The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 25 November 2022, 04:49 PM   #31
Nairn1980
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT
Quote:
Originally Posted by 77T View Post
Which AD in which city?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Way over list price, so no point in chasing them
Nairn1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 November 2022, 05:27 PM   #32
taitun4life
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116610LV
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibzk View Post
Hello everyone, I’m also from Pakistan and Karachi specifically.
I’ve visited the two ADs in Karachi, Pakistan plenty times, their names are: kahf international and international watch company.

Now getting to the main point, yes Bram is right, all the watches are for sale however the catch is that the prices are officially more than the prices I get from grey dealers in dubai.
Basically the ADs in Pakistan charge an ever higher premium as a grey dealer would in USA
Wow

Get what you love and wear ‘em…..
taitun4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 November 2022, 11:20 PM   #33
zengineer
"TRF" Member

I guess I know where to go if I want to trade out of my Sub into a mint dial 34mm Datejust ...good to know.

Sent using Tapatalk
zengineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 February 2024, 11:10 PM   #34
Abutate
"TRF" Member

AD in Pakistan.

Looks old thread, However i can confirm AD in Pakistan is charging customers way over Retail. Should there be a way of reporting them? i would gladly do that. Please avoid AD in Karachi by all means.
Abutate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 February 2024, 11:51 PM   #35
fsprow
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Patek 5168, 5170P
On several AD purchases, primarily in Dubai, I have found that the sales price of high demand watches is often significantly above MSRP. In examining the invoice, several additional fees and items are included, which bring the delivered price higher. I assume Rolex and other manufacturers are well aware of this by now and it’s OK with them.
fsprow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21 February 2024, 11:56 PM   #36
TudorDXB
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Datejust 41
I am from originally from Karachi as well and I have been to both the mentioned dealers in this thread. They have almost all models available. I agree with ibzk that the prices in Pakistan are higher than any grey dealer in Dubai. The issue is not that the ADs are selling at a premium. The issue stems from the weakness of Pakistan rupee as well as the 25% sales tax / VAT imposed by the government on luxury goods. I have done the calcs and if you take the prices in Dubai and add 20% plus another small %age for the rupee devaluation you will get to the prices at the Rolex ADs in Pakistan. I even told them the same that it is much cheaper for me to buy from the secondary market in Dubai than the AD in Karachi but they told me their hands are tied due to the sales tax regulations
TudorDXB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 February 2024, 11:59 PM   #37
TudorDXB
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsprow View Post
On several AD purchases, primarily in Dubai, I have found that the sales price of high demand watches is often significantly above MSRP. In examining the invoice, several additional fees and items are included, which bring the delivered price higher. I assume Rolex and other manufacturers are well aware of this by now and it’s OK with them.
The prices in Dubai are mentioned on the Rolex website - there is no way the AD is charging higher than what is stated (there is only one AD). I am happy to show you my invoice for my latest AD purchase. Yes, the secondary market prices are higher but you can always find deals if you know where to look. I picked a BLNR in December at a really good price.
Old 22 February 2024, 02:32 AM   #38
fsprow
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Patek 5168, 5170P
Quote:
Originally Posted by TudorDXB View Post
The prices in Dubai are mentioned on the Rolex website - there is no way the AD is charging higher than what is stated (there is only one AD). I am happy to show you my invoice for my latest AD purchase. Yes, the secondary market prices are higher but you can always find deals if you know where to look. I picked a BLNR in December at a really good price.
Interesting and thanks. The watches I’ve purchased above MSRP there were not Rolex.
fsprow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22 February 2024, 03:16 AM   #39
TudorDXB
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsprow View Post
Interesting and thanks. The watches I’ve purchased above MSRP there were not Rolex.
I'd like to add that the prices for most watch brands are stated on the UAE version of their website. This is specifically the case for Richemont, LVMH and Swatch Group brands for e.g. IWC, Panerai, Cartier, Zenith, Tag, Omega, etc.
Old 22 February 2024, 04:47 AM   #40
KatGirl
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Watch: 126233 Wimbledon T
AD has 40 pieces for sale!!!

Sounds to me like these are sold above MSRP, so not the same as if my AD had 40 pieces for sale. I have visited my AD probably 6 times in the past 18 months, and there has never been any watches readily available, for sale, except of course for the last time, when I was suddenly offered my Wimbledon, but that was a fluke, because a gentleman, who was there to pick up his allocation, suddenly changed his mind.

Kat.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
KatGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 February 2024, 05:22 AM   #41
GONZO2LR
"TRF" Member

Watch: SS Submariner Date
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatGirl View Post
Sounds to me like these are sold above MSRP, so not the same as if my AD had 40 pieces for sale. I have visited my AD probably 6 times in the past 18 months, and there has never been any watches readily available, for sale, except of course for the last time, when I was suddenly offered my Wimbledon, but that was a fluke, because a gentleman, who was there to pick up his allocation, suddenly changed his mind.

Kat.

So you turned it down too, that gentleman was probably on the list and never really got to put it on his wrist and when he did....he just said...not for me and walked away...he wasnt going to spend...$$$$$$ just to get on the AD good side!

That is how it use to before it got all crazy...i remember looking at a full case and trying on Rolexes of every style...saying...limme see that one...ohhh and that one.....now...no..i hope one day everyone will get to do that again....

Do you think they ever will?
GONZO2LR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 February 2024, 06:20 AM   #42
KatGirl
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Watch: 126233 Wimbledon T
AD has 40 pieces for sale!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GONZO2LR View Post
So you turned it down too, that gentleman was probably on the list and never really got to put it on his wrist and when he did....he just said...not for me and walked away...he wasnt going to spend...$$$$$$ just to get on the AD good side!

That is how it use to before it got all crazy...i remember looking at a full case and trying on Rolexes of every style...saying...limme see that one...ohhh and that one.....now...no..i hope one day everyone will get to do that again....

Do you think they ever will?

I did NOT turn it down. It’s more stunning IRL, than in any pics:

As for your question, I do think things will eventually return to normal. It will take some time, though.

Kat

KatGirl is offline   Reply With Quote