The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Patek Philippe Discussion Forum

Old 11 September 2019, 04:29 AM   #61
mongrelnomoad
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat_ninja View Post
The 11-02 is also a GMT it has the extra pusher on the left. Kind of like the 5524
Yeah, and who wants a stupid GMT complication anyway, amiright? Pfffff......
(Hides his BLNR under his cuff.)
mongrelnomoad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11 September 2019, 04:39 AM   #62
ts3
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UmichNJ View Post
I think that some form of waitlists can be helpful. I waited approximately four years, was a good and reliable customer, and finally received my 5711a Tiffany stamp. There were certainly many qualified buyers, and I do think wait duration played a role.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This one is a real beauty - the stamp adds balance to the dial if anything... and I admit this as a guy who generally doesn't like stamps much... Congrats!!!

Similar story in my case - two and a half years of wait for the bread and butter edition w/o stamp that finally arrived a year ago. Called the AD every 6 or 9 months and they kept me updated on the expected time of arrival. They clearly have a wait list which doesn't mean you cannot jump the line by spending big dollars which I have not. First piece I bought there and hopefully not the last.
ts3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11 September 2019, 04:39 AM   #63
Calatrava r
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex and Patek
There are no waitlists. There are valued clients, new and longstanding who receive the sought after product. Most ADs will not even take your name anymore on the rare stuff. Thank them for that. Wasted idle hoping avoided. I agree with the poster who said "buy something else or go home" if you cannot develop the rapport needed with an AD. At this point I think it is foolish to think about waiting years for anything so unnecessary to one's life.
The market will turn, as all things in life do, and the models will show up at ADs at retail. At that point few will want them. Funny how that works.
Calatrava r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 September 2019, 05:43 AM   #64
martinr
"TRF" Member

Sorry if I offended anyone I actually like some RM pieces. And he’s a smart guy and makes a quality product. I visited APRP when I toured Audemars Piguet, had lunch with Giulio Papi and our group and discussed watchmaking. Saw the parts that go in a RM watch being made. As well made as any movements out there. I almost bought a 67-01 last month. I just like teasing ninjas. And I really do like the 11-02 in white with a green rubber strap. Even if it does have a pusher on the left. Like my 5524 which has two pushers. You can’t argue personal taste and preferences anyway so it’s all good with me.
martinr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 September 2019, 08:54 AM   #65
Fat_ninja
Banned

Watch: P-01
Quote:
Originally Posted by martinr View Post
I almost bought a 67-01 last month. I just like teasing ninjas. And I really do like the 11-02 in white with a green rubber strap.
Ninja’s can take it
1) 67-01. Don’t do it!!!! Lol. Maybe an 67-02. That looks like a fun watch...
2) 11-01 Mancini...That one really is more green strap that with the green rubber crown. No extra pushers tho... also a dog
Fat_ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 September 2019, 09:49 AM   #66
martinr
"TRF" Member

I don’t like the 67-02 and I decided not to go for the 67-01 because a friend, sort of an RM expert told me don’t do it. He said the reason it’s being offered to me is because it’s too expensive for what it is and not really desirable any longer. But I still like it. 11-02 is way too expensive by comparison to other stuff I want or am interested in but still I do like it. 11-03 Ti is very nice too. I’d scratch the bezel and be pissed so it looks like I’ll be window shopping RM but that’s about it. What I’m really liking these days is DeBethune.
Old 11 September 2019, 10:49 AM   #67
Fat_ninja
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinr View Post
I don’t like the 67-02 and I decided not to go for the 67-01 because a friend, sort of an RM expert told me don’t do it. He said the reason it’s being offered to me is because it’s too expensive for what it is and not really desirable any longer. But I still like it. 11-02 is way too expensive by comparison to other stuff I want or am interested in but still I do like it. 11-03 Ti is very nice too. I’d scratch the bezel and be pissed so it looks like I’ll be window shopping RM but that’s about it. What I’m really liking these days is DeBethune.
That’s too exotic for me. I’ll stay with my P-01. Ive secretly converted 2 Patek guys to buying a P-01. Lol
Old 11 September 2019, 12:19 PM   #68
martinr
"TRF" Member

I googled P-01. It’s a 9mm semi automatic. You wear that on your wrist? Oh wait you mean that Tudor. Lol.
Old 11 September 2019, 08:03 PM   #69
Fat_ninja
Banned

I have a. Friend that has waited maybe less 3-6 months for a aquanaut. After spending around 50k on meh watches. Of course with guidance from me lol. The original quotes was at best next near.

So it’s not a hopeless endeavor for you all that are waiting... and now he’s likely going to get a nautilus before the year ends.

-It’s really about whether they believe you have the spending power...
Old 11 September 2019, 09:00 PM   #70
mongrelnomoad
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
I have a. Friend that has waited maybe less 3-6 months for a aquanaut. After spending around 50k on meh watches. Of course with guidance from me lol. The original quotes was at best next near.

So it’s not a hopeless endeavor for you all that are waiting... and now he’s likely going to get a nautilus before the year ends.

Sorry Ninja, but my conscience won’t let me spend $50k on stuff I don’t want to be permitted to give them ~$20k for what I do. I’d prefer to give that money to a good cause rather than pad out a salesperson’s annual ticket.

As much as I like them, I can live without the watches. I will not ever feel compelled to prove how much I may or may not have to anyone in a sales position (or elsewhere for that matter). But that’s just me.
Old 11 September 2019, 09:02 PM   #71
Fat_ninja
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mongrelnomoad View Post
Sorry Ninja, but my conscience won’t let me spend $50k on stuff I don’t want to be permitted to give them ~$20k for what I do. I’d prefer to give that money to a good cause rather than pad out a salesperson’s annual ticket.

As much as I like them, I can live without the watches. But that’s just me.
U assume my buddy can’t move the 50k of unwanted watches at some point.

Edit after enjoying those said watches for a but
Old 11 September 2019, 09:08 PM   #72
mongrelnomoad
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
U assume my buddy can’t move the 50k of unwanted watches at some point.

Edit after enjoying those said watches for a but
Perhaps, but it’s the principle. I just refuse to play the game because it makes me feel nauseous.

No judgement on you or your mate. You do you. I just can’t.
Old 11 September 2019, 09:11 PM   #73
Fat_ninja
Banned

Quote:
Perhaps, but it’s the principle. I just refuse to play the game because it makes me feel nauseous.

No judgement on you or your mate. You do you. I just can’t.
I’ve never had to buy a watch I didn’t want... my buddy did. All I’m saying is it’s better than some of the 100-200k numbers thrown out there
Old 11 September 2019, 09:16 PM   #74
mongrelnomoad
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
I’ve never had to buy a watch I didn’t want... my buddy did. All I’m saying is it’s better than some of the 100-200k numbers thrown out there
Ah gotcha. I think the actual expected “compensation” depends on the where, and the consensus economic outlook.

Having a Fat Ninja prowling the stores with him probably didn’t do your mate a disservice either...
Old 11 September 2019, 09:27 PM   #75
Fat_ninja
Banned

Quote:
Ah gotcha. I think the actual expected “compensation” depends on the where, and the consensus economic outlook.

Having a Fat Ninja prowling the stores with him probably didn’t do your mate a disservice either...
Naw I don’t go with him... I’m more of a shoulder to cry on.
Old 11 September 2019, 10:07 PM   #76
TJMike
Banned

Quote:

Please teach me your ways Ninja. I don't know if I can go on if I can't get the blue dial 5711. Sure I could have bought it at a discount a few years back, but now that I can't get it at MSRP I realize that it is the watch of my dreams. What I want is what I cannot have. What I cannot have is what I want
TJMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 September 2019, 10:26 PM   #77
Fat_ninja
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJMike View Post
Please teach me your ways Ninja. I don't know if I can go on if I can't get the blue dial 5711. Sure I could have bought it at a discount a few years back, but now that I can't get it at MSRP I realize that it is the watch of my dreams. What I want is what I cannot have. What I cannot have is what I want
If u give me the spread between grey and msrp... I’ll teach you my ways :).
Old 11 September 2019, 10:53 PM   #78
TJMike
Banned

Quote:
If u give me the spread between grey and msrp... I’ll teach you my ways :).
Of course the watches I want are cheaper on the grey market :)

I am sure there must be some people out there that the 5711 (or whatever) is their true dream watch and they only have enough cash to buy it and nothing else. As such, no watch for them! Or that they had a 5711 (or whatever) stolen and the watch meant everything to them and now they cannot replace it. For these people, I feel somewhat sorry for them; it is still a watch after-all. For everyone else complaining of wait-lists, it really makes me laugh. A bit of man jewelry causing so much angst.
TJMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 September 2019, 11:08 PM   #79
Aquaman
Banned

[QUOTE=UmichNJ;9961982]I think that some form of waitlists can be helpful. I waited approximately four years, was a good and reliable customer, and finally received my 5711a Tiffany stamp. There were certainly many qualified buyers, and I do think wait duration played a role.

Great watch, I'm sure I remember seeing that somewhere, congrats and enjoy
Aquaman is offline   Reply With Quote