The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Closed Thread

Old 23 August 2019, 08:45 PM   #1231
beshannon
"TRF" Member

Watch: One of Not Many
Quote:
Originally Posted by s2h904 View Post
Anyone happen to pay for insight via TheStreet.com or others...…….just wondering if it is worth the price of admission.

Thanks in advance.

Currently I own a few stocks-The mouse, Amazon and Altria. I love dividend stocks
I am a member of Cramer's Action Alerts Club, I read Real Money and TheStreet.com.

I use the research from Charles Schwab where my trading accounts are from Argus, Morningstar, Market Edge and their own StreetSmartEdge app as well as their TradeSource platform. I watch Bloomberg and follow quite a few hedge fund people on Twitter.

Yes the $300 a year is well worth the info I get, one successful trade pays for the membership.
Vacheron Constantin Traditionnelle Complete Calendar, Glashutte PanoInverse, Glashutte SeaQ Panorama Date, Omega Aqua Terra 150, Omega CK 859, Omega Speedmaster 3861 Moonwatch, Glashutte Senator Exellence, Rolex 116710 GMT Master II BLNR, Breitling Superocean Steelfish, JLC Atmos Transparent
Old 23 August 2019, 11:35 PM   #1232
s2h904
"TRF" Member

Watch: Datejust/YM
Quote:
Originally Posted by beshannon View Post
I am a member of Cramer's Action Alerts Club, I read Real Money and TheStreet.com.

I use the research from Charles Schwab where my trading accounts are from Argus, Morningstar, Market Edge and their own StreetSmartEdge app as well as their TradeSource platform. I watch Bloomberg and follow quite a few hedge fund people on Twitter.

Yes the $300 a year is well worth the info I get, one successful trade pays for the membership.

I am with Schwab as well Brian-love all of the info at my disposal. We(Dad, Mom, oldest brother) watch CNBC religiously. I have always had respect for Cramer, that is why I was thinking of joining his site.

I am not looking to turn $10K into $100K in two months-I am being realistic with my investments. Long term, safe stocks/funds is what I am looking for.

Appreciate everyone's input...…...
Old 24 August 2019, 08:47 AM   #1233
ekim213
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNA/LION View Post
If you're not in HRTX I'd pick up some positions here at a great price.

I have a sustatial stash and I'm posied to buy when the market breaks. I did put several hundred thousand dollars to work a few weeks ago in emerging markets.

Best of Luck to Everyone!
where's the HRTX guy? i am a couple months late.
are we still buying this?

if anybody cares...
I'm bullish on TTD, OKTA, ROKU, SQ
i've turned bearish on NFLX, UBER/LYFT, AAPL
Old 24 August 2019, 10:05 AM   #1234
m j b
"TRF" Member

Watch: ♕& Ω
Quote:
Originally Posted by ekim213 View Post
where's the HRTX guy? i am a couple months late.
are we still buying this?
Yes. Buy on weakness [like today]

Disclaimer: Please note that the avatar is not an accurate representation of how I look. The camera adds 10 pounds...
Old 24 August 2019, 11:28 AM   #1235
Letsgodiving
"TRF" Member

Watch: SD 16600
Quote:
Originally Posted by m j b View Post
Yes. Buy on weakness [like today]
I wonder if people were saying that at $1100 or $1000 or $500 or $100, $50, $20.... It's down what 60% in the last year? Good luck!
Old 24 August 2019, 11:45 AM   #1236
Etschell
"TRF" Member

Watch: platinum sub
Just short any biotech stock pop. It is a proven winning strategy.

25 or 6 to 4.
Old 22 September 2019, 12:29 AM   #1237
denmanproject
"TRF" Member

Scooped up some HRTX yesterday under $20, looks like some good upside from here
Old 22 September 2019, 02:09 AM   #1238
JasoninDenver
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by denmanproject View Post
Scooped up some HRTX yesterday under $20, looks like some good upside from here
What are you seeing as a reason for the upside?

Anything differentiating this purchase from the sector as a whole?

116610 LN
DateJust
Pelagos FXD
Old 22 September 2019, 02:32 AM   #1239
m j b
"TRF" Member

I've been watching and trading HRTX for several months now, ever since the FDA rejection letter. There is no new news or other publicly known reason for the increase. It could just be some short covering, or maybe just some folks increasing their positions and then others jumping on the momentum wagon.

AFAIK, YMMV, etc.

Disclaimer: Please note that the avatar is not an accurate representation of how I look. The camera adds 10 pounds...
Old 22 September 2019, 02:39 AM   #1240
denmanproject
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasoninDenver View Post
What are you seeing as a reason for the upside?

Anything differentiating this purchase from the sector as a whole?
I'm no pro but between the chart, large recent buys and (possible) upcoming news I like what I see
Old 22 September 2019, 09:20 AM   #1241
BNA/LION
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ROLEX
Quote:
Originally Posted by denmanproject View Post
I'm no pro but between the chart, large recent buys and (possible) upcoming news I like what I see
I totally agree. Best of Luck!

✦ 28238 President DD 18K/YG ✦ 16610LN SS Sub ✦ 16613 18K/SS Serti ✦ 16550 Exp II Non-Rail Cream Dial ✦ Daytona C 116500 ✦ 126710 BLRO GMT-Master II ✦ NEXT-->?
Hole In One! 10/3/19 DMCC 5th hole, par 3, 168 yards w/ 4-Iron.
Old 22 September 2019, 09:27 AM   #1242
denmanproject
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I totally agree. Best of Luck!
Old 24 September 2019, 05:01 AM   #1243
glenn_herwig
"TRF" Member

Bought some JNUG today. Long TMF. Hopefully rates can keep falling for that trade to continue. Anybody hear about a company that recently went public called The Real Real? They consign luxury goods. I like the story. I’ve been in and out of it. It’s up 35% off the low. Don’t know if I would be running to buy now. But I might wait for a little pull back to jump back in.

Jaeger Le Coultre Grande Date 240.8.15

Instagram: @select.timepieces
Old 2 October 2019, 12:52 AM   #1244
BNA/LION
2024 Pledge Member

HTRX ~ In the News

Heron Therapeutics Resubmits New Drug Application to FDA for HTX-011 for the Management of Postoperative Pain

https://www.wsj.com/articles/PR-CO-20191001-910129

✦ 28238 President DD 18K/YG ✦ 16610LN SS Sub ✦ 16613 18K/SS Serti ✦ 16550 Exp II Non-Rail Cream Dial ✦ Daytona C 116500 ✦ 126710 BLRO GMT-Master II ✦ NEXT-->?
Old 2 October 2019, 12:57 AM   #1245
m j b
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Heron Therapeutics Resubmits New Drug Application to FDA for HTX-011 for the Management of Postoperative Pain
You have to have a subscription to read that. Although the title says it all, another source that I found said (IIRC) that the company projects a six month wait for a response from the FDA. Which I hope will be positive.

Me personally, I'm not selling my position, but I predict (yes kids you read it here first) that in the next few months the stock will continue to edge downwards, and one should add to your position when it gets below whatever target you may set. 18, maybe 17.50... whatever.

Assuming that the drug is approved, the stock should perform admirably.

Old 4 October 2019, 01:49 AM   #1246
BNA/LION
2024 Pledge Member

HRTX ~ In The News

SAN DIEGO, Oct. 2, 2019 /PRNewswire/ --
Heron Announces Positive Topline Results from Phase 3b Clinical Study of HTX-011 in Total Knee Arthroplasty

- Mean Pain Scores Remain in Mild Range for 72 Hours following Surgery -

- 75% of Patients Were Discharged without Opioids -

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/heron...114500100.html

Old 4 October 2019, 03:48 AM   #1247
m j b
"TRF" Member

What Larry forgot to mention (above) is that the stock (HRTX) has performed most lovely in the past couple of days while the broader market, not so much. Especially for those who maybe set their target at 18 and bought when it dropped below it, briefly, earlier this week.

LOL, where's my platinum Rolex?

Old 4 October 2019, 04:27 AM   #1248
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Omega
Done buying stocks.

Letting my guy handle all that.

My own “experimental” account is in ruins. Not selling anything. But damn.

IG: gsmotorclub
IG: thesawcollection

(Both mostly just car stuff)
Old 4 October 2019, 05:08 AM   #1249
Dubshack
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126334
Quote:
Originally Posted by superdog View Post
Done buying stocks.

I tell myself this every time as well, but it always pulls me back.

Though I’ve gotten smarter and put the majority of my money in an S&P Index fund and play with the balance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 4 October 2019, 06:23 AM   #1250
smak
Banned

bitcoin.

i said it before and i'll say it again.

It's down from the last time i said it, but if it drops further down its just more profit for the way back up.

i'm unabashedly bullish on bitcoin.

to make/mine bitcoin with the equipment currently more prodominant on the network, even at 1c/kwh electricity which is unheard of, you are barely making 5x profit right now.

With overhead and the inefficiency of profit mongers trying to get fat fingers into the honey pot.. i would be willing to wager they are now sweating buckets.

unprofitable mining is good for nobody. market manipulation can only go so far before its trying to squeeze blood from a stone.

be weary of charts. market analysits are useless in crypto. charts with trend lines are just an illusion. the market it incredibly small and manipulated.

if you inject a large amount of cash and buy in all at once you are guaranteed to be taken for a ride to try and shake out weak hands.

be patient it could be a few months but i dont think it will be a year as i predicted recently before things begin to sky rocket.

and for gods sake dont invest in mining if you dont know what you are doing.

particularly cloud mining, where you dont ever have your hands on hardware.

i have first hand experience.

mining companies will steal your money at the promise of sending you bits of profit on a monthly basis and you will ROI in months. its all a scam and if you speak out against these companies after they take your money they will persue you ruthlessly.
Old 4 October 2019, 09:14 PM   #1251
m j b
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smak View Post
i'm unabashedly bullish on bitcoin.
You make a good argument for not mining bitcoin, but where's the justification for buying it? It's not really catching on (AFAIK) in the real world, outside of the dark web and criminal activity. It's not based on anything real like most currencies (pegged to gold or backed by a government). So aside from those charts and trends that you discount, what does it have going for it?

Old 4 October 2019, 11:43 PM   #1252
smak
Banned

Quote:
You make a good argument for not mining bitcoin, but where's the justification for buying it? It's not really catching on (AFAIK) in the real world, outside of the dark web and criminal activity. It's not based on anything real like most currencies (pegged to gold or backed by a government). So aside from those charts and trends that you discount, what does it have going for it?
adoptability does seem to be increasing, the issue is usability and insuring against losses.

Gains are being made, they dont seem to be translating to value just yet.

I'm not familiar with a lot of currencies actually backed againt gold anymore. certainly not the USD. Bitcoin is backed against spontaneously dissapearing like some of Greeces euro austerity measures caused, its a mathamatical constant and its network is immutable. But an unsecure computer or wallet can leave catastrophic consequences for sure.

The criminal activity is an issue, but its subsiding a bit with the forensic addition of blockchain whisperers that are getting increasingly proficient at tracking "anonymous" transfers.
Old 5 October 2019, 12:07 AM   #1253
m j b
"TRF" Member

Well... I still don't understand what Paul's point is, as there is nothing backing Bitcoin. An immutable network and mathematical constant don't mean anything in currency.

But back to our favorite topic, Heron Therapeutics, Inc, (HRTX) is down bigly today because they announced a supplemental public offering at $17.50 to pay for marketing their new drug after it is approved by the FDA. Folks, this is what is often referred to as a "buying opportunity". Already have some? Buy some more, lower your cost basis. Don't have any? Now's your chance.

Will it go down further? Maybe. Will it go up again? Maybe. It's a gamble. I'm just sharing information of the opportunity.

Old 5 October 2019, 12:12 AM   #1254
smak
Banned

Quote:
Well... I still don't understand what Paul's point is, as there is nothing backing Bitcoin. An immutable network and mathematical constant don't mean anything in currency.

But back to our favorite topic, Heron Therapeutics, Inc, (HRTX) is down bigly today because they announced a supplemental public offering at $17.50 to pay for marketing their new drug after it is approved by the FDA. Folks, this is what is often referred to as a "buying opportunity". Already have some? Buy some more, lower your cost basis. Don't have any? Now's your chance.

Will it go down further? Maybe. Will it go up again? Maybe. It's a gamble. I'm just sharing information of the opportunity.
we're not talking currency but commodities.. stocks. speculation.

we all peg value on things differently, as Rolex afficionados i think we have unique perspective on that point. :)
Old 5 October 2019, 12:16 AM   #1255
m j b
"TRF" Member

Quote:

we all peg value on things differently, as Rolex afficionados i think we have unique perspective on that point. :)
True that.

Old 5 October 2019, 02:07 AM   #1256
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:

Good answer.

Ive got a new kid coming to work for me. Super smart kid.

Tells me yesterday I’d be better off just having him manage a crypto account for him. I responded that I don’t have balls.

Old 5 October 2019, 04:40 AM   #1257
BNA/LION
2024 Pledge Member

Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general

Quote:
Done buying stocks.

I agree that one Must have Money Managers for the bulk of their investments. However, I learned from my Mother to have a separate speculative account that you manage yourself. Enough that you won't stay up at night worrying if you lose it and enough to give you a good pop if you trade it right. So far so good for me...

Quote:

we all peg value on things differently, as Rolex aficionados i think we have unique perspective on that point. :)
I agree again. I like a little speculation in my life and a lot of TRF Members have a unique perspective on the value of things.

My Bottom Line is that I am Invested/Speculating on HRTX. If it hit I'll get a pop and I'll be extremely happy. If I lose it all then I will be bummed, likely reload my separate speculative account and keep placing bets.

Old 5 October 2019, 06:10 AM   #1258
77T
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Good answer.

Ive got a new kid coming to work for me. Super smart kid.

Tells me yesterday I’d be better off just having him manage a crypto account for him. I responded that I don’t have balls.

Seth - change all your passwords...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Does anyone really know what time it is?
Old 7 October 2019, 07:11 AM   #1259
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77T View Post
Seth - change all your passwords...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Ha. Good advice.

Old 7 October 2019, 07:12 AM   #1260
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
I agree that one Must have Money Managers for the bulk of their investments. However, I learned from my Mother to have a separate speculative account that you manage yourself. Enough that you won't stay up at night worrying if you lose it and enough to give you a good pop if you trade it right. So far so good for me...

I agree again. I like a little speculation in my life and a lot of TRF Members have a unique perspective on the value of things.

My Bottom Line is that I am Invested/Speculating on HRTX. If it hit I'll get a pop and I'll be extremely happy. If I lose it all then I will be bummed, likely reload my separate speculative account and keep placing bets.
I have that exact type of account.

I’m down 25%.

No sweat. Not selling. And I think long term all will be well. But still....

Closed Thread