The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Patek Philippe Discussion Forum

Old 29 July 2016, 08:12 AM   #31
martinr
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB-man View Post
Patek is patek taking on a whole new meaning these days unfortunalely. Thierry should take a back seat.
You had a real collectors item with your 5711 missing minute marker.
martinr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 July 2016, 08:29 AM   #32
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Quote:
Originally Posted by martinr View Post
You had a real collectors item with your 5711 missing minute marker.
the one that got away
GB-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 July 2016, 10:23 AM   #33
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
I haven't seen the date issue here for quite some time and watch is 3 years old so maybe PP have resolved this issue now as widely believed since then, fingers crossed as I write.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 July 2016, 10:35 AM   #34
martinr
"TRF" Member

I've had two 5711 and one 5167 over the last three years and never had the sticking date issue so hopefully it's resolved.
Old 29 July 2016, 10:56 AM   #35
Vipes
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK797 View Post
I haven't seen the date issue here for quite some time and watch is 3 years old so maybe PP have resolved this issue now as widely believed since then, fingers crossed as I write.
I got it fixed last year and back then I think they figured out the sticking date issue. I'll see what the AD says.
Vipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 July 2016, 11:12 AM   #36
Dancing Fire
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipes View Post
Well, the date didn't stick today and seems to be okay. I'm still going to see what the AD recommends. Maybe better to send it to get it checked out. Thanks, guys.
My 5396 have stuck b/t dates for the past 2 days...
Dancing Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 July 2016, 11:16 AM   #37
Dancing Fire
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passionata View Post
with all my respect , have u ever reported this problem to PP ?A watch on this pricepoint shoud be perfect , sorrry i m speechless......
Not yet, b/c the watch is still under factory warranty till Mar. 2017
Dancing Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 July 2016, 11:25 AM   #38
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Vipes, since it was fixed once before with the same issue am sure Patek will pay for shipping both ways and a turnaround time of three to four weeks max. A reputable company values their customers.
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow! What a Ride!'” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Sent from my Etch A Sketch using String Theory.
enjoythemusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 July 2016, 11:50 AM   #39
Vipes
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjoythemusic View Post
Vipes, since it was fixed once before with the same issue am sure Patek will pay for shipping both ways and a turnaround time of three to four weeks max. A reputable company values their customers.
I think my AD will take care of the shipping. My warranty ran out right after they fixed it last year. I'm hoping they will fix this on their dime.
Vipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 July 2016, 12:13 PM   #40
red1108nyc
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex
Quote:
I think my AD will take care of the shipping. My warranty ran out right after they fixed it last year. I'm hoping they will fix this on their dime.
So sorry to hear of this bud. I hope they can address the issue once for all so you can fully enjoy without this cloud. How many times can you re-fix the same problem? We can argue both sides but to me, major league price should not come with minor league QC.
red1108nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 July 2016, 12:25 PM   #41
KarlS
Banned

Most of these PP QC comments were covered in Stephens 5270 thread and it got fairly heated with directly opposing views of what should be expected of mechanical watches. I haven't had any problems and I have to say the number of reported problems seem to have dropped of on TRF
KarlS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 July 2016, 01:04 PM   #42
josephashburnnn
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Hi all,

Anyone had a sticking date issue twice? Just noticed this today. Had the same thing happened last year and it was fixed by Patek. 3rd issue with 2 Pateks. I'm going to bring it to my AD this weekend. Starting to lose faith in this brand.

I have said it before and I will say it again.

We should be happy with all these QC and imperfection issues from Patek.

Why?

Because a 100% flawless watch has got no soul at all! It will be just a robot with no soul in it! Conversely, Patek watches are hand made and have souls in them, just like humans, they get "sick" and needs attention every now and then. That's why they are so expensive!

So stop complaining! Either you get rid of your Patek and buy other soul-less watches, or you get your Patek to a doctor asap. And if you happen to send your watch back to Patek, the longer it takes to come back the better. Because Pateks are exclusive stuff, and waiting is part of Club Exclusive, get it?
josephashburnnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 July 2016, 01:44 PM   #43
clintfca
"TRF" Member

Watch: PP, Omega
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancing Fire View Post
My 5396 have stuck b/t dates for the past 2 days...
Seriously, between that and you mentioning the moon phase losing two advances per full moon cycle that watch needs to see a PP service center asap (luckily it's still under warranty).

Back to the OP's 5711. It is this reported sticking date issue that has 'somewhat' deterred me from trying to find one.
clintfca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 July 2016, 02:20 PM   #44
josephashburnnn
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by clintfca View Post

Back to the OP's 5711. It is this reported sticking date issue that has 'somewhat' deterred me from trying to find one.
The sticking date would be the smallest of issues dude. FInding an available 5711 is the bigger issue. The joy of landing a 5711 and joining club exclusive would negate any QC or imperfection issue.
Old 29 July 2016, 03:54 PM   #45
KarlS
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by clintfca View Post
Seriously, between that and you mentioning the moon phase losing two advances per full moon cycle that watch needs to see a PP service center asap (luckily it's still under warranty).

I think QC issues are unacceptable but not to buy a watch because of a few exceptions seems a bit extreme. Considering how many cars get recalled we would all be back to horses!
Old 29 July 2016, 06:21 PM   #46
clintfca
"TRF" Member

Watch: PP, Omega
Quote:
Originally Posted by josephashburnnn View Post
The sticking date would be the smallest of issues dude. FInding an available 5711 is the bigger issue. The joy of landing a 5711 and joining club exclusive would negate any QC or imperfection issue.
I did write 'trying to find one'. The last time I saw a blue dial 5711 in the window display of a AD was in 2013 in Hong Kong. I wasn't in any position to buy a Patek back then. I still pass by the same AD every now and then to see what they have in the window.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlS View Post
I think QC issues are unacceptable but not to buy a watch because of a few exceptions seems a bit extreme. Considering how many cars get recalled we would all be back to horses!
Agreed, hence I wrote 'somewhat' as oppose to indefinitely
clintfca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 July 2016, 08:32 PM   #47
josephashburnnn
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I think QC issues are unacceptable
How is it unacceptable? QC issues are what makes a Patek a Patek. Humans are not perfect, that is why we have so many issues.
Old 29 July 2016, 08:43 PM   #48
Racerdj
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Patek-Philippe
Sorry to read this. Mine is still ok after being fixed last year!
Old 29 July 2016, 11:19 PM   #49
kilyung
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Sundial
I've been fortunate not to see this issue. Touch wood. Luckily I'm taking a break from PP (other than one piece I'm still waiting on).
kilyung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 July 2016, 11:26 PM   #50
KarlS
Banned

Quote:
How is it unacceptable? QC issues are what makes a Patek a Patek. Humans are not perfect, that is why we have so many issues.
Because the last time I got into an aeroplane which I think is infinitely more complex in operation I don't expect the undergear to stick! I am just weird that way. If you read my post you will see that there has been all said and done in another thread and there is little point rehashing the same points!
Old 29 July 2016, 11:27 PM   #51
KarlS
Banned

Quote:

Why?

Because a 100% flawless watch has got no soul at all! It will be just a robot with no soul in it! Conversely, Patek watches are hand made and have souls in them, just like humans, they get "sick" and needs attention every now and then. That's why they are so expensive!

So stop complaining! Either you get rid of your Patek and buy other soul-less watches, or you get your Patek to a doctor asap. And if you happen to send your watch back to Patek, the longer it takes to come back the better. Because Pateks are exclusive stuff, and waiting is part of Club Exclusive, get it?
Personally if we could arrange for you to get all the Pateks with a soul snd just send me the ones that work, I will be happy!!
Old 29 July 2016, 11:33 PM   #52
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Personally if we could arrange for you to get all the Pateks with a soul snd just send me the ones that work, I will be happy!!
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow! What a Ride!'” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Sent from my Etch A Sketch using String Theory.
enjoythemusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 July 2016, 12:10 AM   #53
masyv6
2024 Pledge Member

Sorry to hear about it, man!

Just bring it to the Dallas GTG and I'll take it off your hands
masyv6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 July 2016, 12:16 AM   #54
nyc2la
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16660
Quote:
Originally Posted by kilyung View Post
I've been fortunate not to see this issue. Touch wood. Luckily I'm taking a break from PP (other than one piece I'm still waiting on).
Mike, what's your brand of choice these days? And, what's the PP you're still waiting on??
Old 30 July 2016, 12:34 AM   #55
martinr
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Karl,I added him to my "club exclusive", the ignore list.
Old 30 July 2016, 12:43 AM   #56
josephashburnnn
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Of course Patek will make them work again. Just a matter of how long. Again, the longer it takes, the better it is. You are going to love your watch even more once it comes back.
Old 30 July 2016, 12:44 AM   #57
josephashburnnn
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinr View Post
Karl,I added him to my "club exclusive", the ignore list.
Seems like you can't really appreciate a Patek.
Old 30 July 2016, 01:19 AM   #58
KarlS
Banned

Quote:
Obviously not...but then I am not a 5175 owner like yourself...I hope you appreciate your 5175 more when the perpetual calendar sticks on Mondays and that you truly appreciate Patek when it may return after a year in the service centre! The good news is that by the time you get it back from Patek at least one perpetual calendar change may take place and hopefully you will not be disappointed when it works! I think the difference in views is not going to have a conclusion so let's just agree to disagree!
Old 30 July 2016, 01:28 AM   #59
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Quote:

Why?

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Of course Patek will make them work again. Just a matter of how long. Again, the longer it takes, the better it is. You are going to love your watch even more once it comes back.
Quote:
You're on a roll.
GB-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 July 2016, 01:35 AM   #60
KarlS
Banned

Ha ha good avatar....troll jumps to mind