The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 6 March 2018, 11:53 AM   #31
boni
"TRF" Member

im into the tang version btw
boni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 March 2018, 12:39 AM   #32
AndyWright
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Deepsea
If you want the best value for your quid, go with Rubber B. They are the only one that actually has SWISS MADE on their bottom. Also, just my opinion- they are much better looking than any of the others who copy them. But there is a client type I guess. If Honda were to be faking their brand quality, would you pay the Lamborghini price for the Honda?
AndyWright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 March 2018, 01:00 AM   #33
maximilianmuller
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610LV/TBB
No way man... Why would he get a knock off when he can get the real thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by 81sforlife View Post
Get the Everest strap which takes the clasp. You can order the strap lengths 4 and 4.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
maximilianmuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 March 2018, 01:18 AM   #34
maximilianmuller
"TRF" Member

Hey guys I made a much accurate comparison since everest can't compare quality with rubberb.

These two are both round, blue, soft and same quality. LOL
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2826.JPG (31.3 KB, 219 views)
Old 7 March 2018, 01:21 AM   #35
81sforlife
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub & ExpII
I chose Everest because I wanted to use my glidelock clasp and not have just a boring black strap for it. Rubber B is only in black for their glidelock series.
81sforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 March 2018, 02:18 AM   #36
boni
"TRF" Member

Hi peeps thanks for all the advice. I get my wrist measured which is about 15.5cm (6.1inch size). Rubber b or everest?
boni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 March 2018, 02:54 AM   #37
Pattyb69
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLNR|LVC|PAM 911
I've owned straps from both companies and each of them makes a great quality strap. Imo- i prefer Everest because of the feel of it. Its softer and more supple. I have 7 1/4 inch wrists and I found Everest wrapped around my wrist more naturally. Rubber B clamped onto my wrist bones and made the watch levitate a bit. Again- you can't really go wrong with either. Kinda just what you are looking for.

Here is my BLNR on Everest

Pattyb69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 March 2018, 03:30 AM   #38
MrFinale
"TRF" Member

What about the oysterflex?
MrFinale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 March 2018, 03:47 AM   #39
jstevens43
"TRF" Member

I think your opinion is completely disingenuous. Your pushing of everest might be because of your job with them? do you still work for them or you went on to bigger and better things? it's a bit unethical IMO to try to fool people on this forum and not be upfront with your intentions. I think the pushing of products on this forum the way you do should not be allowed. Hey but maybe I'm just old school.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattyb69 View Post
I've owned straps from both companies and each of them makes a great quality strap. Imo- i prefer Everest because of the feel of it. Its softer and more supple. I have 7 1/4 inch wrists and I found Everest wrapped around my wrist more naturally. Rubber B clamped onto my wrist bones and made the watch levitate a bit. Again- you can't really go wrong with either. Kinda just what you are looking for.

Here is my BLNR on Everest

jstevens43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 March 2018, 04:06 AM   #40
Pattyb69
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLNR|LVC|PAM 911
Quote:
Originally Posted by jstevens43 View Post
I think your opinion is completely disingenuous. Your pushing of everest might be because of your job with them? do you still work for them or you went on to bigger and better things? it's a bit unethical IMO to try to fool people on this forum and not be upfront with your intentions. I think the pushing of products on this forum the way you do should not be allowed. Hey but maybe I'm just old school.
I prefaced my entire post saying BOTH straps are great and make good products and that you can't go wrong either way. It all depends what you are looking for. If you read some of the previous posts in this thread there is definitely some one sided bashing going on and yet you attack me.

My preference is based on feel on MY wrist and the reasons why. I made that clear.
Pattyb69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 March 2018, 04:17 AM   #41
jstevens43
"TRF" Member

Im not attacking you and to be honest you have the right to say whatever you want. I just don't understand why a company would push a product in such a biased fashion and not just let the product speak for itself. Based on true customers experiences its deceitful and dishonest. I believe Everest is a good product but why should it be tainted with employees writing fake information.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattyb69 View Post
I prefaced my entire post saying BOTH straps are great and make good products and that you can't go wrong either way. It all depends what you are looking for. If you read some of the previous posts in this thread there is definitely some one sided bashing going on and yet you attack me.

My preference is based on feel on MY wrist and the reasons why. I made that clear.
Old 7 March 2018, 04:26 AM   #42
Chadridv
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116610LV
Quote:
Im not attacking you and to be honest you have the right to say whatever you want. I just don't understand why a company would push a product in such a biased fashion and not just let the product speak for itself. Based on true customers experiences its deceitful and dishonest. I believe Everest is a good product but why should it be tainted with employees writing fake information.
How could that information be fake? Patty said both straps are quality products, that’s fake? He said, in his OPINION, one feels softer and more supple than the other, that’s a fake statement?

The OP asked for opinions, patty gave his. You telling someone they’re being or acting fake, is an attack.
Chadridv is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 7 March 2018, 04:32 AM   #43
jstevens43
"TRF" Member

Sure Chadridv... are you on the Payroll too? You guys are the ones insulting the members here. Now I get a tag team attack?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadridv View Post
How could that information be fake? Patty said both straps are quality products, that’s fake? He said, in his OPINION, one feels softer and more supple than the other, that’s a fake statement?

The OP asked for opinions, patty gave his. You telling someone they’re being or acting fake, is an attack.
Old 7 March 2018, 04:37 AM   #44
joli160
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Yachtmaster
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFinale View Post
What about the oysterflex?
That's the only one I would consider, but how to get it
Old 7 March 2018, 04:38 AM   #45
jstevens43
"TRF" Member

A great example might be your Zealande vs Everest review. A true gem. I have to go back to work see you guys later!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadridv View Post

Old 7 March 2018, 04:40 AM   #46
Chadridv
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Sure Chadridv... are you on the Payroll too? You guys are the ones insulting the members here. Now I get a tag team attack?
Yeah I’ve put in hundreds of hours and thousands of posts asking and answering questions, sharing stories from decades of collecting over multiple generations spanning my father and grandfather, shared photos and experiences, 99% totally unrelated to Everest Bands, so I could push the sale of one strap.

So in case you don’t speak sarcasm, no I’m not on any payroll. But even if I was and someone asked on an open forum for opinions, I’d still give mine as long as it was based on the truth. That’s what this place is all about.

I never insult you, but now I do find you to be unreasonable.
Old 7 March 2018, 04:42 AM   #47
moorery2001
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT Master II
What in the bloody hell is going on in this thread?
moorery2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 March 2018, 04:42 AM   #48
Chadridv
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
A great example might be your Zealande vs Everest review. A true gem. I have to go back to work see you guys later!
Yeah I hope that review saved members here from spending money before receiving perspective. What exactly was my review a “great example” of? Me trying to be helpful? Oh you got me lol.
Old 7 March 2018, 04:45 AM   #49
PLNYC
"TRF" Member

Hey Chadri, lets not get baited by trolls here. I myself prefer everest bands but i guess the they're going to say I'm on their payroll too
Old 7 March 2018, 04:55 AM   #50
Chadridv
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLNYC View Post
Hey Chadri, lets not get baited by trolls here. I myself prefer everest bands but i guess the they're going to say I'm on their payroll too
Lol good point Peter, you’re probably right. Funny thing is, I don’t even think I mentioned which strap I preferred in this thread. All I did was defend a member who simply stated his opinion, part of which was that both straps were excellent products

Anyway, enjoy your huge paycheck from Everest!! Lol 😂
Old 7 March 2018, 04:57 AM   #51
Kneecough
"TRF" Member

Having tried both, I prefer Everest. Their customer service was top notch as well when I needed to reach out to them.
Kneecough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 March 2018, 07:20 AM   #52
douglasf13
"TRF" Member

I've owned both with the tang buckle, and I prefer the feel of the RubberB. It's a little stiffer and less tacky feeling, which I prefer, and it's a little shorter, which worked for my 7" wrist.
douglasf13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 March 2018, 07:21 AM   #53
jstevens43
"TRF" Member

You're right Chadridv, I'm sorry I got a bit carried away but in my opinion your unfair review on everest vs zealande ticked me off. 99% of your posts are actually great IMO not to mention your photos that are outstanding. Your 1% everest posts are complete and utter BS and its kinda sad to see you can be bought with a couple of free straps and a few everest bands photo shoots.

Yet you come to your buddy's defense on his opinion that happens to every single time favor the company he works for?

But no biggie its all good right? come on. Its ok to have a preference but do it with honesty and integrity. Not a gimmick for product placement.

hit him up, you might get a couple more free straps so you can continue raving about how great they are on the forum: pb******dez@everestbands.com

(I'm sure you have the missing letters) ;)
Old 7 March 2018, 07:50 AM   #54
Chadridv
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
You're right Chadridv, I'm sorry I got a bit carried away but in my opinion your unfair review on everest vs zealande ticked me off. 99% of your posts are actually great IMO not to mention your photos that are outstanding. Your 1% everest posts are complete and utter BS and its kinda sad to see you can be bought with a couple of free straps and a few everest bands photo shoots.

Yet you come to your buddy's defense on his opinion that happens to every single time favor the company he works for?

But no biggie its all good right? come on. Its ok to have a preference but do it with honesty and integrity. Not a gimmick for product placement.

hit him up, you might get a couple more free straps so you can continue raving about how great they are on the forum: pb******dez@everestbands.com

(I'm sure you have the missing letters) ;)
Yeah “it’s all good”, “no biggie” . If you think I can be bought by anything none the less a couple free straps, you’re not only the one now insulting me, but you’re also coming off as a jerk.

If you don’t think I can afford to choose the strap I truly like more, you’re not only acting like a jerk you’re completely ignorant.

There are two issues here:

1. Is that regardless of where Patty works, he’s entitled to his opinion. He’s an active and respectful member of the forum. You feel When asked for opinions, he should be banned from the conversation, which I simply disagree with.

2. You’re telling me I’m disingenuous, accusing me of being on someone’s payroll, and now downgraded that completely inappropriate statement to an even worse one, saying that I’ve been bought out for a couple of watch straps.

Congratulations, you’ve just cement your place here at TRF as a troll. Shame on me for feeding you, but I certainly don’t take these comments lightly, regardless of how ignorant you come off.
Old 7 March 2018, 09:28 AM   #55
DoctorA
"TRF" Member

The black RubberB is amazing! It makes it very sporty. I bought one but haven’t put it on yet
Old 7 March 2018, 01:07 PM   #56
Jdreg
"TRF" Member

One is as good as the other re quality. Your decision could be based on looks alone. I chose Everest for the reason that will affect your enjoyment of the strap far more than any other,
When using a tang buckle it’s more closely placed holes allows you to choose more fit options. A lot of what I’m reading here is emotional attachment to a brand because it’s the one they chose. Either will serve you well

Oh and by the way, adults getting into a pissing contest over a watch strap is not what I feel this forum is about.
Jdreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 March 2018, 02:23 PM   #57
DoctorA
"TRF" Member

O prefer the look of RubberB. Waiting to put them
On my hulk, blnr and subc
Old 7 March 2018, 02:56 PM   #58
Frakis
2024 Pledge Member

I chose Everest, and I'm very pleased! I can't speak on behalf of Rubber B.
Old 7 March 2018, 03:28 PM   #59
Steerpike999
"TRF" Member

Watch: A few.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by enjoythemusic View Post

As for headphones, c'mon spluge a little and get the $5.5k Abyss AB-1266 planar magnetic and be done with it. Personally, i prefer CIEMs, but hey whatever makes you happy.
Is that what the Cat is wearing??

Steerpike999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 March 2018, 11:54 PM   #60
maximilianmuller
"TRF" Member

Damn! im a rubber b fan and a wrestling fan too so I throw jabs at other brands many times but it's all fun, I don't think it should go that far. Relax guys it's not that important. We are all allowed to have our favorite things. Prost!