The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 12 May 2015, 04:50 AM   #421
s14roller
"TRF" Member

Congrats!!!
s14roller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 May 2015, 05:17 AM   #422
lapince
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5712
Quote:
Originally Posted by conkers View Post
And another.
Thanks for the pics Roger Now that's a big watch I think I would have a hard time selling any watch which is a piece unique, the 30 and the triangle on the bezel seem to be push buttons, if they are what is their function?

Quote:
Yes I have seen it but I prefer the earlier tourbillon designs where the tourbillon is much more visible.
The Skull is definitely the one I prefer, but like you say it would be nice if the tourbillon was more visible, the fact that it makes a watch more precise nowadays is not the main interest, the beauty of the tourbillon moving is the main one for me
lapince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 May 2015, 05:36 AM   #423
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMehta87 View Post
FedEx guy caught just as I was about to leave for work. A few quick and dirty pics attached before I had to run. So excited to finally have this bad boy on my wrist! Look forward to playing with it tonight at home and getting used to size.

Thanks to Texex91 for helping me with my several questions and most importantly to Conkers without whom I would not be able to have my grail today. Now if someone wants to show me how to set this thing, that'd be great!
Huge congrats!
GB-man is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12 May 2015, 07:04 AM   #424
conkers
"TRF" Member

Watch: Too many!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lapince View Post
Thanks for the pics Roger Now that's a big watch I think I would have a hard time selling any watch which is a piece unique, the 30 and the triangle on the bezel seem to be push buttons, if they are what is their function?
They are the locking mechanism for rotating bezel. You have to press at 12 o'clock and 6 o'clock at the same time to allow it to turn.
conkers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 May 2015, 01:58 PM   #425
fmc000
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HL65 View Post
Spectacular - love it!! Big congrats...Cheers,
We're all waiting Ken...
fmc000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 May 2015, 01:59 PM   #426
fmc000
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMehta87 View Post
FedEx guy caught just as I was about to leave for work. A few quick and dirty pics attached before I had to run. So excited to finally have this bad boy on my wrist! Look forward to playing with it tonight at home and getting used to size.

Thanks to Texex91 for helping me with my several questions and most importantly to Conkers without whom I would not be able to have my grail today. Now if someone wants to show me how to set this thing, that'd be great!
:c heers:

Looks perfect on you! May you wear it in the best of health.
Old 12 May 2015, 09:57 PM   #427
texex91
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmc000 View Post
We're all waiting Ken...
Yes we are...
texex91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 May 2015, 10:49 PM   #428
fmc000
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by texex91 View Post
Yes we are...

Hint.... (pic borrowed from the net of course)

Old 12 May 2015, 11:09 PM   #429
el1125
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmc000 View Post

Hint.... (pic borrowed from the net of course)

Great piece!
el1125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 May 2015, 11:59 PM   #430
edo
"TRF" Member

It's becoming hot in this thread.

Congrats everyone
edo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 May 2015, 06:22 AM   #431
h999r
Banned

Watch: -ing Barts.
love this thread
h999r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 May 2015, 04:16 AM   #432
breitlingherst
"TRF" Member

Watch: Richard Mille...
Rm2/3?

Quote:
Yes I have seen it but I prefer the earlier tourbillon designs where the tourbillon is much more visible.

like teh RM001/02/03?? I prefer the RM002 to the RM003... as I am sure you are all aware!
breitlingherst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 May 2015, 09:41 AM   #433
conkers
"TRF" Member

Watch: Too many!
Quote:
Originally Posted by breitlingherst View Post
like teh RM001/02/03?? I prefer the RM002 to the RM003... as I am sure you are all aware!
Yes although 21 and 22 even more so. 1/2/3 a little small for my tastes.
conkers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 May 2015, 09:46 AM   #434
texex91
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Yes although 21 and 22 even more so. 1/2/3 a little small for my tastes.
x2
Old 15 May 2015, 04:02 AM   #435
skeen
"TRF" Member

This is definitely on the list: http://www.watchcollectinglifestyle....r-the-americas

I'm feeling very impatient - just wish time would go faster!
skeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 May 2015, 04:07 AM   #436
texex91
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeen View Post
This is definitely on the list: http://www.watchcollectinglifestyle....r-the-americas

I'm feeling very impatient - just wish time would go faster!
Love it!
Old 15 May 2015, 05:54 AM   #437
edo
"TRF" Member

And speaking of white ceramic RMs, there is last February release Asia Limited Singapore 011 50 pcs.

But in my eyes no white watch can beat Bubba 055...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Richard Mille RM 011 Ceramic NTPT Singapore Edition 2.jpg (87.1 KB, 580 views)
Old 18 May 2015, 04:53 AM   #438
edo
"TRF" Member

And there is 003 Yas Marina 5pcs limited... really loved Yas Marina 011 WG... don't know about this color combo...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 10955398_1548182868768295_824288712_n.jpg (126.4 KB, 538 views)
Old 18 May 2015, 04:55 AM   #439
texex91
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by edo View Post
And there is 003 Yas Marina 5pcs limited... really loved Yas Marina 011 WG... don't know about this color combo...
Not a fan of baby blue...
Old 18 May 2015, 09:30 AM   #440
lapince
"TRF" Member

It's funny because before I didn't get RM at all, but now I like some a lot, but the ones without numerals and minimalistic dials, if only they would make a Skull but without the Tourbillon, but a black Bubba Watson would do also
Old 19 May 2015, 04:43 AM   #441
tom2517
"TRF" Member

Wow I must say I am surprised so many seems to have bitten the RM bug, considering some are diehard PP and Rolex fans.

RM is created not by a watchmaker, and doesn't have a long history. Outsource their movement (high end gets APRP, middle like RM11 gets Vaucher), and the movement itself are mostly machine finished (no hand bevelling).

RM basically only makes the cases and gets away with charging prices higher than Patek on average. They recently just came out with RM11 with bracelet, asking 60,000 CHF for the titanium bracelet itself. Hm....that's more than two 5711s. Yeah I know, the watch industry or all luxury goods for that matter, charges prices according to what they think people will pay.

But a 60k Ti bracelet, I have to tip my hats to the stupendous RM marketing machine, they impressed me with their ability to sell watches more than the watch itself.
tom2517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 May 2015, 05:14 AM   #442
texex91
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom2517 View Post
Wow I must say I am surprised so many seems to have bitten the RM bug, considering some are diehard PP and Rolex fans.

RM is created not by a watchmaker, and doesn't have a long history. Outsource their movement (high end gets APRP, middle like RM11 gets Vaucher), and the movement itself are mostly machine finished (no hand bevelling).

RM basically only makes the cases and gets away with charging prices higher than Patek on average. They recently just came out with RM11 with bracelet, asking 60,000 CHF for the titanium bracelet itself. Hm....that's more than two 5711s. Yeah I know, the watch industry or all luxury goods for that matter, charges prices according to what they think people will pay.

But a 60k Ti bracelet, I have to tip my hats to the stupendous RM marketing machine, they impressed me with their ability to sell watches more than the watch itself.
So what's your point? You think RM is too expensive? Great, don't buy one

Now back to our regularly scheduled programming...
Old 19 May 2015, 07:57 AM   #443
lapince
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Well it took me a long time to like them but I really like some models, sure they are out of my financial reach and will probably never own one but some like the Skull and Bubba Watson are really cool, about the high prices my wife went to Hermes shop in Paris last summer, she was shocked to see a cotton white t-shirt that according to her, but she has good taste in clothes, looked like crap. RM have a unique design and in a way are quite unique in the watch business, and I'm not suffering from any RM marketing since the only place I read about them is here, of course there are some dangerous enablers here but don't think any of them are paid by RM to do marketing.
They make some models in very low numbers, some go at 5 pieces in all, so you pay the exclusivity of having a watch that very few other people on earth will have, plus they have a few nice "tunning" features like getting a different crown color than the one it comes with normally, at no extra cost if I understood correctly, there are other brands, which I won't name here, which make crappy watches that cost a fortune, so I am not shocked by the RM prices...

Quote:

Old 19 May 2015, 02:41 PM   #444
tom2517
"TRF" Member

Quote:

What is your problem? I can't make a comment on RM if it's not on the good side?
Old 19 May 2015, 02:58 PM   #445
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Quote:
What is your problem? I can't make a comment on RM if it's not on the good side?
Tom,

Nothing wrong with voicing your opinion. That is what we are all here for. The issue lies with your venue to do so. We are in the RM daily photo thread.

This is akin to showing up to the f1 race with a ban hydrocarbons t shirt. Dont expect a warm welcome
GB-man is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19 May 2015, 08:18 PM   #446
edo
"TRF" Member

Even me, a diehard RM fan, can't understand logic of 65k $ bracelet.

Ti with bracelet is 20k $ more than White Ghost, Black Phantom ceramic models and also 20k more than rose gold Ivory model witch is insane...

On other side, regarding other RM prices, nothing wrong to pay premium for insane wrist presence, cool factor and amazing finishing... same as there is nothing wrong to pay premium for "name" and "heritage"...
Old 19 May 2015, 09:30 PM   #447
tom2517
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB-man View Post
Tom,

Nothing wrong with voicing your opinion. That is what we are all here for. The issue lies with your venue to do so. We are in the RM daily photo thread.

This is akin to showing up to the f1 race with a ban hydrocarbons t shirt. Dont expect a warm welcome
Yeah well, this is not a true daily photo thread, as there are a lot of discussions of RM in here, so didn't think it would matter. I guess someone should put up a sign says "if you don't have anything good to say about RM, you are not welcome".

Besides, technically I am complimenting RM, for being able to get people to buy their watches while not a true manufacturer themselves, or charging 60K CHF for a non precious metal bracelet, isn't that more impressive than the watch itself?

It almost seems like some rules that are used to critique other watch makers doesn't apply to RM. Outsource their movement? Don't mind. Movement not hand finished? Who cares, it looks cool.

Anyways, for those who haven't seen it, here's a pix of the bracelet (from the net) that's worth the price of three 5711s. 170k for the entire watch.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg RM_SIHH15_-16_zps3dixkcst.jpg (71.8 KB, 472 views)
Old 19 May 2015, 10:25 PM   #448
texex91
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB-man View Post
Tom,

Well said. And yes Tom, we have thick skin around here (trust me), but coming on and basically saying RM is an over priced watch with zero heritage and a marketing scam, is not going to get you a warm welcome. Make more sense now

Now carry on and feel free to what whatever you like--it's a public forum. As for the bracelet, I hate the way it looks no matter the price. But then again I own a RM011 and find the rubber strap and clasp the best made for any sports watch (AP rubber with tang buckle is a close second).

I will tell you out of any watch I've owned (and that is one or two) the RM keeps the most accurate time, is the most comfortable (hands down), gets more compliments and overall has the best wrist presence. Period. And those are the FACTS as I see them at least.

Looks like their 'marketing machine' has worked
Old 20 May 2015, 07:08 AM   #449
breitlingherst
"TRF" Member

Watch: Richard Mille...
i like it....

Quote:
Very unusual and like the baby blue color, especially on one of my favorite models!
breitlingherst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 May 2015, 07:42 AM   #450
lapince
"TRF" Member

Quote:
And speaking of white ceramic RMs, there is last February release Asia Limited Singapore 011 50 pcs.

But in my eyes no white watch can beat Bubba 055...
I love the Bubba, white or black, my favorite RM after the Skull

Quote:
Now carry on and feel free to what whatever you like--it's a public forum. As for the bracelet, I hate the way it looks no matter the price. But then again I own a RM011 and find the rubber strap and clasp the best made for any sports watch (AP rubber with tang buckle is a close second).
I agree on the bracelet Paul, when I read the price was expecting a bomb, it looks a little like crap, very close to the metal bracelet for the Patek 5167, don't you guys think so too?

5167_1A_001.png

Tags
011 , 011-03 , 035 , 035-02 , richard mille