The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 24 June 2021, 02:10 PM   #31
midwesterner
"TRF" Member

I am curious how that works. I went into my local AP boutique and expressed interest in a particular piece. The AP rep was friendly but didn’t seem to be terribly helpful. He took down my name and preferences. Am I able to pursue the watch through other boutiques or would this only frustrate the first rep? Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fspfsp View Post
I was down in ATL a couple weeks ago, spent some time in the boutique talking with Zack, nice guy. Other than two pair of cuff links there was nothing else available. He knows I am working with another AP rep, but striking up a conversation and expressing interest is def the way to go. You see posts where people get as lucky as "we have one in the back" to only waiting a couple months. It's a relationship game over zeros in your bank account.
midwesterner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 June 2021, 03:10 PM   #32
GreenLantern
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by midwesterner View Post
I am curious how that works. I went into my local AP boutique and expressed interest in a particular piece. The AP rep was friendly but didn’t seem to be terribly helpful. He took down my name and preferences. Am I able to pursue the watch through other boutiques or would this only frustrate the first rep? Thanks!
It'll frustrate people, from what I've seen/heard.

And it frustrates me as a customer, because your level of success in collecting truly depends on whether you're lucky enough to end up with the right boutique, or even worse, the right salesperson at the right boutique.

It's very lopsided.
GreenLantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2021, 01:52 AM   #33
911AP
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
It'll frustrate people, from what I've seen/heard.

And it frustrates me as a customer, because your level of success in collecting truly depends on whether you're lucky enough to end up with the right boutique, or even worse, the right salesperson at the right boutique.

It's very lopsided.
I'll second this. It's not just about the right boutique, it's also about the right salesperson. There are a lot of politics that go on within the stores for which salesperson's client will get the watch first.
911AP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2021, 11:56 AM   #34
midwesterner
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 911AP View Post
I'll second this. It's not just about the right boutique, it's also about the right salesperson. There are a lot of politics that go on within the stores for which salesperson's client will get the watch first.
Thanks, would you guys suggest I try another boutique? I don’t want to be seen as screwing over my first salesperson…
Old 25 June 2021, 12:28 PM   #35
le_baron
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by midwesterner View Post
My experience tells me that AP assigns each customer to a particular sales person. I went into a Long Island boutique and was assigned to a salesperson there. When I reached out to the NYC boutique (thinking I should cast a wide net for a 15500), I got a response from the Long Island salesperson I previously worked with. She let me know that the NYC boutique saw I was registered to the Long Island salesperson and forwarded my message to her. She said I had to choose to work with either the NYC boutique or the Long Island boutique.
Old 25 June 2021, 12:36 PM   #36
midwesterner
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_baron View Post
My experience tells me that AP assigns each customer to a particular sales person. I went into a Long Island boutique and was assigned to a salesperson there. When I reached out to the NYC boutique (thinking I should cast a wide net for a 15500), I got a response from the Long Island salesperson I previously worked with. She let me know that the NYC boutique saw I was registered to the Long Island salesperson and forwarded my message to her. She said I had to choose to work with either the NYC boutique or the Long Island boutique.
Thanks that was my fear, but I’ll try to make it work. I suspect my salesman is just not terribly personable!
Old 28 June 2021, 01:01 PM   #37
itspapi
"TRF" Member

I got offered at 15450 about 1,5 years ago- both me and the sales person thought it was to small for my wrist so we agreed that I should wait for the 15500.

I've been keeping in touch since then and yesterday when I visited the store (informed her 2 weeks a head that I was coming in) she barely rememberd me and when I asked about the current status of my 15500 she replied: "There is a lot people wanting this watch" - and that was it.

Unbelievable. I guess I'm just another nobody not worthy of their attention LOL
itspapi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 June 2021, 11:43 PM   #38
yOyOYoo
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116519LN
Quote:
Originally Posted by itspapi View Post
I got offered at 15450 about 1,5 years ago- both me and the sales person thought it was to small for my wrist so we agreed that I should wait for the 15500.

I've been keeping in touch since then and yesterday when I visited the store (informed her 2 weeks a head that I was coming in) she barely rememberd me and when I asked about the current status of my 15500 she replied: "There is a lot people wanting this watch" - and that was it.

Unbelievable. I guess I'm just another nobody not worthy of their attention LOL
That’s unfortunate and why so many people decide to go to the grey market and skip all this BS. Were you told that you were on a list? How were you keeping in touch - email, phone calls, in person?
yOyOYoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 June 2021, 12:37 AM   #39
itspapi
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yOyOYoo View Post
That’s unfortunate and why so many people decide to go to the grey market and skip all this BS. Were you told that you were on a list? How were you keeping in touch - email, phone calls, in person?
Well, once we decided that the 15450 was to small and that I should go for a larger size I assumed they would put me on a waiting list(?).

When I tried the 15450 both me AND the seller said: "Yeah you need a 41, lets go for that". I did not ask "Will you put me on the waiting list" in that sense... I just thought that was understood without saying the words, you know what I mean?

Mostly emails since their store has been under reconstruction for the last 8 months. Perhaps now that they opened up I should do more in-person visits... I think thats the way to go.
itspapi is offline   Reply With Quote