The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Closed Thread

Old 3 January 2014, 05:00 PM   #271
Rolex40mm
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by drifter01 View Post
I know that I am not an admin here, nor do I have anything other than a membership. However, If I may, I'd like to ask we end the ongoing nation bashing. This country is third world, this country is full of scammers, this country sucks in one way or another... All countries have thier crooks, cons, scammers, and organized crime. No country is immune.
Certainly we all think our nation is better than others, but let's be honest...this is just opinion and we all have them. In this cased, Romania was the country the scammer was from, but it could just as easily be England, France, Russia, Japan, the USA, or anywhere else. I am proud to be an American Indian, but even we, as small a minority as we are, have our share of crooks and scammers.
So, in further posts and discussions, let's condemn the person rather than the country. All countries have thier good and bad points, but a con is a con regardless of his country of origin or residence.
Let's try to keep it as civil and cordial as we can here. We ae all family, and all families have thier black sheep, but we shouldn't blame a nation for the actions of a few indivisuals.

I've finished my rant and hope you all a great 2014.

Dave
I wanted to emphasize that we in the TRF community are all about protecting each other, and not necessarily the reputation of other countries. All of us have watches that cost more than cars, and we often buy, sell, and exchange them with each other online. This is a fragile situation for all, you see!

Political correctness is rampant in the U.S, and is jeopordizing our security. It is well known that a lot of faked watches on eBay come from Ukraine, Romania, and other of their neighbors. Since i am aware of these scams, i am just trying to warn my fellow TRFers to be apprehensive about dealing with these countries, just like i would. The guy just sent a $20,000 watch to Romania for Christ's sake. That's something i would never do, and am warning others to do the same. That's all.

I feel much safer shipping my Rolex to Buenos Aires, London, Hong Kong, or Sydney. These places earned their good reputation, and others didn't. Such is life. Deal with it, or be dealt with, I guess.
Old 3 January 2014, 06:27 PM   #272
Passionata
"TRF" Member

Watch: the girls
Quote:
Originally Posted by RollyUp View Post

Political correctness is rampant in the U.S, and is jeopordizing our security. It is well known that a lot of faked watches on eBay come from Ukraine, Romania, and other of their neighbors. .
Sir,are you serious?

All fake watches are made in China and shipped from HKG,some large fake dealers bring it to Europe and expedite from the UK.

I m really sorry this thread leads to somewhere what nobody wish to read maybe mods can close it before it hurts too many people.

"Also remember that feet don't get fat and a watch will always speak volumes." Robert Johnston
---------------------
*new*https://youtu.be/EljAF-uddhE *new *

http://youtu.be/ZmpLoO1Q8eQ
IG @passionata1
Old 3 January 2014, 07:50 PM   #273
Rolex40mm
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passionata View Post
Sir,are you serious?

All fake watches are made in China and shipped from HKG,some large fake dealers bring it to Europe and expedite from the UK.

I m really sorry this thread leads to somewhere what nobody wish to read maybe mods can close it before it hurts too many people.
Yes sir I am very serious. You are talking about completely fake watches that are made in China, and sold on the streets of LA and NY, which everyone knows they're fake. They are $50 Rolexes, mister.

I am talking about gold Patek Philippes and Vacheron Constantins, and other high end brands that are put together by watch butchers in East Europe. They contain fake movements, fake cases, and fake everything, which are passed as legitimate watches on eBay and other watch forums. Many of them are pocket watches from the early 1900's, that contain newer ETA movements, and transformed into wristwatches. You can go on eBay right now, type Patek Philippe, or IWC and place the roof price at $4000, you will see the monstrocities that come out of the Ukraine. They are priced between $2000-$4000, and are fooling tens of people everyday.

This thread is not leading anywhere, but to make people more careful about protecting their prized watches. With all due respect, you are not in the position to speak on behalf of other people on this thread.
Old 3 January 2014, 09:22 PM   #274
Passionata
"TRF" Member

Watch: the girls
^I see you politely skipped the italian connection

"Also remember that feet don't get fat and a watch will always speak volumes." Robert Johnston
---------------------
*new*https://youtu.be/EljAF-uddhE *new *

http://youtu.be/ZmpLoO1Q8eQ
IG @passionata1
Old 3 January 2014, 10:47 PM   #275
Vincent65
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kooltzar View Post
.........and to ilovethiscity: the biggest crooks and scammers are to be found in the UK, as the worst health system on earth as well...

...so before banging on others, clean your own doorstep!

what a total bunch of utter bollocks
Old 3 January 2014, 10:49 PM   #276
MonBK
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent65 View Post
what a total bunch of utter bollocks
x
Old 3 January 2014, 10:54 PM   #277
MonBK
Banned

I appreciate that nobody has started beating on my favorite country, Nigeria.

Even though most people there are extremly poor I have received numerous offers in the mail for huge sums of dollars which goes to show that generosity still exists.
Old 3 January 2014, 11:57 PM   #278
Vincent65
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonBK View Post

Even though most people there are extremly poor I have received numerous offers in the mail for huge sums of dollars which goes to show that generosity still exists.
My wife is originally from Nigeria, and she is often generous to a fault.
Old 4 January 2014, 01:58 AM   #279
MonBK
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent65 View Post
My wife is originally from Nigeria, and she is often generous to a fault.
Mine too.
Old 4 January 2014, 02:08 AM   #280
Baco Noir
"TRF" Member

Watch: this ya'll
I was surprised to see this threads was still rolling on since the OPs situation was resolved in his favor. Now I see why.

IMHO (and yes, it's worth what you paid for it) it is not necessary to tear others down to help people out. Anyone condemning an entire country for the actions of one or a few people should look at their own home country and see how that argument correlates.

When traveling abroad, I've meet people who hate the US due to the actions of our government and then those who still like American people but dislike the actions of our government. I'm with the latter and I believe it correlates to this situation as well.

My two cents and keep the change. IBTL
Current Collection: Rolex 126619LB, 116710BLNR, and 216570 polar Explorer II; Omega Apollo 8 Speedmaster and Planet Ocean 42; Tudor BB Bronze Bucherer Blue Edition; Nomos Neomatik 42; Breitling Aerospace, Avenger Blackbird, & SuperOcean 44; Doxa 300 Pro Carbon; Stowa Limette; Laco Napa Flieger; Mickey Mouse Timex Electric; and dare I say it...an Apple Watch too
Old 4 January 2014, 02:22 AM   #281
Porsche958
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1655
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baco Noir View Post
I was surprised to see this threads was still rolling on since the OPs situation was resolved in his favor. Now I see why.

IMHO (and yes, it's worth what you paid for it) it is not necessary to tear others down to help people out. Anyone condemning an entire country for the actions of one or a few people should look at their own home country and see how that argument correlates.

When traveling abroad, I've meet people who hate the US due to the actions of our government and then those who still like American people but dislike the actions of our government. I'm with the latter and I believe it correlates to this situation as well.

My two cents and keep the change. IBTL

It's still rolling because there are still 4 of us who are still out of our money...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 4 January 2014, 02:45 AM   #282
afnios1
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: IWC 371503 gst.
how comes and from the ''beware-Tony1[Alex]from Romania is a thief'' topic
you accuse countries,nations,citizens and pps out of this topic??????Whats the point of this topic?To harass the proudness of our country we all have?Is it a contest of''who is the worse?''
I am sorry gents,but few of you have cross the line.You should had try to help 5 members of this great forum to recover their money and/or watches,this is how you could help.
Back to the real topic now as i get involved on this,Ryan made to get his watch back,the rest of four guys has to deal with the authorities in their countries and in Romania,something that will take a long but with good chances for a happy end.
Last,but not least,Romanian authorities did try to help without having any official charge or report.
My 2 drahma
Old 4 January 2014, 03:04 AM   #283
Laszlo

Watch: Date & No Date
Well, there is truth behind this: Woman of Eastern Europe... Bulgaria and Hungaria come to mind... are totally hot!

Paul Henreid as Victor Laszlo in Casablanca
Old 4 January 2014, 03:35 AM   #284
MonBK
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laszlo View Post
Well, there is truth behind this: Woman of Eastern Europe... Bulgaria and Hungaria come to mind... are totally hot!
Sounds like your memory is failing.
Old 4 January 2014, 04:07 AM   #285
Laszlo

Watch: Date & No Date
Quote:
Sounds like your memory is failing.

Just a little bit.

Paul Henreid as Victor Laszlo in Casablanca
Old 4 January 2014, 09:15 AM   #286
Silverfever
"TRF" Member

Quote:

They are also the most active potential clients if you post something valuable for sale on Craigslist.
Old 4 January 2014, 08:20 PM   #287
Audemars Piguet
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by kooltzar View Post
I am into anti-counterfeiting and have a lot of enforcement experience in all eastern European countries including Romania. If you contact the right people with the right connections, things can get done almost everywhere. And: In Romania it works better than in other countries.
x2

Waisting time is just in the favour of the scammer.
Old 4 January 2014, 08:26 PM   #288
dysondiver
"TRF" Member

Watch: my fins
i do hope that after this weekend , when the holls are over , the proper results can happen im sure the others dont want to post exactly whats going on in any detail ,,, but i hope its going forwards towards a proper result.
Old 4 January 2014, 08:30 PM   #289
Audemars Piguet
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Old 5 January 2014, 01:20 AM   #290
Token74
"TRF" Member

Watch: Too many!
Having read the entire thread, I have a few comments:

Firstly, I'm pleased as punch it worked out ok for the OP.

Secondly, the country I love is too full and in many ways I'd love everyone to go home! However, one of my best friends is married to an Aussie, another is marrying a Polish lady who is an amazing woman, and I have some of Europe's most talented tattoo artists working for me from Poland, Sweden, and other places, so I guess there are two sides of any coin.

I see nothing wrong with publicly acknowledging poor law enforcement in some countries when based on fact, but there is everything wrong with using broad-brush statements of some nationalities; feel free to hold the opinions and make you own life choices based on these decisions, but stating them in a public forum just causes conflict and helps not.

Finally, I'm sure TRF us a very safe place to buy from the most trusted sellers, but it still carries some risk; the simple question I ask myself when doing anything with any level of risk is always, 'what if?'...and if I can answer that question to my own satisfaction, I will proceed, if not, I won't. I would urge everyone on here to ask themselves that question before any transaction, and ensure they answer their own question.

If this simple rule is followed, then there is little to fear from buying on here...I see incoming threads everyday following transactions with certain sellers on here, so I suggest it is working for most.

I on the other hand, can never answer the magic question to my satisfaction when it comes to watches. My favourite expression when it comes to money is 'money can buy you a nice bed, but it can't buy you a good nights sleep'.

I always buy from an AD. I am now poor! But I sleep well and that makes me happy!

Patek Philippe Nautilus 5990 - AP Royal Oak 15300 - AP Royal Oak 15450 Blue - AP Royal Oak 15450 Silver - AP Royal Oak Offshore 26480 - Royal Oak Offshore 15710 - Rolex Sea Dweller 116600 - Rolex Daytona 116519 - Rolex GMT 126710 BLRO - Omega Speedmaster Reduced - JLC Reverso GMT Moonphase - TAG Microtimer - Dent Pocket Watch - JLC Atmos Phases de lune
Old 5 January 2014, 02:45 AM   #291
TempoKing
Banned

Watch: Rolex GMT 1675
Hopefully we will have a good outcome for the other members scammed by Alex.
...and ya all please note...because of the particular country one is from..(?)
is not an indication that you will be scammed.

In my 40 years of trading with Rolex watches I was scammed
by at least 7 different nationalities ALL "friends"
...in Greece, America, Germany, Spain, Australia, England, Sweden etc.
...their economic situation changed and they saw fit to "bite" a friend...

In Greece we say...."The one you have most assisted turns to be the most ungratefull"

With that said...
I will not let these 7 idiots stop me from trading with the 3.000 great guys I know.

By the way
If you are doing a deal in South Florida (?) and you are in... Madagascar or outer Mongolia ...lol
I will be happy to do escrow for you... free of charge...to both seller and buyer
Old 5 January 2014, 11:09 AM   #292
bayerische
"TRF" Member

Watch: Smurf
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempoKing View Post
Hopefully we will have a good outcome for the other members scammed by Alex.
...and ya all please note...because of the particular country one is from..(?)
is not an indication that you will be scammed.

In my 40 years of trading with Rolex watches I was scammed
by at least 7 different nationalities ALL "friends"
...in Greece, America, Germany, Spain, Australia, England, Sweden etc.
...their economic situation changed and they saw fit to "bite" a friend...

In Greece we say...."The one you have most assisted turns to be the most ungratefull"

With that said...
I will not let these 7 idiots stop me from trading with the 3.000 great guys I know.

By the way
If you are doing a deal in South Florida (?) and you are in... Madagascar or outer Mongolia ...lol
I will be happy to do escrow for you... free of charge...to both seller and buyer

I'm glad there's no bad transactions with any Finns! I'd kick their *ss*s if they did scam you my friend!
Old 5 January 2014, 11:10 AM   #293
bayerische
"TRF" Member

I hope the outcome of the whole thread will be good!

TK, I'll be in Fort Lauderdale in about 1 month, care for a couple of beers?
Old 5 January 2014, 01:38 PM   #294
lapince
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5712
Ryan, really sorry to hear this, I am 43 and life has bought me one thing, always consider that the person you are dealing with is not an honest one, had I've been in your place, and considering the considerable amount of the transaction, I would have 100% taken a plane ticket and would have gone to Romania, especially knowing the huge amount of scams in Eastern european countries.

Very sorry for you, I can imagine the anger, I would be like crazy…

Good luck
Old 5 January 2014, 02:01 PM   #295
Audemars Piguet
"TRF" Member

Arnaud, Ryan just solved his issue, others involved are still affected now.
Old 5 January 2014, 02:48 PM   #296
lapince
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5712
When I buy a watch from another source than an AD, I have a very simple technique, tell the seller that we will go to an AD of the brand to have it authenticated, usually just after saying this it's the last you will hear of the scammer, disappears into thin air, happened twice already, for a Pam and a sub C, and in case the seller is ok, I do go to the AD, did it for my sub C, my 233, 82 and 28, even though the 82 was from a very reputed company, watches.de, since it's a "shadow case" Panerai, which means no box, no papers, no "Amerigo Vespucci engraving", no edition number (for example G850/1500, but of course a serial number, didn't want to take any chances.

Why take the slightest risk when a deal involves that kind of money? For the 82 and 217 (I bought both the same day but sold the 217, 47mm is way too big for me), I took a train from Paris to Frankfurt, the others I bought in Paris, Rolex authenticated the sub free of charge, same thing in Frankfurt for the Pam's, but for the 28 and 233 in the Paris Panerai shop I paid 150 euros for each.

I almost bought a Pam 36, which was for sale in New york, I was ready to fly there from Paris just for the authentification, but it was sold before I could get the whole summ to buy it.

Come on guys, we are talking about watches that cost thousands of dollars, why take the slightest risk, especially that when you say the magic words "go to an AD for verification and athentification", if the seller is a scammer, you won't hear from him again…

I consider my "technique" to be 100% accurate…

Also I have 2 bank accounts, one "normal", and one where I can't go under than 0 dollars, if any transaction, is above the summ that I have on my account the bank refuses it, so whenever buying on the net, or selling on the net, I always use this account, for example if I buy something for 2000$, I transfer 2000$ from my normal account to the special one...
Old 5 January 2014, 10:33 PM   #297
HL65
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: One on my wrist.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lapince View Post
When I buy a watch from another source than an AD, I have a very simple technique, tell the seller that we will go to an AD of the brand to have it authenticated, usually just after saying this it's the last you will hear of the scammer, disappears into thin air, happened twice already, for a Pam and a sub C, and in case the seller is ok, I do go to the AD, did it for my sub C, my 233, 82 and 28, even though the 82 was from a very reputed company, watches.de, since it's a "shadow case" Panerai, which means no box, no papers, no "Amerigo Vespucci engraving", no edition number (for example G850/1500, but of course a serial number, didn't want to take any chances.

Why take the slightest risk when a deal involves that kind of money? For the 82 and 217 (I bought both the same day but sold the 217, 47mm is way too big for me), I took a train from Paris to Frankfurt, the others I bought in Paris, Rolex authenticated the sub free of charge, same thing in Frankfurt for the Pam's, but for the 28 and 233 in the Paris Panerai shop I paid 150 euros for each.

I almost bought a Pam 36, which was for sale in New york, I was ready to fly there from Paris just for the authentification, but it was sold before I could get the whole summ to buy it.

Come on guys, we are talking about watches that cost thousands of dollars, why take the slightest risk, especially that when you say the magic words "go to an AD for verification and athentification", if the seller is a scammer, you won't hear from him again…

I consider my "technique" to be 100% accurate…

Also I have 2 bank accounts, one "normal", and one where I can't go under than 0 dollars, if any transaction, is above the summ that I have on my account the bank refuses it, so whenever buying on the net, or selling on the net, I always use this account, for example if I buy something for 2000$, I transfer 2000$ from my normal account to the special one...
I have a technique that is 100% accurate and far easier....When I don't buy from an AD I buy from one of the top, most reputable, and honorable gentlemen sellers here who I have known for years and trust 1000%!!! It works every time too and way more convenient than your technique!

SPEM SUCCESSUS ALIT
Old 5 January 2014, 10:47 PM   #298
Audemars Piguet
"TRF" Member

Old 5 January 2014, 10:54 PM   #299
bayerische
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerFan65 View Post
I have a technique that is 100% accurate and far easier....When I don't buy from an AD I buy from one of the top, most reputable, and honorable gentlemen sellers here who I have known for years and trust 1000%!!! It works every time too and way more convenient than your technique!
Much easier indeed!
Old 7 January 2014, 06:47 PM   #300
Conan435
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Explorer II
I just read this entire thread and it was an emotional rollercoaster! It has convinced me 100% to buy solely on TRF from trusted sellers and to definitely not buy elsewhere based on price or on eBay.

Has anyone else had any resolution other than birk1 ?
Closed Thread