The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 21 June 2023, 05:55 AM   #31
dmash
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mini2 View Post
This kills me to read
That guy is definitely an exception, and was technically 18 months, not a year. But still, definitely an exception.
dmash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 June 2023, 06:18 AM   #32
Vince_76
"TRF" Member

Quote:
This kills me to read
You and me both
Vince_76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 June 2023, 07:18 AM   #33
Rickkk
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Can we all request this Vanessa SA?
So you can vanish on her like you do here?
Rickkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 June 2023, 08:14 AM   #34
GW44
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/Rolex
Icon13

Quote:
Can we all request this Vanessa SA?
First off she’s not an SA and no……we’ve all warned her about you….
GW44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 June 2023, 08:25 AM   #35
GW44
"TRF" Member

Icon10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickkk View Post
We live in hope
Old 21 June 2023, 09:09 AM   #36
Ashj52
"TRF" Member

Quote:
This kills me to read
Sorry Mini2, I hope it didn't come across as though I was bragging etc I was not at all expecting an allocation, caught me by complete surprise and that's why I feel there is hope for anyone waiting. Keep touching base with AP house in London and hopefully things will work out.
Old 21 June 2023, 07:32 PM   #37
RolexADreal
"TRF" Member

Watch: Patek Chrono Perp
Quote:
Originally Posted by GW44 View Post
Let me call her to make sure she understood
Old 21 June 2023, 08:17 PM   #38
Mini2
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickkk View Post
Mini2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 June 2023, 08:18 PM   #39
Mini2
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Old 21 June 2023, 08:19 PM   #40
Mini2
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashj52 View Post
Sorry Mini2, I hope it didn't come across as though I was bragging etc I was not at all expecting an allocation, caught me by complete surprise and that's why I feel there is hope for anyone waiting. Keep touching base with AP house in London and hopefully things will work out.
I know you weren't bragging
Im just being a green jealous monster
Enjoy your watch bro
Old 22 June 2023, 02:03 AM   #41
GW44
"TRF" Member

Icon7

Quote:
Originally Posted by RolexADreal View Post
Let me call her to make sure she understood
I'm seeing her again next week at AP House and I'm positive we'll have far better things to talk about than an AP Troll on TRF
Old 22 June 2023, 02:04 AM   #42
Mini2
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I'm seeing her again next week at AP House and I'm positive we'll have far better things to talk about than an AP Troll on TRF
mate
Old 22 June 2023, 04:58 AM   #43
PeteWales
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr gadget View Post
The SA's at AP House Bond Street are working very hard to respond to the hundreds of emails they get every day. The team is excellent and but asking for a 16202 is i think unobtainable as a first watch, but I could be wrong. I am also on that list.
Just be honest and hopefully you have an interesting watch collection.
However, the fact that you are prepared to take money out of your pension, could suggest you are looking at it as an investment, which will not go down well the AP.

Hopefully I am wrong about it.
Absolutely not looking at it as an investment. My pension isn't actually how I intend to fund retirement. I have other assets for that. My pension is just a savings device and in the UK you can pull out a lump sum at age 55, which i will be in a couple of years. It's just a funding option. I've got cash in the bank too.
PeteWales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 June 2023, 08:08 PM   #44
Ashj52
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I know you weren't bragging
Im just being a green jealous monster
Enjoy your watch bro
Thanks!!
Old 22 June 2023, 10:24 PM   #45
Mr gadget
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteWales View Post
Absolutely not looking at it as an investment. My pension isn't actually how I intend to fund retirement. I have other assets for that. My pension is just a savings device and in the UK you can pull out a lump sum at age 55, which i will be in a couple of years. It's just a funding option. I've got cash in the bank too.
Mr gadget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 June 2023, 12:12 AM   #46
RolexADreal
"TRF" Member

Quote:
which day are u going?
Old 23 June 2023, 12:38 AM   #47
GW44
"TRF" Member

Icon7

Quote:
which day are u going?
Thursday.
Old 23 June 2023, 12:54 AM   #48
RolexADreal
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Thursday.
i see , unlikely i can pop by
Old 23 June 2023, 03:49 AM   #49
GW44
"TRF" Member

Icon5

Quote:
i see , unlikely i can pop by
Are you based in the Uk as your profile says Paris?
Old 23 June 2023, 04:52 AM   #50
Vivalas
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteWales View Post
Totally off topic and none of my business, but if you have other assets and an IHT issue, leave your pension alone and use the other assets first. General rule of thumb is almost everything else before pensions nowadays. Check with your adviser of course.

Back to topic - keep us updated when you get to go to AP.
Vivalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 June 2023, 11:54 PM   #51
PeteWales
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivalas View Post
Totally off topic and none of my business, but if you have other assets and an IHT issue, leave your pension alone and use the other assets first. General rule of thumb is almost everything else before pensions nowadays. Check with your adviser of course.

Back to topic - keep us updated when you get to go to AP.
Hi,

You are correct of course. I just never really anticipated getting to 55 and being able to pull some cash out of a pension i'd largely forgotten about is the ONLY silver lining :-)
Old 27 June 2023, 12:50 AM   #52
RolexADreal
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Are you based in the Uk as your profile says Paris?
today i am in italy, tomorrow spain....
Old 27 June 2023, 03:12 AM   #53
GW44
"TRF" Member

Icon7

Quote:
today i am in italy, tomorrow spain....

International man of mystery!
Old 27 June 2023, 04:15 AM   #54
Vivalas
"TRF" Member

Quote:
International man of mystery!
Or cabin crew on Ryanair
Old 27 June 2023, 06:45 AM   #55
GW44
"TRF" Member

Icon10

Quote:
Or cabin crew on Ryanair

Oh the shame……
Old 30 June 2023, 05:33 AM   #56
PeteWales
"TRF" Member

Hello All,

I visited AP London yesterday and met who I now assume is my SA. I don't feel comfortable mentioning her name because she's a young woman and it feels wrong. Unbelievably she went to school in the next village to mine in Wales so we had plenty to talk about. I believe she is new to the AP team and mentioned she used to work for Rolex. They had some comics and a 'Marvel' logo sign in the cigar lounge and I used to be in the comics industry so that was interesting to see. Apparently this was to do with the new Spiderman watch.

She showed me a RO a ROO and a Code. I've never actually tried on an AP. I tried on the RO first 41mm I believe. I absolutely loved it. I won't carry on about it but I am quite used to luxury watches but this seemed a standard over and above. I also really liked the ROO; more than I thought I would. If the RO did not exist I would be very tempted. The code I also liked but did not think it was special. A lovely watch nonetheless and I could see it being very versatile. It could easily be a dress watch with a leather strap. The SA asked which I liked and I opted for the RO. At this point she mentioned that 95% of people who came in want a blue faced SS RO. Obviously I would love one but I would be equally happy with a black faced one so I believe my interest in these watches has been 'registered' I don't know if I am on any sort of list now; I suspect not but I am very happy to have made my introduction and to carry on with the process. She suggested making another appointment in six months and I am very happy to do that. I loved the lounge; it's a fantastic space and to visit is no chore whatsoever. I interacted with maybe half a dozen people there and all were absolute credits to the brand.
Old 30 June 2023, 05:43 AM   #57
Vivalas
"TRF" Member

Pete, everyone at AP House are great in my experience and you’ve been in now and introduced yourself and that’s the way to start. Keep in touch with your SA and as she says make another appointment in a few months time. What a Coincidence that you grew up close to each other (Spent a lot of time in Wales myself lately as my youngest son has been at Cardiff Uni. Just finished so back there in 3 weeks for his graduation).

AP is a lovely place to go and try on a few watches and have a chat. Always worth visiting and I’m sure with time and patience your RO will happen :-)
Old 30 June 2023, 06:14 AM   #58
PeteWales
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Pete, everyone at AP House are great in my experience and you’ve been in now and introduced yourself and that’s the way to start. Keep in touch with your SA and as she says make another appointment in a few months time. What a Coincidence that you grew up close to each other (Spent a lot of time in Wales myself lately as my youngest son has been at Cardiff Uni. Just finished so back there in 3 weeks for his graduation).

AP is a lovely place to go and try on a few watches and have a chat. Always worth visiting and I’m sure with time and patience your RO will happen :-)

Ah Cardiff University. I hope your son enjoyed his stay here. Unfortunately we seem to be unable to keep many of the students that come to study here. We don't have the jobs to match the calibre of the degrees.

I'm considerably older than the SA, but I guess we met in the middle anecdote wise!

Actually there was another AP SA there who I chatted to briefly who worked in the AP boutique on Sloane Street. I have walked past there several times in the past and have never seen a watch in the window. He assured me that they sometimes did have watches in the window but never RO's and he had become expert in elaborate, floral window displays because he had so little stock to actually show.
Old 30 June 2023, 07:42 AM   #59
GW44
"TRF" Member

Icon14

Great to read your update and findings from yesterday Pete. So pleased it was a pleasant experience for you and fingers crossed it plays out for you.

With the RO 15510st if you are open to any of the 5 dial options it’ll certainly help you. But as you know Blue and Khaki are going to be a big stretch but don’t overlook the Silver or Grey as well as the Black dial you mentioned.

I briefly met the new SA today that you’ve been assigned to and she’s very nice indeed so you’ve landed on your feet there.

Keep in touch, pop in and do keep us all updated please
Old 30 June 2023, 07:52 AM   #60
neal.jy
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP 26240st,26420ce
Thanks for sharing the update! Glad you had a great experience at AP House and with your SA; hopefully we’ll see an incoming post from you soon - keep us posted and best of luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
neal.jy is offline   Reply With Quote