The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 11 December 2021, 12:18 AM   #31
azs.77
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, AP, Panerai
It shouldn’t be a big issue because your spending history with the AD is still there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
azs.77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 December 2021, 12:44 AM   #32
SaddleSC
"TRF" Member

Watch: Hulk 116610LV
Quote:
Originally Posted by m j b View Post
I always smile when someone starts poking the bear, and the bear is a moderator with his finger poised over the "ban" button. LOL

Natch Peter wouldn't do that just because someone got his feelings bruised. Probably.

Back to the original thread... I've had the same thing happen to me with service advisors (another "SA") at car dealerships that I frequent. I buy them booze, gift cards, whatever, to thank them for going beyond for me, and they end up quitting or retiring shortly after. I don't bother any more, unless I do it purely out of gratitude, not in order to curry favor.

This is why this whole "building a relationship" thing is a great thought, but if you are not a whale, then you simply don't count. Period. There are way too many threads about people with no existing purchase history getting new Rolexes. I've got a great relationship with the manager of my AD, but I haven't seen a watch from him in years, and I actually got knocked-off of the Pepsi list there for a while. The owner has final say, and he and I are not buds. Because that's what it really takes.
Correct me if I am wrong, but it would appear that Peter is no longer a moderator on TRF.
I always enjoy his viewpoint, but I believe he resigned that role a while ago.
Old 11 December 2021, 12:54 AM   #33
WatchNutcase
Banned

Watch: Sub 114060
Honestly this sounds like a positive, you're getting upgraded to the manager without even asking. He will have record of your spend history, prove to him you're a good guy and you'll probably have more incomings than you would with the sales rep.
WatchNutcase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 December 2021, 01:02 AM   #34
m j b
"TRF" Member

Watch: ♕& Ω
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaddleSC View Post
Correct me if I am wrong, but it would appear that Peter is no longer a moderator on TRF.
I always enjoy his viewpoint, but I believe he resigned that role a while ago.
I stand corrected, thank you.

Disclaimer: Please note that the avatar is not an accurate representation of how I look. The camera adds 10 pounds...
m j b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 December 2021, 01:12 AM   #35
PureCoconut
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 5711
Been there and it sucks
PureCoconut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 December 2021, 01:17 AM   #36
SaintMickey
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by blargle View Post
this is why this whole thing is a joke

people begging uneducated sales-morons for the privilege of parting with 5 figures

Well when you put it that way...it is crazy the power people give their SA and/or AD.
SaintMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 December 2021, 01:33 AM   #37
szabo_martin
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5711,Sub,DS,YM42
My AD lost Rolex since they got bought out by a company that already sold Rolex in the same city... so all Rolex buying history is adios. Luckily I got a few nice pieces before hand since Im not playing the game to get anymore. On a plus it pushed me to explore other brands.
szabo_martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 December 2021, 02:02 AM   #38
Sprezzatura!,
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santiago32 View Post
I just learned my sales rep at my AD is leaving and will refer me to the sales mgr. I feel like all my spend, relationship, and pieces I'm waiting for is out the window and I'm starting over. Anyone else been in a similar situation? How did it play out?

See that, what you’ve just written there… Say exactly that to the sales manager, and he’ll clarify for you and hopefully alleviate your concerns.

There is no point in asking people on this forum as they wont be able to advise you accurately.
Sprezzatura!, is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 December 2021, 02:23 AM   #39
Harry-57
2024 Pledge Member

The store will have your sales history and the owner/manager probably has some (or possibly all) say over who gets the next allocation of in-demand pieces.

As stated above, why not ask them? It is highly unlikely that anyone in here can give you a more accurate, store specific picture than the manager or another SA.
Harry-57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 December 2021, 02:26 AM   #40
Droolex
"TRF" Member

Watch: RG SeaQ Pano date
I had this situation happen to me. It was a blessing in disguise. I kept my spending history at the original AD, and the new sales associate was cool and reassured me that I'd be ok. The SA that moved to a new AD really wanted to continue the relationship with me at this new AD, and helped me secure a new piece almost immediately.
Droolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 December 2021, 02:59 AM   #41
ArtNouveau
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: BLRO/Daytona/OP41s
Quote:
Originally Posted by blargle View Post
this is why this whole thing is a joke

people begging uneducated sales-morons for the privilege of parting with 5 figures
If you treat people in general with that attitude, I wouldn’t sell you a watch either. The SA’s at my Boutique are longtime sales professionals who do quite well. I never hold myself above others based on their chosen profession.
ArtNouveau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 December 2021, 03:23 AM   #42
Rori
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex / Tudor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzsiam View Post
You must talking about SA not AD.

When your SA left your AD, the manager will assign a new SA for you. Your purchase history with this AD is still there. You should talk to the manager to make sure that they know about it.

Exactly that.
Happened with me and the new SA had all my story from the former SA on an iPad.
The new relationship helped the situation as they were keen to let me feel as well attended as before.

Old 11 December 2021, 03:55 AM   #43
Halifax Daytona UK
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HHIslander View Post
You’ve made this same post just about daily for months. As has been pointed out to you many times, the times have changed. AD relationships most certainly exist in the real world. Anyone who thinks that any Tom Dick or Harry can just walk into an AD and buy any Rolex is, at best, extremely out of touch with today’s market realities.

Speaking for myself, I’d appreciate it if you’d stop making the same untrue comment again and again. It’s tiresome.
Relationship with AD’s are in the buyers head.
Halifax Daytona UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 December 2021, 05:03 AM   #44
HHIslander
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halifax Daytona UK View Post
Relationship with AD’s are in the buyers head.
How do you acquire a hard to get piece from an AD these days without a relationship with the AD? Just walk in and throw your money down?

Not wanting to play the game is one thing. Denying the game exists is another.
HHIslander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 December 2021, 06:00 AM   #45
Santiago32
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLRO-LV-EXP1-BB58
Just an update if anyone cares...

Spoke to the sales mgr and she assured me I wouldn't have to start over and history is there. BUT... she said the candy pink OP for my wife is a maybe and the 116518 newman dial is going to be extremely hard to get. Maybe it's better if I go in person but over the phone I didn't feel convinced that I would ever get these watches.

I'm tempted to go gray at this point. Really want these two pieces.
Old 11 December 2021, 06:08 AM   #46
Sprezzatura!,
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtNouveau View Post
If you treat people in general with that attitude, I wouldn’t sell you a watch either. The SA’s at my Boutique are longtime sales professionals who do quite well. I never hold myself above others based on their chosen profession.
You appear to be one of those who responds at face value.

Read between the lines. Maybe the guy you are quoting here has had a bad time with AD’s and he’s just letting off steam.

Maybe he isn’t generally like that at all. The most sensitive people are sometimes the most aggressive or guarded. They go through life experiencing disappointment from people who don’t reciprocate the respect they give them, and then they come across like that.

Of course, I could be entirely wrong, but you should look beyond statements like that and wonder if there is a reason behind it.
Old 11 December 2021, 06:08 AM   #47
TunaTuna
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
I just learned my sales rep at my AD is leaving and will refer me to the sales mgr. I feel like all my spend, relationship, and pieces I'm waiting for is out the window and I'm starting over. Anyone else been in a similar situation? How did it play out?
Your purchase history will still be there, but you have to now get on this SA's favorite list to get anything good. You are definitely at a disadvantage now
TunaTuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 December 2021, 06:09 AM   #48
Sprezzatura!,
Banned

Quote:
Just an update if anyone cares...

Spoke to the sales mgr and she assured me I wouldn't have to start over and history is there. BUT... she said the candy pink OP for my wife is a maybe and the 116518 newman dial is going to be extremely hard to get. Maybe it's better if I go in person but over the phone I didn't feel convinced that I would ever get these watches.

I'm tempted to go gray at this point. Really want these two pieces.
That’s a start. Go in at some point and pick up where the conversation left. It’s harder for people to say no to your face then over the phone.
Old 11 December 2021, 06:14 AM   #49
indianmachine
"TRF" Member

you should be ok, much better situation than your store losing their Rolex AD status
indianmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 December 2021, 07:01 AM   #50
ronricks
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 126610LV
Quote:
How would a SA leaving change your spend history?
ronricks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 December 2021, 08:29 AM   #51
Santiago32
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLRO-LV-EXP1-BB58
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronricks View Post
How would a SA leaving change your spend history?

It doesn’t. It’s more about getting allocated a watch with the new SA.
Old 11 December 2021, 10:50 AM   #52
garyk
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Daytona
Quote:
It doesn’t. It’s more about getting allocated a watch with the new SA.
I feel your pain. My favorite SA whom I had a twenty year relationship with left the AD a few years ago and took a new job at a non Rolex AD. Then my Rolex AD lost their Rolex franchise. Then my friend retired. Last week we were invited to a watch event at my new ADs and as we entered we were pleasantly surprised to see my old friend is now at this store. He came out of retirement to help them a few days per week. He texted me to let me know some Rolex watches I’m hoping for may be coming my way soon!! Moral of the story, as one door closes, sometimes another opens!! Good luck to you…
Old 11 December 2021, 11:11 AM   #53
lamnyc
"TRF" Member

Happened to me too last year. The rep that took over doesn’t return my emails or calls.
lamnyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 December 2021, 12:05 PM   #54
Tavli3
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT II 16760
Quote:

I was working with 2 SAs at my AD who were both fantastic and then one moved out of state and the other went to the backend to be in charge of online sales. And we never heard a word for 6 months. I said to my wife something is not right there’s no way they don’t want us as customers anymore. So we decided to take a ride up and met with the owner and explained what was going on and as I expected it was just one of those things where we fell in between the cracks. The owner then assigned us to the most fantastic SA who we just love. The owner and our SA are just first class people. So go in and talk to the person in charge to make sure you’re not overlooked. No business owner with any smarts wants to lose a loyal customer nor should you want to loose a good AD.

Tavli3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 December 2021, 12:10 PM   #55
Calatrava r
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex and Patek
If the SA left, the store will have your history. No worries. Meet your new SA in the store.
Calatrava r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 December 2021, 05:37 PM   #56
Nairn1980
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT
Quote:
Originally Posted by HHIslander View Post
And I’m also entitled to respond when someone posts the same untrue opinion day in and day out. Simple answer, don’t read it if my posts hurt some.
I agree.

Peter, respectfully, you’re out of touch with the current madness, it is 100% madness, but the whole “relationship” thing does exist now.
Nairn1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 December 2021, 09:39 PM   #57
jimcameron
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16800
Omega.

.....and cast off the drama nonsense.
jimcameron is offline   Reply With Quote