The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 17 April 2018, 06:36 AM   #841
bing240sx
"TRF" Member

i am not an APH holder anyhow. though had i been sitting on lots of cash i would have re-entered last week under $9.50 cdn.

instead i put the few grand i had left in my trading accounts and averaged down on VRT, EMC and TGIF and am up 30% on each since then.
bing240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 April 2018, 08:02 PM   #842
Gaijin
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: ing your back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bing240sx View Post
nice news from APH Q3 report this morning. 100% increasein sales, $0.08 EPS. on the call Vic said they will release their retail brands this week.

Maricann also had a big license come through today and a big acquisition late last week.

Canopy announced a doubling of their overall capacity with a license last week and acquired 100% of a small European distributor.

Hopefully this will be a nice steady green week to get us on our way back to where we were.
I’m holding a bag of Maricann so this was great news.
Gaijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 April 2018, 11:57 PM   #843
Mosco
"TRF" Member

Watch: I like to...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaijin View Post
I’m holding a bag of Maricann so this was great news.
is it a dimebag or more like an eighth?

“A man who procrastinates in his choosing will inevitably have his choice made for him by circumstance.” - Hunter S. Thompson
Mosco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 April 2018, 01:32 AM   #844
Gaijin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosco View Post
is it a dimebag or more like an eighth?
Old 18 April 2018, 07:52 AM   #845
BNA/LION

Watch: ROLEX
Weed Week is this week on CNBC - Fast Money

Some CEO's from top Cannabis Companies being interviewed. Their comments may make some movement in various stocks.

✦ 28238 President DD 18K/YG ✦ 16610LN SS Sub ✦ 16613 18K/SS Serti ✦ 16550 Exp II Non-Rail Cream Dial ✦ Daytona C 116500 ✦ 126710 BLRO GMT-Master II ✦ NEXT-->?
Hole In One! 10/3/19 DMCC 5th hole, par 3, 168 yards w/ 4-Iron.
BNA/LION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 April 2018, 08:28 AM   #846
Baco Noir
"TRF" Member

Watch: this ya'll
Quote:
Originally Posted by BNA/LION View Post

Some CEO's from top Cannabis Companies being interviewed. Their comments may make some movement in various stocks.
Haven't seen the interviews today, but I'm down 3 to 6 % today.
Current Collection: Rolex 116710BLNR & 216570 polar Explorer II; Omega Apollo 8 Speedmaster; Tudor BB Bronze Bucherer Blue Edition; Heuer Heritage Autavia; Nomos Club Sport Neomatik 42; Breitling Aerospace, Avenger Blackbird, & Superocean 44; Seiko Black Monster; Mickey Mouse Timex Electric; and dare I say it...an Apple Watch too
Baco Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 April 2018, 12:47 PM   #847
SMD
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/PP
Scotts buying sunlight supply is a big deal for the US industry.
SMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 April 2018, 01:11 PM   #848
Gaijin

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNA/LION View Post

Just watched it. Very nice. Perfect talking points.

Big pharma and the alcohol industry are ing themselves. They and their lobbying money are the last biggest desperate last minute Hail Mary impediment to full legalization.

Even old school “refer madness” hangers on are reluctantly getting on board.
Old 19 April 2018, 05:27 AM   #849
bing240sx
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaijin View Post

Big pharma and the alcohol industry are ing themselves.
i cant wait until these guys get into the game. they will spend big $$$ acquiring all the mid-tier players who are not quite as heavily valued as WEED and the like.

hopefully they start making moves in 2018.

i'm actually surprised none of them have set up shell-companies to either hold stakes indirectly or to outright enter the space at arms-length.
Old 19 April 2018, 07:25 AM   #850
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Omega
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMD View Post
Scotts buying sunlight supply is a big deal for the US industry.
I have owned Scotts for over a year. Down 15%.

I would really love to see them make something happen here.

IG: gsmotorclub
IG: thesawcollection

(Both mostly just car stuff)
superdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 April 2018, 09:42 AM   #851
SMD
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/PP
Quote:
Originally Posted by superdog View Post
I have owned Scotts for over a year. Down 15%.

I would really love to see them make something happen here.
Hard for them to move the needle. At 600 million Hawthorne is a drop in the bucket. But they are best positioned in the US to take advantage of the hydro market. Lighting, nutrients, soil. They were interested in Canadian growers but the pricing is wacka doodle so they are taking a breather on growing. But margins are much better in the ancillary business rather than wholesale growing. And personally, I really like Jim Heggedorn. He saw this coming a mile away. But hard to turn the titanic on a dime.
SMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 April 2018, 09:57 AM   #852
Gaijin

Aurora CEO on CNBC Fast Money today. I’ll try and find a link.

https://mobile.twitter.com/CNBCFastM...968774/video/1

“Weed Week” all week on CNBC Fast Money.
Old 20 April 2018, 12:19 AM   #853
bing240sx
"TRF" Member

HIKU acquires WeedMD... man i have both on watch lists and they have both been an attractive entry these past few weeks but alas, i am not holding either one.

60% premium weedmd just went for. all stock though.
Old 20 April 2018, 03:39 AM   #854
mcorliss
"TRF" Member

Philip Morris is getting smoked (pun intended!) today as e-cig/vaping device makers, especially Juule, are the hot new thing amongst millennials. Only a matter of time until tobacco companies start snatching up cannabis cos to revive growth. Failure to act soon will be their undoing in the long run...same thing for alcohol companies. Suspect if June 7th vote is positive, M&A activity may pick up in a major way.
mcorliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 2018, 11:13 AM   #855
bing240sx
"TRF" Member

surprised that there wasnt any specific mention of entering cannabis industry in the PM Q report.
Old 20 April 2018, 12:05 PM   #856
mcorliss
"TRF" Member

Icon20 Chuck Schumer pushing Marijuana Legalization Bill

Quote:
surprised that there wasnt any specific mention of entering cannabis industry in the PM Q report.
They aren’t going to publicize any of their moves prior to legalization. Once legalization occurs, they will start opening up their wallets. Tobacco cos and alcohol cos have been plotting their cannabis strategy for years.

On an unrelated topic, this is the biggest news for the industry yet, particularly for MPX, Liberty, and other U.S. focused publicly-traded Canadian-listed cos.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/tomange.../#6b7dd1146051
mcorliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 2018, 02:26 PM   #857
Gaijin

US Senator Charles Schumer the Senate minority leader introducing bipartisan legislation to deschedule and federally legalize cannibas.

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2018/04/19/p...ana/index.html
Old 21 April 2018, 08:13 AM   #858
bing240sx
"TRF" Member

yes, imho this is a response to Trump's comments last week that is will not get in the way of state's rights on marijuana policy.

now that trump has taken his first step the dems need to try and take ownership of what is likely one of the only actual issues that is positive to campaign on. It's good for the stocks in general. it will keep the issue in the news and Trump still has plenty of time to let the issue become so popular that it will negate any initial opposition from some of the conservative base.

the issue will create its own momentum in other words.
Old 21 April 2018, 08:51 AM   #859
cornerstore
"TRF" Member

Big Tobacco will likely get into the Pot business. They will just turn over a new leaf,they are better positioned with lines of distribution,have growers, labs , all the pieces. Since the feds seem to be signing off and as they have a much bigger entrenched lobby getting licensing and market share would seem to be no problem. Why they would buy and existing cannabis company makes little sense. Big Booze they will be the players looking for expertise and brand exploitation opportunities. Deals have already happened so likely more co branding will take place.
cornerstore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 April 2018, 10:04 AM   #860
bing240sx
"TRF" Member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYs2RLx8Cho

great interview with top dude at Hydro.

makes me want to re-up on these boys.
Old 21 April 2018, 02:51 PM   #861
Gaijin

Great interview with the CEO of Maricann (MARI) Ben Ward. They are rolling hard forward. Expanding, building, and acquiring.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Zwrldc6ZMZg
Old 21 April 2018, 02:56 PM   #862
Laszlo

Watch: Date & No Date
Quote:
Originally Posted by cornerstore View Post
Big Tobacco will likely get into the Pot business. They will just turn over a new leaf,they are better positioned with lines of distribution,have growers, labs , all the pieces. Since the feds seem to be signing off and as they have a much bigger entrenched lobby getting licensing and market share would seem to be no problem. Why they would buy and existing cannabis company makes little sense. Big Booze they will be the players looking for expertise and brand exploitation opportunities. Deals have already happened so likely more co branding will take place.
If, and when, the big tobacco companies begin to grow and distribute wouldn't that add a lot of downward pressure on prices? Isn't this the last thing you'd want if you're an early investor in cottage industry stocks?

Paul Henreid as Victor Laszlo in Casablanca
Laszlo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21 April 2018, 03:36 PM   #863
Gaijin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laszlo View Post
If, and when, the big tobacco companies begin to grow and distribute wouldn't that add a lot of downward pressure on prices? Isn't this the last thing you'd want if you're an early investor in cottage industry stocks?
Possibly. They may acquire some companies to get started and catch up so this could be good for investors. I wish that they would stay out of it but I believe it’s inevitable. Alcohol, tobacco and big pharma may all be in the market for companies.

The only ones aced out over legalization will be the private prison industry.
Old 21 April 2018, 09:05 PM   #864
1st amg

Watch: Rolex,AP,Panerai
Quote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYs2RLx8Cho

great interview with top dude at Hydro.

makes me want to re-up on these boys.
Wow, first thing he says is they are moving onto the big boys exchange...moving to the TSE in May !!!
1st amg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 April 2018, 02:00 AM   #865
cornerstore
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laszlo View Post
Yes on product price pressure. If the fed is reallly backing off I'd say it is likely doing so so as to allow big Tobacco to get into the market. Can't recall if banking and cross state transportation are still restricted by federal law. The proposed changes (links) pave the way for Multi National players to move in.

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2018/04/19/p...ana/index.html

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/lawma...ry?id=54608899
Old 22 April 2018, 04:07 AM   #866
GED
"TRF" Member

Watch: d-d40wg
Regarding prices, this article is about what's happening to prices in a legal recreational pot market-Oregon, specifically Portland: prices are dropping at
a precipitous rate. Reason:the supply-with so many growers jumping into the market-is outpacing the demand-even in Portland: a gram of the stuff is now cheaper than a class of wine in PDX :

http://www.wweek.com/news/2018/04/18...-unwanted-bud/
Old 22 April 2018, 04:42 AM   #867
cornerstore
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GED View Post
Regarding prices, this article is about what's happening to prices in a legal recreational pot market-Oregon, specifically Portland: prices are dropping at
a precipitous rate. Reason:the supply-with so many growers jumping into the market-is outpacing the demand-even in Portland: a gram of the stuff is now cheaper than a class of wine in PDX :

http://www.wweek.com/news/2018/04/18...-unwanted-bud/
Good stats in that article that could apply to Canada as well. A British Columbia news station did a survey recently: of non pot smokers surveyed 25% said they might try when leagalized 75% said no. Virtually everyone I know who currently doesn’t smoke pot say they will not after legalization. Various reasons cited, hate smoke, did that been there,occupational considerations. I just don’t see a huge new market of new consumers for smokable product as many do. Offset that by infinite supply and it’s not really a good business model selling the green. Cannabis based medical products manufactured to high standards, edibles, and other by products will be the profit drivers in my opinion.
Old 22 April 2018, 05:27 AM   #868
GED
"TRF" Member

Watch: d-d40wg
Quote:
Originally Posted by cornerstore View Post
Good stats in that article that could apply to Canada as well. A British Columbia news station did a survey recently: of non pot smokers surveyed 25% said they might try when leagalized 75% said no. Virtually everyone I know who currently doesn’t smoke pot say they will not after legalization. Various reasons cited, hate smoke, did that been there,occupational considerations. I just don’t see a huge new market of new consumers for smokable product as many do. Offset that by infinite supply and it’s not really a good business model selling the green. Cannabis based medical products manufactured to high standards, edibles, and other by products will be the profit drivers in my opinion.
I don't smoke pot because it's the absolute worse thing to do for mindfulness practice(I started regularly practicing again, after a long pause, about five years ago).

One big downside to recreational pot legalization is that it will make it more easily available, like alcohol, to middle and high school kids. So then we'll be adding this to their already rampant smart phone/computer game addiction-what a toxic mix!
Old 22 April 2018, 07:23 AM   #869
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GED View Post
I don't smoke pot because it's the absolute worse thing to do for mindfulness practice(I started regularly practicing again, after a long pause, about five years ago).

One big downside to recreational pot legalization is that it will make it more easily available, like alcohol, to middle and high school kids. So then we'll be adding this to their already rampant smart phone/computer game addiction-what a toxic mix!
The yoga community likely has a higher rate of pot smokers than any other single community.

Old 22 April 2018, 07:28 AM   #870
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

What I’ve learned in general, pot stocks, and most any other is that the vast majority of experts are absolutely full of shit.

Everyone has a theory and they think they are right. But it’s all BS. News, tweets, speculation, votes, shady financials, job reports, housing reports etc all drive the markets.

Tons of companies worth billions haven’t made a dime. It’s all stupid.

And absolutely no one knows what’s going to happen, until it does. Unless of course they are trading on insider information which also drives the markets.

Based on historic data, I’ll keep my loot in the markets expecting it to grow. But the more I watch, the more I think the “experts”, both on tv and in their homes, are idiots.