The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Patek Philippe Discussion Forum

Old 9 April 2018, 11:28 AM   #31
rmlovett1
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: YTBD
Quote:
Originally Posted by codecow View Post
I also have the 5146J slate, I want the DD40 YG I feel they’re quite complimentary.
Yeah, I’d love to see them side by side.
rmlovett1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 April 2018, 01:45 PM   #32
gaeleus
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richris1 View Post
And how is the size compared to your DD40?
Sorry for delay in response. The size of the DD40 def wears larger. The size of the 5146 is a 39mm that wears a little bigger than the size would suggest. I actually love the way it fits my wrist better than any other watch. They actually got the size right here. I do believe that any bigger would def look off on a watch of this style. I really do believe that both watches compliment the collection nicely and fit different categories. The only thing they have in common, is the precious metal. Hope this helps. I would love to post pictures but still don't know how to.... you can look at my instagram page to see them
gaeleus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 April 2018, 08:05 PM   #33
rmlovett1

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaeleus View Post
Sorry for delay in response. The size of the DD40 def wears larger. The size of the 5146 is a 39mm that wears a little bigger than the size would suggest. I actually love the way it fits my wrist better than any other watch. They actually got the size right here. I do believe that any bigger would def look off on a watch of this style. I really do believe that both watches compliment the collection nicely and fit different categories. The only thing they have in common, is the precious metal. Hope this helps. I would love to post pictures but still don't know how to.... you can look at my instagram page to see them
Appreciate that!
Old 10 April 2018, 08:26 PM   #34
Pangit
"TRF" Member

I picked up a 5146R a couple of months ago but I spent nearly a year looking at options before I bought. I was going back and forth between the 5146, 5205 and 5396. Ultimately, I found the 5205 to be a bit thick on my wrist for my taste, and I preferred the sub-dials rather than windows so chose the 5146. For me, it is a great fit and wears perhaps a little bit smaller than my Explorer. I mainly wear it with a business suit but I have worn it with shorts and a polo shirt and it didn’t feel out of place.

These models were all readily available in the ADs I visited so I suggest you try them on before making any decisions.
Pangit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 April 2018, 08:45 PM   #35
rmlovett1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pangit View Post
I picked up a 5146R a couple of months ago but I spent nearly a year looking at options before I bought. I was going back and forth between the 5146, 5205 and 5396. Ultimately, I found the 5205 to be a bit thick on my wrist for my taste, and I preferred the sub-dials rather than windows so chose the 5146. For me, it is a great fit and wears perhaps a little bit smaller than my Explorer. I mainly wear it with a business suit but I have worn it with shorts and a polo shirt and it didn’t feel out of place.

These models were all readily available in the ADs I visited so I suggest you try them on before making any decisions.
Thank you! That’s helpful. Unfortunately there nowhere near me to see any models. That’s why I’m trying to gather as much information as I can, especially about size. Trying to find something that’s no smaller than a Daytona
Old 10 April 2018, 09:03 PM   #36
Pangit
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Thank you! That’s helpful. Unfortunately there nowhere near me to see any models. That’s why I’m trying to gather as much information as I can, especially about size. Trying to find something that’s no smaller than a Daytona
I think the 5205 may be what you are looking for. At 40mm and a bit chunkier it could be the one for you. Good luck with the search
Pangit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 April 2018, 09:17 PM   #37
rmlovett1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pangit View Post
I think the 5205 may be what you are looking for. At 40mm and a bit chunkier it could be the one for you. Good luck with the search
Really appreciated, thank you!
Old 11 April 2018, 03:38 AM   #38
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
Rich as you seem to be favouring the post-modern, eclectic 5205 I just thought I'd mention this wonderful and in a similar vein for me, AC from FP Journe. We had an incoming recently and it went down a storm.

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthre...cta+calendrier

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lben75SaVLU
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 April 2018, 03:49 AM   #39
rmlovett1

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK797 View Post
Rich as you seem to be favouring the post-modern, eclectic 5205 I just thought I'd mention this wonderful and in a similar vein for me, AC from FP Journe. We had an incoming recently and it went down a storm.

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthre...cta+calendrier

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lben75SaVLU
Thank you Neil. That’s a beautiful watch!
Old 11 April 2018, 04:00 AM   #40
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
Quote:
Thank you Neil. That’s a beautiful watch!
It really is, as you can read it took my breath away for more than a few days.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 April 2018, 10:01 AM   #41
justdate
"TRF" Member

Watch: PP/AP/Rolex
I don’t think it lends itself that well to casual dress myself, better for someone who uses mostly shirts, but it’s a lovely and very classy watch which is sure to be enjoyed.

I have a much loved 5205R which just about works with casual clothes due to its extra size, it still is most at home with more formal clothes, but you can use it with most things. It’s a wonderful watch. I am a huge fan of the black and rose gold and think the new blue and white gold is also going to be superb.
justdate is offline   Reply With Quote