The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 16 March 2022, 07:33 PM   #31
thesharkfactor
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT
What's special about next week that you expect some movement?
Old 16 March 2022, 09:18 PM   #32
EEpro
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Daytona
where do you guys see sport models price next week?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesharkfactor View Post
What's special about next week that you expect some movement?
Watches and wonders in 2 weeks I assumed.

Up slightly.
Old 16 March 2022, 09:27 PM   #33
1William
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/Others
The same. After Watches and Wonders it will go up as many have been waiting to see what is going to be released and discontinued.
Old 16 March 2022, 09:28 PM   #34
10klakes
"TRF" Member

Watch: Collector
With fuel prices on the rise, it’s conceivable that it will cost more for Rolex to ship the watches to ADs worldwide. How about the cost of the metals to make the watches? I think Rolex, just like any other business, is going to have to be nimble and adjust prices to keep up with cost of mfg. It’s hard to say when the price changes will happen, but once a year price increase isn’t fluid enough to respond to this economy.
Old 17 March 2022, 02:32 AM   #35
marc12
Banned

Watch: Blue Steel SD
50% chance
Old 17 March 2022, 03:14 AM   #36
Mendota
"TRF" Member

Watch: OP36 Blue 3-6-9
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10klakes View Post
With fuel prices on the rise, it’s conceivable that it will cost more for Rolex to ship the watches to ADs worldwide. How about the cost of the metals to make the watches? I think Rolex, just like any other business, is going to have to be nimble and adjust prices to keep up with cost of mfg. It’s hard to say when the price changes will happen, but once a year price increase isn’t fluid enough to respond to this economy.
I don't think they are hurting for capital. Besides, oil prices are already 28% off their highs and still falling. Gas prices are sticky, though, hence the rockets and feathers analogy.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/03/16/busin...den/index.html

Some upcoming things that could potentially help to ease all of this.

1) Venezuela is working with the US govt to approve permits to increase their production by over 50% (+400,000bpd) on top of the ~755K bpd they produce.

2) OPEC+ has agreed to increase overall production by ~400,000 bpd which is only a drop in the bucket, but helps.

3) Meetings are underway in Vienna to renew the 2015 Iran Nuclear deal and finally lift the Iran sanctions to allow the Iranian oil to come back onto the market at full capacity. Iran said they can boost their output in 1-2 months and this would add an additional 1.4million bpd onto the already 2.1million bpd they currently produce under the sanctions.

4) The major Covid shutdowns all over China are also contributing to a short term decrease in demand over these next couple of weeks. Unknown impact on bpd demand numbers.

So if the planets come into alignment and these things all happen, that's an additional ~2.2million bpd that will be coming into a market that desperately wants it. Fingers crossed!
Old 17 March 2022, 03:32 AM   #37
10klakes
"TRF" Member

Watch: Collector
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mendota View Post
I don't think they are hurting for capital.
While I’m sure this is true, businesses adjust prices when their cost of doing business changes. A quick look at the commodities market and the cost of material (platinum, stainless steel, and others) shows a sharp rise, and will continue to rise, if producing them, shipping them, or access to them, becomes more costly.

I’m not an economist, but I do have friends in the mfg industry that work with metals (fabricating), and there are sobering price hikes coming our way (globally). Rolex isn’t precluded, and their entire mfg process involves metals of all kinds.
Old 17 March 2022, 03:58 AM   #38
Mendota
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10klakes View Post
While I’m sure this is true, businesses adjust prices when their cost of doing business changes. A quick look at the commodities market and the cost of material (platinum, stainless steel, and others) shows a sharp rise, and will continue to rise, if producing them, shipping them, or access to them, becomes more costly.

I’m not an economist, but I do have friends in the mfg industry that work with metals (fabricating), and there are sobering price hikes coming our way (globally). Rolex isn’t precluded, and their entire mfg process involves metals of all kinds.
I agree 100% and the shutdowns in China aren't going to help with that aspect, either, since some of the areas that closed down are big tech manufacturing areas. I am only looking at the potential for a little relief on the transportation side of the equation, but you are absolutely right. That's only one part of the big picture in this upside down world we are in right now. A client of mine arranges for shipping and freight forwarding for a lot of major companies with operations in China and the container costs have just been mind boggling.
Old 17 March 2022, 08:58 AM   #39
karleone
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjwalter80 View Post
By next week?

Green sub - 75k
Batman - 85k
Pepsi - 150k
Panda Daytona - 22.4M
This
Old 17 March 2022, 09:00 AM   #40
Xyza0722
"TRF" Member

Watch: Me go
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimcameron View Post
close this thread.
+1
Old 17 March 2022, 09:20 AM   #41
Robf52
"TRF" Member

Watch: lots of Rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimcameron View Post
Close this thread.
This.
126334 DJ41 Rhodium/Diamonds//126331 DJ41 TT Wimbledon
124300 OP41 Green//126334 DJ41Mint Green
Old 17 March 2022, 09:21 AM   #42
Gab27
"TRF" Member

Watch: 114060
I see secondary dealers trying to get as much as they possibly can get for the watches, which isn't drastically different from what is happening this week.
Old 18 March 2022, 10:02 AM   #43
Fedpete
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I don't think they are hurting for capital. Besides, oil prices are already 28% off their highs and still falling. Gas prices are sticky, though, hence the rockets and feathers analogy.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/03/16/busin...den/index.html

Some upcoming things that could potentially help to ease all of this.

1) Venezuela is working with the US govt to approve permits to increase their production by over 50% (+400,000bpd) on top of the ~755K bpd they produce.

2) OPEC+ has agreed to increase overall production by ~400,000 bpd which is only a drop in the bucket, but helps.

3) Meetings are underway in Vienna to renew the 2015 Iran Nuclear deal and finally lift the Iran sanctions to allow the Iranian oil to come back onto the market at full capacity. Iran said they can boost their output in 1-2 months and this would add an additional 1.4million bpd onto the already 2.1million bpd they currently produce under the sanctions.

4) The major Covid shutdowns all over China are also contributing to a short term decrease in demand over these next couple of weeks. Unknown impact on bpd demand numbers.

So if the planets come into alignment and these things all happen, that's an additional ~2.2million bpd that will be coming into a market that desperately wants it. Fingers crossed!

Lol. Wait for this idea guys, this is crazy but here me out. What if, stay with me here, what if we just decided to become the world’s greatest producer of energy and instead of begging oil cartels and dictators—stay on board here, we just tapped the trillions of barrels of oil right inside the US.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 18 March 2022, 10:07 AM   #44
EEpro
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Daytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedpete View Post
Lol. Wait for this idea guys, this is crazy but here me out. What if, stay with me here, what if we just decided to become the world’s greatest producer of energy and instead of begging oil cartels and dictators—stay on board here, we just tapped the trillions of barrels of oil right inside the US.

Old 18 March 2022, 10:42 AM   #45
JimSnyder
"TRF" Member

Watch: Ask me later.....
Unobtainable
Old 18 March 2022, 11:13 AM   #46
Mendota
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Right? Don't even get me started. Green technology is going to take decades. Decades. In the meantime we need to be pursuing that and supporting petroleum at the same time. As the third world industrializes and wants to join the middle class, that takes oil. We are cutting off our noses to spite our faces. Did you know that a lot of the backlash and propaganda being used against shale and nuclear has actually been funded by Russian companies? They want Americans to think it's dirty and unsafe so rather than drill our own or build clean nuclear, we would buy from overseas to keep it out of our backyards.

A good start would be stopping Biden's illegal termination of the drilling permits that were already issued for federal land. Hopefully the lawsuits will end well. Or how about not making it so difficult for the majors to issue corporate bonds? Or maybe stop trying to rob them of corporate profits so they can invest in upstream infrastructure. We need more refineries. Maybe right now we should stop those offshore filling stations in the Gulf that are literally filling up dozens of tankers daily to ship it overseas. We could use that.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
Old 18 March 2022, 11:15 AM   #47
JRell
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126710BLNR Jubilee
This thread has gone to a place of no return.
Old 18 March 2022, 11:21 AM   #48
Mendota
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRell View Post
This thread has gone to a place of no return.

Old 18 March 2022, 11:25 AM   #49
dlrolex
"TRF" Member

I was here
Old 18 March 2022, 11:26 AM   #50
Al1969
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Right? Don't even get me started. Green technology is going to take decades. Decades. In the meantime we need to be pursuing that and supporting petroleum at the same time. As the third world industrializes and wants to join the middle class, that takes oil. We are cutting off our noses to spite our faces. Did you know that a lot of the backlash and propaganda being used against shale and nuclear has actually been funded by Russian companies? They want Americans to think it's dirty and unsafe so rather than drill our own or build clean nuclear, we would buy from overseas to keep it out of our backyards.

A good start would be stopping Biden's illegal termination of the drilling permits that were already issued for federal land. Hopefully the lawsuits will end well. Or how about not making it so difficult for the majors to issue corporate bonds? Or maybe stop trying to rob them of corporate profits so they can invest in upstream infrastructure. We need more refineries. Maybe right now we should stop those offshore filling stations in the Gulf that are literally filling up dozens of tankers daily to ship it overseas. We could use that.

All by design. And don’t even get started on the southern invasion being ignored.
Old 18 March 2022, 11:36 AM   #51
JRell
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126710BLNR Jubilee
Please close this thread.
Old 18 March 2022, 11:37 AM   #52
mfserge
Banned

Watch: YM40 Rhodium
Quote:

I don’t need foreign oil, I have plenty of gas right here. I had chipolte for dinner.
Old 18 March 2022, 11:49 AM   #53
dlrolex
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfserge View Post
I don’t need foreign oil, I have plenty of gas right here. I had chipolte for dinner.
No clue why you wear a rolex

I have an Apple Watch which is more accurate
Old 18 March 2022, 11:50 AM   #54
mfserge
Banned

Watch: YM40 Rhodium
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlrolex View Post
No clue why you wear a rolex

I have an Apple Watch which is more accurate
Cool story bro.
Closed Thread