The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Old 31 December 2021, 11:46 PM   #511
Benzsiam
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/AP/PP/ALS
Thanks to Patek that came out with new 5711 Tiffany blue.

Rolex and Patek both are the winners.
Rolex: 116621, 126333, 126711CHNR, 114060, 116500LN White, 126660 JC, 126710BLNR, 126710BLRO, 116610LV, 126610LN, 126610LV, 116508 YG Green Dial, 124300 Turquoise, 126719BLRO Meteorite dial, 228235 Olive dial ,126755SARU, 116505 RG Black dial, 326934 Blue Sky D.
AP: 15451ST Blue, 15500OR w/Bracelet, 14790SA, 14790BA, 26022BC(Salmon) PP: 5524R, 5712G, ALS: Time Zone 136.032, Cartier: WGSA0030, WSSA0061, YG Oct. 2965, Carree 2961, Tank W5000156 Breguet: 7137BA, MontBlanc: 109996"
Benzsiam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 31 December 2021, 11:50 PM   #512
cbalster
"TRF" Member

Doxa makes a Tiffany Submariner for $990. Everyone go buy it before it's discontinued, and list it on C24 for $10k. I got one, but I'm not selling at any price.

https://www.watchesofswitzerland.com....10/p/18800023
cbalster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 January 2022, 01:13 AM   #513
nokaoi1
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbalster View Post
Doxa makes a Tiffany Submariner for $990. Everyone go buy it before it's discontinued, and list it on C24 for $10k. I got one, but I'm not selling at any price.

https://www.watchesofswitzerland.com....10/p/18800023

Wtf is a doxa

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
nokaoi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 January 2022, 01:14 AM   #514
nokaoi1
"TRF" Member

Picked up a new roll for mine

Old 1 January 2022, 01:25 AM   #515
cbalster
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nokaoi1 View Post
Wtf is a doxa

Doxa independent watch brand with a very rich history, particularly in dive watches. They worked with Rolex to develop to HEV in the Sea-Dweller. They were real tool watches with colorful dials but the history was muddled by the quartz crisis. They're pretty cool but you know, Rolex is Rolex and stands alone.
cbalster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 January 2022, 01:25 AM   #516
Driver8
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Wtf is a doxa
Oh just one of the most important dive watch brands of the 1960's, and used by Jacques Cousteau amongst others. In fact Doxa predated the SD with the helium escape valve in 1969. They were founded in 1889 and were in continuous operation until 1980, before being revived in 1997.

Quite an important brand if you have a wider interest in horology.
Driver8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 January 2022, 05:21 AM   #517
JacksonRain
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Excellent HNY!
JacksonRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 January 2022, 06:42 AM   #518
Goin2drt
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver8 View Post
Oh just one of the most important dive watch brands of the 1960's, and used by Jacques Cousteau amongst others. In fact Doxa predated the SD with the helium escape valve in 1969. They were founded in 1889 and were in continuous operation until 1980, before being revived in 1997.

Quite an important brand if you have a wider interest in horology.
Yep and I own a Mission 31. I actually have number 31 that was worn on the mission by Fabien and then sent to me. They took down a few on the mission. Total of 331 made.
IMG_0098.jpg

IMG_0099.jpg
Goin2drt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 January 2022, 06:54 AM   #519
dpt.calvin
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Who makes that? Love it!
Old 1 January 2022, 06:56 AM   #520
nokaoi1
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpt.calvin View Post
Who makes that? Love it!
the watch stand!

https://thewatchstand.com/products/t...d2439995&_ss=r

unbelievable quality!
Old 1 January 2022, 02:10 PM   #521
Rrpdc
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screwly View Post
Eric said he would offer you 18k

https://youtu.be/o52ImKiIMhI
I saw that too. Eric would be a fool not to buy up every op 41 turquoise he could in low 20’s. All bs sarcasm I assume for his YouTube channel.
Rrpdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 January 2022, 10:44 PM   #522
Madman37
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbalster View Post
Doxa independent watch brand with a very rich history, particularly in dive watches. They worked with Rolex to develop to HEV in the Sea-Dweller. They were real tool watches with colorful dials but the history was muddled by the quartz crisis. They're pretty cool but you know, Rolex is Rolex and stands alone.
Wow. Unfortunately they people posting the Aqua blue Rolex don’t care about history of brands etc just how fast their watch is going up and that it matches their socks.
Madman37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 January 2022, 10:59 AM   #523
JacksonRain
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madman37 View Post
Wow. Unfortunately they people posting the Aqua blue Rolex don’t care about history of brands etc just how fast their watch is going up and that it matches their socks.
The percentage growth surpasses my stock portfolio, my friend.
Old 2 January 2022, 02:24 PM   #524
GoingPlaces
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madman37 View Post

Right. More investment threads. Passion for watches is secondary for some.

GoingPlaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 January 2022, 03:37 PM   #525
Tensai
"TRF" Member

Watch: all the good ones
Perhaps the moderators would consider making a whole new "Rolex Investment Discussion" area for these topics? Just accept the fact they exist, but put them somewhere else please. Cheers and happy 2022.
Tensai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 January 2022, 04:00 PM   #526
ThePalletFork
"TRF" Member

Wow unbelievable
ThePalletFork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 January 2022, 07:05 PM   #527
ev8296
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610LV 126600
It would be really nice if the Dial was actually signed by Tiffany.
Over price wannabe Tiffany.
ev8296 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 January 2022, 07:50 PM   #528
rambo99
Banned

Watch: SD43,PAM1616,Hulk
Quote:
Originally Posted by ev8296 View Post
It would be really nice if the Dial was actually signed by Tiffany.
Over price wannabe Tiffany.
it would be a different story then, easily over 100k.
rambo99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 January 2022, 06:06 PM   #529
JacksonRain
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo99 View Post
it would be a different story then, easily over 100k.
Yeah I've thought about this... Definitely would be in 6 figures... Guess we will never know
Old 3 January 2022, 11:45 PM   #530
Chadridv
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116610LV
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoingPlaces View Post
Right. More investment threads. Passion for watches is secondary for some.

I don’t really see how it can be ignored.

I’ve been collecting watches for 20+ years and observed my father collect my entire life. While I’ve never seen secondary market prices drop I’ve also never seen a time like this.

I got more serious about buying about 10-15 years ago. I’ve been buying from both trusted sellers and ADs since 2014. I have over $100k of purchases with one of my local ADs from the past couple years.

I only mention it to tell you I rarely get the call for anything. I can’t get on a list for a Daytona. I called every AD I worked with the day these OPs were released, I wanted a 36 for my wife and 41 for me. Even gave multiple color options.

So where does that leave me? It leaves me making potentially bad financial decisions because my passion for this hobby is that strong.

On this forum you’re damned if you do damned if you don’t. If I say I don’t care about the premium and just want a specific watch for the passion, I’m said to be an idiot, crazy, a fool soon to be parted with his money.

So after you hear all these so called experts and “passionate” enthusiasts tell you how stupid you are for paying a premium, you tend to keep a close eye on the market to see how stupid you were for spending that extra money. Turns out I’ve literally never bought a watch that dropped in value! Who knew!?

Point being you don’t need to be primarily following the market here cause you see these watches as investments. Some of us follow it because our passion for these watches truly out weighs what is (supposedly) illogical decisions and spending habits lol.

Also, we all have our bucket list watches right? Unless you are a true VIP at your ADs, it’s likely you have been priced out of EVER owning some of these watches. Last year I decided to bite the bullet on many of mine, especially after thinking I’d own a 5711 one day and seeing it sore over $100k. YES, I did research, looked at the market trends and history. Read a little about anniversary years. And YES admittedly approached some of these purchases as if they were investments, because I’m trying to ride the balance between true passion for this hobby and not throwing away money for no reason.

This is not ever where I expected this hobby to be, but again unless you’re a VIP that’s spent millions over the years with ADs this is part of the hobby evolution. I think people need to stop crying about it and accept it.
Chadridv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 January 2022, 12:03 AM   #531
teck21
"TRF" Member

Watch: Tudor Black Bay 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadridv View Post

I’ve been collecting watches for 20+ years and observed my father collect my entire life. While I’ve never seen secondary market prices drop I’ve also never seen a time like this.

I got more serious about buying about 10-15 years ago. I’ve been buying from both trusted sellers and ADs since 2014. I have over $100k of purchases with one of my local ADs from the past couple years.

I only mention it to tell you I rarely get the call for anything. I can’t get on a list for a Daytona. I called every AD I worked with the day these OPs were released, I wanted a 36 for my wife and 41 for me. Even gave multiple color options.

So where does that leave me? It leaves me making potentially bad financial decisions because my passion for this hobby is that strong.

On this forum you’re damned if you do damned if you don’t. If I say I don’t care about the premium and just want a specific watch for the passion, I’m said to be an idiot, crazy, a fool soon to be parted with his money.

So after you hear all these so called experts and “passionate” enthusiasts tell you how stupid you are for paying a premium, you tend to keep a close eye on the market to see how stupid you were for spending that extra money. Turns out I’ve literally never bought a watch that dropped in value! Who knew!?

Point being you don’t need to be primarily following the market here cause you see these watches as investments. Some of us follow it because our passion for these watches truly out weighs what is (supposedly) illogical decisions and spending habits lol.

Also, we all have our bucket list watches right? Unless you are a true VIP at your ADs, it’s likely you have been priced out of EVER owning some of these watches. Last year I decided to bite the bullet on many of mine, especially after thinking I’d own a 5711 one day and seeing it sore over $100k. YES, I did research, looked at the market trends and history. Read a little about anniversary years. And YES admittedly approached some of these purchases as if they were investments, because I’m trying to ride the balance between true passion for this hobby and not throwing away money for no reason.

This is not ever where I expected this hobby to be, but again unless you’re a VIP that’s spent millions over the years with ADs this is part of the hobby evolution. I think people need to stop crying about it and accept it.

That’s some very thoughtful sharing.

teck21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 January 2022, 12:27 AM   #532
GoingPlaces
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Always enjoy your posts Chadri. Well articulated. Thank you.
GoingPlaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 January 2022, 02:16 AM   #533
Sub*Man
"TRF" Member

Watch: The HYPED ones
Quote:

Curios, what market are you in?

In most markets $100k should get you a Daytona… I documented my Daytona journey on here, and I was super frustrated, it took over 3 years but once I crossed $100k in spend, it came to fruition. Then, the doors seem to open up.

Panerai 1033 GMT -
God is Good
Sub*Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 January 2022, 02:22 AM   #534
ArtNouveau
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: BLRO/Daytona/OP41s
Quote:
Wtf is a doxa

You need to get out more.
ArtNouveau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 January 2022, 02:24 AM   #535
Chadridv
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116610LV
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sub*Man View Post
Curios, what market are you in?

In most markets $100k should get you a Daytona… I documented my Daytona journey on here, and I was super frustrated, it took over 3 years but once I crossed $100k in spend, it came to fruition. Then, the doors seem to open up.

Long island/ NYC.

I've heard many amazing stories here on the forums of ADs coming through for both long time loyal customers and relatively new ones! All good stuff.

Unfortunately here in NY $100k gets me a call for a black bay 58, and that's 2 years after it's release haha.
Chadridv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 January 2022, 02:33 AM   #536
CarlOver
"TRF" Member

Quote:

I greatly appreciate this type of reflection looking back many years and comparing to where we are today.
CarlOver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 January 2022, 02:41 AM   #537
Randy9999
"TRF" Member

Watch: red 1680; 6542
Quote:

100% agree. I'm very tired of people disparaging others here for tracking value. My collection is extensive, with Chrono24 valuing my 57 watches at just under $800k (as of this morning). I track value all the time. But I have NEVER sold a watch. I imagine that time will come in 20 years when I downsize holdings of all kinds, but at present I'm the definition of an anti-flipper, LOL. Still I enjoy tracking value, and I disagree with the cultish judges here who would disparage me for doing so.
Randy9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 January 2022, 04:34 AM   #538
Sub*Man
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Long island/ NYC.

I've heard many amazing stories here on the forums of ADs coming through for both long time loyal customers and relatively new ones! All good stuff.

Unfortunately here in NY $100k gets me a call for a black bay 58, and that's 2 years after it's release haha.

I was thinking it had to be a major market… NY, Chicago, LA, Miami… Seems like you have to be $250k + to even get recognized walking through the door. Im sorry to hear that for you. I’m in a mid-market, it’s much different, but understandable that you wouldn’t want to start your spend history over with a new AD.

Panerai 1033 GMT -
God is Good
Old 4 January 2022, 04:36 AM   #539
Sub*Man
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy9999 View Post
100% agree. I'm very tired of people disparaging others here for tracking value. My collection is extensive, with Chrono24 valuing my 57 watches at just under $800k (as of this morning). I track value all the time. But I have NEVER sold a watch. I imagine that time will come in 20 years when I downsize holdings of all kinds, but at present I'm the definition of an anti-flipper, LOL. Still I enjoy tracking value, and I disagree with the cultish judges here who would disparage me for doing so.

Incredibly well said. I track my values monthly - for net worth calculating and insurance purposes.

These watches have turned into asset classes and absolutely should be valued/treated as such. You can look at high end watches as investments without immediately garnering a return.

Panerai 1033 GMT -
God is Good
Old 4 January 2022, 04:37 AM   #540
Sub*Man
"TRF" Member

Anyone who doesn’t put high end watches in the same lane as fine art, wine, classic cars etc doesn’t understand alt investments or at a minimum, doesn’t appreciate them.

Panerai 1033 GMT -
God is Good