The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 3 July 2023, 05:20 PM   #301
thewolfofmiddlesex
"TRF" Member

IMG_20230703_081908.jpg
Be kind. Everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.
thewolfofmiddlesex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 July 2023, 10:30 PM   #302
Benzsiam
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/AP/PP/ALS
After I wear this smoky green for a week, I really love it. I think it looks better and classier than the bright green. It will shows more green when pair it with green strap.
Rolex: 116621, 126333, 126711CHNR, 114060, 116500LN White, 126660 JC, 126710BLNR, 126710BLRO, 116610LV, 126610LN, 126610LV, 116508 YG Green Dial, 124300 Turquoise, 126719BLRO Meteorite dial, 228235 Olive dial ,126755SARU, 116505 RG Black dial, 326934 Blue Sky D.
Audemars Piguet: 15451ST Blue, 15500OR w/Bracelet, 14790SA, 14790BA, 26022BC(Salmon) Patek Philippe: 5524R, 5712G, ALS: Time Zone 136.032, Cartier: WGSA0030, WSSA0061, YG Oct. 2965, Carree 2961, Breguet: 7137BA, MontBlanc: 109996"
Benzsiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 July 2023, 12:14 AM   #303
buddenfan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzsiam View Post
After I wear this smoky green for a week, I really love it. I think it looks better and classier than the bright green. It will shows more green when pair it with green strap.
Post some more with it!
buddenfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 July 2023, 11:19 AM   #304
Benzsiam
2024 Pledge Member

I have one picture when pair with green strap, sorry for the dirty watch (a lot of finger print).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Cartier WSSA0061-7.jpg (106.1 KB, 551 views)
Rolex: 116621, 126333, 126711CHNR, 114060, 116500LN White, 126660 JC, 126710BLNR, 126710BLRO, 116610LV, 126610LN, 126610LV, 116508 YG Green Dial, 124300 Turquoise, 126719BLRO Meteorite dial, 228235 Olive dial ,126755SARU, 116505 RG Black dial, 326934 Blue Sky D.
Audemars Piguet: 15451ST Blue, 15500OR w/Bracelet, 14790SA, 14790BA, 26022BC(Salmon) Patek Philippe: 5524R, 5712G, ALS: Time Zone 136.032, Cartier: WGSA0030, WSSA0061, YG Oct. 2965, Carree 2961, Breguet: 7137BA, MontBlanc: 109996"
Old 6 July 2023, 03:34 AM   #305
CNY
"TRF" Member

Watch: Lange
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddenfan View Post
I have the Carree and its my favorite watch ever
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shmoopy View Post
I recently had Cartier restore this. I actually am wearing it far more than I thought I would. It was my dad’s daily, so it means the world to me.

Funny enough, this watch gets by far the most comments/compliments of my entire collection. I believe most in this shape were quartz, but this one is automatic. I know my dad purchased it through a friends AD in Hong Kong in the 80s.
Cheers - those are absolutely fantastic. I almost snagged a 2319 grey dial SIHH limited, but it sold while I started down the rabbit hole

Maybe it's time to beg Cartier to do a NSO...
CNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 July 2023, 03:47 AM   #306
Spartan2009
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzsiam View Post
I have one picture when pair with green strap, sorry for the dirty watch (a lot of finger print).
Congratulations. Got to see this beauty at the Cartier boutique this past weekend. I was originally leaning towards the two tone large Santos. Now I think this will be the Cartier that I will add to my collection.
Spartan2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 July 2023, 11:20 PM   #307
Benzsiam
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan2009 View Post
Congratulations. Got to see this beauty at the Cartier boutique this past weekend. I was originally leaning towards the two tone large Santos. Now I think this will be the Cartier that I will add to my collection.
Thanks and hope you get one soon.
Old 7 July 2023, 10:07 AM   #308
Shmoopy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Love it! How long did Carter take to restore? What did they charge to restore and lastly what exactly did they restore?

Thanks! I originally wanted to just add a couple links to it. I went to numerous Cartier stores trying to find them. This was before I joined TRF. I sweet-talked Cartier Beverly Hills into giving me one with my sob story about it being my father’s watch.

I installed it and it was still too tight. Cartier BH didn’t have a second one, and warned me that it would be very difficult to find another one.

For the next several years, I would pop into Cartier stores around the world trying to find a link. It got to a point where I asked one location (I think it was Cannes, but can’t remember) for it, and they told me to give me a day they would ask corporate. Corporate apparently told them to tell me that they don’t have any for sale, and they are aware of my efforts to try to obtain one by visiting shops around the globe. Lol.

Fast forward to me establishing a relationship with a Rolex AD who sold Cartier. I decided to have the watch restored. They sent it to Geneva, and I got the first estimate, which mentioned servicing as the only requirement, with lots of optional stuff like refinishing dial, new bezel, new bracelet and new crystal.

There was a note that they were offering me a substantial discount on a new bracelet, as my rep had told them that I was the guy going around the world asking for links lol. (With this “geste commercial” the bracelet was around $1,400.)

I approved all the work except for the new bezel, as the bezel alone was around $1,900.

I got the watch back and it looked spectacular, except for this scratched, janky and polished-down bezel. I looked at my SA (who was the manager as well) and she just shook her head at me, knowing that I was about to send it back to have the bezel changed.

I’m glad I did, even if Cartier corp wants to smother me in my sleep. All in, it was around $3,800

Sorry for making y’all read this novel!

Here’s a pic of mine with my mom’s. Hers is also automatic, purchased at the Cartier store in the lobby of the Intercontinental in Paris in the early 80’s.

Funny enough, both of my uncles on different sides of the family also wore Santos, but the square one. My brother inherited one of them, but he is not into watches. I’m going to work on that one next.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Shmoopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 July 2023, 12:15 AM   #309
Dino944
"TRF" Member

Watch: Batman, Kermit
Quote:
Thanks! I originally wanted to just add a couple links to it. I went to numerous Cartier stores trying to find them. This was before I joined TRF. I sweet-talked Cartier Beverly Hills into giving me one with my sob story about it being my father’s watch.

I installed it and it was still too tight. Cartier BH didn’t have a second one, and warned me that it would be very difficult to find another one.

For the next several years, I would pop into Cartier stores around the world trying to find a link. It got to a point where I asked one location (I think it was Cannes, but can’t remember) for it, and they told me to give me a day they would ask corporate. Corporate apparently told them to tell me that they don’t have any for sale, and they are aware of my efforts to try to obtain one by visiting shops around the globe. Lol.

Fast forward to me establishing a relationship with a Rolex AD who sold Cartier. I decided to have the watch restored. They sent it to Geneva, and I got the first estimate, which mentioned servicing as the only requirement, with lots of optional stuff like refinishing dial, new bezel, new bracelet and new crystal.

There was a note that they were offering me a substantial discount on a new bracelet, as my rep had told them that I was the guy going around the world asking for links lol. (With this “geste commercial” the bracelet was around $1,400.)

I approved all the work except for the new bezel, as the bezel alone was around $1,900.

I got the watch back and it looked spectacular, except for this scratched, janky and polished-down bezel. I looked at my SA (who was the manager as well) and she just shook her head at me, knowing that I was about to send it back to have the bezel changed.

I’m glad I did, even if Cartier corp wants to smother me in my sleep. All in, it was around $3,800

Here’s a pic of mine with my mom’s. Hers is also automatic, purchased at the Cartier store in the lobby of the Intercontinental in Paris in the early 80’s.

Funny enough, both of my uncles on different sides of the family also wore Santos, but the square one. My brother inherited one of them, but he is not into watches. I’m going to work on that one next.

Great story! I love that Cartier was aware that you are going around the world looking for extra bracelet links!

So glad to see that you saved both a piece of your family's watch history.
Dino944 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 July 2023, 09:23 PM   #310
buddenfan
Banned

Just got this in yesterday. Limited to 2,000 pcs made in 2000 for SIHH
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg IMG_2645.jpeg (67.9 KB, 439 views)
Old 8 July 2023, 09:25 PM   #311
buddenfan
Banned

His and Her’s from my dealer
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg IMG_2658.jpeg (137.9 KB, 452 views)
Old 8 July 2023, 11:59 PM   #312
Shmoopy
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Looks great. Congratulations!

Shmoopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 July 2023, 12:39 AM   #313
CNY
"TRF" Member

Quote:
So you're the one that beat me to that listing! I was wondering if it would pop up here...

Looks absolutely fantastic - mind sharing a wrist / lume shot?
Old 9 July 2023, 12:42 AM   #314
CNY
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Stories like that are what make the hobby fun :thumbsup. I went through a similar journey for my father's IWC, except we never ended up finding a bracelet replacement.
Old 9 July 2023, 09:50 AM   #315
buddenfan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNY View Post
So you're the one that beat me to that listing! I was wondering if it would pop up here...

Looks absolutely fantastic - mind sharing a wrist / lume shot?
The one from Chrono24 in Taiwan? Ended up getting it from the guy for 7k and not paying Chrono fees haha. Finessed the situation
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg IMG_2679.jpeg (49.1 KB, 420 views)
File Type: jpeg IMG_2675.jpeg (85.6 KB, 413 views)
File Type: jpeg IMG_2678.jpeg (71.4 KB, 416 views)
File Type: jpeg IMG_2680.jpeg (73.7 KB, 414 views)
File Type: jpeg IMG_2682.jpeg (75.4 KB, 414 views)
File Type: jpeg IMG_2684.jpeg (68.3 KB, 418 views)
Old 9 July 2023, 10:04 AM   #316
huncho
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:

this is really cool. so cartier is still able to provide new bracelets for vintage models?
huncho is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 9 July 2023, 10:31 AM   #317
huncho
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
The one from Chrono24 in Taiwan? Ended up getting it from the guy for 7k and not paying Chrono fees haha. Finessed the situation
the proportions on these are so perfect. i also picked up a 2961 recently to see how it wears and if i like it, although it's not as mint as yours as you can tell the bracelets been polished at some point. the fit is perfect though and i reached out to the dealer telling them to let me know if they find a mint one and i'll gladly upgrade

they also had a near mint full gold one which was sold and waiting for the customer to pick it up. amazing watch in person and heavy as hell, definitely wanna get one eventually but i would like prices to come down a bit first. i believe it was sold for low 20s

huncho is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 9 July 2023, 12:05 PM   #318
buddenfan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by huncho View Post
the proportions on these are so perfect. i also picked up a 2961 recently to see how it wears and if i like it, although it's not as mint as yours as you can tell the bracelets been polished at some point. the fit is perfect though and i reached out to the dealer telling them to let me know if they find a mint one and i'll gladly upgrade

they also had a near mint full gold one which was sold and waiting for the customer to pick it up. amazing watch in person and heavy as hell, definitely wanna get one eventually but i would like prices to come down a bit first. i believe it was sold for low 20s

Agreed on proportions! My favorite iterations of the Santos. That gold carree is my grail. Im waiting to find it in near mint condition. I am also contemplating getting the super rare ice blue dial
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg IMG_2658.jpeg (137.9 KB, 415 views)
Old 10 July 2023, 12:35 AM   #319
CNY
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Ha- yeah that guy. That’s 29mm wide, right? Fits great.
Old 10 July 2023, 12:43 AM   #320
buddenfan
Banned

Quote:
Ha- yeah that guy. That’s 29mm wide, right? Fits great.
Yep 29mm old school size but my preferred Santos size.

I sent him a photo on chrono24 with my email and IG handle so that we can negotiate outside of Chrono and not pay their crazy fees
Old 10 July 2023, 01:19 AM   #321
CNY
"TRF" Member

Smart move. I’m now debating that exact piece and a 36mm Royal Oak.
Old 10 July 2023, 01:31 PM   #322
buddenfan
Banned

Quote:
Smart move. I’m now debating that exact piece and a 36mm Royal Oak.
Honestly I was never a fan of the Royal Oaks. I’d take this rare Galbee, a gold Carree and two tone Carree anyday
Old 10 July 2023, 11:37 PM   #323
buddenfan
Banned

Anyone know why the middle Eastern santos green dial with arabic numerals is fetching for double what the US version is going for?
Old 11 July 2023, 01:11 AM   #324
Dino944
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Anyone know why the middle Eastern santos green dial with arabic numerals is fetching for double what the US version is going for?
I thought that was a limited edition. While what is being sold in the US is a standard production model.
Old 21 July 2023, 12:56 PM   #325
dajark
"TRF" Member

Watch: PAM 111, DJ16233
[IMG][/IMG]

I love this thread. Picked this up a few weeks ago and paired it with the blue rubber strap.
dajark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 July 2023, 05:07 AM   #326
7sins
"TRF" Member

Put the new green santos on the cartier black rubber strap, absolutely love it and incredibly comfortable. Highly recommend for anyone looking to make their Santos a bit sportier.

Richard Mille RG RM030 || Richard Mille RM72ti || AP 26240 50TH Green Royal Oak Chrono || AP Royal Oak Blue JUMBO SS 15202ST || AP ROO Diver Green 15720ST || ♕ Rolex Platinum Daytona Diamond 116506 || Cartier Santos
7sins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 July 2023, 01:18 AM   #327
Dino944
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7sins View Post
Put the new green santos on the cartier black rubber strap, absolutely love it and incredibly comfortable. Highly recommend for anyone looking to make their Santos a bit sportier.
It's a great option, especially in the summer. I bought the same rubber strap for my blue dial Santos and it's fantastic. It looks great and is very comfortable.

Old 25 July 2023, 05:05 AM   #328
buddenfan
Banned

Quote:

Was that black rubber band an option instead of a green alligator?
Old 25 July 2023, 05:22 AM   #329
wisemenofgotham
"TRF" Member

Picked up the Santos Large to go along with my 18k rose gold Tank Americaine Large, waiting on a few straps:

wisemenofgotham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 July 2023, 06:57 AM   #330
rjd1
"TRF" Member

Watch: Can't pick just 1
Quote:

I just did the exact same thing - loving it!
rjd1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cartier , santos