The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Patek Philippe Discussion Forum

Old 12 February 2016, 06:48 AM   #31
subtona
"TRF" Member

Watch: APK & sometimes Y
Quote:
Originally Posted by goog53 View Post
Gus, We need to consult John Mayer. He was able to commission a RG Bracelet for his 5004. Keep your eyes on the watch 😂😂😂
that is a nice watch.
Old 12 February 2016, 07:15 AM   #32
Marciano490
"TRF" Member

We're all saying 40k, because in your first post, you ask for a watch that's priced at 40-45k. Also, the Patek secondary market is soft for non-tiptop pieces right now. Even if you're able to buy at your desired discount, you'd still probably lose some on a flip.
Marciano490 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 February 2016, 07:43 AM   #33
PJ S
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapince View Post
Again how do you guys come up with 40K? in euros it's retail 30K, I'm getting at least 17% off, so with actual exchange I can't understand these 40K
Maybe you should use the currency symbol on your keyboard to let others know which you’re talking about.
Just because the forum is .com based, doesn’t automatically mean all prices discussed aught to be in US dollars – others have presumed you were talking in the currency of where you live.
Surely you can see that in the absence of certainty, people will assume it’s whichever is used in your locale?

In case you can find the symbols, for some odd reason, copy and paste the relevant one in future – it’ll save any confusion.

£
$

Back on topic…
You were quite vocal about the new designs of the Overseas range – have you not considered the 47040 or 41950 in RG with a rubber strap?
Pre-owned, since you seem to be concerned about resale value.
PJ S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 February 2016, 08:17 AM   #34
FlyinM3
"TRF" Member

I think all the different responses have been pretty much been exhausted by now....
I think the OP just wants confirmation that 5167r is the way to go.
So, I say just go for it and be done with it
FlyinM3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12 February 2016, 08:40 AM   #35
martinr
"TRF" Member

Get a 5712R and put one of those new rubber straps on it that we saw in another thread. That's everything you want, 5712, rose gold, rubber strap. If you need a nautilus on bracelet buy a 5711 1A SS with the money you would have spent on the 5167R.
martinr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 February 2016, 08:45 AM   #36
FlyinM3
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinr View Post
Get a 5712R and put one of those new rubber straps on it that we saw in another thread. That's everything you want, 5712, rose gold, rubber strap. If you need a nautilus on bracelet buy a 5711 1A SS with the money you would have spent on the 5167R.
This is something new....I actually like the idea
FlyinM3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12 February 2016, 08:53 AM   #37
nyc2la
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16660
Quote:

This, or a slight twist: Since OP loves the 5712, get the 5712r and the 5712/1a.
Old 12 February 2016, 09:59 AM   #38
lapince
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5712
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marciano490 View Post
We're all saying 40k, because in your first post, you ask for a watch that's priced at 40-45k. Also, the Patek secondary market is soft for non-tiptop pieces right now. Even if you're able to buy at your desired discount, you'd still probably lose some on a flip.
OK since this is a US based thing when I don't add euro I'm talking in USD, and wether euro, Pounds or USD I really don't get how anyone can get to 40K, even on chrono 24 your far from it… Well when I see the second market prices and the price I'm gonna get mine don't really see how I can loose cash, I flipped my 5712 and 5726 without loosing a cent, and having worn them for a certain time, but have lost on a few other pieces before

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ S View Post
Maybe you should use the currency symbol on your keyboard to let others know which you’re talking about.
Just because the forum is .com based, doesn’t automatically mean all prices discussed aught to be in US dollars – others have presumed you were talking in the currency of where you live.
Surely you can see that in the absence of certainty, people will assume it’s whichever is used in your locale?

In case you can find the symbols, for some odd reason, copy and paste the relevant one in future – it’ll save any confusion.

£
$

Back on topic…
You were quite vocal about the new designs of the Overseas range – have you not considered the 47040 or 41950 in RG with a rubber strap?
Pre-owned, since you seem to be concerned about resale value.
I have never been a fan of overseas and even less now, that's the perfect recipe for a 2-3 month flip if I ever saw one so I am talking in USD $, when I talk euros I say euros, since 90% are from the US and when it's dollars no one seems fit to add the sign I was going with the crowd, won't do it again

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyinM3 View Post
I think all the different responses have been pretty much been exhausted by now....
I think the OP just wants confirmation that 5167r is the way to go.
So, I say just go for it and be done with it
Yeah you're right, I agree, haven't found any other watch I'd prefer, so will go with it hoping that it doesn't end with a flip...

Quote:
Oh no, I need to get the 5712-1A, can't get the RG, nice but actually prefer the 5712 and 5167R to having both 5712's, in SS and RG...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyinM3 View Post
This is something new....I actually like the idea
Well not a huge fan...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyc2la View Post
This, or a slight twist: Since OP loves the 5712, get the 5712r and the 5712/1a.
Well in a 3 watch collection that would be really redundant, I think will be happier with the 5167R, anyways thanks guys I decided getting it, if ever I don't love it can always flip…

Thanks all for your comments
lapince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 February 2016, 10:03 AM   #39
texex91
"TRF" Member

I know the 5712 is like 5 months away (or whatever it is)...so how long out is this one?

5-8 month out threads are fun, but you post one every 3 weeks.

Let's stop talking and start buying
texex91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 February 2016, 10:09 AM   #40
lapince
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by texex91 View Post
I know the 5712 is like 5 months away...so how long out is this one?

Whole lot of talking, not a lot of buying.

5-8 month out threads are fun, but you post one every 3 weeks...just saying.
No Probably 3 and both will be at the same time, double incoming. As I said When I have the cash for the 5712 will have for a whole lot more, so apart from a few flats will add the 5167R in the mix.

Well Tex maybe whole lot of talking but since I joined had more incomings than you did, around 10, so saying whole lot of talking and not buying is strange to say to a guy who posted more incomings threads than you did, just saying, 3 in Rolex section, 3 in Pam section, 2 in Patek, 1 in AP and one for a Blancpain…

If I am talking about it is because I don't want to buy and flip, and again I don't have any watch friends, and I never show any of my watches to friends, well except one but he doesn't like sport watches, ROO, and Nautilis or Aquanaut, he wants a RG Breguet Marine, how can I talk watches with him, so this is the only place I talk watches…

Oh and now that I decided on getting it won't be posting anymore will just do when they come in...
Old 12 February 2016, 10:13 AM   #41
texex91
"TRF" Member

Quote:
No Probably 3 and both will be at the same time, double incoming.

Well Tex maybe whole lot of talking but since I joined had more incomings than you did, around 10, so saying whole lot of talking and not buying is strange to say to a guy who posted more incomings threads than you did, just saying, 3 in Rolex section, 3 in Pam section, 2 in Patek, 1 in AP and one for a Blancpain...
Okay Mr. Odessa if you insist (I don't count)...and how about since I joined

It's a public forum Lapence, you can post all you want. I too might make a comment or two...hence forum.

And if you head to vintage section I just had two this past week little buddy. You (since you're counting)?

Have a great one.
Old 12 February 2016, 10:16 AM   #42
martinr
"TRF" Member

I heard a rumor the 5712 and 5167R are being discontinued next week!
martinr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 February 2016, 10:35 AM   #43
lapince
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Okay Mr. Odessa...and how about since I joined

However, I don't post threads every three weeks here about a watch that might, maybe, oneway, when I sell an apartment, etc, etc, etc. That is the difference.

And if you head to vintage section I just had two this past week little buddy.

Looking forward to your double incoming.
Just F…… with you I like to be teased and to tease, you joined in 2007 so sure you had more than me Oh and I really don't like vintage watches, so I don't head there, I saw 3 incomings from you, ok they're all cool, RM011, AP RG 44 and PP 5990, all cool choices I must say I can get the 5712 before, have the cash, but I'm always putting myself with low liquidity and heavy buying so trying to grow up and stop doing this kind of things, another reason is if ever for the 40th they make an improvement to the 5712 then I'll have choice between old model or new one, also like buying and flipping, done that and hated it, would like not to anymore, that's why I post to ask the advice of the only watch geeks I know, you guys

Quote:
HAHAHAHA, wouldn't count on it, if they could put the blue dial of the 5711P on the 5712 now that would be awesome
Old 12 February 2016, 10:42 AM   #44
texex91
"TRF" Member

Quote:
, I saw 3 incomings from you, ok they're all cool, RM011, AP RG 44 and PP 5990,
LOL...you are a funny little guy. Not worth my effort to recall all, but you must have missed--just a few off my head--372 x2? BLNR? Sub?GMTIIc? 1675 GMT? Red Sub? Second AP 44RG? AP FC 44? AP Ceramic 44? AP Schumi Ti? Patek 5980? Patek 5167x2? Pellagos? And I think 3-4 others...you can go look them up, but hard to keep track since exactly when you joined. May want to do a little more work before speaking.

Anyways Lapence, enjoy the hunt little buddy. I really hope you get the 5712 soon.

And you SHOULD look into adding vintage--one way to buy watches as investments.
Old 12 February 2016, 10:58 AM   #45
goog53
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex-Patek-AP
Quote:
Hmmm you must have missed--just a few off my head--372 x2? BLNR? GMTIIc? Second AP 44RG? AP FC 44? AP Ceramic 44? AP Schumi Ti? Patek 5980? Patek 5167x2? Pellagos? And I think 3-4 others, but hard to keep track since you joined. May want to do a little more work before speaking. Any other pissing contests you'd like to have? I can think of a few, but let's be civil.
Paul, you have too many incomings. Just send them over to me in CLE
Love Your Collection Brother!
goog53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 February 2016, 11:05 AM   #46
texex91
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by goog53 View Post
Paul, you have too many incomings. Just send them over to me in CLE
Love Your Collection Brother!
No, no. I've only had 3 incomings in three years according to our expert

Hope all is well my friend
Old 12 February 2016, 12:53 PM   #47
lapince
"TRF" Member

Quote:
LOL...you are a funny little guy. Not worth my effort to recall all, but you must have missed--just a few off my head--372 x2? BLNR? Sub?GMTIIc? 1675 GMT? Red Sub? Second AP 44RG? AP FC 44? AP Ceramic 44? AP Schumi Ti? Patek 5980? Patek 5167x2? Pellagos? And I think 3-4 others...you can go look them up, but hard to keep track since exactly when you joined. May want to do a little more work before speaking.

Anyways Lapence, enjoy the hunt little buddy. I really hope you get the 5712 soon.

And you SHOULD look into adding vintage--one way to buy watches as investments.
WOW cool watches, don't really care one bit about the Rollies but the AP's are cool, especially the Schumi, hard to imagine letting that one go, when did you get all those? Knew you had a bunch over the years but seriously saw just 3, at the beginning I was just in Rolex and Pam sections, after in PP only, and only 8 months in AP, now I'm in the 2 last and other watches, do my work? Why I love f…..… with you as you love f…….. with me, if you did your research and me mine it would take all the fun out of it

I get the vintage thing just really not my thing, I like old cars and new watches, and it's a tough market, if you're not a pro, I sure ain't, easy to get scammed, so really no interest for me, but thanks for the advise.

Anyways thanks the hunt is quite easy as I already know how and where I'm gonna get them, thanks to a very cool TRF member, BNIB from Patek AD at super prices, well the 5712 is already know the price on that one, but should think the 5167R will have same or even more discount. So quite excited to get back one and have a new one come in, as I don't consider the 5712 will be a new watch, can't imagine how the hell I'm gonna ever be able to wait 8 months for service, I've sold mine 2 months ago and it seems like eternity already, they really need to hire qualified people for QC and service department, 8 months is crazy...
Old 12 February 2016, 12:56 PM   #48
lapince
"TRF" Member

Quote:
No, no. I've only had 3 incomings in three years according to our expert

Hope all is well my friend
LOL I know you had a bunch, but I saw only 3, I don't do research as you don't do any on my former incomings, come on, I mean I do have a life, even married and a kid plus work in real estate, I suppose you also, so many more important and pleasant things to do than research on another members incomings
Old 12 February 2016, 01:07 PM   #49
texex91
"TRF" Member

Quote:
LOL I know you had a bunch, but I saw only 3, I don't do research as you don't do any on my former incomings, come on, I mean I do have a life, even married and a kid plus work in real estate, I suppose you also, so many more important and pleasant things to do than research on another members incomings
Seems like you did earlier stating facts that were not true--and yes I have a feeling you have plenty of time.

Listen, go have fun with your 'real estate" business and wish you the best. You really are not worth arguing with and just pissed I even replied to begin with.
Old 12 February 2016, 03:26 PM   #50
KarlS
Banned

Quote:
Didn't see them on the run off list but the 5167R wouldn't surprise me. Hard to get a 5167A but every dealer I been to has a 5164A and 5167R. Guess they don't move too much
KarlS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 February 2016, 05:50 PM   #51
Marciano490
"TRF" Member

Quote:
OK since this is a US based thing when I don't add euro I'm talking in USD, and wether euro, Pounds or USD I really don't get how anyone can get to 40K, even on chrono 24 your far from it… Well when I see the second market prices and the price I'm gonna get mine don't really see how I can loose cash, I flipped my 5712 and 5726 without loosing a cent, and having worn them for a certain time, but have lost on a few other pieces before

I have never been a fan of overseas and even less now, that's the perfect recipe for a 2-3 month flip if I ever saw one so I am talking in USD $, when I talk euros I say euros, since 90% are from the US and when it's dollars no one seems fit to add the sign I was going with the crowd, won't do it again

Yeah you're right, I agree, haven't found any other watch I'd prefer, so will go with it hoping that it doesn't end with a flip...

Oh no, I need to get the 5712-1A, can't get the RG, nice but actually prefer the 5712 and 5167R to having both 5712's, in SS and RG...

Well not a huge fan...

Well in a 3 watch collection that would be really redundant, I think will be happier with the 5167R, anyways thanks guys I decided getting it, if ever I don't love it can always flip…

Thanks all for your comments

Reread your first post. You ask about watches in the 40-45k range. That's why everyone referred to that price. The issues isn't with multiple posters' reading skills.

I'm glad you've settled on your next two watches, have an influx of cash coming in and good connections to ensure great prices. I disagree that you won't lose a cent on a flip on those pieces, but maybe your discounts are better than mine, or you have access to a higher class of suckers.
Old 12 February 2016, 11:58 PM   #52
lapince
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Seems like you did earlier stating facts that were not true--and yes I have a feeling you have plenty of time.

Listen, go have fun with your 'real estate" business and wish you the best. You really are not worth arguing with and just pissed I even replied to begin with.
I always told you, don't go into a discussion if it's not interesting to you, amazing you didn't get that yet

Of course I'm not worth arguing with, I'm french from Paris, you're american from Texas, can't find more different than that, we'll never agree on anything except that you have cool watches

Wonder why you put real estate with "….." when you have multiple flats, garages, car wash and hair salon, all of which you rent and you're constantly buying more, thus the flipping of the 5712, yeah I call that a business, could I be wrong about that?

I do have time for TRF since my wife works as a yoga teacher and my son goes to school and I work from home, but so do you as you're as much as me on TRF

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlS View Post
Didn't see them on the run off list but the 5167R wouldn't surprise me. Hard to get a 5167A but every dealer I been to has a 5164A and 5167R. Guess they don't move too much
Well in the Paris salon 1 month ago they just had the 5164, no other Naut or Aqua, but it's been sometime I didn't see a 5167R, saw it the first time I went to a Patek boutique, and really liked it but was set on the 5712

Quote:
Reread your first post. You ask about watches in the 40-45k range. That's why everyone referred to that price. The issues isn't with multiple posters' reading skills.

I'm glad you've settled on your next two watches, have an influx of cash coming in and good connections to ensure great prices. I disagree that you won't lose a cent on a flip on those pieces, but maybe your discounts are better than mine, or you have access to a higher class of suckers.
Well yeah but that was the limit price, anyways not important…
On the 5712 I am getting it for 24.500 euros when the retail price in euros is 30.200, but that's discount and tax refund of 8% in Switzerland, great price if you ask me, I suppose the discount on the 5167R should be even more than that as it's less in demand, so when I see the prices on second hand market I don't really see how I could loose money, I didn't on the 5726 or the 5712, did on the Daytona 116515 though, even having gotten it at 23% off, still lost 1.5K euros, I always try to buy with the best possible price, got 25% off the AP CE diver, 10% from the shop and 17% tax refund but the tax refund takes a commission so basically you only get around 15%, but 25% in all was a sweet deal IMO...
Old 13 February 2016, 12:53 AM   #53
KarlS
Banned

Go across the pond I can give you at least 2 AD that have both including the London Salon when I checked in December
Old 13 February 2016, 01:14 AM   #54
lapince
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Go across the pond I can give you at least 2 AD that have both including the London Salon when I checked in December
Well since I am now in Odessa it's a few ponds to cross over, nice expression by the way, not sure our english friends would appreciate the Channel being called the pond but I find it hilarious, well done
Well I have one on order from the Paris boutique and the 5712 is on order from an AD in Switzerland, my friend knows the AD quite well and the price is great, I guess I'll just order the Aqua from it as well, we'll see this AD in Basel on March 17th so will pass the order there, I plan on getting, if possible, both at the same time, that would be cool, except of course if for the 40th they release an awesome new Nautilus, if that were the case we could have a 5712 and the new Naut, but it really has to be awesome for me to consider it over the 5167R, I think it would make an awesome trio of watches, whereas 2 Nauts and the AP would really make it a little too redundant...
Old 13 February 2016, 02:42 AM   #55
Marciano490
"TRF" Member

Across the pond is a very British expression. They even use it to refer to us in America referring to the Atlantic Ocean. Id hazard a guess our Kuwaiti friend spent some time in a British school.

Instead of the 5712 and 5167, why not move on one of those Milles you like? The Nadal bought right wouldnt cost much more, and is frankly a more interesting piece than either of those two combined.
Old 13 February 2016, 02:54 AM   #56
KarlS
Banned

Quote:
Across the pond is a very British expression. They even use it to refer to us in America referring to the Atlantic Ocean. Id hazard a guess our Kuwaiti friend spent some time in a British school.

Instead of the 5712 and 5167, why not move on one of those Milles you like? The Nadal bought right wouldnt cost much more, and is frankly a more interesting piece than either of those two combined.

Ha or he could be South African, who lives in London but works in Kuwait??
Old 13 February 2016, 03:13 AM   #57
Marciano490
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Ha or he could be South African, who lives in London but works in Kuwait??
That was my second guess! :)
Old 13 February 2016, 05:00 AM   #58
Copasetic
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP, Patek & Rolex
Quote:
Well in these troubled times we're living, I consider wearing a full gold piece is a little risky, in Paris it's crazy, know a guy who was killed in a car jacking and a few others stabbed, and even in Odessa where it's basically super safe, in 8 years here not a single problem, when you see the crisis thanks to the pro western government, they already had problems before, we just made them much worse for them, it's better not to take chances, even the chief of police told me this, and he's like this huge bald guy you wouldn't want to f… with, so me? no thanks
Well, the Aquanut is certainly under the radar. Sounds like it fits all your criteria.

I know what you're going through. I do the same thing. Wish someone would start a "rent it for a couple days first" service so those of us who can't seem to decide could try before we buy.
Copasetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 February 2016, 05:21 AM   #59
cinch
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copasetic View Post

Wish someone would start a "rent it for a couple days first" service so those of us who can't seem to decide could try before we buy.
That would be handy, would have meant fewer bad purchases and less flipping
cinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 February 2016, 05:29 AM   #60
nyc2la
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16660
Quote:
Originally Posted by Copasetic View Post
Well, the Aquanut is certainly under the radar. Sounds like it fits all your criteria.

I know what you're going through. I do the same thing. Wish someone would start a "rent it for a couple days first" service so those of us who can't seem to decide could try before we buy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cinch View Post
That would be handy, would have meant fewer bad purchases and less flipping
Here you go...

https://www.elevenjames.com/

EDIT: This is not an endorsement of them. I've never used them.
nyc2la is online now   Reply With Quote