The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 18 April 2019, 01:34 AM   #31
erhein
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex
It's an interesting thread. Sellers are admonished over and over to walk away if they get a bad feeling, or if they detect any red flags. Of course, in that case, the seller is going to go by his/her own subjective feelings. Here, apparently, there was a legit buyer but, for whatever reason (personally, I don't need to know), the seller became uncomfortable. He then had two choices: 1. Communicate his discomfort to the buyer. If you do this, though, not knowing the buyer personally, you have no idea how the buyer will react and it might be badly, or, 2. Just pull out of the deal. It's kind of a damned if you do; damned of you don't type of situation.

Glad this worked out okay.
erhein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 April 2019, 06:14 AM   #32
toxicavenger
"TRF" Member

Watch: Seiko's
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfnj View Post
I don’t think this should be deleted and could be turned into an instructional thread for legitimate buyers and sellers which seems to be the case here. Many of us have been on both sides of a transaction as buyer and seller and lived with that “feeling” once the money flows and the watch ships until the transaction is concluded with two happy parties. The seller here developed a “feeling” before he shipped that watch that sent red flags up in his mind and caused him to reconsider. The buyer played by all the rules but still the seller had that feeling in his gut which many of us have experienced before. Communication issues aside it would be helpful to know from the seller what those feelings were which gave him pause. This could potentially help other legitimate buyers and sellers in the future. Nonetheless, i am glad that the parties here have worked it out and hope the buyer finds the watch he is seeking! Best
The title is misleading. It says "beware". Maybe it should be re-titled. It seems most people (including on this forum) jump to conclusions just based on the title of a thread. Right now title is a black mark for the seller. It even comes up on google as a negative thread https://www.google.com/search?q=ckpe...hrome&ie=UTF-8

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77T View Post
IMHO, the thread should remain and the resolution is worth keeping.

Each transaction rests on its own merits and losing the memorialization by deleting the thread would dis-serve TRF members.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
toxicavenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 April 2019, 08:39 AM   #33
77T
2024 Pledge Member

ckpeters beware

I would be wary of dealing with this seller based upon the OP’s statement about accepting payment then subsequently cancelling sale.

This is not the behavior TRF members expect from trusted sellers here.

Further, that seller lurked on this thread and chose not to respond - so we are left to believe the OP’s version of the transaction.

Does anyone really know what time it is?
77T is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18 April 2019, 09:07 AM   #34
Knappo 1307
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Sea Dweller
Quote:
Originally Posted by 77T View Post
I would be wary of dealing with this seller based upon the OP’s statement about accepting payment then subsequently cancelling sale.

This is not the behavior TRF members expect from trusted sellers here.

Further, that seller lurked on this thread and chose not to respond - so we are left to believe the OP’s version of the transaction.

My guess is the seller got a wire deal for better money, and told the OP to look elsewhere. Not an upstanding way to do business. But we will never know how it really worked from the sellers standpoint. I know who I'm not doing business with....
Knappo 1307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 April 2019, 12:26 AM   #35
ExPADIdiver
"TRF" Member

UPDATE: All Is Well

Charles (Chuck) and I connected via text and email and worked things out. I will not make excuses for him, but I genuinely believe that even though it was a kneejerk reaction and the wrong choice, he did not do it with nefarious intent.

I also don't think he realized what a pain it is to get your money back from Paypal.

I stand by what I said in an earlier post about your making the call, however, Chuck overnighted the watch to me and I received it yesterday. He is allowing me a weekend inspection before paying on Monday.. The watch is in the exact condition as advertised.

I wish in retrospect, I could edit my earlier posts to further clarify. Chuck reestablished trust with me by allowing an inspection period with no charge. To me, that is a tremendous leap in trust and reestablishes my faith in doing business with him.

In closing, I am sure both he and I will have created some mistrust for future buyers. However, I would buy from him again. As stated earlier, we all make mistakes.

I did ask the mods to allow me to change the thread title to "My Experience with CKPETERS"

Hal

Last night at dinner with wife and her awesome Pinkflower dial Datejust I bought her in Maui on our 10th wedding anniversary. The only new Rolex I have ever purchased. LOL

ExPADIdiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 April 2019, 01:01 AM   #36
kareemthedream33
"TRF" Member

Watch: Explorer
Looks great. Glad to see a happy ending.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
kareemthedream33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 April 2019, 05:28 AM   #37
blufinz52
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116400GV 124060
As the saying goes, "all's well that ends well'. Great watch Hal, wear it in good health.
blufinz52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 April 2019, 10:56 PM   #38
ExPADIdiver
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blufinz52 View Post
As the saying goes, "all's well that ends well'. Great watch Hal, wear it in good health.
Thanks Mike. Good to see you.
Old 21 April 2019, 11:14 PM   #39
Urosfan
"TRF" Member

Watch: Me now
Glad everything went well
Urosfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 April 2019, 12:42 AM   #40
joli160
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Yachtmaster
You handled the whole situation with class
Old 12 May 2019, 10:35 AM   #41
ExPADIdiver
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joli160 View Post
You handled the whole situation with class
SO did Chuck. The watch is running and performing like a champ.