The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 13 January 2018, 05:10 AM   #31
Shaky
"TRF" Member

Genkifd it’s the same in the UK. Just a case or window full of those models with the occasional PM model or an Explorer II thrown in.
You used to see the odd Milgaus, YM or black bezelled GMT but they are like hens teeth now as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Shaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 January 2018, 05:08 PM   #32
HK Islandboy
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by genkifd View Post
for those who have purchased the SD43 from your AD you are very lucky IMO.

hopefully all comes through via my HK contact.

at my local AD all you see is a sea of Day Dates and Day Justs. anything outside of these are not stocked and required to be on the waiting list (if possible). Actually seeing so many DJ & DD kind of turns me off them
The ADs I’ve spoken to here have had very few of these come in and the stock situation sounds to be the same as in Aus.

Why not just buy from a trusted seller on here? The premium is tiny (at least last I checked).
HK Islandboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 January 2018, 05:32 PM   #33
BIGPOCKETS
"TRF" Member

Mate - I feel your pain & frustration.
I've a story which is "unusual" but I'll try to explain.

I organised a refund on a PANERAI I had paid a deposit on - & in turn used the funds to go on a holiday with my family, as well as installed a new oven, cook-top & updated or old sofas......
As I finalised my refund, I was talking with my AD and mentioned how I was interested in the SD126600, to which he replied "you and everyone else!" & that I'd be on the waiting list for a LONG time - possibly 2-3 years.

Long story short, we organised & paid for our trip. Afterwards,I had a thought & e-mailed a ROLEX AD in the OS country we were bound for. 12 days later it had arrived, I asked for a photo, confirmed the Retail price (pretty much the same around the world) & placed a deposit on it. I "view" it next Thursday & collect it as I leave the country a week or so afterwards.....
So what I'd say is persevere & try "out-of-the-box" ways of getting your hands on one.
Good luck mate!
BIGPOCKETS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 February 2018, 09:50 AM   #34
westsiderkg
"TRF" Member

Watch: '66 Submariner
No offense but you need to relax. msrp is around 11k and I'm not sure thus watch is worth that imho. stop buying them at the inflated prices and it will drop. that simple. personally I'd like one but dealers can respectfully sit on it.
westsiderkg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 February 2018, 11:22 AM   #35
Tvo2003
"TRF" Member

Two week wait in Atlanta

I paid 20% down at my AD in Atlanta and my SD arrived exactly two weeks later
Tvo2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 February 2018, 07:08 PM   #36
genkifd
"TRF" Member

Watch: SD43
Quote:
Originally Posted by HK Islandboy View Post
The ADs I’ve spoken to here have had very few of these come in and the stock situation sounds to be the same as in Aus.

Why not just buy from a trusted seller on here? The premium is tiny (at least last I checked).
After ppaying import tax its no longer a small difference
genkifd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 February 2018, 09:16 PM   #37
HK Islandboy
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP
Quote:
After ppaying import tax its no longer a small difference
You would face the same situation if your contact in HK came through with one from an AD in HK and you brought it back to Aus, would you not?
HK Islandboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 February 2018, 09:31 PM   #38
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1William View Post
The SD43 is my favorite SS Rolex diver of all time. I have a very good relationship with my AD and could not get this watch in what I considered a reasonable time frame. Of course, no discount plus sales tax. I went to a well known Trusted Seller and worked a deal and it was slightly more than I would have paid at full msrp plus tax but it has been worth it to me. A few dollars are not going to hold me up from a watch that I really want and plan on keeping for the long haul. Source the watch through the Grey market and get the best deal possible and enjoy.
I’m with you William, great looking piece for sure
brandrea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25 February 2018, 10:03 PM   #39
tng11
"TRF" Member

I tried one on at a local grey on Thursday and then asked my sales guy at the AD to let me know when one comes in. Less than 24 hours later I got a call - complete dumb luck as their latest shipment had one (this AD doesn't do formal waitlists, it's FCFS.)

With a little patience, footwork and luck they are obtainable at MSRP. TS would have been 40% more expensive for me assuming a $13,000 BNIB price plus import taxes.
tng11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 February 2018, 11:33 PM   #40
genkifd
"TRF" Member

Watch: SD43
Quote:
Originally Posted by HK Islandboy View Post
You would face the same situation if your contact in HK came through with one from an AD in HK and you brought it back to Aus, would you not?
Noop as l have a few relatives and my wife flys to hk once a year or two
genkifd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 February 2018, 12:18 AM   #41
Valle de Joux
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
i reside in Melbourne, Australia and it seems next to impossible to be on the waiting list for this watch.

Went to the local AD (1 of only 3) and the salesperson advise this watch is in high demand and we cannot put anymore people's name on the waiting list.

My relative in Hong Kong has indicated that the waiting list is in the hundreds but at least you can get on.

Hopefully my other contact in HK can come through with the goods as he has personal contacts with ADs in HK.

for those who have it (purchased from an AD) im very envious.

is my local AD situation the same in your country?
They are available in the U.S.. That was a month ago.
Valle de Joux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 February 2018, 12:32 AM   #42
Mousehunter
"TRF" Member

Watch: AK, SD43, Hulk
It sure of the wait list, but my AD said hey had not received any for some time. They had black DS, Sub, Sub date, etc in the display. No GMT, Bluezy, Air King, or rare models though.
Mousehunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 February 2018, 12:53 AM   #43
tng11
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousehunter View Post
It sure of the wait list, but my AD said hey had not received any for some time. They had black DS, Sub, Sub date, etc in the display. No GMT, Bluezy, Air King, or rare models though.
In the same time my AD received around 6 BLNRs, 2 LV, 2 D-Blue, at last 3 white dial SS SkyD and a SS Daytona or two, they've only received 1 SD43.
tng11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 February 2018, 02:06 AM   #44
oldman2005
"TRF" Member

I'm trying to get a 2nd SD43 from a different AD which have not received a SD43 yet. The sale person told me I'm the 1st one on the list for the past 6 months.

This SD43 is rarer than people thought
oldman2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 February 2018, 02:25 AM   #45
samson66
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: my money leaving!
I was #3 on my AD list back in the summer when I was added. The last time I checked which was last month, I was #3. So I asked if they had gotten any in. They said one here and there. So what that tells me is #1 they aren't getting many at all and have no real idea when they will, and more importantly #2 when they do get one it it goes to a VIP and it doesn't really matter where you are on the list. It's incredibly frustrating and led me to buy one from a TS on TRF. My only regret is waiting all these months to do it. Should have just bought one from a TS initially back in the fall when they were a little cheaper. Now they have edged up again in cost. Not a huge deal but saving an extra $500 or so would have been nice. I'm still on six waiting lists, not a single call or email from any of them.
samson66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 March 2018, 12:44 AM   #46
misterbass
"TRF" Member

I have just seen one at an AD in Salzburg Austria. As I'm from the UK, I wasn't willing to take the hit on exchange rate and foreign transaction%, all amounting to about £1k above UK MSRP
misterbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 March 2018, 12:49 AM   #47
WEST HAM ROLEX
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT LN/SD43/D Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by T3F View Post
I'm in the U.S., which seems to have shorter waiting lists than Australia, and I gave up. Multiple dealers refused to put me on their waiting lists and, of the ones I did get on, the quickest timeframe I was given was "hopefully within 6 months."

I strongly suggest looking at the forum sellers, ebay, and Chrono24 (where I bought mine). I paid $12,450 and got it the next day, which is barely more - a few hundred at most, depending on which state I bought the watch in - than I would have paid from an AD and it was brand new. Worst case scenario, you'll pay an extra $1,000 to get the watch now rather than in months (or even a year or more).
6 months?
That's quite good,,,
I Would wait that long
WEST HAM ROLEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 March 2018, 09:42 AM   #48
Fabrice M
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: This and that...
Mine took 4 weeks.
Fabrice M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 March 2018, 09:45 AM   #49
VicLeChic
Banned

Watch: YM 116622 - SD43
Mine was the first to hit the AD back in May 2017. I was lucky. Can't see that happening with the steel Pepsi.
VicLeChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 March 2018, 11:31 AM   #50
DoctorA
"TRF" Member

It’s surly one of the best pieces Rolex made! It’s frustrating though not having them
Readily available !
Old 29 March 2018, 11:52 AM   #51
V25V
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman2005 View Post
For the SD43, the aftermarket pricing is very reasonable for such a beautiful and hard to find watch. I paid MSRP plus sale tax so it's about what you paid without the waiting, running around looking for one

Msrp is 11,350, sales tax is let's say 6%, that's 12,031. They are listing on here from grays at 14k! How is that "about what you paid without the waiting, running around looking for one"? That's 2k over what you would pay with tax and even more if I just have it shipped over state line, which most AD's will do. So sick of seeing people say this.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
V25V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 March 2018, 01:06 PM   #52
gsteve
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ra_88 View Post
I got the call a few months ago but they insisted they kept the warranty card for 1 year. I declined their kind offer on that basis. Reason? Because I admit I was going to sell it at a profit.
i hope they drop your name.....
gsteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 March 2018, 04:18 PM   #53
SeaDweller50
"TRF" Member

Watch: 14060M 2 liner
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsteve View Post
i hope they drop your name.....

I really don’t care what you hope. I’ve always lost money during my flipping years so I thought it’d be an only opportunity to claw some money back. But, I’m kinda glad they are doing this if I’m honest, and told them so.

SeaDweller50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 March 2018, 05:27 PM   #54
misterbass
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ra_88 View Post
I really don’t care what you hope. I’ve always lost money during my flipping years so I thought it’d be an only opportunity to claw some money back. But, I’m kinda glad they are doing this if I’m honest, and told them so.

Fair play to you for being up front....
misterbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 July 2018, 11:45 AM   #55
Davediggler
"TRF" Member

Watch: DSSD & Sinn U1
Bloody Nightmare finding one. Wanting for professional use (Decompression Chambers), Impossible to find one at retail
AD's are super vague throughout Australasia as to when they can supply. Just had one AD offer to put me on an up to 3 year waiting list.
Davediggler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 November 2018, 05:35 AM   #56
yassin7
"TRF" Member

Watch: Milgauss NON GV
The AD here where I live offered me the seadweller for 12400$ including taxes
Shall I?
yassin7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 November 2018, 07:34 AM   #57
Wiener48
Banned

The watch is worth to wait, my daily watch, really love it.

And, interesting, at the moment Rolex is delievering MKI and MKII, so both watches are possible when you get one
Wiener48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 November 2018, 08:10 AM   #58
brucethemanlee
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaky View Post
The whole situation may change after Basel when the next must have piece comes out and people switch lists !!

Well the SD43 came out in 2017 Basel. Did 2018 Basel lower see demand for SD43?

Hot items will remain hot items. Irrespective of Basel 2019, one can say with absolute certainly Daytona SS, BLRO SS, and SkyD blue will be extremely difficult to get

brucethemanlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 November 2018, 09:16 AM   #59
SS Oyster
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaDweller50 View Post
I got the call a few months ago but they insisted they kept the warranty card for 1 year. I declined their kind offer on that basis. Reason? Because I admit I was going to sell it at a profit.
I am certain that ADs keep the warranty cards when they sell to grey dealers ..... NOT
SS Oyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 December 2018, 06:57 AM   #60
Jay knowles
"TRF" Member

Good evening, got the call this Saturday mine has arrived going on Tuesday to pick up from AD. Already have a deepsea JC, hope I’m gonna like this one, jay
Jay knowles is offline   Reply With Quote