The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 12 July 2018, 08:34 AM   #4471
watchucallit
"TRF" Member

I have a relationship with the AP boutique and they run the RM boutique but they still wont ask for my deposit because not high enough in line i guess
watchucallit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 July 2018, 01:09 PM   #4472
goog53
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex-Patek-AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by watchucallit View Post
I have a relationship with the AP boutique and they run the RM boutique but they still wont ask for my deposit because not high enough in line i guess
Mark... Unfortunately You have to buy a lot of the junk to get an 11-03. Are you considering the NTPT? Personally I wouldnt entertain the TI or RG although beautiful they are big and thick so a scratch which is inevitable is going to drive You crazy!!!

"The best watch in the world is the one that's on your wrist." Morgan King

"Do you like having a good time? Then you need a good watch!" Rocky Balboa
goog53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 July 2018, 01:26 PM   #4473
watchucallit
"TRF" Member

I like the NTPT but not enough to buy it. I have learned to live with a few scratches here and there. The only other piece I was thinking about is the AP CONCEPT GMT. The new model is nice but I was told they are already sold out
Old 12 July 2018, 05:56 PM   #4474
burakusta
"TRF" Member

Watch: Audemars piguet
Quote:
Originally Posted by goog53 View Post
Mark... Unfortunately You have to buy a lot of the junk to get an 11-03. Are you considering the NTPT? Personally I wouldnt entertain the TI or RG although beautiful they are big and thick so a scratch which is inevitable is going to drive You crazy!!!
You have to buy a lot of junk ? What are those ?
burakusta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 July 2018, 12:37 AM   #4475
jschmidtdmd
"TRF" Member

It seems at this point they aren't selling 11-03s to anyone that walks in off the street. As far as I know, you have to have a buying history and a relationship to be considered.

All of the names are submitted to RM for approval prior to sale of an 11-03.

For example- I was offered a Red Quartz 11-03 a few weeks ago. When I said I would take it, I got a call a few days later letting me know that because I had already purchased a TI, RG, and NTPT 11-03, I would not be allowed to buy the red if I wanted the blue.

Basically, I was told it's one or the other. That's when I bought the white bubba instead and I am glad I did!
Old 13 July 2018, 12:47 AM   #4476
edo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jschmidtdmd View Post
It seems at this point they aren't selling 11-03s to anyone that walks in off the street. As far as I know, you have to have a buying history and a relationship to be considered.

For example- I was offered a Red Quartz 11-03 a few weeks ago. When I said I would take it, I got a call a few days later letting me know that because I had already purchased a TI, RG, and NTPT 11-03, I would not be allowed to buy the red if I wanted the blue.

Basically, I was told it's one or the other. That's when I bought the white bubba instead and I am glad I did!
c'mon John, share pics of new arrivals... and RM Family photo :)
edo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13 July 2018, 01:01 AM   #4477
TopherMins
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP, RM
Quote:

I love my 3 RMs and if I could own 10 of them I would but am I the only person turned off by this? I just find it so disheartening that they make it so difficult to buy these watches now.
TopherMins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 July 2018, 01:41 AM   #4478
jschmidtdmd
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by edo View Post
c'mon John, share pics of new arrivals... and RM Family photo :)
I need to I know!

Soon ;)
Old 15 July 2018, 08:51 AM   #4479
burakusta
"TRF" Member

Watch: Audemars piguet
burakusta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 July 2018, 09:01 AM   #4480
watchucallit
"TRF" Member

Looks great.. I am jealous..
Old 26 July 2018, 05:16 AM   #4481
edo
"TRF" Member

Anybody have clear pic of this new Yohan Blake? This is not the original 59 but the 61-02... in quartz TPT similar to Wayde van Niekerk 67-02...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg wp_ss_20180725_0001 (2).jpg (208.5 KB, 790 views)
edo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26 July 2018, 03:32 PM   #4482
dddibakar
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Daytona
just wanted to share this picture from a brand for how shamelessly they are copying mb&f urwerk and richard mille designs. Its called AzimuthThailand, its on instagram.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
dddibakar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 August 2018, 11:43 AM   #4483
GreenLantern
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopherMins View Post
I love my 3 RMs and if I could own 10 of them I would but am I the only person turned off by this? I just find it so disheartening that they make it so difficult to buy these watches now.
I am as well

This type of practice actually makes me not want to add more RM to the collection. :( (A collection of Rolex, Patek, Lange, VC, and FP Journe, so you'd think RM would want a piece.)
GreenLantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 August 2018, 11:48 AM   #4484
GreenLantern
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Gonna be super hard man......probably have to throw a few deposits and wait
Why is it so hard to get an 11-03 considering I see them littered all over the grey market retailers.

What kind of crap is that? :)

Worse than Steel Daytonas!
Old 5 August 2018, 12:54 PM   #4485
jschmidtdmd
"TRF" Member

UH-OH........special incoming this week.

Patience was a virtue!
Old 5 August 2018, 12:56 PM   #4486
jschmidtdmd
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
Why is it so hard to get an 11-03 considering I see them littered all over the grey market retailers.

What kind of crap is that? :)

Worse than Steel Daytonas!
Because plenty of pieces are being back doored. On top of that other high end customers are being "awarded" 11-03s and would rather sell them and wear their tourbs. Simple as that.

The clientele of this brand is like no other......sucks being at the bottom.
Old 5 August 2018, 03:42 PM   #4487
GreenLantern
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Because plenty of pieces are being back doored. On top of that other high end customers are being "awarded" 11-03s and would rather sell them and wear their tourbs. Simple as that.

So how does RM attract new collectors?
Old 5 August 2018, 11:02 PM   #4488
jschmidtdmd
"TRF" Member

Quote:
So how does RM attract new collectors?
That’s the same question I’ve been asking for two years. Doesn’t seem like they need to.
Old 6 August 2018, 02:22 AM   #4489
watchucallit
"TRF" Member

Not very happy about this either. I am about to give up on them.. Do not like such practices. Guess should become tennis pro to get their attention

Quote:

Old 6 August 2018, 08:11 AM   #4490
GreenLantern
"TRF" Member

Quote:
That’s the same question I’ve been asking for two years. Doesn’t seem like they need to.
Quote:
Not very happy about this either. I am about to give up on them.. Do not like such practices. Guess should become tennis pro to get their attention
It's funny, because I was *just* about to start getting into collecting RM. Might as well stop before I even start.

This is very shortsighted, and they will regret it the next time there's a slowdown (there always will be -- it's cyclical).

I've heard they've been closing down AD accounts too, in favor of the meager number of RM-owned Boutiques. Again, very shortsighted. Doing this when things are good / strong is a bad idea as it's acting on the wrong signal.
Old 6 August 2018, 08:49 AM   #4491
watchucallit
"TRF" Member

I heard the same thing about the ADs being short supplied and even being closed out or down. But even a friend who works for a high end watch AD told me the sales associates are suffering from lack of stock of many highly desired models from Patek, Rolex and AP. I understand keeping supply and demand in check but when demand seems so much higher, I do not see how anyone wins except perhaps the Grey dealers.
Old 6 August 2018, 08:53 AM   #4492
GreenLantern
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I heard the same thing about the ADs being short supplied and even being closed out or down. But even a friend who works for a high end watch AD told me the sales associates are suffering from lack of stock of many highly desired models from Patek, Rolex and AP. I understand keeping supply and demand in check but when demand seems so much higher, I do not see how anyone wins except perhaps the Grey dealers.
Agreed. So long as it's truly "so much higher" -- which it is in the case of the Steel Daytonas, some of the more common Pateks, etc.

AP has been closing AD accounts too. Patek and Rolex, thankfully, aren't as stupid. :) Patek and Rolex take really good care of their ADs.
Old 6 August 2018, 10:38 AM   #4493
Marciano490
"TRF" Member

Quote:
It's funny, because I was *just* about to start getting into collecting RM. Might as well stop before I even start.

This is very shortsighted, and they will regret it the next time there's a slowdown (there always will be -- it's cyclical).

I've heard they've been closing down AD accounts too, in favor of the meager number of RM-owned Boutiques. Again, very shortsighted. Doing this when things are good / strong is a bad idea as it's acting on the wrong signal.
I think the marker is saying otherwise. I agree it’s annoying, but for every person like you or me who walks away when they can’t get what they want, 5 other people stand in line begging when they’re told something is exclusive and scarce. See the Daytona, 5711s and 15202s.
Marciano490 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 August 2018, 10:45 AM   #4494
GreenLantern
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marciano490 View Post
I think the marker is saying otherwise. I agree it’s annoying, but for every person like you or me who walks away when they can’t get what they want, 5 other people stand in line begging when they’re told something is exclusive and scarce. See the Daytona, 5711s and 15202s.
And that's why I'm saying it's shortsighted for RM. It's shortsighted because they're painting themselves into a corner that'll be hard to get out of during the next cyclical downturn.

RM doesn't have the resources Patek or Rolex have. Also, it's not impossible to get a Daytona, 5711, 15202. But it appears to be close to impossible to get an RM 11-03.
Old 6 August 2018, 12:58 PM   #4495
jschmidtdmd
"TRF" Member

Quote:
And that's why I'm saying it's shortsighted for RM. It's shortsighted because they're painting themselves into a corner that'll be hard to get out of during the next cyclical downturn.

RM doesn't have the resources Patek or Rolex have. Also, it's not impossible to get a Daytona, 5711, 15202. But it appears to be close to impossible to get an RM 11-03.
I felt this way about 2 years ago- when this was just starting. (I sold most of my pieces at that time).

Boy was I wrong- lost a lot of money, and a lot of great watches I can’t get back today.

Now, I feel they are the best positioned of any brand, with the BEST marketing. I think they know exactly what corner the’re in, and I think they know their market is completely resistant to the economy or market. 5,000 pieces a year is a lot different than 50,000.

I have a lot of the resentment and same opinions posted above, but at this point it’s part of the brand and the game.
Old 6 August 2018, 01:20 PM   #4496
Marciano490
"TRF" Member

Quote:

I disagree. I imagine they have less overhead and higher margins than other brands. Also, downturns don’t affect the top .00001%. Any upper middle class dude with a good bonus can cop a Daytona or 5711. Milles are for the ultra wealthy. When bitcoin drops again or the market crashes, they’ll still have their millions.
Marciano490 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 August 2018, 01:28 PM   #4497
GreenLantern
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marciano490 View Post
I disagree. I imagine they have less overhead and higher margins than other brands. Also, downturns don’t affect the top .00001%. Any upper middle class dude with a good bonus can cop a Daytona or 5711. Milles are for the ultra wealthy. When bitcoin drops again or the market crashes, they’ll still have their millions.
Tell that to Ferrari and Lamborghini about the last downturn.

Also, if Mille was only for the ultra wealthy then they wouldn't produce $150k watches.
Old 6 August 2018, 01:29 PM   #4498
GreenLantern
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Now, I feel they are the best positioned of any brand, with the BEST marketing.
I keep hearing that. :) And I don't disagree.

But it's still very shortsighted from a business perspective.

That brand recognition won't mean much when your clients tighten up a bit because they lost a few billion in market value (equating to ~20 - 40% of their wealth).
Old 6 August 2018, 01:30 PM   #4499
jenniferjanef
"TRF" Member

Quote:

It’s not “impossible” to get the 11-03.. it’s just that RM are reserving or giving those who have bought multiple high end pieces (tourbilon) the exclusive chance to buy first. RM are looking after their customers very well. Take a look around the world.. every minute there are 100s of millionaire created somewhere around the world. Ppl are getting richer. Rich ppl like to get those “hard to get” stuffs. They will buy high end pieces to start. Ie RM wants their customer to start from the TOP then to the bottom rather than the common trend like PP starting from the bottom slowly moving up. RM is for billionaires/multi millionaires only. All the RM owners I know, they own more than 2 pieces of RM.
jenniferjanef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 August 2018, 01:35 PM   #4500
jenniferjanef
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Tell that to Ferrari and Lamborghini about the last downturn.

Also, if Mille was only for the ultra wealthy then they wouldn't produce $150k watches.
RM don’t want to sell $150k watches.. they want to sell $500k+ watches .. the $150k watches are reserved as a bonus/rewards for their customers who bought their $500k+ watches.
jenniferjanef is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
011 , 011-03 , 035 , 035-02 , richard mille