The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex Watch Gallery

Old 29 September 2008, 02:17 AM   #1
dicer
"TRF" Member

Assistance please

I'm buying a Rolex for my husband as a surprise I know there is one in particular he likes but without letting the cat out the bag and spoiling the surprise I can't find out which one it is.

I was with him in a jewellers out of town when he pointed out the one he liked. He currently has an Omega Seamaster mid-size with blue dial in SS and I remember that the Rolex he pointed out looked very similar.

I actually called the same jewellers to ask a few questions about it BUT the one she thought I was referring to was the GMT Master II in blue (gave me ref #300238) and I really thought my husband had mentioned a Submariner somewhere in a conversation once. So then she said I must mean a Submariner date but without seeing them or knowing the difference between the two I am struggling. Obviously I'd hate to buy him the wrong one!

I have tried looking online for information on each, have also checked the rolex website but have so far not been able to find out much!

Would anybody be able to assist me here - i've not been able to see a plain blue bezel without jewels on a SS or white gold strap....does that mean I need to get the gmt master ii ? or am i just looking in the wrong place!

Thanks in advance

di
dicer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 September 2008, 02:27 AM   #2
dicer
"TRF" Member

p.s. SORRY for posting this in the gallery area....I thought I'd moved to the right spot.
Old 29 September 2008, 02:40 AM   #3
TimeToGo
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Hi, Di! I wonder if you are looking for a two-tone BLUE submariner. It has a blue dial and bezel. Yellow gold along the middle of the bracelet.
TimeToGo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29 September 2008, 02:57 AM   #4
dicer
"TRF" Member

nope it's def not two-tone - the bracelet will be silver in colour. just been looking further and i've got another one that looks like it could be 'the one' which is in the sea-dweller range.
Old 29 September 2008, 06:26 AM   #5
mretzloff
"TRF" Member

Watch: Submariner Date
Maybe he saw a replica of the upcoming white gold blue Sub. Is it this one?

"M" 16610 Submariner
"M" 16570w Explorer II
mretzloff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 September 2008, 11:05 AM   #6
dicer
"TRF" Member

hello, it was definitely not a replica, it was in an authorised rolex jewellers shop and cost megabucks, i thought the blue was more muted than the pic you have shown.
Old 7 October 2008, 08:44 PM   #7
nikhileshsingh

Watch: Sub, Explorer II
I think you are looking for a Submariner Date! I think he will love it. I know I do!
nikhileshsingh is offline   Reply With Quote