The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Ω Omega Discussion Forum

Old 12 April 2016, 09:15 AM   #31
bt304
"TRF" Member

Yea I think that's good advice, I'll wait on brushing the links.

OK so I'm really leaning towards doing this. I've been getting quotes from ADs, my local and out of state. I think I have a good deal cooking (not a little over $4K though, that's a grey market price right? Unless someone can PM an AD suggestion).

So what to do with the PO? I was offered a good trade-in price, much better than my local AD. I'm considering it. I could probably get a bit more on a private sale but factor in fees and hassle and I'm temped to just trade it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazycarlitos View Post
I would suggest u leave the pcl for a while before u get it brushed. It may grow on u. It did for me. Lol

At 41mm, the size is spot on for me.

The vertical length, from lug to lug, seemed little long initially. But now I don't even notice it.

It's a great watch and amazing value, especially if u can buy new at little over $4k or used for less than $4k it has 8400 master co-axial !
bt304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 April 2016, 06:17 AM   #32
bt304
"TRF" Member

So the deal is done. Traded the PO for the 300MC and got a great deal. I'm excited. I should have the new watch next week, I'll post pics.

Some will think it was a good idea, others will think I'm nuts. It's probably somewhere in-between but hey why not? 5 years with the PO and it's been great. Never thought I'd move on from it but here I am. Hopefully Omega won't re-release the Railmaster or I might be going through this again.

Thanks again for everyone's input, helps to get different angles on these ideas.
Old 14 April 2016, 06:52 AM   #33
gnuyork
"TRF" Member

just kidding, enjoy your new watch when it arrives
gnuyork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 April 2016, 10:11 AM   #34
bt304
"TRF" Member

Well here's an update... I've had the 300MC for a few days now. I've been holding of on posting until I've had some time with it on the wrist. Overall I'm happy I made this trade.

The 300MC wears a bit smaller and sleeker than the 2500 PO, especially the bracelet. The PCLs are not as much of an issue as I thought they would be. In person the difference between the brushed and polished surfaces isn't the juxtaposition they seem to be in pics.

The vintage lume is probably my least favorite aspect. I thought it would have been the PCLs so this was a surprise. But really the coloring is subtle and outside in daylight it appears as an off white and actually looks pretty good.

The first day I had a little buyer's remorse. Well more like trader's remorse around giving up the PO. But now a few days in I'm good. They really are 2 different watches though, more than I thought. Would I do it all over again? Probably yes. But I know I'll miss the PO. It was my first "quality" watch and that can't be replaced.

Other observations: I don't miss the date complication. I do miss the solid caseback with hippocampus. I had to remove all 4 removable full size links to fit my 6.5'' wrist. Depending on temperature I've been hovering between the first 3 positions of the adjustable clasp. I tried removing the smaller/half-link by the clasp on the 6:00 side and adding back a full-link on the 12:00 but it wasn't as comfortable so I'm at equal links on both sides.

Like I said, overall I'm happy. Thanks again for everyones input, I'll post a wrist shot soon.
Old 25 April 2016, 11:32 AM   #35
jmsrolls
Banned

Congratulations!

I've had mine for over a year now and no regrets. I like it more than the PO LM LE I once owned - much more versatile.
jmsrolls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 May 2016, 06:50 AM   #36
bt304
"TRF" Member

It's been just over a week now and I'm still loving the 300MC. Here's a quick wrist shot...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_9499.JPG (159.6 KB, 206 views)
Old 1 May 2016, 07:57 AM   #37
slorollin
"TRF" Member

Watch: yer pints & quarts
Love these, congrats. I'm jealous. Best looking Omega since before the POs, IMO. There is one in my future too, I can feel it.
Old 1 May 2016, 09:59 PM   #38
crazycarlitos
"TRF" Member

Congrats !

Looks great on ur wrist
Old 1 May 2016, 10:13 PM   #39
pk_diver
"TRF" Member

Watch: the stars
I made the same change and would definitly do again, great watch. Still, the PO2500 was a lovely watch that i miss, and prefer to the newer PO8500. Here's mine:

I really agree with you about the SM300MCA:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bt304 View Post
The 300MC wears a bit smaller and sleeker than the 2500 PO, especially the bracelet. The PCLs are not as much of an issue as I thought they would be. In person the difference between the brushed and polished surfaces isn't the juxtaposition they seem to be in pics.
+1 Actually i like the SM300 a bit more elegant, and PLCs were never a problem for me.

Quote:
The vintage lume is probably my least favorite aspect. I thought it would have been the PCLs so this was a surprise. But really the coloring is subtle and outside in daylight it appears as an off white and actually looks pretty good.
+1 Very correct. The yellowish lume is not an issue, but when in daylight it turns white, I really think that white would have been better.

Quote:
Other observations: I don't miss the date complication. I do miss the solid caseback with hippocampus.
+1 Typical omega mistake. They destroy their own heritage (see the disaster with lates fancy coloured Ploprofs). The 8400 caliber is great, but c'mon, the hippocompus was the Seamaster symbol, how can you abandon that?
pk_diver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 May 2016, 09:52 AM   #40
flw
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub 116610LN
It would have been nice if a solid caseback with the traditional hippocampus logo had been offered as an option. Otherwise it's an incredible watch. I got mine last fall, and it's the most prized piece in my (small) collection, including my Sub.
flw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 May 2016, 03:55 AM   #41
crazycarlitos
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pk_diver View Post
The 8400 caliber is great, but c'mon, the hippocompus was the Seamaster symbol, how can you abandon that?
The reason stated by omega was pretty much to show off how they achieved the 15000 gauss point without an iron cage. Plus it is a nice movement to look at.

I also suspect any embossed caseback would only add to the height
Old 3 May 2016, 12:38 PM   #42
DJExplorer
"TRF" Member

The PO is a keeper. When I finally got my PO2500 45mm I knew instantly that it's never going to be sold. It's a good feeling and great watch.
Add the other to your collection.
DJExplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 May 2016, 04:06 AM   #43
AJMarcus
"TRF" Member

Watch: Swiss
Go for it
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (93.2 KB, 149 views)
AJMarcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 May 2016, 04:54 AM   #44
azguy
Banned

Watch: ---------
Ha, after little thought and much impulse (it's only money, right ) I have an PO 2500 (2201.50 42mm) on the way to me

It's such a classicly styled watch I know I'll have it forever and it'll be a great compliment to my

SMP 1.jpg
azguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 January 2017, 09:42 AM   #45
WJGESQ
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnuyork View Post
I'd never make that trade, but I'm not enamored by the SM300. I am by the 2500 PO

Agreed. PO is superior in every way.
WJGESQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 January 2017, 10:39 PM   #46
gnuyork
"TRF" Member

I would never do it in a million years. The PO 2500 is the classsic.

Edit: oops I see I have already commented in this thread (I can't keep track )
gnuyork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 January 2017, 01:14 PM   #47
WJGESQ
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by azguy View Post
Ha, after little thought and much impulse (it's only money, right ) I have an PO 2500 (2201.50 42mm) on the way to me

It's such a classicly styled watch I know I'll have it forever and it'll be a great compliment to my

Attachment 739251

Love the Bond Seamaster.
WJGESQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 January 2017, 02:16 AM   #48
Bobby T
Banned

Quote:
Well here's an update... I've had the 300MC for a few days now. I've been holding of on posting until I've had some time with it on the wrist. Overall I'm happy I made this trade.

The first day I had a little buyer's remorse. Well more like trader's remorse around giving up the PO. But now a few days in I'm good. They really are 2 different watches though, more than I thought. Would I do it all over again? Probably yes. But I know I'll miss the PO. It was my first "quality" watch and that can't be replaced.

Other observations: I don't miss the date complication. I do miss the solid caseback with hippocampus. I had to remove all 4 removable full size links to fit my 6.5'' wrist. Depending on temperature I've been hovering between the first 3 positions of the adjustable clasp. I tried removing the smaller/half-link by the clasp on the 6:00 side and adding back a full-link on the 12:00 but it wasn't as comfortable so I'm at equal links on both sides.

Like I said, overall I'm happy. Thanks again for everyones input, I'll post a wrist shot soon.
Sounds like to me, that the more time that passes, the more you'll want your PO 2500 back......you miss the sold case back, its not as comfortable, etc. I ca see another flip coming very shortly........
Bobby T is offline   Reply With Quote