The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 30 January 2019, 12:01 PM   #1
YnotWatch
"TRF" Member

Tudor Prince Sub Servicing

I have a 1996 Tudor 75090 with tritium, plexiglass, Rolex markings, etc. It stopped running, so I sent it to RSC for service via my local AD.

RSC has now come back with the estimate. In addition to the Tudor service, they want to replace plexi with sapphire, replace the hands (which will not match the original face), replace the crown (presumably losing the Rolex crown with a Tudor one), and optionally replace the face with a modern face.

I really don’t want to make all of these replacements. I just want the original watch to work even if water resistance is compromised. The AD is being a bit cagey, but are all of these replacements mandatory? Or can I insist that RSC just get the watch running again without any “modern” replacements?

Thanks for any guidance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
YnotWatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 January 2019, 12:25 PM   #2
Seibei
Banned

Watch: 114060
You are the customer so what they do is up to you. If they are not able to meet your requirements I expect they will send it back to you and you can then arrange for someone else to service your watch. Just make your requirements crystal clear.
Seibei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 January 2019, 12:36 PM   #3
HogwldFLTR
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: What's on my wrist
Quote:
Originally Posted by YnotWatch View Post
I have a 1996 Tudor 75090 with tritium, plexiglass, Rolex markings, etc. It stopped running, so I sent it to RSC for service via my local AD.

RSC has now come back with the estimate. In addition to the Tudor service, they want to replace plexi with sapphire, replace the hands (which will not match the original face), replace the crown (presumably losing the Rolex crown with a Tudor one), and optionally replace the face with a modern face.

I really don’t want to make all of these replacements. I just want the original watch to work even if water resistance is compromised. The AD is being a bit cagey, but are all of these replacements mandatory? Or can I insist that RSC just get the watch running again without any “modern” replacements?

Thanks for any guidance!

My experience with getting my wife's Tudor serviced at RSC wasn't good. There are plenty of other shops that can service the movement. Go somewhere else. It will cost much less.

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=808599
HogwldFLTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 January 2019, 01:52 PM   #4
CNDguy
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16234/Speedy
Quote:
Originally Posted by YnotWatch View Post
I are all of these replacements mandatory? Or can I insist that RSC just get the watch running again without any “modern” replacements?

It depends on what the quote or estimate says. Each change or fix they want to perform will either be optional or not. If they will only service the movement and leave everything else untouched then that will be communicated in the quote.
CNDguy is online now   Reply With Quote