The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 16 September 2016, 12:10 PM   #31
dmitrii_
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WJGESQ View Post
That omega in the box is uber cool.
Quote:
Originally Posted by the0thrdude View Post
Nice collection! Nice Bond Seamaster.
Thnx, I have a special place in my heart for this watch. My dad wore an Omega for a lot of years until I converted him to Rolex.

ig: therolexgram
dmitrii_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 September 2016, 12:18 PM   #32
dmitrii_
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by porschedude View Post
Explorer 2

DSSD-blue

HULK
\]

I like the explorer 2 but don't really want this many SS Rolex references. Have my eyes on the Daytona Ceramic and a PP Nautilus, both white dial.

Owned and loved a DSSD for some time. It was my second Rolex, got it around 2013 and just moved it this year for the Smurf. I really like the look of the DSSD-blue but don't really think a DeepSea is essential to my collection. Great looking reference however. Sat a bit tall on my wrist and that became a love/hate thing eventually.

While I do like the Hulk, I think I have the ultimate Submariner in the Smurf. To me, the Smurf is everything a Submariner should be; smart, stealthy, and absolutely stunning. I love the stealth factor, it wears like an SS to the untrained eye all the while I KNOW I have a WG chunk on my wrist. Until a Platinum Sub is released, the Smurf is a fixture in my watch box.

Old 16 September 2016, 12:52 PM   #33
Hodog16
"TRF" Member

Watch: RG Olive DD40
You have a great taste in watches! I agree the 116619 works great as a daily watch .

I would absolutely move the 116610. YG DD40 is the way to go for sure.

If it were me, I would pass on the 116500 since you have the YG Daytona and work on upgrading the GMT to a ceramic BLRO later on.
Hodog16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 September 2016, 01:00 PM   #34
Wcdhtwn
"TRF" Member

Watch: SkyD, SD43, GMT2
Are you set on 40mm? If not a chocolate dial/RG sky dweller would be great. Flip whatever you need to but keep the Omega... wearing mine now and you need the brand diversity.
Wcdhtwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 September 2016, 01:48 PM   #35
dmitrii_
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodog16 View Post
You have a great taste in watches! I agree the 116619 works great as a daily watch .

I would absolutely move the 116610. YG DD40 is the way to go for sure.

If it were me, I would pass on the 116500 since you have the YG Daytona and work on upgrading the GMT to a ceramic BLRO later on.
Thank you brother, likewise! Which dial did you go with on the DD40?

Not interested in upgrading the 16710 as it is a Z serial with the 3186 movement. Special watch. Also the BLRO doesn't sing to me at all. Don't like the colors on the bezel. Big fan of the YG GMT II however.

Old 16 September 2016, 01:49 PM   #36
dmitrii_
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wcdhtwn View Post
Are you set on 40mm? If not a chocolate dial/RG sky dweller would be great. Flip whatever you need to but keep the Omega... wearing mine now and you need the brand diversity.
Not really into anything over 40mm at this time. Sky Dweller is nice but not for me. I'm more of a classics guy. The classics are classic for a reason.

Old 16 September 2016, 02:17 PM   #37
Samui
Banned

I would flip the sub the gmt and the omega for the daytona C and the rg DD40. Also consider a ROO
Samui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 September 2016, 11:27 PM   #38
dmitrii_
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samui View Post
I would flip the sub the gmt and the omega for the daytona C and the rg DD40. Also consider a ROO
Only AP that really sings to me is the 15202.

Old 17 September 2016, 01:44 PM   #39
dmitrii_
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shichinin View Post
DD40 with green dial would be perfect

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Really really growing on me

Old 17 September 2016, 09:12 PM   #40
gossbeau
Banned

Watch: 25940ok
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tri-Tip View Post
You have too many watches...send me the Smurf and your collection will be perfect!
gossbeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 September 2016, 09:14 PM   #41
gossbeau
Banned

Watch: 25940ok
This collection already looks pretty legit to me!! Congrats for having taken it that far already! Great watches, nothing to say!!
gossbeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 September 2016, 09:47 PM   #42
1William
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/Others
I like your collection but would choose between the DD 40 and the Daytona if the DD 40 is going to be in YG. I have a DD II and a Sub that are both in YG and don't have the wrist time for both pieces. I have been the Platinum DD II route and while I love the watch the funds it takes keep me from several other pieces. I have read your response that the Daytona and Omega are special pieces and I understand that but I would consider keeping the WG Sub. Get rid of everything else, buy the DD 40 in YG and have enough cash left to pick-up the Daytona-C when it becomes available. This would give you a strong three watch line-up and utilize funds already on hand. After a period if you want to add anything back in you could. Just my thoughts.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 September 2016, 09:55 PM   #43
Chiboy
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona
I don't really care for the YG Daytona, so would flip that when you can get the new SS Daytona.
Old 17 September 2016, 10:22 PM   #44
dmitrii_
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gossbeau View Post
This collection already looks pretty legit to me!! Congrats for having taken it that far already! Great watches, nothing to say!!
Thanks pal! Appreciate that.

Old 17 September 2016, 10:26 PM   #45
dmitrii_
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1William View Post
I like your collection but would choose between the DD 40 and the Daytona if the DD 40 is going to be in YG. I have a DD II and a Sub that are both in YG and don't have the wrist time for both pieces. I have been the Platinum DD II route and while I love the watch the funds it takes keep me from several other pieces. I have read your response that the Daytona and Omega are special pieces and I understand that but I would consider keeping the WG Sub. Get rid of everything else, buy the DD 40 in YG and have enough cash left to pick-up the Daytona-C when it becomes available. This would give you a strong three watch line-up and utilize funds already on hand. After a period if you want to add anything back in you could. Just my thoughts.
Not particular about funds being tied up in watches. The YG Daytona would be the last watch I would part with. I absolutely love that example. In no rush to get the Daytona Ceramic, so can wait a while until it becomes available.

Think having 2 YG references in one collection is excessive?

Old 17 September 2016, 11:14 PM   #46
Hodog16
"TRF" Member

Watch: RG Olive DD40
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmitrii_ View Post
Thank you brother, likewise! Which dial did you go with on the DD40?

Not interested in upgrading the 16710 as it is a Z serial with the 3186 movement. Special watch. Also the BLRO doesn't sing to me at all. Don't like the colors on the bezel. Big fan of the YG GMT II however.
Ah understood, yes that GMT is definitely a keeper!

I went with the silver Romans

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1William View Post
Great thoughts and really echoes what I was planning on doing eventually. Got 2 out of 3 and thinking a Daytona will complete the collection down the road.

For me not planning on having a bunch of watches, I would want more diversity than having two YG references. I'd love to have that Daytona be RG or *gulp* platinum!
Hodog16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 September 2016, 11:40 PM   #47
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
WG dd40 with green dial.
brandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 September 2016, 11:43 PM   #48
drgoro
"TRF" Member

I'd personally go for a slightly larger case; I like to add that but of variety to change up not only the look of a collection but feel also.
drgoro is offline   Reply With Quote