The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Ω Omega Discussion Forum

Old 9 March 2024, 08:26 PM   #361
kkqd1337
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midlifegoals View Post
Local boutique is asking for in-full and partial deposits…without sharing a concrete ETA on the watch. Hmm….I would hope that’s because they know more than they’re letting on about when the watch would be in.
i would resist temptation, sit tight and wait for a discount from somewhere like here

https://www.swisswatchesdirect.co.uk...h_professional

its easy to get carried away, but 10% off could be a Michelin meal, even a budget weekend break
kkqd1337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 March 2024, 09:06 PM   #362
Manamana
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick800 View Post
Having a Daytona Panda, don't know why I would spend $10k on this.
Because wearing a Speedy says you have style and know something about real historical watches, not just wearing a hyped watch in which it's only history is being worn by an actor. Beautiful mechanical movement to look at, legible dial, and superb build quality.
Manamana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 March 2024, 10:54 PM   #363
Midlifegoals
"TRF" Member

Watch: DJ41 126334 Silver
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkqd1337 View Post
i would resist temptation, sit tight and wait for a discount from somewhere like here

its easy to get carried away, but 10% off could be a Michelin meal, even a budget weekend break
I hear ya… I‘ll see what kind of vibe I get from the watch and the SA here in a bit when I see the watch. I’ve been eyeing a Moonwatch since last summer- would love to pull the trigger. A shame they won’t have one in a box waiting for me. Haha
Midlifegoals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 March 2024, 11:12 PM   #364
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy E View Post
Because you can actually read it?
brandrea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10 March 2024, 12:11 AM   #365
ap1
2024 Pledge Member

I also like discounts and no doubt this is a $5700 watch in three years. But life is short and over the next year I’d assume 10% discount max from an AD. I’d rather have the watch soon and pay the incremental $800 to have it now.
ap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 March 2024, 01:01 AM   #366
chiscott_29
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex, ALS, Omega
Quote:
Originally Posted by ap1 View Post
I also like discounts and no doubt this is a $5700 watch in three years. But life is short and over the next year I’d assume 10% discount max from an AD. I’d rather have the watch soon and pay the incremental $800 to have it now.

Agree with this, and it’s a small premium to pay for a genuinely desirable watch that will only help your spend and stature when the next Snoopy or Ed White hits.

If ever there was a time to play the game, this is it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10 March 2024, 01:06 AM   #367
BigFig
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFig View Post
Yes an AD. Moyer Fine Jewelers.
I have to make a correction. Although this watch has an Add to Cart option, it is not currently available. I called to double check this morning and am now 21st on the list. :-)
BigFig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 March 2024, 01:11 AM   #368
red1108nyc
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex
I have the slightest suspicion that even with a full deposit, the initial demand (wait) will still be high given under 10k even for a regular production.

Excitement and lack of patience to wait has a cost and appear reasonable on this piece :-)
red1108nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 March 2024, 05:32 AM   #369
Midlifegoals
"TRF" Member

Well, I decided to throw my hat in the ring with a deposit. They claim I’ll see the watch in 30-60 days. I took them at their word. Seeing the watch in person is eye opening. They nailed the dial- I know I could’ve gotten a free strap or maybe a discount on secondary later, but this watch is worth buying and I’d like to be the first to scratch it. It has some serious Daytona vibes without being too on-the-nose.

I felt the white dial actually wore smaller than the black dial. Should be noted, the white dial absolutely still wears larger than a Panda Daytona.
Old 10 March 2024, 06:34 AM   #370
Pablito
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick800 View Post
Having a Daytona Panda, don't know why I would spend $10k on this.
I also own a white dial daytona, beautiful time piece but I must admit that depending on the situation it might take me more than 1 second to correctly read the time. Not to mention the chrono function on this dial which is totally useless regarding to reading precision. Markers in between seconds are small that you need a loupe to have a proper use of the chrono function.

My wife offered me a 3861 speedy 2 years ago. Guys, THIS is a functional chrono, with clear readability, even on the inner seconds markers. This is so much clearer than on the Daytona.
Don’t get me wrong, I love my daytona as the beautiful timepiece it is. But functionally speaking, there is no battle with the speedy.
I love the fact that Omega was smart enough to offer black indices and black hands on this new white dial. This is THE clever detail which would make my life better on my 116500. Polished hands on white dials are elegant, but useless and mostly tiring.
Nice move on this new one, it meets all my expectations on a fresh, sporty and fully functional chrono. I’m definitely on the list for it.
Pablito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 March 2024, 06:17 PM   #371
ButtButt
"TRF" Member

If they ever put this dial on a 321 I'd probably be lining up for one lol
ButtButt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 March 2024, 03:07 AM   #372
321Forever
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: SD43
I’m waiting until a couple years go by and these are more readily available and there are opportunities to get a discount from an AD or to get a used one. I do believe though that these will trade at a smaller discount from an AD and they will trade for a premium used because it will take a long long time until the supply ever reaches the same as it would for a black dial.

Last edited by 321Forever; 11 March 2024 at 03:30 AM.. Reason: Corrected grammar
321Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 March 2024, 04:22 AM   #373
rushca01
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT BLRO
I plan to put a deposit on one tomorrow. Texted my AD yesterday, funny…texted about this watch and get a quick response…asking about Rolex..crickets, oh well. I do want the watch and maybe it will help with others.
rushca01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 March 2024, 06:27 AM   #374
2Fiveohs
"TRF" Member

Hi!

So, it looks like this will be my first post! Anyhow, I've stopped into my local Boutique a few times since it opened a few years back and they do have my contact info in the system.

I called Tuesday afternoon and the SA said that they are taking 20% deposits with option for full refund. So, I went a ahead and provided said amount. Since I was in the neighborhood on Saturday, I stopped in and just gave my first name. After doing so, someone who looked managerial then confirmed my last name on the spot. Maybe thats a good sign. I was informed that watches will begin arriving in April, initial allocation is unknown, and that they are on first come, first serve according to deposit date.

I decided not to ask my position, but it felt a lot better than the rolex/tudor dealer experience I've had.

*I've been lurking for quite a while - got my first rolex from a member here for my 40th.
2Fiveohs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 March 2024, 07:36 AM   #375
Midlifegoals
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Fiveohs View Post
Hi!

So, it looks like this will be my first post! Anyhow, I've stopped into my local Boutique a few times since it opened a few years back and they do have my contact info in the system.

I called Tuesday afternoon and the SA said that they are taking 20% deposits with option for full refund. So, I went a ahead and provided said amount. Since I was in the neighborhood on Saturday, I stopped in and just gave my first name. After doing so, someone who looked managerial then confirmed my last name on the spot. Maybe thats a good sign. I was informed that watches will begin arriving in April, initial allocation is unknown, and that they are on first come, first serve according to deposit date.

I decided not to ask my position, but it felt a lot better than the rolex/tudor dealer experience I've had.

*I've been lurking for quite a while - got my first rolex from a member here for my 40th.
I put down my full deposit at an Omega Boutique, walked out with nothing but a single chocolate and an Omega magazine. Of course, I also walked out with an understanding that the watch would be mine within a couple of months. The experience was leaps and bounds better than trying to get any "hard to find" Rolex piece.
Old 11 March 2024, 09:15 AM   #376
Armis
"TRF" Member

Is it fair to expect that this new release will later be made available on a strap (like the black dial)? Were black dials initially made available on bracelet only?
I am much more partial to straps than bracelets, so don’t want to waste money on a bracelet that I will switch out immediately.
Armis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 March 2024, 09:49 AM   #377
yetione
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by puckybadger View Post
Beautiful piece but for the extra $1600 the Rolex Explorer II is by far the better value.
Why is that? Is it exclusively resale value?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manamana View Post
I would pick a Speedy over an Explorer II anytime. I sold a Polar Explorer II and have 3 Speedy's currently in my collection with two of them retailing over the Explorer II at the time of purchase. Explorer II polar can be had from an AD now at retail with a reasonable wait time, and a black dial is much easier. Give it some time and you will see both in the AD case, and even at a discount like before the pandemic.
I completely agree that I would pick THAT speedy over the Exp2. And I say that as someone who had an Explorer 2, and didn't love either and sold both off.

I feel that even if price was no object and I could never sell, I'd rather own the white speedy. Its got a much more interesting dial, a more useful complication, better bracelet, better wearing dimensions, strap versatility, and an overall better looking package..... imo. My last 5 watch purchases have been Rolex and Glashutte Original. The white speedy brought me back to Omega.
yetione is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 March 2024, 10:56 AM   #378
samson66
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: my money leaving!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armis View Post
Is it fair to expect that this new release will later be made available on a strap (like the black dial)? Were black dials initially made available on bracelet only?

I am much more partial to straps than bracelets, so don’t want to waste money on a bracelet that I will switch out immediately.
I think it is currently available on strap? You can get on the leather racing strap or rubber strap. Price is $7,800.
samson66 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11 March 2024, 11:12 AM   #379
yetione
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by samson66 View Post
I think it is currently available on strap? You can get on the leather racing strap or rubber strap. Price is $7,800.
Bracelet orders first, you can add the rubber “moon” strap now, leather will be made available later.
Old 11 March 2024, 11:13 AM   #380
samson66
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: my money leaving!
Quote:
Originally Posted by yetione View Post
Bracelet orders first, you can add the rubber “moon” strap now, leather will be made available later.
Ahh ok thanks
samson66 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11 March 2024, 06:49 PM   #381
codecow
"TRF" Member

Watch: PP 5131R
Quote:
Hi!

That shows the pull of this piece, it got you posting!

It’s definitely an exciting release.
codecow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 March 2024, 07:22 PM   #382
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Hi!

Welcome to the forum
Old 11 March 2024, 10:34 PM   #383
kkqd1337
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Out of curiosity I emailed this company to see what they expected on availability and potential discount

they said:

Quote:
this will be very hard to source initially.... the likelihood is that we won’t be able to source one for some time and even then, the discount will be very low, possibly just 5%.
interesting/based on this i wouldn't feel so hesitant to pay retail rather than wait an unspecified time for a tiny discount.
Old 12 March 2024, 05:56 AM   #384
baamvino
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Out of curiosity I emailed this company to see what they expected on availability and potential discount

they said:

interesting/based on this i wouldn't feel so hesitant to pay retail rather than wait an unspecified time for a tiny discount.
Sounds like it will be a lot harder to get vs black speedy?
baamvino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 March 2024, 06:53 AM   #385
yetione
"TRF" Member

Many are talking about holding out for AD discounts. Couple things to consider:

AD will discount only the pieces they can't sell for full price. If there's a line at the door for this one, why expect a discount?

Omega raises prices to pace inflation. Very well documented. Whats inflation this year? 5%? What discount were you planning on obtaining from an AD?

I'm going for it now. Don't see too much logic in holding back....
Old 12 March 2024, 07:07 AM   #386
kkqd1337
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yetione View Post
Many are talking about holding out for AD discounts. Couple things to consider:

AD will discount only the pieces they can't sell for full price. If there's a line at the door for this one, why expect a discount?

Omega raises prices to pace inflation. Very well documented. Whats inflation this year? 5%? What discount were you planning on obtaining from an AD?

I'm going for it now. Don't see too much logic in holding back....
correct assessment
Old 12 March 2024, 07:47 AM   #387
2Fiveohs
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by codecow View Post
That shows the pull of this piece, it got you posting!

It’s definitely an exciting release.
I have a white dial SMP and really like the small details; wave cuts, funky hands, etc....and the Canopus model is way past my budget.

While I think the Alaska Project is cool, there is something about the new white speedy that is really spiffy. It would really be cool to pick one up before summer. That being said, I have purchased all of my timepieces from secondary dealers, how does one request little branded gizmos or merch when its time to acquire their watch from an AD or boutique?

*Yes, it definitely got me posting! This site is a phenomenal resource and enjoyable to just read comments, etc....I bought my first Rolex from a member here, an almost brand new 116900 Air King. I know its not the hottest girl at the greek mixer, but the yellow and green appeal to me - especially since I stumbled upon a pair of Air Max 90s that match!
2Fiveohs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 March 2024, 07:16 PM   #388
thegrandseirolexguy
"TRF" Member

Was given a 5-7 month delivery lead time estimate by my AD.

thegrandseirolexguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 March 2024, 07:23 PM   #389
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Can someone please comment on how much travel the bracelet clasp has?
Old 12 March 2024, 07:27 PM   #390
thegrandseirolexguy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandrea View Post
Can someone please comment on how much travel the bracelet clasp has?

If you’re referring to the micro adjustment, I believe it’s 2mm.

thegrandseirolexguy is offline   Reply With Quote