The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Miscellaneous Forums > Announcements/feedback & support

Closed Thread

Old 3 September 2008, 10:22 AM   #31
Gedanken
"TRF" Member

Watch: F-series SD
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntesta05 View Post
sounds like a robust metric....except what steps are there to prevent from wafting after the sale
Well you'd already have paid the entry price, so if you waft, it's really no skin off anybody's nose, is it?

By the way, you DO realise that all of this would apply specifically to you, don't you? After all, you're the one who seems to have a problem with the 15/15 rule.
Old 3 September 2008, 10:24 AM   #32
Gedanken
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I'm going to try a face to face sale. I would prefer this because this would alleviate someone's fears and also it would cut out a lot of the online "tire kickers". If they still have a fear, they are more than welcome to set up an appointment at a local authorized dealer near me and pay the costs to have the watch examined (with me present). If a person is serious about buying it, they wouldn't consider this a hassle. If they consider this a hassle, they aren't serious about buying it. Cut and dry.
Excellent reasoning! Since you've already dealt with all of your concerns, this thread is a moot point.
Old 3 September 2008, 10:34 AM   #33
scottschoe
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welshwatchman View Post
In fact make that 200 posts and 3 months.
Agreed. Plus add in tagged pictures and Pledge Membership.
Old 3 September 2008, 11:16 AM   #34
ntesta05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gedanken View Post
Well you'd already have paid the entry price, so if you waft, it's really no skin off anybody's nose, is it?
some here think it's skin off their nose....if buyer is happy with his/her purchase, I don't know why someone would be miffed about that. Isn't that what you want, someone to have a good buying experience here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gedanken View Post
By the way, you DO realise that all of this would apply specifically to you, don't you? After all, you're the one who seems to have a problem with the 15/15 rule.
I assume someone making a suggestion under the suggestions forum would be considered as having a problem? The rest of this thread is me countering some of the arguments and I assume some(namely Paul) are being miffed that I gave examples of how their argument doesn't hold up, e.g. the BMW example. I mean if you get miffed at someone countering your argument, why be a moderator to begin with? You are suppose to "moderate" discussions, not project your opinion onto others and be miffed at someone for making a suggestion. The owner/admin already did that and I'm following by their rules LOL
Old 3 September 2008, 11:47 AM   #35
ntesta05

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottschoe View Post
Agreed. Plus add in tagged pictures and Pledge Membership.
I like your Xanga site:

http://www.xanga.com/scottschoe

if you sell a watch on here, would you require that they be a "dumb white kid", as you describe such a person hitting your Lexus?
Old 3 September 2008, 11:54 AM   #36
Art161
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sundial
Quote:
I assume someone making a suggestion under the suggestions forum would be considered as having a problem? The rest of this thread is me countering some of the arguments and I assume some(namely Paul) are being miffed that I gave examples of how their argument doesn't hold up, e.g. the BMW example. I mean if you get miffed at someone countering your argument, why be a moderator to begin with? You are suppose to "moderate" discussions, not project your opinion onto others and be miffed at someone for making a suggestion. The owner/admin already did that and I'm following by their rules LOL
I guess I missed the memo that said that moderators were not allowed to be miffed.
Member #13992 HM Power to the Superlative Panda, officially certified! HMPanda eats, shoots and leaves.
Rolexers do it with perpetual movements.
Old 3 September 2008, 12:26 PM   #37
Gedanken
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Isn't that what you want, someone to have a good buying experience here?
The short answer is no. Mind you, it's not that I want anyone to have a bad buying experience either. The underlying point that you seem to have missed here is that this is primarily a forum, not a sale site. What the mods want is that it operates properly as a forum, and you can take the sale part of it to be an extra function that the forum provides - as you seem to have missed Paul saying in his first reply to you, it's a perk. Bluntly put, you are carrying on about an issue that is at best peripheral to the forum's core function.

Quote:
I assume someone making a suggestion under the suggestions forum would be considered as having a problem?
You assume wrong. You having a problem is:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntesta05
Seems like a waste of time.
Or did you forget what you've written? On another note, you acknowledge that you've made a suggestion. You do know what a suggestion is, don't you? You do know that if you suggest something, nobody's obliged to take up on it, don't you? If the answer to these two questions is yes, then I'm wondering why you're claiming to make a suggestion but acting as if it's a demand.

Quote:
I mean if you get miffed at someone countering your argument, why be a moderator to begin with? You are suppose to "moderate" discussions, not project your opinion onto others and be miffed at someone for making a suggestion. The owner/admin already did that and I'm following by their rules LOL
The owner said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lol-x View Post
If you can't see any point in anyone making any posts to discus any aspects of watches or anything else, or do not like the rule then I think you have definitely come to the wrong place.

So if you are a commercial seller, then you are probably better off on e-bay. This forum is about much more than selling a watch and making a buck, and that's the way it is and is going to stay.
Did you also miss that like you missed everything else mentioned above? Steve already spelt it out very clearly. Yes, you have made your point. No, it's not going to change the rule that is in place. If you don't like it, nobody's twisting your arm to stick around and any continued dissonance is entirely of your own making.

So, to summarise, your point's been made. The rule will not change, and Steve has told you so in just those words. Any further discourse on this matter is therefore superfluous.
Old 3 September 2008, 12:33 PM   #38
scottschoe
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I like your Xanga site:

http://www.xanga.com/scottschoe

if you sell a watch on here, would you require that they be a "dumb white kid", as you describe such a person hitting your Lexus?
Cool congrats on finding my defunct blog site! You deserve a pat on the back. And yes, any kid who hits my car at an intersection and tries to drive off and ends up getting caught by me 5mins later is a dumb (insert race here) kid. Especially one who tries to report a false insurance claim and ends up paying me $1K for a clearcoat scratch.

One thing's for sure, I'm sure not buying any of your watches. You'd probably be asking these rhetorical questions until I blocked your phone and email.

Basically, what I'm trying to say is: QYB.
Old 3 September 2008, 08:28 PM   #39
ntesta05

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottschoe View Post
Cool congrats on finding my defunct blog site! You deserve a pat on the back. And yes, any kid who hits my car at an intersection and tries to drive off and ends up getting caught by me 5mins later is a dumb (insert race here) kid. Especially one who tries to report a false insurance claim and ends up paying me $1K for a clearcoat scratch.

One thing's for sure, I'm sure not buying any of your watches. You'd probably be asking these rhetorical questions until I blocked your phone and email.

Basically, what I'm trying to say is: QYB.
why would I even sell to you in the first place, look at the immaturity of your myspace and xanga webpages? Maybe post more pics of you holding up your Glock like you are a "gangsta" LOL
Old 3 September 2008, 08:50 PM   #40
Hatchet
"TRF" Member

Any chance a mod could lock this thread? I think all of the questions by the original poster have been answered.
And I say, "Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know." And he says, "Oh, uh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness." So I got that goin' for me, which is nice. --Carl Spackler in Caddyshack
Old 3 September 2008, 10:39 PM   #41
Gedanken
"TRF" Member

I agree, and it looks like it can only go downhill from here.

ntesta05, be advised that your posts to scottschoe constitute trolling. Any more of that and you will be issued infraction points. If you persist, you will be banned.