The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 26 August 2019, 03:10 AM   #241
Fchernyak
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBoy17 View Post
I think there the best tuner for mercedes. They have been around for along time. Renntech and Brabus are the top for the mbworld.

These are my weekend toys....almost forgot

This looks like it was taken on emmons ave in Brooklyn. I live very close. Wouldn’t be surprised if we actually knew each other

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Fchernyak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 August 2019, 03:48 AM   #242
The Joker
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdog View Post
Ha. Thanks.

Before and after picture from tonight. The first is after its bath. The second is after dinner in the city, on our way home.
a pot hole dud this?
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 August 2019, 05:40 AM   #243
Dyim
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Ha. Thanks.

Before and after picture from tonight. The first is after its bath. The second is after dinner in the city, on our way home.
Ouch. Could be repairable by good rim shop.
Dyim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 August 2019, 06:39 AM   #244
Vibroverb
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley Crusher View Post
Right back at ya!

Here's a more updated pic.

Great car! I've had a few - the current one plus a photo of an old one all chained up

Vibroverb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 August 2019, 09:06 AM   #245
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Omega
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
a pot hole dud this?
Yep. A pot hole dud it.

IG: gsmotorclub
IG: thesawcollection

(Both mostly just car stuff)
superdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 August 2019, 09:07 AM   #246
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyim View Post
Ouch. Could be repairable by good rim shop.
My guy saw the picture and thinks it’s an easy fix. He just needs the wheel for a day.

Old 26 August 2019, 09:15 AM   #247
Wesley Crusher
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vibroverb View Post
Great car! I've had a few - the current one plus a photo of an old one all chained up

I like the Amazon badge. Is that the trim level? And does it say TD on the other side (Turbo Diesel?). Here in the states, all 100 series Cruisers only came with the V8 petrol engine and we only got 1 trim level, which I assume is top of the line.
Wesley Crusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 August 2019, 01:32 PM   #248
Fredette
Banned

Used to daily this Midget. Now I drive the IS 250 right next to it. The last pic is the original brass hammer from Thor Hammer Company in Great Britain. Even had the horse hair pouch.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
Fredette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 August 2019, 02:37 PM   #249
sokoloka
"TRF" Member

Watch: Audemars Piguet
Quote:
My guy saw the picture and thinks it’s an easy fix. He just needs the wheel for a day.
That's impressive if that's the case. Looking at my wheels there isn't that much meat there. Is it just the outside of the lip or more of the barrel as well?
Old 26 August 2019, 06:00 PM   #250
Rashid.bk
"TRF" Member

Watch: 12800ft = 3900m
Quote:
If you aren't ever tracking the car then that option is good. Otherwise if you do plan on tracking which puts the car and wheels under extreme stress, ie 150mph plus and hard breaking and g-forces mid apex, a new wheel is required.
Also if you ever sell I would disclose this repair if you go the wheel guy route.

The wheel's integrity has been compromised and a failure could be catastrophic, be safe out there.

I can relate to this same experience, albeit in much less expensive car. I swerved to avoid one pothole which led me into a series of others in the next lane. had to get both right side wheels re-trued and both front tires replaced since the right front was pinched. This was only on my Mazdaspeed 3, gotta love Newark roads.
Rashid.bk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 August 2019, 06:15 PM   #251
Vibroverb
Banned

Quote:
I like the Amazon badge. Is that the trim level? And does it say TD on the other side (Turbo Diesel?). Here in the states, all 100 series Cruisers only came with the V8 petrol engine and we only got 1 trim level, which I assume is top of the line.
In the UK we didn't get the Lexus version, we got Toyota 100 series. They are badged Amazon (as opposed to the 120 series which is Prado or Colorado).

They came in petrol V8 or diesel. GX was the base level and VX is the high spec version. You don't see many GX versions as the only ran them for a couple of years. All the VX were auto, the GX was also available with a manual box.

This one is in the "fix it or sell it" zone - it's the boat/dog/tip/winter car and for a year or so I'm debating whether to move up to the 200 series or fix this one.
Old 26 August 2019, 06:19 PM   #252
Vibroverb
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredette View Post
Used to daily this Midget. Now I drive the IS 250 right next to it. The last pic is the original brass hammer from Thor Hammer Company in Great Britain. Even had the horse hair pouch.
lovely - and thats an early one! I used to have a 72 - one of my first cars just before the rubber bumpers
Old 26 August 2019, 07:00 PM   #253
Fredette
Banned

Quote:
lovely - and thats an early one! I used to have a 72 - one of my first cars just before the rubber bumpers
Thanks! And yeah, I'm not a fan of the rubber bumpers either though I think they look better on an MG than, say, a Spitfire. Super fun to drive, super unreliable. Haha #princelucas

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
Fredette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 August 2019, 07:26 PM   #254
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rashid.bk View Post
If you aren't ever tracking the car then that option is good. Otherwise if you do plan on tracking which puts the car and wheels under extreme stress, ie 150mph plus and hard breaking and g-forces mid apex, a new wheel is required.
Also if you ever sell I would disclose this repair if you go the wheel guy route.

The wheel's integrity has been compromised and a failure could be catastrophic, be safe out there.

I can relate to this same experience, albeit in much less expensive car. I swerved to avoid one pothole which led me into a series of others in the next lane. had to get both right side wheels re-trued and both front tires replaced since the right front was pinched. This was only on my Mazdaspeed 3, gotta love Newark roads.
You bring up great points. I admit I had not thought about it that way. And I do plan on tracking it. In fact, I’m at the track now. I was planning on bringing the 458. But I’m in the 911, which I’m ultimately glad about.

That said, I’m am thinking about fixing, but also getting a whole new set anyway. I’ve had a few recommendations from people and I’ve seen a few wheels that are really nice. Sadly, they are also extremely expensive. But I suppose that’s to me expected.

Even as I write this though, I’m thinking the best solution might simply be to have Ferrari swap out the damaged wheel during the scheduled service which just happens to be this week.

Old 26 August 2019, 07:32 PM   #255
kimwizzzuuu
"TRF" Member

kimwizzzuuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 August 2019, 07:40 PM   #256
Rashid.bk
"TRF" Member

Watch: 12800ft = 3900m
Quote:
You bring up great points. I admit I had not thought about it that way. And I do plan on tracking it. In fact, I’m at the track now. I was planning on bringing the 458. But I’m in the 911, which I’m ultimately glad about.

That said, I’m am thinking about fixing, but also getting a whole new set anyway. I’ve had a few recommendations from people and I’ve seen a few wheels that are really nice. Sadly, they are also extremely expensive. But I suppose that’s to me expected.

Even as I write this though, I’m thinking the best solution might simply be to have Ferrari swap out the damaged wheel during the scheduled service which just happens to be this week.
It's really the best option Seth. I haven't been to the track in a while but when I was frequently there with my Evo X, the pros would never use a re-trued wheel at the track. Once it's bent, it was done, too many variables, heat pressures, track surfaces, the apex rumble strips on entry/exit can be the nail in the coffin of a weakened wheel, especially when it's a front wheel. Just consider your safety and usage and that will be your guide.

Most important thing on a track is breaks, then tires and wheels, as it relates to safety. The incident with Paul Walker and the Porsche is supposedly related to simply deteriorated tires. Car was parked for long intervals, tires were technically unused but from being static so long had deteriorated and when pushed just a little, gave out. Safety is always first.
As the saying goes....
More horse power, more money. You got a lotta pretty horses in that one.
Rashid.bk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 August 2019, 08:09 PM   #257
NateInBama
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Ha. Thanks.

Very nice!! I live in Moody, AL around 5min from Barbers Motorsports, a newer world class INDY track. They have a deal where if you’re license tag is one of theirs, you can race on the track two days a year for free. I’ve had my Ferrari for around five weeks’ish. Sept 14th is the next day for this. I have to try, but holy crap am I terrified at the idea. Any advice on first time on a racetrack with a Ferrari?

https://barberracingevents.com/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
NateInBama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 August 2019, 08:56 PM   #258
bondtoys
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16750
Quote:

Imo there is no way around getting a new wheel.
Rashid said it right, the structure has been compromised ( and these rims are optimized for weight, so they don‘t have enough „meat“ to just take these hits and get straightened out then).

Even at 75 mph, it won‘t be fun having a compromised rim failing, but here, we go top speed with our cars and there is certainly no room for failure.
bondtoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 August 2019, 08:59 PM   #259
Jace
"TRF" Member

Watch: Platinum DD 40
All I have is a hatchback

[IMG]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190826/
a8836ba4ce8757a1acd43e4cd8fee14f.jpg[/IMG]

A zero to 60 in 2.4 seconds hatchback. Low key all the way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Jace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 August 2019, 09:16 PM   #260
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bondtoys View Post
Imo there is no way around getting a new wheel.
Rashid said it right, the structure has been compromised ( and these rims are optimized for weight, so they don‘t have enough „meat“ to just take these hits and get straightened out then).

Even at 75 mph, it won‘t be fun having a compromised rim failing, but here, we go top speed with our cars and there is certainly no room for failure.
Agree.

I learn as I go. And you both bring up super points.

Safety first. Always. I’ll just have them swap it out at service.

Thanks guys.

Old 26 August 2019, 09:59 PM   #261
1st amg
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex,AP,Panerai
Quote:
Agree.

I learn as I go. And you both bring up super points.

Safety first. Always. I’ll just have them swap it out at service.

Thanks guys.
Seth, take a look in the Ferrari Chat classified, there are always 458 wheels for sale. I would certainly buy a new wheel. No way I would risk that wheel on track events or car rally's. Thats $hitty to happen on the F car.
1st amg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 August 2019, 01:36 AM   #262
sokoloka
"TRF" Member

Watch: Audemars Piguet
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimwizzzuuu View Post
Speciale? Gorgeous. Absolutely love it. Already can barely squeeze a trenta drink in the aft cupholder in my 458 - can only guess the carbon bridge makes it tighter
Old 27 August 2019, 01:49 AM   #263
blassy
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610 LN, 16800
I used to have one of the nicer cars in my hood until this showed up on a flatbed for my neighbor.....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg thumbnail_IMG_0195.jpg (185.3 KB, 444 views)
blassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 August 2019, 02:03 AM   #264
kimwizzzuuu
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sokoloka View Post
Speciale? Gorgeous. Absolutely love it. Already can barely squeeze a trenta drink in the aft cupholder in my 458 - can only guess the carbon bridge makes it tighter

yes, the cup holder of the speciale actually pretty practical and secure for Trenta cup, venti is not very secure when break hard,lmao

从我的 iPhone 发送,使用 Tapatalk
kimwizzzuuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 August 2019, 02:18 AM   #265
Wesley Crusher
"TRF" Member

Quote:
In the UK we didn't get the Lexus version, we got Toyota 100 series. They are badged Amazon (as opposed to the 120 series which is Prado or Colorado).

They came in petrol V8 or diesel. GX was the base level and VX is the high spec version. You don't see many GX versions as the only ran them for a couple of years. All the VX were auto, the GX was also available with a manual box.

This one is in the "fix it or sell it" zone - it's the boat/dog/tip/winter car and for a year or so I'm debating whether to move up to the 200 series or fix this one.
The Lexus version is just a rebadged Cygnus. I’m not sure if the Cygnus was ever brought to Europe. Outside of Japan, I know it was also offered in the Middle East, but I’m not sure about anywhere else. As far as I know, the Lexus version was only for the US and maybe Canada.

We also got the Toyota LC version, but it was only offered in 1 trim level and there was no designation (GX, VX, etc...). It is simply called the Land Cruiser. I’m assuming it is the VX trim, though.

I say you fix up your 100 and keep it on the road. They’re wonderful cars. If you need more space, a 200 would be a nice choice, but the 100 is just so nice.
Old 27 August 2019, 03:42 AM   #266
Vibroverb
Banned

Quote:
The Lexus version is just a rebadged Cygnus. I’m not sure if the Cygnus was ever brought to Europe. Outside of Japan, I know it was also offered in the Middle East, but I’m not sure about anywhere else. As far as I know, the Lexus version was only for the US and maybe Canada.

We also got the Toyota LC version, but it was only offered in 1 trim level and there was no designation (GX, VX, etc...). It is simply called the Land Cruiser. I’m assuming it is the VX trim, though.

I say you fix up your 100 and keep it on the road. They’re wonderful cars. If you need more space, a 200 would be a nice choice, but the 100 is just so nice.
I see Lexus variants here as Japanese imports, but I can not recall ever seeing a Cygnus on the road.

I have had 4 LC80, and this is the third LC100. I have had it 5 years, and the main faults are still there since the day I got it. AC, rear diff lock. That says something about reliability as nothing else has gone wrong in 5 years! I reckon I will fix it as it isn't depreciating anytime soon....and for the use it gets I can't justify a 200 series (in 5 years I have done 15k miles!)

I'm a fixer by nature and actually enjoy older stuff with something to fix on them
Old 27 August 2019, 06:42 AM   #267
Wesley Crusher
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I see Lexus variants here as Japanese imports, but I can not recall ever seeing a Cygnus on the road.

I have had 4 LC80, and this is the third LC100. I have had it 5 years, and the main faults are still there since the day I got it. AC, rear diff lock. That says something about reliability as nothing else has gone wrong in 5 years! I reckon I will fix it as it isn't depreciating anytime soon....and for the use it gets I can't justify a 200 series (in 5 years I have done 15k miles!)

I'm a fixer by nature and actually enjoy older stuff with something to fix on them
What year is your 100? Over here, the rear diff lock was only offered during the 98 and 99 model years, I think, and only on the Toyota version, not the Lexus. A very cool factory option!
Old 28 August 2019, 04:12 AM   #268
davidgilmore
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex
fiberglass

Tuscan V8 recently sold and sharing garage space with a Ford GT in Oregon.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_6197.JPG (158.9 KB, 373 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1237.JPG (117.0 KB, 372 views)
davidgilmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 August 2019, 07:08 AM   #269
cdmorenot
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex & Omega
Quote:

Seth,

Give USA Wheel in Fairfield a try. They’re behind that industrial complex on Bloomfield Ave. They are extremely trustworthy and they be transparent about results and structural integrity of wheel post repair.

Sorry about the wheel. Looks like a potato chip!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 28 August 2019, 08:42 AM   #270
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdmorenot View Post
Seth,

Give USA Wheel in Fairfield a try. They’re behind that industrial complex on Bloomfield Ave. They are extremely trustworthy and they be transparent about results and structural integrity of wheel post repair.

Sorry about the wheel. Looks like a potato chip!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks Carlos.

I had a scheduled service so I just sent it back to Ferrari today. It’ll cost me more, but the piece of mind is worth it to me.

I need it back fast because I was invited to an “invite only” car show at the hamptons. I’ll likely meet a ton of good contacts so I want to ensure everything is pristine.

I’ll check them out for future needs tho. Thanks bud.