The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 21 June 2008, 03:09 AM   #31
Wolfgang427
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex Tudor Omega
Quote:
Originally Posted by djemmtee View Post
good news: I got a call from the lady at the express mail center saying they found my package and it "should" get delivered today....lol i wont hold my breath

bad news: this package was supposed to be here 6/19/08 no later than 15:00...but its late cause some careless mother effer put my package on the wrong plane and my subby visited 9 different states....lol

thanks again for the tips...i was prepared to put an a$$ whoppin on the USPS
Express mail has a delivery guarentee. The sender can get your money back from USPS for late delivery(full-postage) after he fails a claim at his P.O.
Wolfgang427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 June 2008, 03:55 AM   #32
etp095
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmo View Post
Phew!!!!!
x2,karis
and that's the rest of the story kids.
pepsi gmt for dad(D)
polar expy II(z)
1675 gmt circa 68'
ladies datejust on jubilee for mom (z)
sea dweller16600(M)
SS Sub-C(g)
Omega Planet Ocean,45.5 on mesh(2500D)
etp095 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 June 2008, 04:27 AM   #33
Carolina
"TRF" Member

Watch: it, Bubba!
Whew!
.Member #5380
Carolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 June 2008, 04:40 AM   #34
viper
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrClean View Post
that's why everyone uses outside or private insurance providers (DSI or ParcelPro) and those two recommend Fedex for international shipping.

great news Mike

btw, doesn't Fed Ex only insure up to $500 though???

that's why i've never shipped expensive items from them in the past..
viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 June 2008, 05:23 AM   #35
BamaTex
"TRF" Member

Okay, guys, I have to defend the PO a little. After all I have worked for them for over 20 years. Registered Mail is the safest, most secure form of mail that we have. When you use Registered Mail, each USPS employee who touches the Registered mail piece MUST sign for it. Therefore, if anything happens to the mail piece, it is easy to determine what happened. It is not the fastest, but is it the most secure. There is a limit on insurance for Registered Mail, but it is very high. In fact, Registered Mail was used to ship the Hope Diamond.

As for Express Mail. The PO has for years contracted with FedEx to sort EM. The EM is flown to Memphis each night, sorted, and flown to the destination city for distribution and delivery. As for insurance on EM, I believe it is limited to $500. Express Mail does have a delivery guarantee. The sender can request a refund if the delivery standard was not met. If your package was put on a wrong plane and sent to nine states, it was done by FedEx. (I think you are kidding about the nine states). It has been my experience that if a customer is looking for a piece of mail and it is traceable, the people in claims and inquires are very helpful.
You are correct in that International mail is delivered to the delivering countries mail service and out of our control after that.
Express Mail, Registered Mail, certified mail, etc any mail with a number can be tracked on the website. At one time it was only updated once a day, but they may have changed that.
As for rude people, we have 800,000 employees and they are not all as nice as me.
As for the COD's, we do have a few bad apples, that is what keeps me in a job. COD thieves are easy to catch. I know that is no consoliation to you.
Anyway, I hope this has answered your questions.
BamaTex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 June 2008, 06:45 AM   #36
2careless
"TRF" Member

Watch: Pepsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marrk View Post
Jeff:

With all due respect, this may or may not be true within the U.S.; however, my understanding is that, when a USPS item travels internationally, it is handed off to the government postal service of the destination country and USPS, at that point, is not longer responsible.

Correct me if I'm wrong, please. I would like to know.

Best,

Mark
I've bought at least one watch from USA sending in using USPS registered and the tracking doesn't end at the entry of the target country. The tracking traces how long the package was in Aussie customs, next it's in the dispatch centre of Australia Post in Sydney, then the delivery receipt time was also registered (at least in Australia). I was able to see the whole trail from usps.com web site. It doesn't look very difficult to achieve but the ability to get all the return information in such a large logistic operation is no mean feat.
2careless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 June 2008, 06:51 AM   #37
redshirt1957
"TRF" Member

Watch: Blue YM today!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina View Post
Whew!

You talking about my farting dog again. I thought we all agreed to let slepping dogs lie?
redshirt1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 June 2008, 07:37 AM   #38
djemmtee
"TRF" Member

Watch: LV Sub
good news, post office delivery guy drove it out to me so I have the watch in my dirty little hands...im glad this sub got to visit 9 other states in transit to me in cali....all that for one low price!

Instagram: rolexfan69
djemmtee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 June 2008, 07:58 AM   #39
SPACE-DWELLER
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, of course!
Quote:
good news: I got a call from the lady at the express mail center saying they found my package and it "should" get delivered today....lol i wont hold my breath

bad news: this package was supposed to be here 6/19/08 no later than 15:00...but its late cause some careless mother effer put my package on the wrong plane and my subby visited 9 different states....lol

thanks again for the tips...i was prepared to put an a$$ whoppin on the USPS
Quote:
good news, post office delivery guy drove it out to me so I have the watch in my dirty little hands...im glad this sub got to visit 9 other states in transit to me in cali....all that for one low price!
I am glad to read all this had a happy ending!

Please do post pics as soon as you get the time!

LocTite 221: The Taming Of The Screw...
SPACE-DWELLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 June 2008, 08:42 AM   #40
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Watch: ALL SOLD!!
Quote:
Whew....finally a happy ending!!

I firmly believe that my time on planet earth is NOT yet up!! I shall fight this to the very end.......and WIN!!
JJ Irani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 June 2008, 09:13 AM   #41
Mrdi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ Irani View Post
Whew....finally a happy ending!!
Mrdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 June 2008, 09:58 AM   #42
pwrslider
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16710 Coke
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven79 View Post
I've noticed with USPS overnight, it is never overnight. give it another day.

i HATE usps.
I was going to say the same thing......sometimes overnight means....a couple of nights...
Rolex Explorer II Blk (91)
Breitling SuperOcean Steelfish (07)
Panerai 104 & 177ti ( 04/03)
pwrslider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 June 2008, 10:59 AM   #43
colemanitis
"TRF" Member

Watch: PAM 1090
Where's the pics????????
Member #471
colemanitis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 June 2008, 12:39 PM   #44
RW16610
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116710LN
Oh my...... I'm so sorry to hear this that truly sucks......
RW16610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 June 2008, 12:47 PM   #45
diversified
"TRF" Member

I agree with Hamilton. I once sent a watch out for maintenance with USPS and to be honest, I thought the tracking, signatures, etc., was a joke. I won't use the USPS anymore for anything I want tracked step by step.
diversified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 June 2008, 12:51 PM   #46
RW16610
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116710LN
Quote:
Originally Posted by diversified View Post
I agree with Hamilton. I once sent a watch out for maintenance with USPS and to be honest, I thought the tracking, signatures, etc., was a joke. I won't use the USPS anymore for anything I want tracked step by step.
Yeah with some stuff I got off ebay it made me pretty mad..... That the "Trackin" only shows it was sent, and once it was delivered it will show that.... soooo Just hope this can somehow turn out for the better and be left forgotton once resolved.
RW16610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 June 2008, 02:34 PM   #47
springer
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: GMT-MASTER
It will be at least two months before they pay off - after the claim is filed.

INSTAGRAM USER NAME: SPRINGERJFP
Visit my Instagram page to view some of the finest vintage GMTs anywhere - as well as other vintage classics.
springer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 June 2008, 03:59 PM   #48
pwrslider
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16710 Coke
Quote:
HEY....you got a nine state subby date??? That's evern rarer (is that even a word?) than a triple red dweller or a Wooly Sheep-Master!!!

Good work!.....now go take some photos!
Rolex Explorer II Blk (91)
Breitling SuperOcean Steelfish (07)
Panerai 104 & 177ti ( 04/03)
pwrslider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 June 2008, 05:32 PM   #49
harvey
"TRF" Member

i was giving up the will to live this week... we had one misplaced sd, one cracked crystal and now one lost in transit rolex... but im glad this had a happy ending...

just waiting on the other two threads for the same...
Old 21 June 2008, 07:11 PM   #50
daytona_mania
"TRF" Member

well im glad all is well now!!

Ive been holding my breath since friday when i got confirmation that my watch is in the mail...yes its USPS but after talking to several ppl here on the forum it was USPS they recommended!!!

Now my question is which is the safest or most reliable service out there.......I've had problems with USPS and I'm sure some have had problems with FEDEX and the like, should we start a poll of shipping horror stories?
daytona_mania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 June 2008, 07:32 PM   #51
Spark
"TRF" Member

Watch: Too Many
Shipping watches internationally is a nightmare if they go astray.
I have looked in to it many times and shipped on a wing and a prayer many times too.
Luckily I have never lost anything, but I really feel for those who have.

Although Fed-Ex etc... seem to be the safest they still won't cover any more than $500 on a jewellery item if I remember correctly and the Post Office here in the UK will only cover up to £500 approx $1000, which does give you some peace of mind, but if a $4000 watch went missing you are still right in the brown stuff.

They all seem to take forever to sort out claims too, as you would expect (nobody likes giving money away) especially insurance companies.

Really pleased to hear you watch should arrive Mike.
Hopefully it will be worth the day spent with a twisted gut and tight chest worrying about it.
Spark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 June 2008, 08:09 PM   #52
Road Warrior
"TRF" Member

Watch: Any Rolex
Glad this had a happy ending.
Shipping USPS is pretty scary sometimes. Overnight USPS in my area is 2 nights.
Old 21 June 2008, 08:24 PM   #53
chevycorvette
"TRF" Member

Watch: still looking
Probably The Sticked On Plastic Envelope That Has The Mailing Slip Came Off From The Box.

Now, The Package Has No Sender Or Receiver Info.

But U Still Have A Chance. Ask The Sender To Drop By Post Office, And Show The Receipt Of The Shipment, Which Contain Tracking Number. And Describe To Them What The Box Look Like.

It Happened To Me Last Time. When I Sent A Overnight Shipment. And Post Office Lost The Mailing Paper On The Box. After A Few Days. They Found It.
chevycorvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 June 2008, 08:55 PM   #54
PhilM
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sea-Dweller
Just glad it arrived safely in the end, never nice waiting to hear the outcome of these kind of things... now just need the all important pics
PhilM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 June 2008, 08:59 PM   #55
djemmtee
"TRF" Member

Watch: LV Sub
thanks for all the happy thoughts and kind words. I will take some pics of this thing tommorrow when I have some free time, I can see why they didnt drastically change this thing for 50 years, true ICONIC CLASSIC!

Instagram: rolexfan69
djemmtee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 June 2008, 07:40 AM   #56
mailman
TRF Moderator & DATE-JUST41 2024 Patron

Watch: 126610LN
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgang427 View Post
Express mail has a delivery guarentee. The sender can get your money back from USPS for late delivery(full-postage) after he fails a claim at his P.O.
Actually the sender only gets back the shipping charge, not the value of the item
Old 22 June 2008, 11:11 AM   #57
Hatchet
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamilton Carvalho View Post
Sorry about that Mike. I've been in this situation many times with USPS, I find them to be the WORST carrier out there. One time I have to wait 6 months to get my money back, because USPS and the seller refused to give me my money back. They blamed each other for the lost of the package, and I was in the middle of their dispute. It took six months of investigation before I revceived my money from USPS. In another situation I lost $500.00, and after six months of investigastion they concluded that they lost the package, but, since I didn't pay for insurance I lost the money. The best thing to do is to NOT use USPS services at all, they are unprofessional, unreliable and stupid. I've never had any problem with Fedex, UPS and DHL they're the best.
Sorry about your issues, but why would you expect them to pay you back if you didn't buy insurance? USPS is the only way to go, in my opinion. Registered takes a little longer but perfectly safe.
And I say, "Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know." And he says, "Oh, uh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness." So I got that goin' for me, which is nice. --Carl Spackler in Caddyshack
Hatchet is offline   Reply With Quote