatch
They have no reason to do so, the items at hand are not expensive. I smell a rat here.

But the decision to drop the anchor still baffles me. We all know it’s a trinket. It’s a toy. But it’s also a part of the Rolex heritage. In my case it was a metal anchor, unless I’m very mistaken. I mention this because I’ve read that some owners claim it is plastic. My letters to Rolex were always answered so how about a campaign to get the anchor back?

Rolex owners of the world unite! GTAB, Get The Anchor Back!
Definitely plastic, coated with some stuff to just make it "look" like steel. I still have one from my previous collection. POS if you ask me. But the screwdriver and extra "L" link are a must with the SD...along with the Dive Chart.

Old 7 May 2006, 05:50 AM   #8
Goodwatch
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Definitely plastic, coated with some stuff to just make it "look" like steel. I still have one from my previous collection. POS if you ask me. But the screwdriver and extra "L" link are a must with the SD...along with the Dive Chart.
????? It feels cold to the touch and plastic doesn't do that. I think it's the material some toy cars are made from, a mix of lead and zink, chrome plated. Never mind. The items are not exiting, it's the fact that someone stole them, because that's what it is
Old 7 May 2006, 05:58 AM   #9
Loaded

Watch: SD/TTDJ
See my other thread Big stinking rats at Bachendorfs Dallas!
Loaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 May 2006, 06:04 AM   #10
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Quote:
See my other thread Big stinking rats at Bachendorfs Dallas!
Seen and replied, pal!!!

Old 7 May 2006, 02:17 PM   #11
Val

We have a SD in the store now, and it did NOT come with the screwdriver and anchor. I believe the extra link is attached already... (extention link?) I will prob to find out why. Also, how do you know if it's and 06 model? I thought we were still in the D series, (which is 05 IIRC) .
Val is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 May 2006, 02:57 PM   #12
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Val
We have a SD in the store now, and it did NOT come with the screwdriver and anchor. I believe the extra link is attached already... (extention link?) I will prob to find out why. Also, how do you know if it's and 06 model? I thought we were still in the D series, (which is 05 IIRC) .
While I'm not doubting what you've just said, Val, it is rather surprising if Rolex does not supply those items with a professional dive watch.

Also, there is already the "S" link attached to the bracelet. How can they also attach the "L" link to that which would then make the bracelet impossibly BIG for any average wrist? The "L" link is ONLY attached when the owner wishes to wear the watch over and outside a very thick diving suit.

JJ

Old 7 May 2006, 03:07 PM   #13
Val

Quote:
While I'm not doubting what you've just said, Val, it is rather surprising if Rolex does not supply those items with a professional dive watch.

Also, there is already the "S" link attached to the bracelet. How can they also attach the "L" link to that which would then make the bracelet impossibly BIG for any average wrist? The "L" link is ONLY attached when the owner wishes to wear the watch over and outside a very thick diving suit.

JJ

I see what you are saying. I believe you are correct. I will definitely look into this when I'm at work.
Old 7 May 2006, 03:11 PM   #14
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Val

I see what you are saying. I believe you are correct. I will definitely look into this when I'm at work.
Thanks for that, Val.

What I'd really like you to do is open up the box of a brand new Sea-Dweller and check for the following extras...

A green leather pouch with a small loop on the top though which the screwdriver is inserted. Then there is a slot in front for the special Dive Card and on the left will be the "L" link (which I have pictured on the previous page) in a small plastic bag.

The above is of course besides the usual warranty card holder, booklets, etc.

Thanks - JJ

Old 12 May 2006, 02:28 PM   #15
Val

You are 100% correct JJ. Actually, you helped us find and fix an error in our store. When we receive Rolexes or any watch for that matter, we take them out of the box along with the warranty papers (if applicable). After, we put them in the display cases and we store the boxes. As most of you know, Rolex has 4 main box sizes ( new Rolexes, excluding Cellini), so we store them according to size. I never knew that the SD came with these items, so I never looked for them. (actually, my manager was the only one who knew of them, but he figured that Rolex was not providing them anymore). That was one issue, not knowing to look for it, the second issue is that on occasion we transfer watches to other stores, If the person doing the transfer does not know about these items, they are left in the original store, with the original box. We are now implementing measures to correct the problem.

Also, Rolex is no longer issuing the anchors like they used to...
Old 12 May 2006, 02:49 PM   #16
Launch Mini
"TRF" Member

Watch: can I?
Great work JJ
We all know this is gonna go to JJ's head & I see Balloon Head pictures soon to follow.

Member # 293
Launch Mini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 May 2006, 04:27 PM   #17
Flick
"TRF" Member

Watch: SD
Hey guys,

Bought my SD from Ben Bridge yesterday and it came with all the fore mentioned items in a green pouch. I believe Subs and SD's should still come with anchors. My watches serial is D720XXX.

"L" link
Dive chart
Tool(screwdriver)
Anchor
Flick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 May 2006, 04:30 PM   #18
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Val
You are 100% correct JJ. Actually, you helped us find and fix an error in our store. When we receive Rolexes or any watch for that matter, we take them out of the box along with the warranty papers (if applicable). After, we put them in the display cases and we store the boxes. As most of you know, Rolex has 4 main box sizes ( new Rolexes, excluding Cellini), so we store them according to size. I never knew that the SD came with these items, so I never looked for them. (actually, my manager was the only one who knew of them, but he figured that Rolex was not providing them anymore). That was one issue, not knowing to look for it, the second issue is that on occasion we transfer watches to other stores, If the person doing the transfer does not know about these items, they are left in the original store, with the original box. We are now implementing measures to correct the problem.

Also, Rolex is no longer issuing the anchors like they used to...
Thanks for the appreciation, Val. You're right, no more anchors. I didn't get one with my new Sub but it looks like our friend, Flick, did get one with his SD!!

JJ

Old 12 May 2006, 04:32 PM   #19
Flick
"TRF" Member

Watch: SD
Here's the pic of my box from yesterday.

and the "L" link:

Flick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 May 2006, 04:36 PM   #20
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered