The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Ω Omega Discussion Forum

View Poll Results: What do you think about the moonswatch?
It's fun and it will benefit Omega and Omega fans 159 63.35%
I'm indifferent, it's neither good nor bad for Omega and Omega fans 35 13.94%
I hate it. It cheapens the Omega brand and might affect my interest in Omega 57 22.71%
Voters: 251. You may not vote on this poll

Old 26 March 2022, 06:29 AM   #391
EEpro
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Daytona
Swatch and Omega

Old 26 March 2022, 06:30 AM   #392
EEpro
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Daytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by macrowatch View Post
I havent' seen any photos of lines outside (though I don't doubt our fellow forum mate posters reporting it). I did try to call over the last two days to get a gauge of how busy it will be, and line was always busy!!! Not sure I want to head out to wait in line, but I think this will be quite a hit with the general non watch community!

Got through to New York location in Las Vegas and he said line was already forming and declined to say quantity in stock.
Old 26 March 2022, 06:36 AM   #393
Carrera911
"TRF" Member

Watch: Bluesy (126613LB)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JodyHighroller View Post
I’m going with a group of friends tomorrow morning. If things go well, we may end up having some pieces unspoken for, so if anyone is interested in a specific color shoot me a PM!

I don’t usually participate in these kinda releases, but being local to a store another forum member yesterday asked me to purchase on their behalf. Happy to help out where I can.
I'd be interested if you can pick one up for me.
Old 26 March 2022, 06:47 AM   #394
JerseyGuy
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, PP
I was going to go to try to get either the Mission to the moon,The Neptune or Saturn . But unfortunately I just had surgery so im out of luck.
JerseyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 March 2022, 06:55 AM   #395
Porkbelli
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Just got through to an agent on Swatch’s 1-800 number here in the states. She said these will NOT be sold online here in the USA. This is due to a specific request from Omega that they do not want these sold through the online swatch USA website. She said it’s already set in stone that is a firm NO. Just relaying what I was told.

The posts you see saying it’ll be sold online at a “later date” is for European markets. Makes sense since all those swatch accounts on Instagram posting it are the foreign entities and not the USA account.
It is hard to know what to believe now. The official US Swatch instagram account stated the watches will be available online at a later date.
Porkbelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 March 2022, 06:57 AM   #396
amanbra
"TRF" Member

Lines in Australia are stupid long. Not going to bother to go in. At 6am when my mates got there there were more than 100 folks in front of him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
amanbra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 March 2022, 07:27 AM   #397
Wahlberg
"TRF" Member

Crazy lines on instagram. People in Europe already waiting 14 hours before opening. People in HUGE lines KL and Australia as well.
Wahlberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 March 2022, 07:28 AM   #398
macrowatch
"TRF" Member

Oph. Bad for WIS, good for Swatch!

As an astute commentor pointed at on Purist, 100,000 initial units x sales price…nice boost to recover from the 2020 50m CHF loss!
macrowatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 March 2022, 07:41 AM   #399
mulberry083
"TRF" Member

Swatch and Omega

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkbelli View Post
It is hard to know what to believe now. The official US Swatch instagram account stated the watches will be available online at a later date.

Just stopped by the Swatch boutique. SA said they will be available online later, but who knows. They don’t have numbers yet, shipment is due early tomorrow. Also stopped by the Omega boutique, they’re getting a lot of foot traffic from this, as they also have it on display.

After seeing them in person I’m a bit ambivalent. Some are nice, others look like they belong in a happy meal.

mulberry083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 March 2022, 07:55 AM   #400
DeepDeep
"TRF" Member

Meanwhile in Geneva some 3 hrs back....there are people queuing outside Swatch shops...Apple days are back!
DeepDeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 March 2022, 07:56 AM   #401
DeepDeep
"TRF" Member

Geneva!!
Old 26 March 2022, 08:03 AM   #402
amanbra
"TRF" Member

Man they killed it with this launch
Old 26 March 2022, 08:07 AM   #403
Maxtor
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Watch: Exp 1, DJ Tuxedo
I don't think that this offering will match up in any way with the traditional Omega Speedmasters, but they might be a nice watch in their own right based on the iconic design. The key is what do they look and feel like on the wrist. Since this is not a LE, hopefully in a year or three they will be readily available to look at and try on at any Swatch retail location along with their other offerings. I might be a buyer then.
Maxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 March 2022, 08:09 AM   #404
DeepDeep
"TRF" Member

Managed to get photograph size correct now...Geneva couple of hours back...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 8db2f6df-c273-408c-9b73-56971dd16838.jpg (187.4 KB, 331 views)
Old 26 March 2022, 08:18 AM   #405
amanbra
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxtor View Post
I don't think that this offering will match up in any way with the traditional Omega Speedmasters, but they might be a nice watch in their own right based on the iconic design. The key is what do they look and feel like on the wrist. Since this is not a LE, hopefully in a year or three they will be readily available to look at and try on at any Swatch retail location along with their other offerings. I might be a buyer then.

They feel like cheap plastic watches. These will not in anyway replace the real thing. They will introduce a tonne of new buyers to omega though.

Old 26 March 2022, 08:24 AM   #406
Watchwoody
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I’m going with a group of friends tomorrow morning. If things go well, we may end up having some pieces unspoken for, so if anyone is interested in a specific color shoot me a PM!

I don’t usually participate in these kinda releases, but being local to a store another forum member yesterday asked me to purchase on their behalf. Happy to help out where I can.
I might venture over there as well. I’m sure northpark will be packed.
Watchwoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 March 2022, 08:35 AM   #407
Wahlberg
"TRF" Member

Be aware these aren't sold at every Swatch store.

For example, these are the ONLY locations in the US that will sell them. Link below to see the specific locations in detail.

https://www.swatch.com/en-gb/stores-...oonswatch.html

Wahlberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 March 2022, 09:04 AM   #408
JodyHighroller
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrera911 View Post
I'd be interested if you can pick one up for me.
Send me a PM with what colors you’re after. Easier to track.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkbelli View Post
Goodness, what a sh!t show.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchwoody View Post
I might venture over there as well. I’m sure northpark will be packed.
Oh, without a doubt it will be.
JodyHighroller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 March 2022, 09:07 AM   #409
gsg
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Just got through to an agent on Swatch’s 1-800 number here in the states. She said these will NOT be sold online here in the USA. This is due to a specific request from Omega that they do not want these sold through the online swatch USA website. She said it’s already set in stone that is a firm NO. Just relaying what I was told.

The posts you see saying it’ll be sold online at a “later date” is for European markets. Makes sense since all those swatch accounts on Instagram posting it are the foreign entities and not the USA account.
I just came back from the Swatch store at the Galleria mall in Houston, TX, and the sales rep did say that these will be available online here in the U.S. at a later date (but did not know on which date).

Unfortunately, it seems they only received 75 watches in total across all colors for tomorrow's launch. Which is a tiny amount considering the amount of hype. I won't bother with it, I am too old for the chase...
gsg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 March 2022, 09:11 AM   #410
JodyHighroller
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsg View Post
I just came back from the Swatch store at the Galleria mall in Houston, TX, and the sales rep did say that these will be available online here in the U.S. at a later date (but did not know on which date).

Unfortunately, it seems they only received 75 watches in total across all colors for tomorrow's launch. Which is a tiny amount considering the amount of hype. I won't bother with it, I am too old for the chase...
With how much traffic this has brought in, it doesn’t surprise me the information they’ve been providing is inconsistent.

I don’t blame you either. I normally don’t bother with releases or “hype” drops like this, but I enjoy watches and horology so I figured I’d make an exception and try to help some fellow forum members out. Plus, shooting the breeze with buddies while waiting makes it tolerable.
JodyHighroller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 March 2022, 09:20 AM   #411
gsg
"TRF" Member

You could feel the buzz around the store. The Swatch boutique here is in a very quiet corner of the mall, it is typically deserted. Today, you could see several shoppers grouping around the MoonSwatch exhibit waiting for their turn to take a glance. And a good number of people constantly checking in with the rep asking about tomorrow's logistics. No doubt it is going to be a messy morning. Good luck to all those waiting for the launch...
Old 26 March 2022, 09:29 AM   #412
bob sims
Banned

Won't even post the links since this is so laughable but there are "multiple" ebay auctions with legitimate sellers and bidders, sometimes dozens, from $1500 to over $4000!
I am predicting right now over $10,000 for the Tiffany. Not a joke.
Most scream AUTHENTICITY GUARANTEE.
Yeah-authentic plastic-LOL.
I'm turning off the computer and watching a Meatloaf concert on tv.
The world may be ending.
Goodnight.
bob sims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 March 2022, 09:29 AM   #413
s14roller
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulberry083 View Post
Just stopped by the Swatch boutique. SA said they will be available online later, but who knows. They don’t have numbers yet, shipment is due early tomorrow. Also stopped by the Omega boutique, they’re getting a lot of foot traffic from this, as they also have it on display.

After seeing them in person I’m a bit ambivalent. Some are nice, others look like they belong in a happy meal.

Which seemed nicest to you? From live pics, some do appear to look a bit like plastic
s14roller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 March 2022, 09:41 AM   #414
HMHM
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob sims View Post
Won't even post the links since this is so laughable but there are "multiple" ebay auctions with legitimate sellers and bidders, sometimes dozens, from $1500 to over $4000!
I am predicting right now over $10,000 for the Tiffany. Not a joke.
Most scream AUTHENTICITY GUARANTEE.
Yeah-authentic plastic-LOL.
I'm turning off the computer and watching a Meatloaf concert on tv.
The world may be ending.
Goodnight.
I would do anything for love, but I won't buy a MoonSwatch for $10k
HMHM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 March 2022, 09:43 AM   #415
gsg
"TRF" Member

What are you expecting? these are plastic Swatches. If you have handled any recent Swatch watches then you know what they are like, this is no different. The shape of the case is spot on, though.
Old 26 March 2022, 09:46 AM   #416
amanbra
"TRF" Member

Okay some angry people in Sydney now =) heaps missed out, people jumping the que, paying off security guards to jump the que etc =)
Old 26 March 2022, 09:47 AM   #417
ArtieFufkinPolymer
"TRF" Member

It is like the great toilet paper mania of 2020
ArtieFufkinPolymer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 March 2022, 09:49 AM   #418
subdownunder
"TRF" Member

Watch: GS Snowflake
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans93 View Post
Not one of my watches was purchased with the intent to impress or catch someone else's attention. I guess we all have our reasons....Hopefully you'll get all the attention you seek and need wearing you JLC....
No, quite the opposite. I'm choosing JLC as its not a flexing watch it flies under the radar.

For instance., you go to a nice restaurant and discreetly order a fine wine...JLC.
You order champagne with sparklers in the top... Rolex. You order the best value for quality clean skin and don't give a crap... Omega

And to those who see my arguments as about investment or status please focus on the arguments not the person. Everyone who has done Marketing 101 understands the importance of desirability, scarcity and exclusivity in the luxury category. I am simply laying out how Omega, Rolex etc etc. operate.

Haven't you noticed how all the so called independent social influencers are singing to the same songsheet regarding these watches? It is all marketing and stoking hype, scarcity and the fear of missing out.

Omega has gone from a watch selling for $'000's to a brand that can be had for $200'ish. And we think it can't hurt the Omega brand and it's strategy of positioning itself to compete with Rolex?

Would an independent Omega have done this? I can't believe it would.
subdownunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 March 2022, 09:56 AM   #419
2001jesper
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116234
Will see if i can pick one up tomorrow. Not expecting too much from a 250 USD watch
2001jesper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 March 2022, 10:08 AM   #420
djona
"TRF" Member

Watch: N/A
Swatch updated its policy on these. One per person for tomorrow's launch.
djona is offline   Reply With Quote