The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > Buyers/Sellers "Who's Who" ?!?!

Old 30 June 2021, 07:49 PM   #361
descartes
"TRF" Member

Among many other mistakes, they also took several hundred thousand $ in crypto in exchange for watches during the crypto conference in Miami a few weeks ago. Crypto has tanked so I am sure they took a huge loss on that which really hurts for a small business with thin margins.

A root of the problem IMO is that Anthony always thought he was the smartest guy in the room despite having minimal experience or education. He’s a great marketer, but successful people surround themselves with people who are smarter and more knowledgeable than them, and they take advice.. In this case, Anthony surrounded himself with inexperienced sycophants like Mike and Dylan who seem like nice guys but not qualified for the jobs they were given.
Old 30 June 2021, 08:02 PM   #362
JodyHighroller
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by descartes View Post
Among many other mistakes, they also took several hundred thousand $ in crypto in exchange for watches during the crypto conference in Miami a few weeks ago. Crypto has tanked so I am sure they took a huge loss on that which really hurts for a small business with thin margins.

A root of the problem IMO is that Anthony always thought he was the smartest guy in the room despite having minimal experience or education. He’s a great marketer, but successful people surround themselves with people who are smarter and more knowledgeable than them, and they take advice.. In this case, Anthony surrounded himself with inexperienced sycophants like Mike and Dylan who seem like nice guys but not qualified for the jobs they were given.
I don’t disagree with your second paragraph, but to Anthony’s credit he did convert the bitcoins to cash the same day as he knew it was too volatile.
JodyHighroller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 June 2021, 08:22 PM   #363
descartes
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JodyHighroller View Post
I don’t disagree with your second paragraph, but to Anthony’s credit he did convert the bitcoins to cash the same day as he knew it was too volatile.
If he did, good for him. I had the impression that he was staying invested based on an earlier video in which he said he was holding on to crypto.
Old 30 June 2021, 08:46 PM   #364
Wahlberg
"TRF" Member

I really wonder if they will come back.

If this is just rebranding you aren't exactly sending the right message to everyone in the industry + (potential) clients. Doubt keeps growing.
Wahlberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 June 2021, 08:51 PM   #365
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by TunaTuna View Post
Empty shelves, not to be confused with a Rolex AD
brandrea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30 June 2021, 08:53 PM   #366
dayman-v-nightman
2024 Pledge Member

My best guess is that Anthony and Marco split, effectively ending TPG. But then what do you do with the brand, social media accounts, inventory, cash in bank, debt? It's so messy. And Anthony insists that he owns the "Timepiece Gentleman" brand cause it was his insta account name before they started their business.

Maybe they went dark to sort it all out. Or Anthony just went into the store at night, grabbed up the stock and now Marco is getting the police involved. Who knows, but 100% not a publicity stunt, that's just wishful thinking from those who don't want it to blow up.
dayman-v-nightman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 June 2021, 08:55 PM   #367
Brew
"TRF" Member

Hanging over at Horology House?
Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 June 2021, 09:10 PM   #368
SpiritSoul
"TRF" Member

Watch: Casio A500
https://www.watchcollectinglifestyle...ment-inventory

Just shared by Paul Thorpe today on his channel.....
SpiritSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 June 2021, 09:28 PM   #369
Hollie_Rollie
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: SD43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knappo 1307 View Post
And now all the TPG threads are closed?? I'm out of here.......

Yeah it’s pretty weird that they are all getting closed up. Imo were being pretty civil so far…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hollie_Rollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 June 2021, 09:31 PM   #370
SpiritSoul
"TRF" Member

Watch: Casio A500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amex4711 View Post
A Statement on YouTube from „wolves of watch street“

https://youtu.be/ibuzjzueF1o

Bet the AD's are laughing at this superficially, but then realising their backdoor customers are in trouble.
SpiritSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 June 2021, 09:40 PM   #371
dwjez14
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: All of them
Anthony’s Cryptic last message

His last post said "when you think you're on to me, I pivot"

It does not make sense. If you want more views do not try a publicity stunt like this. I am keeping fingers crossed that 1. They are okay 2. The people get money back who have consigned pieces with them. The whole situation sucks. Moving forward if this is a stunt I will not watch or purchase from them Ever again. I guess I’m giving them the benefit of the doubt as Paul Thorpe is. I’m really curious if Roman will comment on it.

dwjez14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 June 2021, 09:41 PM   #372
Cambo
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex/Grand Seiko
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amex4711 View Post
A Statement on YouTube from „wolves of watch street“

https://youtu.be/ibuzjzueF1o
Truly looking like he just had the rug pulled out from under him. Not a great time for them to enter the YT market. It probably doesn’t help having theses guys cackling away with Anthony and Marco on the last TPG video.
Old 30 June 2021, 09:57 PM   #373
dayman-v-nightman
2024 Pledge Member

Unfortunately someone in the YT comments says TPG took their ceramic sub in on consignment last week. Prompt and perfect communication until the consignment agreement was signed and the watch shipped, and then as soon as the watch was delivered they went dark on them.

Could just be poor communication and nothing sinister which wouldn't surprise me, but if there is any watch in the world that a dealer does not need to take a consignment on, it's a SS sub
dayman-v-nightman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 June 2021, 10:33 PM   #374
Ruddiger
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Howdy,

In my opinion this is just the tip of the iceberg with these clowns. Anyone who thinks this is “rebranding” is delusional. This is what pyramid schemes look like when they collapse.

To anyone who purchased a watch from these guys, prepare for the other shoe to drop. If you are lucky you got what you payed for. If you’re not, you may find that you own a Frankenstein or what may soon be classified as stolen property.

Take care,

Ruddiger
Ruddiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 June 2021, 10:37 PM   #375
lutchki
Banned

And they just hired another video guy that quit his job to join TPG for “the opportunity of a lifetime”. Poor guy
lutchki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 June 2021, 10:44 PM   #376
Giangos
"TRF" Member

Watch: WG BLRO, Sub C, WG
Like many here I watched heaps of their videos.

The overwhelming sentiment I was left with was “I’m so glad I have an AD relationship and I don’t have to deal with people like this”

Not that I think Anthony or Marco are bad guys, but the whole grey market/YouTube/flex culture is friggin horrible.

I appreciate my AD so much more after having seen this side of the industry.

And I would add, those of you who referred to Anthony’s criminal history etc, that is just poor form. He had been big enough to admit his errors and he did his time. What more could anyone expect of him? It doesn’t make him a good businessman unfortunately, and ultimately, that will be his biggest challenge.

Giangos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 June 2021, 10:47 PM   #377
steph06
"TRF" Member

Watch: JLC 140.6.98
Quote:
Originally Posted by lutchki View Post
Excel is a very advanced and sophisticated and can definitely handle keeping track of revenue and inventory. WHEN DONE PROPERLY.
True ! I use Excel myself for my business and if you know how to use advanced formulas, lookup and pivot tables, structural queries and VBA scripts you can do some amazing stuff.
steph06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 June 2021, 10:49 PM   #378
Loevhagen
"TRF" Member

This video comes to mind: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAj60n_QW_Y

Watch Dealer Steals 10 Rolex Watches | Do Not Sell On Consignment!
Loevhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 June 2021, 10:56 PM   #379
JodyHighroller
Banned

I recommend for folks to read some of the newest comments on last week’s video. A lady sent her sub in for consignment last week and she hasn’t heard anything. She’s planning on filing a police report shortly. This throws out the idea they had let investors and consignors know in advance, which was a silly idea to begin with.

Also, there is some new speculation that gofundme they put together for their videographer’s friend’s new kidney may be a fugzai as well. Real nasty if true.
Old 30 June 2021, 10:58 PM   #380
Madman37
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giangos View Post
Like many here I watched heaps of their videos.

The overwhelming sentiment I was left with was “I’m so glad I have an AD relationship and I don’t have to deal with people like this”

Not that I think Anthony or Marco are bad guys, but the whole grey market/YouTube/flex culture is friggin horrible.

I appreciate my AD so much more after having seen this side of the industry.

And I would add, those of you who referred to Anthony’s criminal history etc, that is just poor form. He had been big enough to admit his errors and he did his time. What more could anyone expect of him? It doesn’t make him a good businessman unfortunately, and ultimately, that will be his biggest challenge.

I don’t agree with the AD statement. There are some excellent grey market dealers eg the romantic relationship a lot of people have on here with David SW. I have an amazing grey dealer who I buy from as I have no chance with an AD. This is an individual person who could have fd up.
Madman37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 June 2021, 11:02 PM   #381
lutchki
Banned

Grey Market vs Timepiece Gentleman

[/QUOTE] Also, there is some new speculation that gofundme they put together for their videographer’s friend’s new kidney may be a fugzai as well. Real nasty if true.[/QUOTE]

NO WAY!!
lutchki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 June 2021, 11:10 PM   #382
JodyHighroller
Banned

Also, there is some new speculation that gofundme they put together for their videographer’s friend’s new kidney may be a fugzai as well. Real nasty if true.[/QUOTE]

NO WAY!![/QUOTE]

It’s being discussed in the YouTube video comments. I’m not confirming anything, but if they really did dip, it makes you wonder the legitimacy of that gofundme.
Old 30 June 2021, 11:14 PM   #383
chocopeluche
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JodyHighroller View Post
Also, there is some new speculation that gofundme they put together for their videographer’s friend’s new kidney may be a fugzai as well. Real nasty if true.
Saw this in their last video description, the link is dead and redirects to gofundme’s homepage. They were asking for 300k for a kidney transplant … hmmmm

SF, CA
chocopeluche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 June 2021, 11:22 PM   #384
dwjez14
2024 Pledge Member

One of my guilty pleasures is american greed. If this is true wow is this the perfect plot for a show

Old 30 June 2021, 11:24 PM   #385
Etschell
"TRF" Member

Watch: platinum sub
Quote:
Originally Posted by chocopeluche View Post
Saw this in their last video description, the link is dead and redirects to gofundme’s homepage. They were asking for 300k for a kidney transplant … hmmmm
if it is a fake they got me for a small amount. no biggie but literally terrible.

25 or 6 to 4.
Etschell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 June 2021, 11:34 PM   #386
chocopeluche
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etschell View Post
if it is a fake they got me for a small amount. no biggie but literally terrible.

Actually someone commented on yt that the gofundme page can still be found through search, and its funded 191k out of 171k. https://gofund.me/95812d1e

SF, CA
chocopeluche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 June 2021, 11:45 PM   #387
Rmoor
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocopeluche View Post
Actually someone commented on yt that the gofundme page can still be found through search, and its funded 191k out of 171k. https://gofund.me/95812d1e

Seems odd if you look at the top donations dollar amount wise.....
Rmoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 June 2021, 11:48 PM   #388
V25V
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwjez14 View Post
One of my guilty pleasures is american greed. If this is true wow is this the perfect plot for a show

Agree, that would make a really good episode for us watch lovers!
V25V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 June 2021, 11:50 PM   #389
Krash
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Sub, DJ41, GMT
Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchEater666 View Post
Lol it’s not a $100mm company. Sales DNE EV
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. It's not a $100mm company. No way. People on this forum know better. Many of us have our own businesses or are executives in fortune 500 companies. We know better.

He may have had $100 million in sales, but that's probably not annual sales, and sales doesn't equate to value of company.

To put things into perspective, they need to sell the equivalent of 2,777 Day Dates per year at $36,000 (or 53 per week) to achieve $100,000,000 in annual sales. Keep in mind that sales are not the same as net margins either. Plus, we all know that annual sales is not the same thing as net value of company which on very simple terms is assets - debt = net value. It's more complicated than that, but that's where you'd start to calculate it.

I don't trust anything these guys say.
Krash is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30 June 2021, 11:50 PM   #390
dwjez14
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmoor View Post
Seems odd if you look at the top donations dollar amount wise.....

Wow holy crap. Top donations that doesn’t look sketchy at all !!!