The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!! > eBay & Internet Sales WatchOut

Old 31 July 2018, 05:48 AM   #1
DaytonaSubmariner
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Daytona
Question regarding refunding shipping costs to seller of fake Tudor

All,
I had the unpleasant experience of purchasing a fake Tudor off eBay. According to eBay policy, it is the sole responsibility of the seller to ensure they are accurately describing what is being sold. If it is not, then the buyer is protected.
I received the watch and basically immediately called the seller and told them that it was not real. I took it to a Rolex AD and they confirmed it was not real. The seller stated that they had the watch checked by "someone" before they put it up for sale and that it was genuine.
I asked for a refund and they agreed.
I have received a full refund.

Here's where it gets tricky. I paid $3550 for the watch. I did not want it sent via regular mail with no insurance. I said I would pay for the shipping. I did not pay for the shipping at all, the seller did.
Here's my dilemma. They want me to pay the $72.50 that it cost them to pay for the insured shipping.
I had no problem paying that amount to ship it, when I thought it was a genuine watch. It turned out to be fake. So, because I was dupped into buying a fake watch, it's going to cost ME $72.50 out of my pocket because they feel they shouldn't have to pay that when I said I would.
Again, I would have gladly paid the money, IF it were a real watch.

For me, this is about principle. You sold me a fake watch. Then everything after that should fall on you, not me.

Thoughts?

Oh, she also said that the watch is sold again. I asked if she told the new buyer that it was fake.
DaytonaSubmariner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 July 2018, 06:01 AM   #2
CorradoBrit
"TRF" Member

Tell them to go pound sand. Or just don't respond. Since you have received your refund through the Ebay buyer protection scheme the case is now closed.

If you want to contact seller just say on further reflection you feel they should bare the brunt of any costs incurred for returning the fake. You bought it in good faith and were duped.
CorradoBrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 July 2018, 06:11 AM   #3
DaytonaSubmariner
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorradoBrit View Post
Tell them to go pound sand. Or just don't respond. Since you have received your refund through the Ebay buyer protection scheme the case is now closed.

If you want to contact seller just say on further reflection you feel they should bare the brunt of any costs incurred for returning the fake. You bought it in good faith and were duped.
That's basically what I was going to say.

The seller actually did refund my money directly. EBay didn't have to get involved.

If they push it, I could ask for a cost to ship something for $15 (basically the cost of a fake watch LOL!)

I'm more than likely going to ignore them.
Old 31 July 2018, 06:18 AM   #4
City74
Banned

Watch: Speedy Reduced
Yea, selling a fake changes it all. You shouldn’t have to pay anything to return it.
City74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 July 2018, 06:22 AM   #5
DoDe
"TRF" Member

Just returned a Rolex Explorer which was not as described. I got a refund. But eBay «closed the case», for reasons unknown, before the seller (scammer) had refunded the return shipping costs (200 pounds). Never ever eBay again.
DoDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 July 2018, 06:42 AM   #6
roach7
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16610lv
who's the seller so we can put on the DO-NOT-BUY seller list?
roach7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 July 2018, 07:14 AM   #7
DoDe
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach7 View Post
who's the seller so we can put on the DO-NOT-BUY seller list?
In my case it was seller 30000276 on eBay.
DoDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 July 2018, 08:30 AM   #8
tudorbaja27
"TRF" Member

Watch: Tudor & Cartier
Ignore. He sold you a fake watch.
Old 31 July 2018, 08:50 AM   #9
Bxtek
"TRF" Member

No way. I wouldn't pay anything! It was all the seller's fault and wrong doing with NO fault on your part. You're already out on the time you spent to have it verified by RSC, and out on the hassle of shipping it back, plus the money out of your pocket for however long it took to do all this. You shouldn't be out an additional $72.50. If anything, the seller should actually give YOU something for your time. Take that $72.50 and take a friend to lunch or something. That seller sure has a lot of nerve imo, trying to ask you to pay the shipping!
Bxtek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 July 2018, 10:08 AM   #10
DaytonaSubmariner
"TRF" Member

For me, it was forever collectibles 2013 (no spaces).

What does disturb me is that she said it was already sold prior to me sending it back. Not good at all.
Old 31 July 2018, 12:10 PM   #11
offrdmania
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Let them know that they can either leave it be or they can have the shipping back along with a call to their local police department and a report of selling fake goods. Which would they prefer?
Old 31 July 2018, 11:58 PM   #12
DaytonaSubmariner
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by offrdmania View Post
Let them know that they can either leave it be or they can have the shipping back along with a call to their local police department and a report of selling fake goods. Which would they prefer?
I had alluded to that prior to me getting my refund. I told them that they broke several laws selling fake goods. I also stated that I would notify Rolex/Tudor to let them know that they were selling fake watches as well.

Lastly, I told her to send it in to Rolex to get service done on it. She'll never see it again as they seize fake watches.