The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Patek Philippe Discussion Forum

Old 13 September 2023, 02:40 PM   #31
bay_area_kid
"TRF" Member

Watch: Submariner 14060M
Quote:
Originally Posted by chimp98 View Post
That's just their regular store being remodeled. Definitely no PP boutique - confirmed with Jenny, their store manager.
Just checked their website and it actually says:

Quote:
To further enhance the shopping experience, our new space will feature four new mono-brand boutiques: Patek Philippe, Omega, Tudor, and Hublot. Each boutique will showcase its brand's distinctive identity and rich heritage, presenting a comprehensive range of collections, including limited edition and exclusive boutique models.
bay_area_kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 September 2023, 03:16 PM   #32
bay_area_kid
"TRF" Member

Watch: Submariner 14060M
Quote:
Originally Posted by codecow View Post
It’s funny that their go to line is, “It’s for VVIP”.

Yup, I've heard that when I inquired about the Tudor Pelagos 39 and the FXD. Two year wait for those, they said.

Meanwhile, HQ Milton has a Pelagos FXD listed for $3,750 right now. Topper in Burlingame had one just recently for about $4,200 out the door.

They love to play up the "scarcity", they'll try to make a Black Bay Pro seem like a Rolex Explorer II or the green dial Seamaster Diver 300M seem like a Submariner and how you're so lucky they have one available right now.

And don't even get me started on the Omega Summer Blue models. "Very limited", "We've never seen one, ever!", blah blah blah. It's like they're completely unaware you can order one directly from the Omega website nowadays or you can get one with a decent discount on the pre-owned market (OC Watch Guy has one for $5,795 right now).
bay_area_kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 September 2023, 03:45 PM   #33
chimp98
"TRF" Member

Watch: FPJ Octa Lune
Quote:
Originally Posted by bay_area_kid View Post
Just checked their website and it actually says:
Lol, now that's just twisting words! Boutiques within a boutique.
Old 13 September 2023, 04:05 PM   #34
mooty
"TRF" Member

when u buy enough watches through enough stores, you know CH is full of it...
mooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 September 2023, 05:10 PM   #35
Crazywis
"TRF" Member

Kerns website says theirs will be the third mono-brand boutique in the US. So this one will be the fourth? Or is this different from Kerns and the one in BH?
Crazywis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 September 2023, 01:19 AM   #36
Gebbeth
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Topper has an Omega boutique that is attached to, but kinda separate from their main sales floor. Not sure if this is what CH means. How they will shove 4 lines into "separate" areas, I don't know....and I'm just assuming.

BUT, what do I care. I want to go to CH as much as I want to go get a colonoscopy.
Gebbeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 September 2023, 01:21 AM   #37
llngoc
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gebbeth View Post
Topper has an Omega boutique that is attached to, but kinda separate from their main sales floor. Not sure if this is what CH means. How they will shove 4 lines into "separate" areas, I don't know....and I'm just assuming.

BUT, what do I care. I want to go to CH as much as I want to go get a colonoscopy.

Colonoscopy was not that bad. At least you get a good nap

Please don’t make it sounds worse than it is
llngoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 September 2023, 08:16 AM   #38
GK12345EMAIL
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: FPJ, Rolex, Patek
Quote:
Originally Posted by norcalgt3 View Post
The problem is this CH premier location offers bundling but then renegs leaving you on the hook
Exactly.

And they are supposed to have a PP boutique. Was told so a few months back. About PP and VC boutiques.
GK12345EMAIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 September 2023, 04:25 AM   #39
James84
"TRF" Member

New to this forum but been a watch enthusiast for years.

I thought I would break the ice with this as I recall a rather uncomfortable experience visiting this boutique my last time in CA.

It was at their location in the mall and I was interested in Patek and asked what it would take to get into the brand on an entry level.

The lady asked very specific questions relative to what i do for living, where exactly do I live, own or rent, what other brands do I collect and which pieces I have in collection, what I do for fun etc…

I understand the boutique wants to truly understand the client before allocating them something from one of the most in demand brands in the world. But the line of questioning got a bit uncomfortable and almost too personal for me. It didn’t feel right, almost felt like they were screening me in a caste system process.

I simply walked and still trying to find the right boutique.
James84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 September 2023, 02:10 PM   #40
dauster
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by James84 View Post

I thought I would break the ice with this as I recall a rather uncomfortable experience visiting this boutique my last time in CA.

It was at their location in the mall and I was interested in Patek and asked what it would take to get into the brand on an entry level.

The lady asked very specific questions relative to what i do for living, where exactly do I live, own or rent, what other brands do I collect and which pieces I have in collection, what I do for fun etc…

I understand the boutique wants to truly understand the client before allocating them something from one of the most in demand brands in the world. But the line of questioning got a bit uncomfortable and almost too personal for me. It didn’t feel right, almost felt like they were screening me in a caste system process.

So is there anyone that ever actually buys something from CH- seems like everyone has the same horrible relationship who do they sell watches to?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
dauster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 September 2023, 03:19 PM   #41
mooty
"TRF" Member

^ I know 2 ppl who bought watches from them. but the feed rate is slow. and even they are not pleased despite getting watches from CHP
Old 25 September 2023, 03:21 PM   #42
mooty
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GK12345EMAIL View Post
Exactly.

And they are supposed to have a PP boutique. Was told so a few months back. About PP and VC boutiques.
for VC it's an EXTERNAL boutique. it's collab. it is nOT a boutique....

PP they are definite nOT a boutique.
Old 25 September 2023, 03:23 PM   #43
mooty
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by James84 View Post

they asked me the same.
but no result.
if they want to know client. find out ...
many will not disclose where, how, why... their wealth came to be....
Old 25 September 2023, 03:26 PM   #44
mooty
"TRF" Member

Quote:
you are correct...

for PP, kerns will be a BOUTIQUE and Polachek is also a BOUTIQUE. I am not sure which is the one at BH.
Old 25 September 2023, 03:29 PM   #45
mooty
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by llngoc View Post
A friend who was already a CH client but not with big spending history was invited to the VC boutique opening. He saw a Fifty-Six and was interested but his SA told him that the watch was reserved for a VVIP and just stopped at that. She did not even bother to offer to order another one for him. He was quite upset but felt much better when another friend showed him that he can get the exact watch for 30% off in grey market.

Another friend went it and asked about a 5712/1a and was shown a JLC diamond bracelet watch for $135000. The sales implied that he may get a 5712/1a within a few months if he is interested in the bracelet watch. I told him to just get the 5712 at grey for less than the price of the bracelet watch and save some money and headache.

The few times I went in to look at even jewelry with my wife, the SA always tried to push and up sell something which was not even what we inquired and showed interests on. It is very obvious that the SAs there were trained in a very special way by ignoring what the customer wants and only focus on what he/she needs to sell.
56... how many you need. they are everywhere.
now see if they can get
6000V in either ti or RG
traditionelle green dial plat toubillon
skeleton perpetual
all within 12 month
Old 25 September 2023, 03:59 PM   #46
Crazywis
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooty View Post
you are correct...

for PP, kerns will be a BOUTIQUE and Polachek is also a BOUTIQUE. I am not sure which is the one at BH.
Gearys?
Old 6 February 2024, 05:42 PM   #47
Crazywis
"TRF" Member

It appears CH lost their SoCal status with Patek. Could their NorCal location be next? Or perhaps they get to consolidate all their allocations into NorCal when the boutique opens?
Old 6 February 2024, 06:58 PM   #48
mooty
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by norcalgt3 View Post
the problem is this ch premier location offers bundling but then renegs leaving you on the hook
Old 7 February 2024, 03:41 PM   #49
dauster
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazywis View Post
It appears CH lost their SoCal status with Patek. Could their NorCal location be next? Or perhaps they get to consolidate all their allocations into NorCal when the boutique opens?

They are building a new Patek boutique in NorCal at Westfield valley fair pretty sure they will stay in the mix

dauster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 February 2024, 04:54 PM   #50
PBJ1925
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 326934
Quote:
Originally Posted by dauster View Post
They are building a new Patek boutique in NorCal at Westfield valley fair pretty sure they will stay in the mix

Right now scheduled to open around May 2024.
PBJ1925 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 May 2024, 01:32 PM   #51
Teammccalla
"TRF" Member

I think all the deeeeep pockets and new tech money makes the Valley Fair experience kinda unpleasant. They don’t have to offer any customer service at all! The next rich clown to walk through the door will just slap down their credit card. CH is not horrible, but they themselves will acknowledge the phenomenon. Their selection of PP is very thin, and they say that the “phenomenon” is the reason — too much money floating around. The Breitling / JLC boutique is slightly better, and Cartier is always helpful. The Licht Rolex place is truly horrible. I would NEVER buy anything there. Incredibly snobby and knowledge is so poor.

I hope the CH “boutiques” are better, but I am not expecting much.

I limit my interactions to a quick browse for entertainment.
Teammccalla is offline   Reply With Quote