The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 13 July 2023, 12:27 AM   #391
gretch6364
"TRF" Member

I think they could support having all three sizes in regular production (40, 42 and 45). It seems though that they charge so much more for the LEs and are trying to milk the market.

Depending on wrist size and style, everyone has different taste/desires. A 42 would be perfect for me with my 7 3/8 wrist.
gretch6364 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 July 2023, 03:44 AM   #392
GADNYC
"TRF" Member

Watch: sub
There is also a capacity issue. Blancpain makes about 15,000 watches a year, Rolex pumps that out in a week. Demand for a FF 40 or 42 non-limited edition would be off the chart and BP couldn't deliver.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gretch6364 View Post
I think they could support having all three sizes in regular production (40, 42 and 45). It seems though that they charge so much more for the LEs and are trying to milk the market.

Depending on wrist size and style, everyone has different taste/desires. A 42 would be perfect for me with my 7 3/8 wrist.
GADNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 July 2023, 12:06 AM   #393
[email protected]
"TRF" Member

I think BP has proved they can fit their 1315 into a 42mm diver via 70th act 1. Hence a 42mm diver is very likely.
at742001@gmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 July 2023, 02:20 AM   #394
bobernet
"TRF" Member

Watch: ALS, AP, PP, Rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdragon View Post
Congrats! Size looks great on you. Likely way too early, but what do you like more about the new 42 vs your OC3 so far?

Definitely too early. Sorry for the late reply. I’ve been on holiday, and as it was a boating / water vacation, wore the new BP non-stop.

It is more legible with better lume than any of the 40s. The anniversary text is less obtrusive than the OC logo. The date disappears when you don’t want it, because of the hour marker size.

The two criticisms I have so far are:

I don’t like the NATO strap. It makes the watch sit higher, and the buckle is way off center on my wrist.

The watch feels too thick. This might be more about the NATO as noted above, but the case back also seems very thick. I’ll have a better idea once I swap straps. I have a sailcloth and rubber to try, but the .9mm allen wrenches I ordered are too small, and just slip. So, I’m waiting on more wrenches.

Overall, I really like this offering.
bobernet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 July 2023, 05:53 AM   #395
rdragon
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobernet View Post
Definitely too early. Sorry for the late reply. I’ve been on holiday, and as it was a boating / water vacation, wore the new BP non-stop.

It is more legible with better lume than any of the 40s. The anniversary text is less obtrusive than the OC logo. The date disappears when you don’t want it, because of the hour marker size.

I don’t like the NATO strap. It makes the watch sit higher, and the buckle is way off center on my wrist.

The watch feels too thick. This might be more about the NATO as noted above, but the case back also seems very thick. I’ll have a better idea once I swap straps. I have a sailcloth and rubber to try, but the .9mm allen wrenches I ordered are too small, and just slip. So, I’m waiting on more wrenches.

Hope it was a blast.

Agree. Yeah, would be nice w/o the anniversary text but I guess that's slightly better than having "limited" on the dial. They did great with the date window on this version. With it being the exact length of hour marker and rectangle, it really does blend in perfectly. Maybe the best iteration of the date window.

Is the date window on the OC a trapezoid? Can't tell if that's due to angle of pictures or if it really is not a square/rectangle.

An odd question, but which crown guard to you like better? I haven't handled any of the 40mm but really like how the crown guards look in pictures. Does it make much of a visual difference in real life?

Keep us posted on your strap changes. That's good to know the .9mm doesn't work. I thought that was the size I saw others mention in the past. Let us know what hex size ends up fitting.
rdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 July 2023, 11:53 AM   #396
ads75
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sinn 900 Flieger
Quote:

I agree with you on the buckle being way off center of my wrist. I only have 2 holes left for where I wear it (7.25ish wrist), and it pretty much puts the buckle at 3 o'clock on my wrist, if the watch is at 12 o'clock. But after thinking about it, I think it may be better where it is, less likely to get scratched up on desks when typing (I know, desk diver).

On a Blancpain Instagram post today, they announced a range of new NATO straps (which do no good if you don't like NATO straps), but left no details, no sizes, no widths, no prices, just "visit a boutique".

I also ordered some .9mm allen wrenches (generic brand from amazon) and the one wrench I tried just free spun and didn't do anything, and I didn't try hard since I was more worried about stripping the screw with a fit that loose. I held up a 22mm Artem strap I have on another watch to my BP, I am not sure it would fit, would definitely need squeezing. But that strap also has quick change spring bars, not sure how compatible that would be with the BP allen screws.
ads75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 July 2023, 10:18 PM   #397
rdragon
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ads75 View Post
I agree with you on the buckle being way off center of my wrist. I only have 2 holes left for where I wear it (7.25ish wrist), and it pretty much puts the buckle at 3 o'clock on my wrist, if the watch is at 12 o'clock. But after thinking about it, I think it may be better where it is, less likely to get scratched up on desks when typing (I know, desk diver).

On a Blancpain Instagram post today, they announced a range of new NATO straps (which do no good if you don't like NATO straps), but left no details, no sizes, no widths, no prices, just "visit a boutique".

I also ordered some .9mm allen wrenches (generic brand from amazon) and the one wrench I tried just free spun and didn't do anything, and I didn't try hard since I was more worried about stripping the screw with a fit that loose. I held up a 22mm Artem strap I have on another watch to my BP, I am not sure it would fit, would definitely need squeezing. But that strap also has quick change spring bars, not sure how compatible that would be with the BP allen screws.
+1 I found the buckle near 3 odd at first, but after a while, it's not bad and seems comfortable. It's nice that it's out of the way when at a desk.

As for the new nato's, they are 23 mm - for the 45 mm FF's and the bathyscaphe's.
Old 30 July 2023, 04:33 AM   #398
bobernet
"TRF" Member

Sailcloth from Artem. Much better.
Old 30 July 2023, 05:35 AM   #399
Notimetodie
"TRF" Member

bobernet, that looks great! I assume it is the 22mm size? what did you end up getting for the hex tool size (and would you please post a link to it?) a couple people who have the new act 1 confirmed it is indeed 0.9mm...
Notimetodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 July 2023, 01:42 PM   #400
rdragon
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Looks great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notimetodie View Post
bobernet, that looks great! I assume it is the 22mm size? what did you end up getting for the hex tool size (and would you please post a link to it?) a couple people who have the new act 1 confirmed it is indeed 0.9mm...
+1. Is that the loopless or the classic? Did the hex screw have loctite or was it easy to undo?
Old 30 July 2023, 02:08 PM   #401
Rolextellstime
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex 116610LV
Quote:

Looks amazing, can't wait to get my straps that were ordered.

Sent from my SM-S908W using Tapatalk
Rolextellstime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 July 2023, 11:13 PM   #402
bobernet
"TRF" Member

Blancpain rumors?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notimetodie View Post

It is 22mm. .9mm is the right size, but the first set of tools (traditional L wrenches) were probably undersized. The second set of tools I bought fit just right, but there is some type of thread locker, and they did not come apart easily. This feels like a solution in search of a problem.

These didn’t work: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

These did: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

When I installed the Artem strap, I used normal springbars.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 2 August 2023, 06:03 AM   #403
Jorge Borbolla
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Stunning! Congratulations!
Jorge Borbolla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 August 2023, 11:28 PM   #404
ads75
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sinn 900 Flieger
The Artem looks great. When Blancpain emailed me about my Act One delivery, I wrote that I would like a Sail Cloth option, and they said there would be more options toward the end of the year. I was guessing Act III would be a Bathyscaphe variation LE, but maybe its another Fifty Fathoms using the same 42.3mm case as Act I.
ads75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 August 2023, 03:15 PM   #405
Rolextellstime
"TRF" Member

Just received my new straps. Here's on the black sailcloth. Will try the brown one in a couple of days. 20230808_011214.jpg20230808_011323.jpg

Old 15 August 2023, 11:07 PM   #406
Rolextellstime
"TRF" Member

Here it is on the brown strap. 20230811_132950.jpg

Old 16 August 2023, 10:24 AM   #407
usmc_k9_vet
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolextellstime View Post
Here it is on the brown strap. Attachment 1385581

Looks awesome. I am really considering adjusting some things in my collection to obtain a titanium Fifty Fathoms on sailcloth. I find that with my lifestyle I’m wearing a diver almost 100% of the time, and the FF is an amazing icon. Yours looks great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
usmc_k9_vet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 February 2024, 02:32 AM   #408
BlueIn2Red
"TRF" Member

New release coming on the 29th - "Blancpain will highlight its secular know-how" is what my invitation says! There is also a picture of a moonphase in the email. Anybody heard anything more about what it's likely to be?
BlueIn2Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 February 2024, 03:14 AM   #409
Batmannr1
"TRF" Member

Watch: On the left wrist
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueIn2Red View Post
New release coming on the 29th - "Blancpain will highlight its secular know-how" is what my invitation says! There is also a picture of a moonphase in the email. Anybody heard anything more about what it's likely to be?
No info received. Just a guess.
Probably a perpetual calender. It is a leap year after all.
Batmannr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 February 2024, 03:32 AM   #410
BlueIn2Red
"TRF" Member

Ah yes that would make sense…
BlueIn2Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 February 2024, 07:09 PM   #411
saxo3
"TRF" Member

"Introducing Blancain's latest Villeret
Quantième Perpétuel.

The colour adorning the elegant sunburst dial recalls the fir tree forests of the Vallée de Joux, where this perpetual calendar is crafted by the skilled watchmakers of the Grandes Complications workshop. Paired with a rich brown leather strap, it symbolizes the abundant legacy of a region that has nurtured watchmaking excellence for generations.

Accentuating the timepiece's look, the Villeret collection's signature double-stepped case (40 mm here), hands and hour-markers are made of red gold, providing a captivating contrasting touch to the pleasing aesthetic appeal of this timepiece glowing with warm colours and Blancpain's recognisable moon phase."

saxo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 March 2024, 12:22 AM   #412
saxo3
"TRF" Member

Blancpain rumors?

Price 50'600 USD (info from BP homepage)
Old 1 March 2024, 01:50 AM   #413
Rolextellstime
"TRF" Member

Looks amazing, the shade of green on the dial fits perfectly with the hue of the gold case.

Old 1 March 2024, 03:02 AM   #414
bobernet
"TRF" Member

I wish they’d ditch the useless scale on the moonphase. Otherwise, very sharp looking watch.
Old 1 March 2024, 05:01 AM   #415
Easy E
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

That's a very nice looking piece.
Easy E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 March 2024, 08:07 AM   #416
Easy E
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Next rumor up...the SS 42mm FF
Easy E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 March 2024, 08:15 AM   #417
WatchEater666
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy E View Post
Would be nice! I don't get why only limited editions have been done in sub 45mm sizing...lol
WatchEater666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 March 2024, 08:27 AM   #418
bobernet
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchEater666 View Post
Would be nice! I don't get why only limited editions have been done in sub 45mm sizing...lol

Because they sell… at a premium… and BP makes money.
Old 1 March 2024, 08:38 AM   #419
Crashblue
"TRF" Member

Prices have gone up around 8% at least in Germany.
Crashblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 March 2024, 05:19 PM   #420
saxo3
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy E View Post
Will not happen soon this year.

2023 was the Fifty Fathoms year with three different 70th Anniversary FF watches.