The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 10 September 2023, 09:11 AM   #301
Ontime
Banned

Its always a Rolex before anything else, i guess that's why you wear yours more often.
Ontime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 September 2023, 09:13 AM   #302
TimeAZ
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex & Tudor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollieo View Post
These two don’t belong in the same sentence, unless it’s to “settle” for an Omega. From a product standpoint, Omega still makes watches that are too thick. A lot of their marketing is “gimmicky” (all those limited editions, Bond association). And market value isn’t there, simply because demand isn’t either.

The more you see the different brands out there, the more you appreciate Rolex. They make a far superior watch. Perfect proportions, and no cost spared in any area (ie you see a lot of manufacturers cheap out on the bracelet or the clasp). Rolex is associated with real world achievements, and value retention is second to none.
Yup! Completely agree with you.
Old 10 September 2023, 09:52 AM   #303
Gotgolf52
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona 116520
Omega make great watch but not the same level of Rolex though.
Gotgolf52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 September 2023, 10:10 AM   #304
JSCP
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex PM’s/Patek
well you can do this…
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg IMG_6808.jpeg (165.6 KB, 162 views)
DD40 RG/Sundust-Roman;DD40YG/White/Roman;DD40 WG/Olive;Daytona RG;Sub Black YG; Daytona Panda; Celebration 41; GMT-II’s: Left VTNR; GRNR; Batman; SkyDweller SSJubilee/Black; SUB no-date; Oysterquartz SS; DJ SS 36mm’87; Cartier: Roadster YG;Santos YG; Panther YG; Panther SS; Tank’73 YG, Tank must 2023 ;Tank Americaine YG;BulgariBB38mm/YG
JSCP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10 September 2023, 10:18 AM   #305
JohnGingerwood
2024 Pledge Member

I love Omega but Rolex is a step above. I prefer a speedmaster over a daytona though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JohnGingerwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 September 2023, 06:19 PM   #306
INC
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 17000B, B+W
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garry1 View Post
Over production and marketing could be their major problem IMO, the production of different models in short period is one factor they need to do better, Rolex has a better production and marketing strategy.
In contrary, the difference is that Omega makes as much watches as much the people needs. They sell all of their products. To compare this, Rolex makes a shortage on supply, so this way creates an artifical need for their watches. To be honest, in a long term I can't decide which marketing strategy will be the better, but nowadays the "winner" tag goes to Rolex.
INC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 September 2023, 12:18 AM   #307
Know1isgod
"TRF" Member

Rolex releases colorful OP 41's. What does Omega do? "Aqua Terra Shades" at 38.5mm (should have been at least 40). Then delays release for over a year to fix date window frame so no one could buy one anyway. By the time they were available, hype was gone. Same thing with the Speedy 57 Red. Only place you could see was on website for over a year.

Makes sense their biggest seller is a cheap watch you can't purchase in an Omega Boutique anyway and it's not even an Omega per se. Say what you want about Tudor, but at least Rolex seems to know where they are trying to go with it (Opaline GMT, new BB41's with jubilee bracelets...) Not sure Swatch Group has an actual strategy for Omega that drives traffic into an OB and not to a Swatch store.
Know1isgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 September 2023, 01:32 AM   #308
2thdock
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: SD43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giovannibravo View Post
I don't think you can compare the bezel action between a 300m co-axial and a Submariner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Have to agree, my SD43 bezel turns smooth and easy , the Seamaster is hard to grasp and turn. I rarely turn the bezel though. I tried it after reading your post