The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 18 May 2019, 11:01 AM   #1
jlm1519
"TRF" Member

Rolex AD email

Hi! New happy rolex owner here. Hope someone can help me. Just wondering if it is possible to email an AD to confirm if a watch really came from their store just for peace of mind.

I got my 116660 from a store who sells different luxury wqtches in japan and the warranty card says it came from the AD in marcolino portugal. I tried messaging them thru sms but have not gotten any reply.

They don't have any email posted in the rolex website. Would anyone happen to know how their email?

Thank you.
jlm1519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 May 2019, 11:06 AM   #2
Tha Baron
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlm1519 View Post
Hi! New happy rolex owner here. Hope someone can help me. Just wondering if it is possible to email an AD to confirm if a watch really came from their store just for peace of mind.

I got my 116660 from a store who sells different luxury wqtches in japan and the warranty card says it came from the AD in marcolino portugal. I tried messaging them thru sms but have not gotten any reply.

They don't have any email posted in the rolex website. Would anyone happen to know how their email?

Thank you.
Why don’t you look on the Rolex site for their contact details.

Lot of Rolex watches travel the globe and are from all over... I’ve owned several pieces from Portugal.
Tha Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 May 2019, 11:10 AM   #3
jlm1519
"TRF" Member

I did, messaged them 3 days ago but they did not reply. Thanks.
Old 18 May 2019, 11:16 AM   #4
Hub6152
Banned

You bought a grey market watch from Japan and want the original Portuguese AD to confirm it was from them? Somehow I doubt you’ll get a response. If you want an authenticity check then take it to RSC for that.
Hub6152 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 May 2019, 11:36 AM   #5
jrs146
"TRF" Member

Watch: Me Nae Nae
It’s possible. I’ve done it before. But it’s up to the store if they care to take the time and check their records.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 18 May 2019, 11:47 AM   #6
dardeca
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex, Patek
Quote:
Originally Posted by hub6152 View Post
you bought a grey market watch from japan and want the original portuguese ad to confirm it was from them? Somehow i doubt you’ll get a response. If you want an authenticity check then take it to rsc for that.
+1
dardeca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 May 2019, 11:58 AM   #7
Rrpdc
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
you bought a grey market watch from japan and want the original portuguese ad to confirm it was from them? Somehow i doubt you’ll get a response. If you want an authenticity check then take it to rsc for that.
+2.
Rrpdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 May 2019, 12:01 PM   #8
Daryl
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
+1

Official Member "Perpetual 30" Las Vegas International GTG 2016
Official Member "WIS-CON" Las Vegas International GTG 2017
Official Member "WIS-CON" Las Vegas International GTG 2019
Daryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 May 2019, 12:59 PM   #9
JePro
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16613 / 126600
Have it checked by a rolex certified watchmaker, that will give you your peace of mind.
JePro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 May 2019, 01:47 PM   #10
jlm1519
"TRF" Member

Well I guess I have no choice but to take it to our local rsc and wait two weeks to have it authenticated.

Thank you.
Old 18 May 2019, 02:01 PM   #11
praveen
"TRF" Member

Watch: OP 39 White
Quote:
Originally Posted by JePro View Post
Have it checked by a rolex certified watchmaker, that will give you your peace of mind.

+1 especially to avoid the RSC wait times
praveen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 May 2019, 04:31 PM   #12
Nairn1980
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT
Quote:
I did, messaged them 3 days ago but they did not reply. Thanks.
There isn’t a phone number?
Nairn1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 May 2019, 04:49 PM   #13
jlm1519
"TRF" Member

There is. I messaged them and in fact called them also. Voicemail only.i will try again later since it like 7:30 am there right now. It's my first time not to buy from the AD since we all know Rolex seems to not always have the models we liked, my wife was forced to buy from gray market as a gift for my birthday.

It's just seems that im looking for an easier way to verify the watch since I can't just imagine the watch being opened u and everything.....it was new with the protection stickers on it, of course I want to be the first one to rough it up.
Old 18 May 2019, 11:52 PM   #14
jlm1519
"TRF" Member

Thanks to all who replied. Got the email of the AD and e-mailed them. It's confirmed that the watch camw from them. I guess It is always good to be positive and a there is no harm in trying person thease days ��
Old 19 May 2019, 01:13 AM   #15
77T
2024 Pledge Member

Rolex AD email

Quote:
Thanks to all who replied. Got the email of the AD and e-mailed them. It's confirmed that the watch camw from them. I guess It is always good to be positive and a there is no harm in trying person thease days ��

Good deal - you now know they sold it. How many years ago was that original sale?

Now you still have the issue of whether the prior owners (could be more than 1) had it serviced with non-OEM parts. You also still have the possibility it had been stolen somewhere along its lifespan thus far.

So authentication is still ahead of you for complete peace of mind. The RSC can say if the parts are all authentic. Only the RSC can check the global theft list at Rolex HQ.

Two weeks is small price for 100% peace of mind. Ask RSC if it needs a service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Does anyone really know what time it is?
77T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 May 2019, 01:36 AM   #16
smym18
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hub6152 View Post
You bought a grey market watch from Japan and want the original Portuguese AD to confirm it was from them? Somehow I doubt you’ll get a response. If you want an authenticity check then take it to RSC for that.
I got my Submariner from a grey over 3 years ago and actually randomly called the AD (across the country) this week to confirm it came from them. They had no problem with me asking and said yes.
smym18 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19 May 2019, 01:59 AM   #17
Hub6152
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by smym18 View Post
I got my Submariner from a grey over 3 years ago and actually randomly called the AD (across the country) this week to confirm it came from them. They had no problem with me asking and said yes.

Slightly different scenario 3 years later! And why wouldn’t it have come from them? Or am I missing something!!
Old 19 May 2019, 05:06 AM   #18
smym18
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hub6152 View Post
Slightly different scenario 3 years later! And why wouldn’t it have come from them? Or am I missing something!!
What's the difference in calling them 3 years ago or 30 years from now? The answer would still be the same - yes it came from them.
smym18 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19 May 2019, 12:03 PM   #19
Hub6152
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by smym18 View Post
What's the difference in calling them 3 years ago or 30 years from now? The answer would still be the same - yes it came from them.

And still I don’t get what answer you would expect? Unless they said no it didn’t - then who’s screwed 3 years later!

The point being that if this Portuguese AD has been feeding the grey market, and this was a very recently supplied piece, then they’d be highly unlikely to answer inquisitive emails (especially if written in English) about a brand new piece of theirs coming from Japan! Think about it. 3 years later it wouldn’t matter.
Old 19 May 2019, 12:18 PM   #20
Hodog16
"TRF" Member

Watch: RG Olive DD40
Well, to anybody wondering how some ADs figure out watches have been resold, there you go.

My 116619 came from an AD in Portugal. Never dreamed of contacting them, but I did look them up on the Rolex website for fun.
Hodog16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 May 2019, 02:26 PM   #21
Arai.D
"TRF" Member

You know it’s hardly find fakes in Japan, when they’re saying it’s real then it’s real. Japanese really keep their goodfaith rather than profit. Nakano is the best place in Tokyo to find grey watches
Arai.D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 May 2019, 02:29 PM   #22
Muxi
"TRF" Member

Pre-owned watches sold in Japan shops have good provenance based on my observation.
Muxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 May 2019, 11:27 PM   #23
jlm1519
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77T View Post
Good deal - you now know they sold it. How many years ago was that original sale?

Now you still have the issue of whether the prior owners (could be more than 1) had it serviced with non-OEM parts. You also still have the possibility it had been stolen somewhere along its lifespan thus far.

So authentication is still ahead of you for complete peace of mind. The RSC can say if the parts are all authentic. Only the RSC can check the global theft list at Rolex HQ.

Two weeks is small price for 100% peace of mind. Ask RSC if it needs a service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Hi! Watch was bought a year ago only. Complete with the protective stickers and all.

It is my first rolex and first time not to buy from an AD that is why I was quite ancious about it. Have always been buying tags, omega and panerais from our local AD's here in the Philippines.

But now I can sleep peacefully. Thanks to all who replied.