The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 11 December 2023, 09:46 PM   #3181
salnuaimi
"TRF" Member

Available here in Dubai

Lovely one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
salnuaimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 December 2023, 10:10 PM   #3182
JR16
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchguyBR View Post
Anyone else on the waiting list also losing the interest in the watch after so long?

I pre-ordered mine on April 2022 with an ETA of 13 months or less. It's been 20 months and I have no expected delivery date.

At this point, I'm considering either giving up this watch or buying from grey dealers (price is pretty much the same, I just didn't do it because I ordered the 38.5mm version and I can only find the 40.5mm online).

Hang in there - I placed order in March 2022 and watch is currently in the process of being packaged and shipped. Was originally told August 2023, so looks like they are running 4-5 months behind. This was for the 40.5 though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
JR16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 December 2023, 10:22 PM   #3183
JR16
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heinb View Post
Here you go

Thanks.. for some reason link to pics are broken and can’t log in to TRF on browser because authentication not working right or set up blah blah.

Can you direct message me the pics if it’s not too much trouble ? Really appreciate it !

Old 12 December 2023, 12:42 AM   #3184
mongrelnomoad
2024 Pledge Member

Amazing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by salnuaimi View Post

Available here in Dubai

Lovely one

mongrelnomoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 December 2023, 01:26 AM   #3185
WatchguyBR
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacobkg View Post
What dial color(s) are you looking for? I’ve seen salmon dial 38.5mm floating around (new for msrp)
Thanks!

Salmon looks very good, but I was looking for the glacier/light blue - that's the one I pre-ordered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR16 View Post
Hang in there - I placed order in March 2022 and watch is currently in the process of being packaged and shipped. Was originally told August 2023, so looks like they are running 4-5 months behind. This was for the 40.5 though.

Thanks a lot for sharing! I hope mine is on it's way too.
WatchguyBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 December 2023, 03:04 AM   #3186
mikemargolis
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
I hope mine is on it's way too.
Please email me your name and order info, I can get a status for you

mike AT CCCCZZZZAAAAPPPPEEEEKKKK dot com
mikemargolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 December 2023, 12:23 PM   #3187
gm58
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mongrelnomoad View Post
Amazing.
This is one heck of a piece! Would assume all sold out by now? only limited to 25 as well
gm58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 December 2023, 02:50 AM   #3188
JR16
2024 Pledge Member

Just in time for the holidays!
Huge thanks to Mike who has been awesome throughout the process - super responsive especially when there were delays hearing back from Switzerland.

For those wondering - ordered march 2022, build date was August 2023 and received yesterday. 4 month delay not so bad (I assumed there would be delays so not such a big deal). Czapek was great with regards to making changes . Initially ordered the S then changed to the 40.5 (for reference, my wrist is 6.75”). Initially ordered the DI then changed to the 12. Also last minute changed color of rubber strap to grey.

Initial impressions- more beautiful in person than in pictures . At this price point bit a leap of faith ordering a watch sight unseen. At one point I had chance to try on a pre owned dark blue dial 40.5 (reason I changed from the S) but had never seen the glacier blue IRL obviously. It’s gorgeous and the applied indexes and 12 match perfectly. The mix of polished and matte steel on the case and bracelet are very much my style. And the flanks of the case on the 40.5 look really cool. The bezel and the crystal are well-executed. The bracelet is comfortable and the two on-the-fly adjustments on the deployant work well and are well thought-out. I don’t mind the small gap at the lugs where you see part of the quick change mechanism.

The bracelet was easy to size as long as you are comfortable with a watch screwdriver and have readers to see up close. The box the watch comes with has everything you need to size the bracelet and change that strap. It’s a cool box. I have not yet sized the rubber strap or attached it.

So for others out there who might be on the fence about ordering - it’s well worth the wait.

Old 17 December 2023, 04:07 AM   #3189
corky
"TRF" Member

Wow Santa emptied his sack early ��
corky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 December 2023, 04:52 AM   #3190
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Congrats JR16, looks great on your wrist

Love timepieces and want to become a Watchmaker? Rolex has a sensational school.
www.RolexWatchmakingTrainingCenter.com/

Sent from my Etch A Sketch using String Theory.
enjoythemusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 December 2023, 06:38 AM   #3191
Chiboy
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by corky View Post
Wow Santa emptied his sack early ��
Maybe I have a dirty mind, but...........nevermind.
Old 17 December 2023, 07:06 AM   #3192
EEpro
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiboy View Post

No I was right there with you. Great Mrs Claus thought bubble comment.
Old 17 December 2023, 12:37 PM   #3193
mikemargolis
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR16 View Post

Huge thanks to Mike who has been awesome throughout the process - super responsive especially when there were delays hearing back from Switzerland.
Glad to help, wear it in the best of health!
Old 17 December 2023, 05:31 PM   #3194
corky
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiboy View Post
Double entendres are great though eh?
corky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 December 2023, 09:01 AM   #3195
mikemargolis
2024 Pledge Member

Wishing all of you a wonderful holiday!
Old 23 January 2024, 11:23 PM   #3196
mikemargolis
2024 Pledge Member

Quiet here lately.

Watches & Wonders is only 10 weeks away.

What would you like to see us introduce?
Old 23 January 2024, 11:41 PM   #3197
WatchguyBR
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemargolis View Post
Quiet here lately.

Antarctique diver (rotating bezel, 300m WR)

Perpetual Antarctique sub-13mm
WatchguyBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2024, 08:32 AM   #3198
charger_vital
"TRF" Member

Watch: LF Sport & Pepsi
Quote:
Quiet here lately.

Dual time please.

charger_vital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2024, 08:54 AM   #3199
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Antarctique diver (rotating bezel, 300m WR)

Perpetual Antarctique sub-13mm
Oooh, both nice choices

Love timepieces and want to become a Watchmaker? Rolex has a sensational school.
www.RolexWatchmakingTrainingCenter.com/

Sent from my Etch A Sketch using String Theory.
enjoythemusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2024, 09:21 AM   #3200
ap1
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by charger_vital View Post
Dual time please.

Plus one - I think we asked a few months back so it must be in production.
ap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 January 2024, 04:23 AM   #3201
Gebbeth
"TRF" Member

Dual Time would be nice. Would love to see an annual and/or perpetual calendar model.
Gebbeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 January 2024, 05:43 AM   #3202
mikemargolis
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ap1 View Post
Plus one - I think we asked a few months back so it must be in production.
Absolutely, it only takes a few months to produce a new movement!

Old 25 January 2024, 05:48 AM   #3203
Chiboy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Absolutely, it only takes a few months to produce a new movement!

Maybe a perpetual split second chronograph in your spare time?
Old 25 January 2024, 06:40 AM   #3204
AltiTudor
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Quiet here lately.

New versions of the faubourg de cracovie please!
AltiTudor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 January 2024, 02:57 AM   #3205
Patek_collector
"TRF" Member

antartique tourbillon
Patek_collector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 January 2024, 05:34 AM   #3206
Schweinwerfer
"TRF" Member

I have fallen out of love with Czapek. Returned my Antarctique. I'm done with the brand. Basically, it's a one trick pony. All they do is rinse and repeat.
Even if they don't compare, I feel that the CW 12 was the final nail in the coffin. Ever since the Antarctique feels just so... generic.
For that kind of pedigree they charge some absurd prices.
Schweinwerfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 January 2024, 10:31 AM   #3207
Chrasmus
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schweinwerfer View Post
I have fallen out of love with Czapek. Returned my Antarctique. I'm done with the brand. Basically, it's a one trick pony. All they do is rinse and repeat.
Even if they don't compare, I feel that the CW 12 was the final nail in the coffin. Ever since the Antarctique feels just so... generic.
For that kind of pedigree they charge some absurd prices.
I am so surprised to hear your view, but it does sound like the CW may be the better choice for you. I love everything about the Antarctique, especially that amazing movement, and the ability to quickly change straps. Do you get what you pay for? I don’t know! CW makes some great watches at very attractive prices, but in my view the Antarctique is competing on a much higher level with the likes of the Chopard Alpine Eagle XPS and various H Mosers.
Chrasmus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 January 2024, 04:24 PM   #3208
Schweinwerfer
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrasmus View Post
I am so surprised to hear your view, but it does sound like the CW may be the better choice for you. I love everything about the Antarctique, especially that amazing movement, and the ability to quickly change straps. Do you get what you pay for? I don’t know! CW makes some great watches at very attractive prices, but in my view the Antarctique is competing on a much higher level with the likes of the Chopard Alpine Eagle XPS and various H Mosers.
I have several full PM watches and Czapek will offer one, too. It will be priced at 68k. Same price as a 5811. I feel they should not charge more than a PM Rolex. But that's just me.
I find the proportions are odd, too much dial real estate. Bracelet is kinda flimsy. The variant with the 12 instead of hour markers has slightly better proportions. The movement is cool but finishing is not on par with Patek, even though the price point is the same.
CW is a good beater. I would wear it on a trip to some south American slums where Ap or rolex or Pp can't be worn.
The Alpine Eagle is very uninspired and ugly in my book. Would never consider it. Moser is heads and shoulders above Czapek.
Old 26 January 2024, 06:52 PM   #3209
AlyRba
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schweinwerfer View Post
I have several full PM watches and Czapek will offer one, too. It will be priced at 68k. Same price as a 5811. I feel they should not charge more than a PM Rolex. But that's just me.
I find the proportions are odd, too much dial real estate. Bracelet is kinda flimsy. The variant with the 12 instead of hour markers has slightly better proportions. The movement is cool but finishing is not on par with Patek, even though the price point is the same.
CW is a good beater. I would wear it on a trip to some south American slums where Ap or rolex or Pp can't be worn.
The Alpine Eagle is very uninspired and ugly in my book. Would never consider it. Moser is heads and shoulders above Czapek.
Aesthetics are subjective. You are entitled as a collector to prefer Moser (Streamliner) over likes of Alpine Eagle XPS and Antarctique at the $20k-25k range. You are also right to point out few shortcomings in the Antarctique for the asking retail price (flimsy bracelet connection, lack of chamfers, and Rhodium indices instead of WG indices).

However, to say that CW 12 is a suitable alternative to the Antarctique is a disservice to the Czapek brand. CW 12 is finished like a $1k watch, nothing more, and Antarctique is easily a luxury tier watch that although may be better priced at $20k instead of $25k as an overall package, is not a direct comparison to the 12. By your logic, people should be choosing offerings from Bell & Ross and Baume & Mercier over the likes of AP and Patek.

The Alpine Eagle XPS, aesthetics aside, is the best value currently in the luxury sports watch category. It blows both the Streamliner and Antarctique out of the water in terms of overall package (LUC movement over the rather plain HMC 200 and finished close to the level of the Antarctique movement, WG indices, and Lucent steel that has WG type of sheen). Not to mention that the design will age better than the Streamliner (a subjective call) and the bracelet to case integration is smooth. The watch feels more robust than the Antarctique. The AE XPS bracelet is also bettered by only the Royal Oak bracelet in terms of finishing (Royal Oak being the industry standard and $5.5k more expensive than the AE XPS). All of these are observable facts once you handle all of the offerings in the $20k-$28k price range. After the Royal Oak 15510, AE XPS comes second for me over the likes of Streamliner, Antarctique, and Overseas as an overall package.
AlyRba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 January 2024, 09:16 PM   #3210
Schweinwerfer
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlyRba View Post
Aesthetics are subjective. You are entitled as a collector to prefer Moser (Streamliner) over likes of Alpine Eagle XPS and Antarctique at the $20k-25k range. You are also right to point out few shortcomings in the Antarctique for the asking retail price (flimsy bracelet connection, lack of chamfers, and Rhodium indices instead of WG indices).

However, to say that CW 12 is a suitable alternative to the Antarctique is a disservice to the Czapek brand. CW 12 is finished like a $1k watch, nothing more, and Antarctique is easily a luxury tier watch that although may be better priced at $20k instead of $25k as an overall package, is not a direct comparison to the 12. By your logic, people should be choosing offerings from Bell & Ross and Baume & Mercier over the likes of AP and Patek.

The Alpine Eagle XPS, aesthetics aside, is the best value currently in the luxury sports watch category. It blows both the Streamliner and Antarctique out of the water in terms of overall package (LUC movement over the rather plain HMC 200 and finished close to the level of the Antarctique movement, WG indices, and Lucent steel that has WG type of sheen). Not to mention that the design will age better than the Streamliner (a subjective call) and the bracelet to case integration is smooth. The watch feels more robust than the Antarctique. The AE XPS bracelet is also bettered by only the Royal Oak bracelet in terms of finishing (Royal Oak being the industry standard and $5.5k more expensive than the AE XPS). All of these are observable facts once you handle all of the offerings in the $20k-$28k price range. After the Royal Oak 15510, AE XPS comes second for me over the likes of Streamliner, Antarctique, and Overseas as an overall package.
I hear ya but just check out what other brands offer for 10k
https://www.horage.com/autark-tourbillon
This seems more than decent and the bracelet likely is better, than the Antarctiques.
I think Czapek will never arrive where they wanted to be..
Other than the name and its legacy as well as the openness about supply chains, what can Czapek offer?
New dial variants and the umpteenth LE, maybe.

Concerning the CW12, I don't say it could hold a candle compared to the Antarctique. I just think it's at least suspicious that it looks so similar to czapeks watch. So similar, that the Antarctique is devaluated due to its existence.

What im observing is that Antarctique is half dead. There are 82 listings on Chrono. That's maybe like 30 percent of the whole bunch ever produced. And they're listed below retail.