The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 14 April 2020, 11:38 AM   #31
johnorpheus
"TRF" Member

Watch: all of them
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Miami View Post
Yes I was pretty much dead set on YM. And I fully understand the hype of BLNR. But I feel like as a daily wearer, especially being a fresh college graduate, BLNR makes most sense. I still like the YM but I am questioning its practicality. I’ve had to much time on my hands lately.
IMO, this is the wrong way to go about it. Get the one that speaks to you. Worrying about practically and whether a watch is a proper daily wear is trying to please other people (and really only the ones on this forum who seem to have these certain strange rules on what you should and shouldn’t be wearing daily). Just my two cents.
johnorpheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 April 2020, 12:16 PM   #32
myc ritz
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: AP, Speedy, Rolex
Ah, the ageless debate of the best only watch vs. the best piece for a collection. I think the YM OF is amazing, but if you are on this forum, and continue to actually think about what is on your wrist (relative to other pieces), you may be wanting to build a collection. I'd say go BLNR, kill it at work and move to the YM. BLNR's can be had for $12 - $13k, where a perfect YM OF with new movement and clasp is about double that. The BLNR would also be easier to move (relative to the YM OF) if you want a change...actually LIFE IS SHORT, GET THE WATCH YOU LOVE : )
myc ritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 April 2020, 12:30 PM   #33
JodyHighroller
Banned

First off, congrats on the graduation! I’m a few years older and in finance as well. From my experience, get the RG YM on OF. When I’m faced with situations like this, I normally go with the option I’ve wanted the longest. I fear if you chose the BLNR, you’ll end up regretting not getting the YM. Have you seen the 37mm YM in person? It’s very small for most males. I’d suggest the 126655 instead if so.

I have the 126655 and absolutely love it. It’s still stuck at the Dallas RSC awaiting a new case, but delayed due to COVID-19. I bought a RG DD40 w/ olive green dial last month to cure my RG bug, but can’t pick it up as AD is closed temporarily because the various restrictions.
JodyHighroller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 April 2020, 12:41 PM   #34
tpool
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykii View Post
Oh just realized you're a fresh grad. In that case, I'd definitely recommend a Sub or GMT. Wearing a rose gold watch as a grad is going to draw...attention.

Like I said in my prior post, if you must, get it as a second watch for the weekends.

This. Banking goes better with more conservative watches. I wouldn’t recommend paying a big premium especially now. Wait a while. I think availability will improve in the year to come. If you go secondary market, David SW is excellent. I’ve personally done business with him and it’s first class.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
tpool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 April 2020, 01:10 PM   #35
Mr. Miami
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JodyHighroller View Post
First off, congrats on the graduation! I’m a few years older and in finance as well. From my experience, get the RG YM on OF. When I’m faced with situations like this, I normally go with the option I’ve wanted the longest. I fear if you chose the BLNR, you’ll end up regretting not getting the YM. Have you seen the 37mm YM in person? It’s very small for most males. I’d suggest the 126655 instead if so.

I have the 126655 and absolutely love it. It’s still stuck at the Dallas RSC awaiting a new case, but delayed due to COVID-19. I bought a RG DD40 w/ olive green dial last month to cure my RG bug, but can’t pick it up as AD is closed temporarily because the various restrictions.
Thank you very much! I feel like the YM would send a bad message the more I’ve been thinking about it. Since I’m starting off at an entry level banking position, it seems wrong to show up with that on your first day of work. I feel YM would be a great weekend watch and I could always pick it up in a few years if I still want it.
Old 14 April 2020, 01:11 PM   #36
Mr. Miami
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpool View Post
This. Banking goes better with more conservative watches. I wouldn’t recommend paying a big premium especially now. Wait a while. I think availability will improve in the year to come. If you go secondary market, David SW is excellent. I’ve personally done business with him and it’s first class.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I tend to agree with you for a nice conservative watch. And thanks for your DavidSW reference. I’ve read a lot of good things about him.