The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 8 May 2022, 04:55 AM   #3781
77T
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Well…the first race of weekend (W Series) has exposed some problems for incident clean-ups.

They race in F3 trim and one car punched a hole in TekPro, then annoying telehandler skills couldn’t get car off track without 100% blockage, then tagged wall with hoisted racecar, took off front wing, nobody scrambles with a new block of TekPro, so….

Red Flag

Long delay in Miami sunshine and heat.

Remember when I put out the call for telehandler drivers? I guess we didn’t get really good volunteers.

It could be same song tomorrow - so the bets on R/F’s & SC’s may be on the low end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Does anyone really know what time it is?
77T is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 8 May 2022, 05:44 AM   #3782
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77T View Post
Remember when I put out the call for telehandler drivers? I guess we didn’t get really good volunteers.

Nice concerts lined up. If all else fails, you got to hear some music and fun at SoBeach. Have Tiesto DJ during SC and Red Flag events.

On the last lap have the below performer rise up from a hidden stage and start singing... It's ain't a true Miami party without....

Unless you're going Old School. Then full LIVE band... this would be EPIC!!!

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow! What a Ride!'” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Sent from my Etch A Sketch using String Theory.
enjoythemusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 May 2022, 07:32 AM   #3783
jatco

Watch: 116233/79190
Quote:
Originally Posted by enjoythemusic View Post

Nice concerts lined up. If all else fails, you got to hear some music and fun at SoBeach. Have Tiesto DJ during SC and Red Flag events.

On the last lap have the below performer rise up from a hidden stage and start singing... It's ain't a true Miami party without....

Unless you're going Old School. Then full LIVE band... this would be EPIC!!!

'Coz the Rhythm is gonna getcha ...!

' A Crown for every achievement '
jatco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 May 2022, 08:55 AM   #3784
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

The track and surrounding campus is epic. They reeeeeally deserve a lot of, A LOT of credit for the design and implementation.

Vegas has a lot to live up to

Quote:
Originally Posted by jatco View Post
'Coz the Rhythm is gonna getcha ...!
Hialeah would explode in the celebration too!
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow! What a Ride!'” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Old 8 May 2022, 12:43 PM   #3785
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
The drivers seem to think there’s only one viable racing line and everything off that is zero traction. Is that common on other “street” circuits or is this track a total piece of crap?
Old 9 May 2022, 03:25 AM   #3786
77T

In the 2 support races already completed this weekend there has been plenty of passing. Turns 11 & 17 have been key zones.

I think there will be clag off-line like any track - marbles and Pirelli worms. The surface is gritty off-line as the limestone in the aggregate is abraded lap after lap.

But this happens at any track.

There has been a need to patch 2 large areas in Turn 17 and some smaller places in other turns. But they are in the racing line where the softer compound has lifted some stuff around the seams.

Old 9 May 2022, 05:08 AM   #3787
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Note to F1, I loooooove love love Martin, but he's a bit awkward in Miami. Again, love him big time.

Miami, pleeeease make me proud!

PS: Give Martin a three-week vacay in Miami

Added: RMille and Pharrell get Martin time :)

Old 9 May 2022, 05:13 AM   #3788
texasmade
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP RO 15400, FOIS
Quote:
Originally Posted by enjoythemusic View Post
Note to F1, I loooooove love love Martin, but he's a bit awkward in Miami. Again, love him big time.

Miami, pleeeease make me proud!

PS: Give Martin a three-week vacay in Miami

Added: RMille and Pharrell get Martin time :)
Lol, Martin Brundle was like "Patrick!!" thinking he was talking to Patrick Mahomes. It was Paulo Banchero from Duke.
texasmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 May 2022, 07:27 AM   #3789
Goin2drt
Banned

Another perfect example as all the experts say here the best car won the race today, certainly not the best driver.
Goin2drt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 May 2022, 07:49 AM   #3790
Uggi
Banned

Who was that comical interviewer who kept called all the drivers “baby”? He was totally cringeworthy.
At one point he told Max V that “the whole world is celebrating” - as both Ferrari drivers were stood 10 yards away.
Very amateurish - but funny.
Uggi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 May 2022, 08:40 AM   #3791
RRGHOST1
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex TT SubC Blue
Can't stand anything to do with Red Bull,Sky Sports always have Christian Horner at anytime during the race. Why don't we hear from other Team Principals instead of moaning Horner. I don't consider anything the corrupt FIA come out with is worth listening to.
Old 9 May 2022, 08:59 AM   #3792
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

I'm telling ya', Formula 4 racing rocks!

Old 9 May 2022, 09:04 AM   #3793
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasmade View Post
Lol, Martin Brundle was like "Patrick!!" thinking he was talking to Patrick Mahomes. It was Paulo Banchero from Duke.
I totally feel for Martin, and bet his 'earpiece' tells him "to your left is Mr..."

On the American feed the young lady was doing well, but she had known guests planned ahead of time I bet with Pablo Montoya, etc.

Big party in Miami tonight... and next weekend... and the next....

Old 9 May 2022, 09:53 AM   #3794
austinp
"TRF" Member

I really enjoyed the race. Whoever built that track should be very proud of themselves. Well done Miami.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
austinp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 May 2022, 10:55 AM   #3795
77T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uggi View Post
Who was that comical interviewer

Willy T. Ribbs
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Willy_T._Ribbs

And I think Willy had a Cuba Libre or Mojito or 3 beforehand Bayebee

Old 9 May 2022, 11:11 AM   #3796
walds11
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by austinp View Post
I really enjoyed the race. Whoever built that track should be very proud of themselves. Well done Miami.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This

Here’s to at least 9 more Miami GPs
Old 9 May 2022, 11:41 AM   #3797
denmanproject
"TRF" Member

Russell grabs another top 5 finish

Not a great day for McLaren
denmanproject is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 May 2022, 09:16 PM   #3798
uscmatt99
"TRF" Member

Great race. I felt bad for Lando Norris but at least it made for some excitement during the last several laps. Max will be tough to beat this year.
uscmatt99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 May 2022, 09:45 PM   #3799
SDGT3
"TRF" Member

Watch: SD43 Daytona Blusy
Race was a bit boring up until the SC period and credit to LeClerc for being super close to Max after the restart but even with DRS, the Ferrari is no match for the RB down the straights.

Gutted that Mick wasn't able to secure his first points of the year but conversely, Alex Albon scoring yet again in the Williams was nice to see.

After a subpar qualifying session for his standards, Young George made the best of it and again finishes in the top 5. Yes, he may have been a bit lucky with the SC, but luck is the convergence of preparation and opportunity as he and his race engineer discussed saving tires just for that possibility.

What do others think about the race "weekend" aside from the actual race? The track configuration delivered IMO with more mistakes from good drivers than expected and good overtake opportunities.

From what I'm gauging, the American fans liked the pre-race with Martin Brundle as well as the post race interview, but others in Europe and around the globe thought it was very cringe worthy. Personally, I thought Brundle made the best he could of the situation that was an overcrowded circus on the grid and the post race interviews were not good at all.
SDGT3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 May 2022, 10:03 PM   #3800
Uggi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDGT3 View Post
Race was a bit boring up until the SC period and credit to LeClerc for being super close to Max after the restart but even with DRS, the Ferrari is no match for the RB down the straights.

Gutted that Mick wasn't able to secure his first points of the year but conversely, Alex Albon scoring yet again in the Williams was nice to see.

After a subpar qualifying session for his standards, Young George made the best of it and again finishes in the top 5. Yes, he may have been a bit lucky with the SC, but luck is the convergence of preparation and opportunity as he and his race engineer discussed saving tires just for that possibility.

What do others think about the race "weekend" aside from the actual race? The track configuration delivered IMO with more mistakes from good drivers than expected and good overtake opportunities.

From what I'm gauging, the American fans liked the pre-race with Martin Brundle as well as the post race interview, but others in Europe and around the globe thought it was very cringe worthy. Personally, I thought Brundle made the best he could of the situation that was an overcrowded circus on the grid and the post race interviews were not good at all.
I also thought it was a boring procession until the SC. Even after that nothing really changed. I found the whole race a bit meh.
Highlights were all in the non-racing stuff. The pre-race grid was hilarious - like a game of “how many Instagram celebs can you fit into a small space”. I thought Martin Brundle’s piss-taking antics were funny, as was the sight of the racers wearing American Football helmets on the podium (why??). So it was enjoyable for the laughs rather than for than the racing.
Absolute highlight was the interviewer calling everybody baby and having no idea about the importance of respecting people’s personal space. He was the best part of the day. Thanks to 77T for explaining that he was drunk - made more sense once I knew that!
Uggi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 May 2022, 10:43 PM   #3801
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
100% agree, Martin did the best he could given the circumstances of the overcrowded Circus. Truly felt for the guy (bro hug to Martin and give him three weeks vacay in Miami)... and soo wish i was there as would have casually 'made myself available' for an interview.

Am curious if F1 really knows the 'influential / power' of how their starting grid 'guests' can reach a widespread global audience and how best to use said moments.

Ah well, opportunity lost, and sooo wish i was there.

ADDED: Whoever was in charge of how the stereo/surround mics feed into the world feed to 'follow' the cars seen on-screen, it was the BEST SOUNDING F1 in a long time!!! The sound 'made sense' to the audience without weird (usually out-of-phase) background 'noise'. The on-screen action was properly followed by the mics, in both time and phase, so the sound closely matched the visuals. Pleeeease give my sincerest compliments to the sound engineers from mic placement all the way to how it was mixed / embedded into the broadcast video feed.

Old 10 May 2022, 12:24 AM   #3802
PhilippeD
"TRF" Member

I cringed so hard at the "F1 enthusiast" celebrities being interviewed on the starting grid.

Interviewer: "What are your expectations about the race?"
Celeb: "Uhhmm..Lewis is my man, but I like Ferraris too."
PhilippeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 May 2022, 12:26 AM   #3803
PhilippeD
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uggi View Post
Who was that comical interviewer who kept called all the drivers “baby”? He was totally cringeworthy.
At one point he told Max V that “the whole world is celebrating” - as both Ferrari drivers were stood 10 yards away.
Very amateurish - but funny.
Right? Charles and Carlos were so uncomfortable. Max seemed to appreciate the comical side of it by the looks of it.
PhilippeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 May 2022, 01:36 AM   #3804
joli160

Watch: Yachtmaster
In all honesty it is a very boring circuit with very poor tarmac.
Old 10 May 2022, 03:05 AM   #3805
texasmade
"TRF" Member

Quote:

The gridwalk was hilarious. The Patrick Mahomes/Paolo Banchero mixup, social media influencer, Serena Williams interview. All of it was so ridiculous and hilarious at the same time. The post race interview guy was also great with nearly everyone thinking "wtf is this guy?"

The track was okay but all those freeways in the shot really killed the F1 vibe for me.

As for the actual race, nothing too exciting other than the after SC period. It's clear that RB has the best car with Ferrari #2. Leclerc doesn't really have a chance against Max/RB with their straightline speed advantage. Unless RB has major reliability problems or Ferrari finds huge chunks of speed, Max should cakewalk this season. Max will probably get like 13-15 wins this year.
Old 10 May 2022, 03:36 AM   #3806
Mifune
Banned

AGAIN with this guy...

#Hamiltonisacrybaby

that being said, the race was surprisingly good and creatively incident free... that surprised me.
I do think that they need to slightly re-profile that freeway/chicane section.
Mifune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 May 2022, 04:11 AM   #3807
TswaneNguni
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytonas/Subs/GMTs
Lewis is still crying about a lack of jewellery ....
TswaneNguni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 May 2022, 04:36 AM   #3808
Goin2drt
Banned

Nope we couldn't get one whole page without the LH hate. He is honestly irrelevant this year yet still gets the most posts about him, love and hate.

I just can't wait to see all the LH haters start praising MV for a sensationaly, well driven, best in class championship this year. Yet LH didn't win a single championship on his ability it was all the car.

Let's discuss DR3 please. WTF is his problem. Is the Mac seriously that bad of a car?

Funny side note I couldn't stand the post race mess (missed the pre race because I knew it would be full of "who's who" that probably didn't even know what the "F" in F1 stands for) so I told my wife change the channel. then all of a sudden "her driver" Sainz took off his shirt, damn I thought I was chopped liver.
Goin2drt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 May 2022, 04:53 AM   #3809
rowdy3
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub
https://mobile.twitter.com/adamcoope...41457730781184

My friends sugar daddy bought her paddock tickets for 26k and she said it was a disaster. They ran out of toilet paper well before the finished, room temperature drinks and so many people in there.
rowdy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 May 2022, 05:00 AM   #3810
texasmade
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goin2drt View Post
Funny side note I couldn't stand the post race mess (missed the pre race because I knew it would be full of "who's who" that probably didn't even know what the "F" in F1 stands for) so I told my wife change the channel. then all of a sudden "her driver" Sainz took off his shirt, damn I thought I was chopped liver.
I was eagerly anticipating the prerace stuff knowing how much of a disaster it was going to be and it didn't disappoint.

All the women I know that watch F1 casually will say either Lewis or Carlos is their favorite driver just because of they think Carlos and Lewis are hot/cute.