The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 29 May 2019, 09:28 PM   #331
_speedmaster_
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frits1980 View Post
Yes, i've heard that story as well. Dont think thats the case do with mine. There is simply a bit of give when turning the bezel right on both No problem what so ever but it does make me question Blancpain a bit and its just a bit cheap. If the same on all divers it should have been noticed and fixed.
Same issue on my Milspec as well, the bezel action doesn't appear to feel as sharp or precise. It doesn't feel like a standard 45mm FF. I'd assume it's the same with all Milspecs, and perhaps the BOCiii. Let's see if they fixed it for the Kuda.

instagram.com/ct_watch_guy
_speedmaster_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 June 2019, 08:58 PM   #332
Batmannr1
"TRF" Member

Watch: On the left wrist
Hi all, I was yesterday at the local tourbillon boutique (chain owned by the swatch group), looking for a barakuda. BP novelties of 2019 did not hit this store yet. I tried on a BOC III and the regular FF 45 mm. A big difference in size. 45 mm is too big and the BOC III on strap a bit smallish.
Anyone knows if BP also will sell the barakuda with a steel bracelet? Will give the watch a buffier look.
Batmannr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 June 2019, 09:48 PM   #333
_speedmaster_
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batmannr1 View Post
Hi all, I was yesterday at the local tourbillon boutique (chain owned by the swatch group), looking for a barakuda. BP novelties of 2019 did not hit this store yet. I tried on a BOC III and the regular FF 45 mm. A big difference in size. 45 mm is too big and the BOC III on strap a bit smallish.
Anyone knows if BP also will sell the barakuda with a steel bracelet? Will give the watch a buffier look.
Unsure if they will. But the milspec came on a bracelet and since the milspec and Barakuda likeky share the same exact case, it should fit.

Old 2 June 2019, 09:52 PM   #334
Batmannr1
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by _speedmaster_ View Post
Unsure if they will. But the milspec came on a bracelet and since the milspec and Barakuda likeky share the same exact case, it should fit.
Thanks _speedmaster_

You are right, the case is same of the milspec.
BP will sell steel bracelets separately?
Other brands like Rolex will not.
Old 2 June 2019, 10:34 PM   #335
_speedmaster_
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Thanks _speedmaster_

You are right, the case is same of the milspec.
BP will sell steel bracelets separately?
Other brands like Rolex will not.
I think Rolex is an oddity with that stuff. I had no problems having an AD order a standalone bracelet from Omega. I'd imagine Blancpain, being part of Swatch, would have a similar policy.

Old 3 June 2019, 12:49 AM   #336
JP123
"TRF" Member

Yes I ordered a bracelet for my bathyscaphe with no issues other than it was ridiculously expensive.
The Blancpain bracelets are really top quality and balance out the cases to my mind much better than the straps. That said, there is no micro adjust mechanism which I think is a big downside.
JP123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 June 2019, 04:23 PM   #337
Batmannr1
"TRF" Member

Thanks for the replies guys.
Good to know a bracelet can be added.
Just have to wait this week on the call of the dealer if they can secure a spot on the waiting list for the barakuda.
Old 5 June 2019, 01:27 AM   #338
ChrisInCharlotte
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I think Rolex is an oddity with that stuff. I had no problems having an AD order a standalone bracelet from Omega. I'd imagine Blancpain, being part of Swatch, would have a similar policy.
You can buy bracelets separately 100%
ChrisInCharlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 June 2019, 11:16 PM   #339
improviz
"TRF" Member

Watch: your step
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisInCharlotte View Post
You can buy bracelets separately 100%
Yes. Rolex is the only company that I'm aware of that will not do this.
116520 white; 16613 black; 116710; 16570 polar; 16600. AP 15400; 15703. Blancpain Fifty Fathoms. Glashutte Sport Evo GMT. Omega Planet Ocean 2907.50.91; Planet Ocean Liquidmetal LE 222.30.42.20.01.001; Seamaster 2255.80.00. Breitling Crosswind, white. Panerai PAM 005. VC Overseas Chrono, black.
improviz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 June 2019, 02:19 AM   #340
Batmannr1
"TRF" Member

I just got back from the local tourbillon boutique (chain owned by the swatch group). I have put down a deposit for the BP Fifty Fathoms Barakuda and I am now first on the list.
Delivery expected in September/October.
Visited/called eventually 4 ADs to get an allocation. Very pleased to own a LE BP FF in a few months.
Old 15 June 2019, 01:15 AM   #341
Frits1980
"TRF" Member

The white paint on the moisture indicator realy bugs me. I know its functional but still even with the naked eye you can see the white is not 100%. Maybe unavoidable but it just feels sloppy.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20190614_1206389.jpg (238.5 KB, 469 views)
Frits1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 June 2019, 02:10 AM   #342
_speedmaster_
"TRF" Member

Quote:
The white paint on the moisture indicator realy bugs me. I know its functional but still even with the naked eye you can see the white is not 100%. Maybe unavoidable but it just feels sloppy.
Not sure what it exactly is, but the white part is a material. It's not paint.

Old 15 June 2019, 03:18 AM   #343
Frits1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Not sure what it exactly is, but the white part is a material. It's not paint.
Seems it has texture so maybe some kind of canvas. Like i said. I know its functional and perhaps in order to actualy work the white has to look like if it was badly painted who knows but it does bug me. Wonder how it will age as well.
Old 15 June 2019, 10:09 AM   #344
asiparks
"TRF" Member

Watch: ing the Detectives
Quote:
Isn't it an application of a clear base substrate containing moisture sensitive crystals, similar in texture to very fine sugar granules ? Doubt that can be applied completely smoothly nor, like the textured surface of a sugar cube, appear purely white.
Old 15 June 2019, 03:36 PM   #345
DoraTheExplorerII
"TRF" Member

I guess if you bought one you could get the moisture indicator painted over or replaced with a plastic disc.
DoraTheExplorerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 June 2019, 02:02 AM   #346
Greenp
"TRF" Member

Greenp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 June 2019, 10:35 PM   #347
Batmannr1
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I just got back from the local tourbillon boutique (chain owned by the swatch group). I have put down a deposit for the BP Fifty Fathoms Barakuda and I am now first on the list.
Visited/called eventually 4 ADs to get an allocation. Very pleased to own a LE BP FF in a few months.
I forgot to inform you about the MSRP in the Netherlands for the Blancpain FF Barakuda 5008B 1130 B52A
13290 EUR
Comes on the strap, so for the bracelet I will need to add about 2k extra.
Old 22 June 2019, 09:03 AM   #348
Alimamy
"TRF" Member

Watch: 114060;124270
Some macro and loupe shots of the 1315 in my Bathyscaphe.
Alimamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 June 2019, 03:56 AM   #349
Swaye
"TRF" Member

Watch: What I am wearing.
Figured I would throw in that I went in for the full deposit on the Barakuda today with the Boutique in NYC. Lovely service there, and they will even ship it to me when it comes in. They have a BUNCH of deposits already, but only a few full deposits, and full deposits go to the head of the line so I am liking my chances (90%).

I have really been exploring several non Rolex options the last couple of months after sitting on Daytona waiting lists for years, and I LOVED the Milspec when it came out a couple of years ago. But I was busy buying Hulks and SD43s and Batmans the last two years. When I saw the Kuda my pulse actually quickened. I know some will not warm to it because of the faux vintage stuff, but damn if to me that isn't one of the most most stunning watches I have ever seen.

And, having tried on BPs before in my travels I know the build quality is amazing. These are beautiful watches, and I think the most beautiful divers in the world, bar none.

I am over the moon that it looks like I got on the deposit list in time. NYC thinks a November ship date, roughly. But, it's paid for, so now I just wait. So excited! Both for this watch and to have something in the stable that isn't a Rolex! Ha!
Swaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 June 2019, 04:07 AM   #350
Swaye
"TRF" Member

Watch: What I am wearing.
Quote:
I think about 10% of all Kuda's worldwide will end up being owned by TRF members! Ha! Damn, it's such a sweet watch!
Swaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 June 2019, 07:22 PM   #351
Marchy
"TRF" Member

I read in a Hodinkee article comments that there was still a MilSpec available at the Xintiandi AD in Shanghai so I purposely went there looking to buy this piece. They don't, but they do have 1 last BOC. I have a smallish 6.5 - 6.75" wrist but the 40mm wore smaller than I would have liked. So I ended up getting the regular 45mm. I've never been more impressed with a watch, much more than my grail SD4k
Marchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 June 2019, 09:48 PM   #352
_speedmaster_
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marchy View Post
I read in a Hodinkee article comments that there was still a MilSpec available at the Xintiandi AD in Shanghai so I purposely went there looking to buy this piece. They don't, but they do have 1 last BOC. I have a smallish 6.5 - 6.75" wrist but the 40mm wore smaller than I would have liked. So I ended up getting the regular 45mm. I've never been more impressed with a watch, much more than my grail SD4k
The 40mm FF case does wear small, which I personally like, but understand it would wear too small for most. This goes back to my earlier point, they really should make the standard FF 42mm. It would be ideal for most people.
I spoke to the same NYC boutique manager as many of you about this as well and received the same response. Blancpain must know they are turning away hundreds, if not thousands, of potential customers worldwide by being stubborn on the 45mm sizing.

Old 24 June 2019, 09:50 PM   #353
_speedmaster_
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alimamy View Post
Some macro and loupe shots of the 1315 in my Bathyscaphe...
Fantastic shots. I really do need to get a macro lens for my camera.

Old 24 June 2019, 10:01 PM   #354
Frits1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
The 40mm FF case does wear small, which I personally like, but understand it would wear too small for most. This goes back to my earlier point, they really should make the standard FF 42mm. It would be ideal for most people.
I spoke to the same NYC boutique manager as many of you about this as well and received the same response. Blancpain must know they are turning away hundreds, if not thousands, of potential customers worldwide by being stubborn on the 45mm sizing.
You are right about the FF in 42mm. That would be perfect. See this thread as well: https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=682324 Most like the sportmodels but the sizes are dealbreakers.

I emailed Blancpain once asking about the sizing. No response. Going to fw these 2 threads to them, who knows:)
Old 24 June 2019, 10:25 PM   #355
Frits1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alimamy View Post
Some macro and loupe shots of the 1315 in my Bathyscaphe.
Great fotos. Movement is top notch. Have been wearing my Bathyscape the last 4 days. Such a beautiful watch but most of time im thinking damn, if made in 40/41mm it would have been perfect.
Old 24 June 2019, 11:37 PM   #356
_speedmaster_
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Going to fw these 2 threads to them, who knows:)
Haha, couldn't hurt. Maybe it will finally open their eyes a bit.

Old 25 June 2019, 02:10 AM   #357
Alimamy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Great fotos. Movement is top notch. Have been wearing my Bathyscape the last 4 days. Such a beautiful watch but most of time im thinking damn, if made in 40/41mm it would have been perfect.
Thanks! Wearing mine now and keep thinking the same thing myself.

Pros: Fantastic well-finished movement, wonderful power reserve, excellent accuracy (mine is at +6 seconds over a month and few days), beautiful sunburst dial that is pleasing to look at.

Negative: too big for me to daily!
Old 25 June 2019, 06:30 AM   #358
Uppersouth
"TRF" Member

Watch: SWISS
Had a look for myself recently in Miami and absolutely loved the Fifty Fathoms! Here are a few models I tried on while there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
-ROBERT FROST
Uppersouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 June 2019, 05:41 AM   #359
_speedmaster_
"TRF" Member

Had a chance to try on the air command and kuda today. I have to say, both fantastic pieces. The bezel knurling and clicky-ness is an improvement over the Milspec. I also found it wore slightly larger than the milspec as well (which is a plus to me). Just wish it was slightly more different than my milspec, but alas. To those that are getting one, you'll love it

Old 29 June 2019, 07:00 AM   #360
Alimamy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Had a chance to try on the air command and kuda today. I have to say, both fantastic pieces. The bezel knurling and clicky-ness is an improvement over the Milspec. I also found it wore slightly larger than the milspec as well (which is a plus to me). Just wish it was slightly more different than my milspec, but alas. To those that are getting one, you'll love it
That makes sense. The coin edge is different on the 'kuda bezel. Did you take any pictures by chance?