The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 11 December 2015, 10:05 AM   #31
rr-nyc
Liar & Ratbag

Watch: Rolex Daytona
I don't see how you provided all the proof to PayPal and they still sided with him

Out this POS. They have no business being on this forum and then post all his personal information on rip-off report so any time someone googles his name (hopefully his next employer) they see what a douchebag he is. I have zero tolerance for people like this and would make sure I not only get my money/merchandise back but I ruin his name

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rr-nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 December 2015, 11:10 AM   #32
Nick M
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rr-nyc View Post
I have zero tolerance for people like this and would make sure I not only get my money/merchandise back but I ruin his name

I 100% agree with posting the buyers name on TRF so folks can avoid in the future. However, what you're talking about is just vindictive. Ruin someone's name over a few hundred dollar watch deal gone sour, come on. Don't get me wrong, money is money, but there are better ways to handle the situation (many of which have been mentioned already).
Nick M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 December 2015, 11:16 AM   #33
bdex75
"TRF" Member

Watch: my money vanish
So you sold the watch in that ad to a fellow member that is a B & M store owner of some type. He paid via PayPal, you shipped the watch, he signed for the watch. You have no contact with him and he filed a chargeback with his CC company and will not send you your watch back even though he has proof that his charge had been reversed?

If that is true I would love to hear the other side of that story. If he bought that watch based off of that ad I don't understand his basis for the complaint let alone back dooring you like that.

If this is all true I would out the buyer and make sure the admin/mods here knew of the details.

Just my .02

bdex75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 December 2015, 11:20 AM   #34
james1787
"TRF" Member

Watch: Submariner 14060
Ugh, I think to most people your add is pretty clear that what you see is what you get. Buying a rough non-running watch.. it's pretty clear that it will need work and is most likely sold as-is. Perhaps in hindsight that is something you'll need to add... what you see is what you get.. sold as-is.

The guy sounds like a real douche and I agree that he should be named so that other sellers here can take note. Maybe this guy has done this to others.. who knows. Other forums I frequent that have buy/sell areas do have a buyer/seller feedback so that people can praise or warn others.. it also allows the person on the other side of the story to tell it if they so wish.

Paypal pretty much always sides with the buyer.. and there are lots of folks out there that take advantage of that to scam people of of their money and goods.

It seems like it is so easy these days to scam people out of their money.. there are hundreds and thousands of cases like yours every day.. it's probably overwhelming to any police dept.

Good luck, I hope you get it resolved.
james1787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 December 2015, 11:52 AM   #35
rr-nyc
Liar & Ratbag

Watch: Rolex Daytona
Buyer holding my watch hostage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick M View Post
I 100% agree with posting the buyers name on TRF so folks can avoid in the future. However, what you're talking about is just vindictive. Ruin someone's name over a few hundred dollar watch deal gone sour, come on. Don't get me wrong, money is money, but there are better ways to handle the situation (many of which have been mentioned already).

You may see this as a watch deal gone sour but I see it as someone who intentionally and deliberately defrauded the seller out of money and merchandise.

Yes it is vindictive and someone who uses buyer protection to steal deserves nothing less. I've hired hundreds of people in my career and in that time I can say that if a person is willing to do this in their personal life, there's no telling what they're willing to do in their professional life. I see it as doing their future employer a favor.

Besides, it's not a few hundred dollars- it's $1300. If he took a guys wallet with $1300 in it or grabbed the $1300 watch off your dresser, that's grand larceny. The fact that this is a civil matter means this guy gets off Scott free... So I say ruin his personal life because a criminal would have his ruined with a felony

rr-nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 December 2015, 01:48 PM   #36
Ticknaway
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex
You may want to place a negative review on yelp if he has an actual physical location this may persuade him if you can be creative. If the fact support it telling you story can't be good for his local business in the long run
Ticknaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 December 2015, 01:50 PM   #37
Ticknaway
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex
Sorry it should say"if the facts support it, telling your story"
Ticknaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 December 2015, 01:59 PM   #38
68camaro
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etschell View Post
Stop using paypal bank wire only.
+1, I will never use PayPal again, ebay buyer tried to stiff me, PayPal was unreasonable towards me and fully in bed with buyer. It worked out in my favor after a long fight but I will never use them again, period.
68camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 December 2015, 02:57 PM   #39
Desibaba
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub,Pam90,SA2
Id pull up his business on Facebook, Yelp and Google +. Write a detailed review with the evidence there. The negative publicity will cost him a lot more than scamming you for $1k.
Desibaba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 December 2015, 03:12 PM   #40
BNA/LION
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: ROLEX
Sorry to hear about this. Best of Luck getting it all sorted out. Perhaps this person is just an A-hole not a crook. Either way, it is a bummer as you advertised it honestly and the pictures showed the condition.

✦ 28238 President DD 18K/YG ✦ 16610LN SS Sub ✦ 16613 18K/SS Serti ✦ 16550 Exp II Non-Rail Cream Dial ✦ Daytona C 116500 ✦ 126710 BLRO GMT-Master II ✦ NEXT-->?
Hole In One! 10/3/19 DMCC 5th hole, par 3, 168 yards w/ 4-Iron.
BNA/LION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 December 2015, 03:32 PM   #41
james1787
"TRF" Member

Watch: Submariner 14060
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desibaba View Post
Id pull up his business on Facebook, Yelp and Google +. Write a detailed review with the evidence there. The negative publicity will cost him a lot more than scamming you for $1k.
Absolutely and totally agree there.
james1787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 December 2015, 03:38 PM   #42
NYCREBROKER
"TRF" Member

Watch: 214270 &Speedy Pro
So sorry.
NYCREBROKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 December 2015, 06:55 PM   #43
Rock
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Grail:Bluesy
Just out of curiosity, what do you think his problem is?
Was he expecting something else? What? Can he read English?

Foundation Member of 'Horologists Anonymous' "Hi, I'm Rocky, and I'm a Horologist..."
Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 December 2015, 07:25 PM   #44
Andad

Watch: A few.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rock View Post
just out of curiosity, what do you think his problem is?
Was he expecting something else? What? Can he read english?
x2.

Andad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 December 2015, 07:32 PM   #45
WRwatchATL
"TRF" Member

Watch: Neighborhood
Quote:
Originally Posted by cornerstore View Post
I'm confused, does Visa not require proof of return of goods /shipping, to seller before issuing a credit as PayPal does? Otherwise everyone could keep whatever they buy on line and get a Visa credit.
In my own experience, Visa will refund your money very quickly. I disputed a charge made for a hotel room when my credit card was stolen a few years ago. The money was refunded less than 24 hours later, with no proof required. When the hotel reversed the invoice a week later, at which point the funds were AGAIN sent to my CC. Resulting in a duplicate refund. It took almost 3 months for the CC company to understand that I was trying to give them the money back! ...should have just kept it, i doubt they would have noticed
WRwatchATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 December 2015, 07:38 PM   #46
bayerische
"TRF" Member

Watch: Smurf
Quote:
Originally Posted by dera View Post
Who's doing that...?
I had a close call earlier this year up your way...
It's very much a separate incident from the Watch flora. Not a high euro ticket. But let's see what happens.
Old 11 December 2015, 08:20 PM   #47
Old Expat Beast
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: SEIKO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock View Post
Seems to be a con artist. He also seems to have blocked the OP, so OP can't send him a PM, and he somehow never gave the OP his email address. I sent the buyer a PM and asked him to come here to give his side. I also have his email address. Hopefully we can get this sorted before we think about where to go from here.
Old Expat Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 December 2015, 08:25 PM   #48
artschool
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Expat Beast View Post
Seems to be a con artist. He also seems to have blocked the OP, so OP can't send him a PM, and he somehow never gave the OP his email address. I sent the buyer a PM and asked him to come here to give his side. I also have his email address. Hopefully we can get this sorted before we think about where to go from here.
having thought about it i agree with you.

perhaps the buyer was hoping to purchase the watch at a lower price once he had it in his possession?

i.e. its going to cost you X to have it returned/posted so why not just give me some money off and i will keep it.
artschool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 December 2015, 08:36 PM   #49
Old Expat Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by artschool View Post

perhaps the buyer was hoping to purchase the watch at a lower price once he had it in his possession?

i.e. its going to cost you X to have it returned/posted so why not just give me some money off and i will keep it.
I don't think that the OP, Greg, will mind me mentioning that he's a young guy working hard to put himself through college. And he gives a lot of good advice and help here on TRF. He doesn't need this headache, especially right before Christmas.
Old 11 December 2015, 09:36 PM   #50
andromeda160
Banned

Watch: Rolex Oyster
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock View Post
We discussed the watch through PM a bit prior to purchase. I told him I knew it needed a mainspring and possibly more. He recieved the watch and told me he needed $350 back or he couldn't accept the watch so he could buy a new balance assembly to fix it. At that point I felt I was just being stiff armed for more money and I had messages from him stating how he's never had a non running watch start working without replacing worn parts. So he knew what he was getting into. I had quite a bit of evidence to support my case and I showed a few people the original Ad as well as the message of his concerns to get their opinion on whether I misadvertised my item. The general consensus was there wasn't much i didn't aay. I'm not a watchmaker, nor will I pretend to be. I didn't know the balance assembly was destroyed and would've had it in the Ad if I knew.. No warranty or refunds were ever implied, an the only reason I'd take one is if I misadvertised.

I've been personally insulted, stolen from and made a fool out of throughout this sale. I've tried being a gentleman about this and kept most of it as private as possible. But finding out he blocked me yesterday was extremely disheartening. If no response by today, no other choice but to name and shame though. Personally not the way I prefer to conduct business, but it's quite apparent he doesn't care much about me. Fortunately his business line is still open for calls.
andromeda160 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 December 2015, 09:41 PM   #51
andromeda160
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by artschool View Post

That was the impression I was left with after he recieved the watch. He was so quick to ask for money back I was surprised he had even opened the watch yet.
Old 11 December 2015, 09:44 PM   #52
Old Expat Beast

Seller is in Boston, right? Maybe we have some members there who could drop by and pick up the watch for you, if he doesn't want to send it himself.
Old 11 December 2015, 09:52 PM   #53
andromeda160
Banned

Quote:
Seller is in Boston, right? Maybe we have some members there who could drop by and pick up the watch for you, if he doesn't want to send it himself.
That'd be awesome, would save me a trip lol

Also does anyone know if the BBB is worth a call? Or is that just a waste of my time?
Old 11 December 2015, 10:36 PM   #54
cop414

Watch: 14060M
Quote:
Originally Posted by andromeda160 View Post
That'd be awesome, would save me a trip lol

Also does anyone know if the BBB is worth a call? Or is that just a waste of my time?
Greg,
Personally I'd call the BBB, at this point the only thing that you have to loose is some time. I've filed a complaint with them before, just some forms to fill out which I believe you can do online.

Rolex Submariner 14060M
Omega Seamaster 2254.50
DOXA Professional 1200T

Card carrying member of TRF's Global Association of Retro-Grouch-Curmudgeons
TRF's "After Dark" Bar & NightClub Patron
P Club Member #17
2 FA ENABLED
cop414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 December 2015, 10:39 PM   #55
AS1
"TRF" Member

Watch: 6263
Quote:
Good thinking. OP, really sorry to hear about this.
AS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 December 2015, 11:00 PM   #56
mannyv11
"TRF" Member

Watch: DD,Sub,GMT,Daytona
Adam I am from boston and work right in town, feel free to send me a PM if needed I would be more than happy to try and help out if I can in any way.
mannyv11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 December 2015, 11:05 PM   #57
Old Expat Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by mannyv11 View Post
Adam I am from boston and work right in town, feel free to send me a PM if needed I would be more than happy to try and help out if I can in any way.
Thanks a lot Manny. Greg can send you a PM with the details
Old 11 December 2015, 11:13 PM   #58
mannyv11
"TRF" Member

Watch: DD,Sub,GMT,Daytona
Quote:
Thanks a lot Manny. Greg can send you a PM with the details
least i can do for this fantastic place and all of the great people.
Greg if you want to send me the info please do and I can see if he will give me the watch so I can ship it back to you
mannyv11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 December 2015, 11:32 PM   #59
andromeda160
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mannyv11 View Post
least i can do for this fantastic place and all of the great people.
Greg if you want to send me the info please do and I can see if he will give me the watch so I can ship it back to you
Thank you very much. I did state I would give him until tonight to respond before putting his name out there; so I'm going to respect that. But I'm sure I'll be sending you a PM by morning with details. I really appreciate you taking the efforts to do so. Just another thing that makes this forum great.
Old 11 December 2015, 11:43 PM   #60
wantonebad

Watch: 126600, 116500LN
Glad Manny stepped in, if you need a second I'm all for helping so if you need me I'm here.

thanks,
Marc
wantonebad is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
beaconhilljewelers , beware , bhj2013 , scammer