The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 12 October 2017, 12:40 AM   #1
MJK737
"TRF" Member

Watch: This, Hold my Beer
Need help posting pictures

Maybe I'm a little slow, I've read the FAQ's and ran a search, but how do I post pics? Each time I try it says my image is too big. Is there a simple work around without having to subscribe to a third part host that requires personal information? It's very frustrating, and more importantly, why the change?

MJK
Old 12 October 2017, 12:55 AM   #2
Syed117
"TRF" Member

The Tapatalk app is the easiest way. Post directly from your phone.

For pictures from a computer, I use Imgur. Upload my photos there and then use the message board links they provide.
Old 12 October 2017, 12:57 AM   #3
cwieb
"TRF" Member

Email the image to yourself in a smaller resolution, download, and then upload directly.
Old 12 October 2017, 12:58 AM   #4
SG56
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: SD4K
postimages.org/ seems to work too.
Yacht-Master 268622 - the chick version
Speedy Mitsukoshi <3
Tag Heuer Aquaracer WAF141C.BA0824 - the chick version

Thank you logan5tx!!! Have to link it. Too long for the signature.
https://www.rolexforums.com/showpost...0&postcount=14
Old 12 October 2017, 01:00 AM   #5
MonBK
Banned

Click on manage attachments.
Old 12 October 2017, 01:10 AM   #6
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJK737 View Post
Maybe I'm a little slow, I've read the FAQ's and ran a search, but how do I post pics? Each time I try it says my image is too big. Is there a simple work around without having to subscribe to a third part host that requires personal information? It's very frustrating, and more importantly, why the change?
Just cannot understand why you think its complicated to resize a picture on any platform if picture on computer then resize it with paint.Its so simple a child of 5 could do it, plus there are hundreds of free apps and tutorials on the net showing how to do it on all platforms.Anyone would think its rocket science but in the real world just needs a little of your own brain power.Just resize to 1000X1000 pixels which is perfect for forum use,some of the pictures posted were a crazy size making you scroll side to side up and down to view unless you had a 60 inch screen.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
Old 12 October 2017, 01:16 AM   #7
MonBK
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by padi56 View Post
Just cannot understand why you think its complicated to resize a picture on any platform if picture on computer then resize it with paint.Its so simple a child of 5 could do it, plus there are hundreds of free apps and tutorials on the net showing how to do it on all platforms.Anyone would think its rocket science but in the real world just needs a little of your own brain power.Just resize to 1000X1000 pixels which is perfect for forum use,some of the pictures posted were a crazy size making you scroll side to side up and down to view unless you had a 60 inch screen.
I agree but the KB is IMO too low as most pics 1000x1000 are a few hundred higher.
Old 12 October 2017, 01:31 AM   #8
Tmac478
"TRF" Member

Watch: RG Skydweller
Since Photobucket went belly up, I've been using my Dropbox account. Super easy.
Old 12 October 2017, 03:03 AM   #9
beshannon
"TRF" Member

Watch: One of Not Many
I use Flick since Photobucket is trash and that along with IMGUR are blocked for me at work.
Vacheron Constantin Traditionnelle Complete Calendar, Glashutte PanoInverse, Glashutte SeaQ Panorama Date, Omega Aqua Terra 150, Omega CK 859, Omega Speedmaster 3861 Moonwatch, Glashutte Senator Exellence, Rolex 116710 GMT Master II BLNR, Breitling Superocean Steelfish, JLC Atmos Transparent
Old 12 October 2017, 10:30 AM   #10
MJK737
"TRF" Member

Quote:
You lost me with resize it with paint. I get it that most of you guys use computers everyday with work and are computer savvy. I don't use a computer for work and am pretty much IT illiterate. I run an iPad, I'm not sure if that makes a difference. I'm a pretty busy guy that like to jump on the forums here and there, I can't justify spending time to learn new apps or go through tutorials to post a pic here or there. I do like the idea of emailing it to myself and choosing the smaller size, so I'm going to give it a shot. Thanks for your feedback.

MJK
Old 12 October 2017, 11:01 AM   #11
MJK737
"TRF" Member

IMG_0291.JPG

Alas... thanks everyone.

MJK
Old 12 October 2017, 02:54 PM   #12
Old Expat Beast
TRF Moderator & 2024 Patron

Watch: SEIKO
For iPad/iPhone I use a free app called Resize It.
Old 12 October 2017, 06:10 PM   #13
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJK737 View Post
You lost me with resize it with paint. I get it that most of you guys use computers everyday with work and are computer savvy. I don't use a computer for work and am pretty much IT illiterate. I run an iPad, I'm not sure if that makes a difference. I'm a pretty busy guy that like to jump on the forums here and there, I can't justify spending time to learn new apps or go through tutorials to post a pic here or there. I do like the idea of emailing it to myself and choosing the smaller size, so I'm going to give it a shot. Thanks for your feedback.
If you are using Windows right click on picture on your PC open with paint second box top left click resize.When box opens select pixels then just put say 1000 in horizontal the vertical will be done automatic then click OK then close paint and say save image job done.

ICom Pro3

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Old 12 October 2017, 06:30 PM   #14
MonBK
Banned

Quote:
If you are using Windows right click on picture on your PC open with paint second box top left click resize.When box opens select pixels then just put say 1000 in horizontal the vertical will be done automatic then click OK then close paint and say save image job done.
The job is NOT done if the KB is too large.
Old 12 October 2017, 07:27 PM   #15
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonBK View Post
The job is NOT done if the KB is too large.
When changing to pixels the KB will be reduced to that picture pixel size and will be fine for forum use.

ICom Pro3

www.mc0yad.club

Old 12 October 2017, 08:06 PM   #16
yannis
"TRF" Member

Watch: maniac
Quote:
When changing to pixels the KB will be reduced to that picture pixel size and will be fine for forum use.
Hey Peter,
When i take a photo of a wristshot from my Note 8 and send to the Mac i have one hell of a time uploading it as even when i meet the pixel requirements the KB requirements are not met. It really sucks my friend. It was not like this a few months ago. just my 2 eurocents/pence/cents.

Old 12 October 2017, 08:17 PM   #17
MonBK
Banned

Quote:
If Steve would up the KB to 400kb then yes it would work most of the time but as it is now it doesn't work.
Old 12 October 2017, 09:01 PM   #18
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Quote:
Originally Posted by yannis7777 View Post
Hey Peter,
When i take a photo of a wristshot from my Note 8 and send to the Mac i have one hell of a time uploading it as even when i meet the pixel requirements the KB requirements are not met. It really sucks my friend. It was not like this a few months ago. just my 2 eurocents/pence/cents.
Simple answer just reduce the image size on the phone 3-4 mega pixels pictures will be fine no need for these hugely high pixel pictures for forum use,then reduce to around 1000X1000 pixels..

Picture under 94kb

And read below thread that Steve posted.

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=544149

ICom Pro3

www.mc0yad.club

Old 12 October 2017, 09:22 PM   #19
yannis
"TRF" Member

Watch: maniac
Quote:
Simple answer just reduce the image size on the phone 3-4 mega pixels pictures will be fine no need for these hugely high pixel pictures for forum use,then reduce to around 1000X1000 pixels..

Picture under 94kb

And read below thread that Steve posted.

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=544149
Diolch my Welsh friend.

Old 13 October 2017, 09:28 AM   #20
JustBlueFish
Banned

Quote:

Wow I can’t believe whoever owns this forum allows a moderator to speak to a member asking an innocent question so disrespectfully.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 13 October 2017, 06:29 PM   #21
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustBlueFish View Post
Wow I can’t believe whoever owns this forum allows a moderator to speak to a member asking an innocent question so disrespectfully.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Well its only you that think any form of disrespect to the original poster and my reply and help with posting with paint was not disrespectful in any way.

ICom Pro3

www.mc0yad.club

Old 20 October 2017, 06:30 PM   #22
emkwan
Banned

Watch: Rolex 116710 BLNR
How can we post pictures from Instagram? anyone know?
Old 20 October 2017, 11:45 PM   #23
wongwong5
"TRF" Member

You are able to edit photos by themselves on your desktop, just open the the picture and click "tools' at the top i believe.
Old 22 October 2017, 03:57 AM   #24
imgped
"TRF" Member

I want to improve on my pictures of my watcg using my Samsung galaxy note.. Any opinions ?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
Closed Thread