The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Patek Philippe Discussion Forum

Old 28 January 2018, 12:02 PM   #31
rjd1
"TRF" Member

Watch: Can't pick just 1
No brainer - buy it.
Have owned mine for a couple years now - in pics the dial can look a little busy but in person the depth and detail combined with all the usual Nautilus line features makes it an amazing choice - having also owned 5711 SS, 5711 RG, 5712. Of all the watches I’ve owned, this is one that’s a keeper.
rjd1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28 January 2018, 12:14 PM   #32
mps354
2024 Pledge Member

I tried one on at my AD a short while back and was impressed. I'd jump on it
mps354 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 April 2018, 08:42 PM   #33
benjai
"TRF" Member

Hello, I've stumbled on the opportunity to get one as well, potentially at a tax free price. I tired it on a while back and was very impressed.

I'm a bit of a newbie with watches, and this would be my first 'proper' watch. However, nearly £40k is pretty steep for a watch to keep...if I wore it (carefully!) for a while, how easy would I be able to sell it, how could I do it and roughly how much could I expect to get?
benjai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 April 2018, 11:09 PM   #34
AK797
Banned

Watch: ing ships roll in
Quote:
Originally Posted by benjai View Post
Hello, I've stumbled on the opportunity to get one as well, potentially at a tax free price. I tired it on a while back and was very impressed.

I'm a bit of a newbie with watches, and this would be my first 'proper' watch. However, nearly £40k is pretty steep for a watch to keep...if I wore it (carefully!) for a while, how easy would I be able to sell it, how could I do it and roughly how much could I expect to get?
Get a buy quote from Watchfinder for a 1 year old, pretty sure this is easy to sell.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 April 2018, 05:24 AM   #35
Viscount1961
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 16750 ExpII
Beautiful watch but I will never be a fan of the pushers on the crown side of a nautilus case.
Viscount1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 April 2018, 05:42 AM   #36
goog53
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex-Patek-AP
Quote:

Do not buy it just because the price is good. If it isnt a piece you are dying to have at that price, eventhough cheap I would pass.

"The best watch in the world is the one that's on your wrist." Morgan King

"Do you like having a good time? Then you need a good watch!" Rocky Balboa
goog53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 April 2018, 07:38 AM   #37
ggencer
"TRF" Member

I have 5711/1p, 5980/1r, 5990/1a, 5164a, 6102p, 5370p, 5131r, 5524g in my collection. When they ask me if I have to give away all my collection but I am allowed to keep one piece for my self to use I would pick 5990...
ggencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 April 2018, 10:21 AM   #38
rjd1
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viscount1961 View Post
Beautiful watch but I will never be a fan of the pushers on the crown side of a nautilus case.
Am I missing something? Pushers are on the left side of watch. Crown is on the right. Have owned this watch for two years and haven’t pressed a time zone pusher by mistake yet. Honestly don’t understand this comment- am I missing something?
Old 4 April 2018, 12:03 PM   #39
AK797
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjd1 View Post
Am I missing something? Pushers are on the left side of watch. Crown is on the right. Have owned this watch for two years and haven’t pressed a time zone pusher by mistake yet. Honestly don’t understand this comment- am I missing something?
Think he's talking about the chrono pushers. A lot of "purists" didn't like them on the 5980 either.
Old 4 April 2018, 11:02 PM   #40
benjai
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK797 View Post
Get a buy quote from Watchfinder for a 1 year old, pretty sure this is easy to sell.
They came back this morning saying they weren't prepared to buy one of those... :( Will probably pop into a few stores in mayfair tomorrow lunch and ask around as I work there. Still umming and ahhing as its a lot of cash to stump out....
Old 4 April 2018, 11:05 PM   #41
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
They came back this morning saying they weren't prepared to buy one of those... :( Will probably pop into a few stores in mayfair tomorrow lunch and ask around as I work there. Still umming and ahhing as its a lot of cash to stump out....
thats weird because they dont even have one in stock currently, and when they do get one it sells pretty quickly.
current collection: Patek 5164A, Patek 5524G, Rolex Platinum Daytona 116506, Rolex Sea Dweller 43 126600, Rolex GMT II 116710LN, AP 15400ST (silver), Panerai 913, Omega Speedmaster moonwatch, Tudor Black Bay (Harrods Edition)
tyler1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 April 2018, 12:15 AM   #42
AK797
Banned

Quote:
Never heard that before. They are in the volume/turnover business and thought this was a sort after model... not a good sign. Try Blowers, WatchCentre and Watchclub, see whats going on here.
Old 5 April 2018, 12:19 AM   #43
RussW
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5990
Quote:
Never heard that before. They are in the volume/turnover business and thought this was a sort after model... not a good sign. Try Blowers, WatchCentre and Watchclub, see whats going on here.
That is strange. Maybe they’ve generally got too much stock at the moment.
RussW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 April 2018, 12:20 AM   #44
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
everyone else is selling over retail and WF was above them all the last one they had. I think WF is getting wise to the finding the buy price emails. Wonder if he attached pics of the watch (stock photo or otherwise) to the quote request. I have heard them doing similar stuff if they think someone doesn't have the watch to begin with.
current collection: Patek 5164A, Patek 5524G, Rolex Platinum Daytona 116506, Rolex Sea Dweller 43 126600, Rolex GMT II 116710LN, AP 15400ST (silver), Panerai 913, Omega Speedmaster moonwatch, Tudor Black Bay (Harrods Edition)
Old 5 April 2018, 12:21 AM   #45
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussW View Post
That is strange. Maybe they’ve generally got too much stock at the moment.
in general i agree. Their offers generally have gotten lower and not because the market is cooling off, but because of the sheer amount of inventory they have at the moment.

They are even selling Explorer II's over retail so there is no logical explanation why they wouldn't want a watch that isnt sitting in every central London AD's window currently like the Explorer is
Old 5 April 2018, 12:57 AM   #46
benjai
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Thanks! I will try them out.

Is it possible to sell these watches direct? Eg there is a classified section in this forum but I'm already quite scared selling cheap gadgets on gumtree let alone a £40k watch!
Old 5 April 2018, 10:03 AM   #47
rjd1
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Think he's talking about the chrono pushers. A lot of "purists" didn't like them on the 5980 either.
Ah got it - thx - thought we were still talking about the time pusher/mistaken push issue....