The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 30 December 2020, 05:27 AM   #421
mps354
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB-man View Post
I know it’s just a buckle but it’s damn nice looking lol

Thanks for the tip, the Vegas boutique was easy to deal with, knew exactly what I was looking for. Unfortunately the buckle was already on back order by the time I got to them
mps354 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 December 2020, 07:07 AM   #422
JParm
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Yes!
Just got the text from FedEx - something should be coming my way tomorrow, signature required...
Old 30 December 2020, 07:09 AM   #423
JParm
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Yes!
Quote:
For 28 mine includes a BNIB sailcloth and OEM buckle a $450 value.

Honestly if I don’t like it I’ll prolly just send it back. I’ve started eying some journe lol
If I don't like mine, I'll sell at a premium.

Supply / demand dictates market rate.
Old 30 December 2020, 07:10 AM   #424
sgfortino
"TRF" Member

Watch: Nerd
I got the sailcloth strap and buckle from the LV boutique last week and I must say it’s a really nice combo. Haven’t mounted it yet but plan to soon. Nato covers up that sweet movement.
sgfortino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 December 2020, 07:51 AM   #425
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post

I’m not convinced this watch will sell at a substantial premium. Time will tell.
Old 30 December 2020, 09:05 AM   #426
stormshadow
2024 Pledge Member

Same here. We will see how it goes. I want to see how it stacks up with my other Blancpain pieces (5015 FF, Leman Flyback Grande Date).

Not all can stay around, so we will see what gets put in the block.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post

stormshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 December 2020, 09:43 AM   #427
mps354
2024 Pledge Member

Just got the fedex notification as well, coming tomorrow
mps354 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 December 2020, 09:48 AM   #428
tjantheman
"TRF" Member

6:48 PM, and still no delivery.
tjantheman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 December 2020, 10:12 AM   #429
kritameth
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I know it’s just a buckle but it’s damn nice looking lol

That's a really great looking buckle. How much was it?
kritameth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 December 2020, 10:17 AM   #430
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kritameth View Post
that's a really great looking buckle. How much was it?

Old 30 December 2020, 10:19 AM   #431
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mps354 View Post
Just got the fedex notification as well, coming tomorrow

I’m being left in the dust!
Old 30 December 2020, 11:31 AM   #432
ChaseATX
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5270g
Mine has sat in labor sent to fedex status since Monday morning. Hoping for a tomorrow drop off for a New Years Eve delivery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ChaseATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 December 2020, 11:45 AM   #433
bonvivant
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseATX View Post
Mine has sat in labor sent to fedex status since Monday morning. Hoping for a tomorrow drop off for a New Years Eve delivery.

No movement on this end either. FedEx tracking still indicates delivery by 8PM ET today despite it being 8:45PM.
bonvivant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 December 2020, 01:36 PM   #434
lengrenjt
"TRF" Member

Watch: ALS 1815 AC
Label created on 27th and the actual package was shipped out today late afternoon.
They really made it by 2020.
lengrenjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 December 2020, 02:36 PM   #435
sgfortino
"TRF" Member

I finally mounted it on the sailcloth strap and I must say it’s really nice. I really like the single pass nato I had it on previously and really like the look but the sailcloth is a nice change of pace. Plus you can see the movement then too.

Old 30 December 2020, 07:09 PM   #436
rotiprata
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgfortino View Post
I finally mounted it on the sailcloth strap and I must say it’s really nice. I really like the single pass nato I had it on previously and really like the look but the sailcloth is a nice change of pace. Plus you can see the movement then too.

That buckle though

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
rotiprata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 December 2020, 08:17 PM   #437
TH14
"TRF" Member

Hi all,

I’m based in the UK and new to the forum - I hope everyone had a good holiday period and best wishes for the new year.

I received my watch just before Christmas - my first Blancpain! I’d been considering buying one for a while - I had my name down for a Barakuda but decided against it as the colouring of the lume was a little dark for my taste. I bought and returned the previous Hodinkee edition as it was just a bit too small for me in person. So I was hoping this watch would be the one for me. The details of this one were just what I’d been hoping for - no date, brushed case, no case engraving, simplified dial and bezel markings, smaller bezel font, matte dial. And in person, it doesn’t disappoint. I hope all of those waiting receive the watch asap. I was hoping to share some photos to help with the wait but I can’t post links yet as I’ve just joined. I’ll do so as soon as I can.

I’m wearing the watch on an olive NATO at the moment but plan to add the Blancpain tropic style strap. I wondered if any owners could help me with some questions about that strap, please?

- Will the standard size of strap fit a 17cm wrist (I’ve read it’s quite short)?
- The Milspec comes with curved, shoulderless spring bars. Will these fit the tropic strap? Or does the strap take straight spring bars?

Thanks for your help!
TH14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 December 2020, 11:35 PM   #438
rotiprata
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TH14 View Post
Hi all,

I’m based in the UK and new to the forum - I hope everyone had a good holiday period and best wishes for the new year.

I received my watch just before Christmas - my first Blancpain! I’d been considering buying one for a while - I had my name down for a Barakuda but decided against it as the colouring of the lume was a little dark for my taste. I bought and returned the previous Hodinkee edition as it was just a bit too small for me in person. So I was hoping this watch would be the one for me. The details of this one were just what I’d been hoping for - no date, brushed case, no case engraving, simplified dial and bezel markings, smaller bezel font, matte dial. And in person, it doesn’t disappoint. I hope all of those waiting receive the watch asap. I was hoping to share some photos to help with the wait but I can’t post links yet as I’ve just joined. I’ll do so as soon as I can.

I’m wearing the watch on an olive NATO at the moment but plan to add the Blancpain tropic style strap. I wondered if any owners could help me with some questions about that strap, please?

- Will the standard size of strap fit a 17cm wrist (I’ve read it’s quite short)?
- The Milspec comes with curved, shoulderless spring bars. Will these fit the tropic strap? Or does the strap take straight spring bars?

Thanks for your help!
Wow congrats!!! Really glad you manage to receive it before the year ends. Wishing you a good wear! I am gonna be greedy and ask for a video instead , we need that live teasing. Playboy photos just don't do it anymore.

For the strap sizing, I shall leave it to the experts here!

Old 30 December 2020, 11:36 PM   #439
rotiprata
"TRF" Member

For those who have had their UPS updates, did you guys receive the Hodinkee shipping update email?

Old 31 December 2020, 12:08 AM   #440
kritameth
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgfortino View Post

I'm a little bummed someone said BP only makes the 18mm buckle in polished, so I ordered a buckle from Zealande, had I known they made it in brushed and looks this great I would've splurged. Still undecided whether to get the BP sailcloth or BP Tropic, but I must say, that looks fantastic!
kritameth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 December 2020, 12:19 AM   #441
ap1
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TH14 View Post
Hi all,

Thanks for your help!
I’ll chime in and say their std sailcloth is short. I have 6.5 wrist and there isn’t much tail. It’s kinda odd.
ap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 December 2020, 12:45 AM   #442
tjantheman
"TRF" Member

Now my FedEx app says “pending” instead of “arriving Tuesday,” which obviously didn’t happen.

Didn’t somebody on here say Hodinkee gave buyers a generous store credit towards a future purchase when one of their collaborations arrived late? I wonder if we’ll receive store credit too.
tjantheman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 December 2020, 12:47 AM   #443
gm58
"TRF" Member

they still have until the 31 dec before it is officially over! no updates as to why they were delayed etc...
gm58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 December 2020, 12:47 AM   #444
bonvivant
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjantheman View Post
Now my FedEx app says “pending” instead of “arriving Tuesday,” which obviously didn’t happen.

Didn’t somebody on here say Hodinkee gave buyers a generous store credit towards a future purchase when one of their collaborations arrived late? I wonder if we’ll receive store credit too.

Same here. FedEx now indicates, “Pending” after previously having an ETA of 12/29 before 8PM.
Old 31 December 2020, 12:47 AM   #445
sgfortino
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ap1 View Post
I’ll chime in and say their std sailcloth is short. I have 6.5 wrist and there isn’t much tail. It’s kinda odd.
I agree with this. I have a smaller wrist and ordered the short sailcloth strap and there are only two holes left on my wrist.
Old 31 December 2020, 12:58 AM   #446
ChaseATX
"TRF" Member

Thinking the sub gets booted from this box when it lands. Hopefully tomorrow. Relegated

Old 31 December 2020, 01:33 AM   #447
pdnb
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5726, 5212
Quote:

Thinking the sub gets booted from this box when it lands. Hopefully tomorrow. Relegated

Hi Chase! Nice 6 pack!

pdnb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 December 2020, 02:44 AM   #448
ChaseATX
"TRF" Member

Just chatted with the HODINKEE shop. Those with labels created already are getting the watches dropped at FedEx later today!

Old 31 December 2020, 05:35 AM   #449
lengrenjt
"TRF" Member

Watch: ALS 1815 AC
Quote:

Wow now that is some amazing collections!
lengrenjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 December 2020, 09:43 AM   #450
bonvivant
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Just chatted with the HODINKEE shop. Those with labels created already are getting the watches dropped at FedEx later today!

Hodinkee sent a response my way indicating the same. Now just waiting for a tracking update. Hopefully by this time tomorrow we’ll all be posting unboxing photos!