The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 27 June 2023, 07:50 PM   #31
fmc000
Banned

In all honesty, all this "building a relationship" to spend my money is just insane IMHO. I cannot say I'm sorry when I'm not.
fmc000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 June 2023, 07:56 PM   #32
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenwood_ View Post
Sorry you’re feeling frustrated.

5 years waiting for a BLNR with purchase history - sounds like it isn’t going to happen with your AD.
This ^^^
brandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 June 2023, 08:18 PM   #33
dannyp
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1995akcoop View Post
My guy… you have no right to call and speak to anyone at the store about someone else’s purchase. I admit 5yrs is a long time but lets be real, no AD owes you anything just because you have a purchase history. And just because they give you a timeframe still doesn’t guarantee anything. SA’s are only facilitating deals and even then they’re told who and who not to sell to. Ive been on waitlists for years at some ADs and Ive also been fortunate to walk right in and buy form places with where ai have no history. They gotta let strangers win too man. Either wait, go somewhere else, or go grey but NEVER inquire about a purchase made by someone else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Normally, sure. But I feel like someone posting that publicly on social media/a common review site opens the door to it.
dannyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 June 2023, 09:23 PM   #34
1William
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/Others
I would call and set up an appointment with my SA and GM of the store. Go in and explain the situation as you understand it and ask for their thoughts and expectations for you getting the watch you have waited for. You will know after speaking with them where you stand. No need to burn bridges or get upset. There is also no reason not to tell them exactly what you think and how this impacts you as a customer. In the end you will either get the watch or not from them. Going forward gauge your relationship with them accordingly. Good luck and keep us posted.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 June 2023, 09:27 PM   #35
GreatScott
"TRF" Member

Life sucks sometimes, get over it, buy somewhere else.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk
GreatScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 June 2023, 09:59 PM   #36
JJGreen
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex 1675 or 1016
I would ask to speak with the owner (or manager) and explain the situation and ask for what you want. What else can you do?!?!

That being said, there are thousands of similar stories, loyal customer, referred friends, etc. I'm loyal, but NOT a big spender. (My wife doesn't wear much jewelry) I don't flip my watches and they know that. Yet I really haven't been offered anything (that I want). But there are thousands of me out there and fewer people that spend tens of thousands or more. I can't really blame the AD's.
JJGreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 June 2023, 10:04 PM   #37
Calatrava r
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex and Patek
Time to move on. The big issue was your SA, who looked out for you, left the store. The rest don't seem care about you. Perhaps see if your previous SA is working at another AD?
Calatrava r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 June 2023, 11:24 PM   #38
Giangos
"TRF" Member

Watch: WG BLRO, Sub C, WG
Something similar happened with me. My spend was way up there. My SA left, asked me if I would like to follow to their new workplace. I decline, believing that my allegiance was to the store first, not the SA.

I hung in there with my new SA at the original store for nearly two years before deciding to move on. In that time I had countless meetings and phone calls. Promises came and went to no avail.

No hard feelings, it’s how the cookie crumbled for me. I got good pieces when it was going my way. Circumstances changed and my luck ran out.

Try a new AD. I did, and it worked out. And my original AD may come through again, maybe not. Don’t burn bridges, and maybe don’t go whining to management. Remind your SA that May went, June is done etc.

But start the ball rolling with another AD.

Good luck

Giangos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 June 2023, 11:29 PM   #39
jgottsman11
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: President
ADs are whack
jgottsman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 June 2023, 11:31 PM   #40
dannyp
Banned

Another potential issue you're encountering: the "allocation within the allocation" system.

From what I've heard, the first level allocation within an AD is at the SA level. If that's how this AD operates, then your SA can't really help you until she's "allocated" a watch to sell. In that case, that SA chose which customer to sell "their" allocation to. Chances are your SA is planning to sell you her next "allocated" BLNR. However it's possible she's not "up" for one yet. Or that she's needing to use her allocations to claim other watches to sell to other customers who've been waiting longer/spending more.
dannyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 June 2023, 11:41 PM   #41
101031-28
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1665
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry-57 View Post
You'll get your BLNR when you get it, if you get it. That much is certain. Everything else is conjecture, imagination and wistful thinking. I'm inclined to think you will not get it, but what do I know?

What I do know is that first time customers can get hot watches. It happens. Their luck is not your misfortune because their lives have got nothing to do with your life. Your AD doesn't owe you anything, you are not a special case, the significant event which you wanted to commemorate is, from the POV of the AD, no different to the scores of other special events that hundreds of other customers bombard your AD with. Sorry if that comes over as harsh. It's just a bald statement of the situation.

There is another dimension here which is evident. Is surrounds the behaviour of people who believe that other people who get things they want have somehow tricked them out of their rightful entitlement, or stolen from them, or jumped to the front of some imaginary queue, often with the collusion of a rogue SA/AD/intermediary. How your AD runs their business is none of your business. I don't think your AD can help you with. This mindset goes beyond watches.

If you had a binding agreement with your AD to sell you a new BLNR on or by a certain date at an agreed cost and the AD defaulted, you would have a case. You wouldn't need to argue it in here.
This.

Ian Fleming
101031-28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 June 2023, 11:42 PM   #42
tekops
"TRF" Member

I'm assuming you are dealing with Mayors or the one in Miami's design district?
tekops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 June 2023, 11:42 PM   #43
time_and_cars
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyB View Post
Hello Rolexforum,

I apologize for the long post but would love some advice:

I'm seeking some guidance on a predicament I'm facing with my Authorized Dealer. I've been a loyal customer at this AD for over 5 years, primarily working with one sales associate throughout that time. I've purchased numerous Rolex watches, demonstrating my loyalty to the store. However, when I called in last March to speak with my sales associate, I was shocked to learn that they were no longer employed there. This came as a significant blow as I had developed a genuine relationship with them. I have referred family and numerous individuals from my real estate network to this store.

After this news, the store manager reached out to assure me that my purchase history would be honored, and they valued me as a customer. He requested I visit the store the following day to meet a new sales associate. Now, for about 3 years, I've been patiently waiting for a BLNR, a watch that holds great significance to me and that I had discussed with my previous sales associate as a goal. The store manager, while unable to release the BLNR on that day due to a recent purchase, assured me that I remained on the waiting list.

Upon meeting my new sales associate, we discussed the BLNR, and she informed me that I could expect to receive the watch in May for my birthday. I rearranged my plans accordingly, eagerly anticipating the call. Regrettably, my birthday came and went without any communication. Following up, she now states that I can definitely expect it in June. However, as June draws to a close, I still haven't received any updates. Compounding my frustration, I discovered a recent Yelp post where someone claimed to have acquired the BLNR from the store as their first purchase (photos included). Perplexed, I raised this issue with my sales associate, who seemed unaware of the situation. She assured me that this shouldn't have happened, considering my status as a top customer, and promised to investigate further by contacting the sales associate who made the sale. That was last Friday, and I'm yet to receive any response.

In light of these events, I'm uncertain about the best course of action. Should I reach out to the store manager or let the matter go? While I'm not confrontational by nature, I can't help but feel overlooked after 5 years of loyal patronage. It seems as though my extensive purchase history has been disregarded. I would greatly appreciate any advice you can offer on how to handle this situation.

Thank you in advance for your guidance.

nothing to much to do my friend... it is what it is ... example if someone offers me a better deal in a real-estate I will go with that person and I don't have to give any explanation to you if I don't make any deal with you ... of curse you have loyalty and all that but by the end that's don't matters business are business
Rolex Daytona 126500LN/Rolex 126710BLRO/Rolex 126720VTNR/Rolex 126710BLNR/Rolex Oyster 126000/Breitling B01 CHRONOGRAPH 43 CURTISS WARHAWK/Omega“SILVER SNOOPY AWARD” 50TH ANNIVERSARY/Some Swatch x omega x blancpain
time_and_cars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 June 2023, 12:25 AM   #44
DiamondAD
Banned

Watch: GMTII BLNR jubilee
First of all, IT'S NOT A LIST. You are in a database. At my shop we explain this difference.
Second of all, Anyone who gives a date or timeframe is a total idiot and should be fired. That also applies to the person believing said 'promise'
Thirdly, Greed and Envy are deadly sins.
Fourth, You are not their only client....get over yourself. Sounds like you have multiple pieces already.
I think thats enough for now.
DiamondAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 June 2023, 12:48 AM   #45
Dave O
"TRF" Member

For this reason (SA leaving) I make sure I build relationships at my AD with more than just my SA. I also have a good relationship with another SA that I converse with whenever I visit. It turns out the two of us have a lot in common, and he would be my go to person should my SA ever leave. I also have a very good relationship with the store Manager, although I don't see him as often. And most recently, my SA introduced me to the store Director. I believe having these relationships has helped me being allocated the watches I have as well as the ones I may get in the future. As we all know, it's not just up to the SA when deciding who gets allocated new arrivals.
Dave O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 June 2023, 12:52 AM   #46
Robf52
"TRF" Member

Watch: lots of Rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by ingoodtime View Post
Well, IMHO, you can stop in one day and ask to speak with the mgr, just say you were in the area and relay your story but in a humble way, not accusatory. You can say, i've been a good customer over the years, maybe not the bigest spending client you have but certainly a loyal client. You hope they will be able to find you a blnr soon as you have had promises made and have been waiting for years. Rolex is like debeers. They control the flow and marketing of their watches and want to keep supply low to keep value up. That said, I feel your frustration.
Agree. Calmly making your case with the manager should solidify your relationship and up your chances.
126334 DJ41 Rhodium/Diamonds//126331 DJ41 TT Wimbledon
124300 OP41 Green//126334 DJ41Mint Green
Robf52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 June 2023, 12:54 AM   #47
WatchTimes

Watch: It's a Rolex!
Sorry but that's life....
The ADs owe us nothing.
For all you know the first time buyer you mentioned was sent to the by a whale client or also was purchasing some serious jewelry. You really never know.

Kentucky Colonel, Tennessee Squire & Combat Leprechaun
WatchTimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 June 2023, 12:56 AM   #48
sdsubguy
"TRF" Member

I'm fortunately at my current AD only sells Rolexes, not jewelry.
sdsubguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 June 2023, 01:19 AM   #49
biza
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatScott View Post
Life sucks sometimes, get over it, buy somewhere else.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk
This!
biza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 June 2023, 01:22 AM   #50
dlddrrr
"TRF" Member

Watch: LV, DD, BLNR, ND
As others have said, there is no list. It’s all about whether the SA likes you and has the allocation and wants to give you the watch. And you don’t know whether there was some back door deal that went down with the other person who got the BLNR. I think it makes the AD even less likely to give you the BLNR if you make a huge scene over it, maybe you could mention it in a half-joking way like who did this person sleep with to get this watch as their first watch?? But the guilt-tripping victim-playing route I don’t think would serve you well, just my two cents.
dlddrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 June 2023, 01:24 AM   #51
1665fan
"TRF" Member

They are telling you buy some more diamonds first…..
1665fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 June 2023, 01:25 AM   #52
Number3
"TRF" Member

Watch: 114060LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry-57 View Post
You'll get your BLNR when you get it, if you get it. That much is certain. Everything else is conjecture, imagination and wistful thinking. I'm inclined to think you will not get it, but what do I know?

What I do know is that first time customers can get hot watches. It happens. Their luck is not your misfortune because their lives have got nothing to do with your life. Your AD doesn't owe you anything, you are not a special case, the significant event which you wanted to commemorate is, from the POV of the AD, no different to the scores of other special events that hundreds of other customers bombard your AD with. Sorry if that comes over as harsh. It's just a bald statement of the situation.

There is another dimension here which is evident. Is surrounds the behaviour of people who believe that other people who get things they want have somehow tricked them out of their rightful entitlement, or stolen from them, or jumped to the front of some imaginary queue, often with the collusion of a rogue SA/AD/intermediary. How your AD runs their business is none of your business. I don't think your AD can help you with. This mindset goes beyond watches.

If you had a binding agreement with your AD to sell you a new BLNR on or by a certain date at an agreed cost and the AD defaulted, you would have a case. You wouldn't need to argue it in here.
Yup. Wise words.
Number3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 June 2023, 01:29 AM   #53
dtwer
"TRF" Member

Watch: DJ 41
I get why you are upset, but unfortunately it's entirely on you. There is no contract between your AD and you that obligates them to sell you a product, you don't owe one another anything.

Imaging if the situation were reversed. Let's say the AD had a hard to sell piece and finally found you agreeing to buy it.  If your financial situation changed later on and were unable to go through with the purchase, would you simply walk away or would you still pull money out of your emergency fund to buy it just so that you can show you "care about the relationship with the AD?"

What you have with the AD is a business transaction, care and relationships always come second to self-interest.
dtwer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 June 2023, 02:31 AM   #54
KatGirl
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Watch: 126233 Wimbledon T
Seeking Advice: Frustration and Disappointment with my Authorized Dealer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlddrrr View Post
As others have said, there is no list. It’s all about whether the SA likes you and has the allocation and wants to give you the watch. And you don’t know whether there was some back door deal that went down with the other person who got the BLNR. I think it makes the AD even less likely to give you the BLNR if you make a huge scene over it, maybe you could mention it in a half-joking way like who did this person sleep with to get this watch as their first watch?? But the guilt-tripping victim-playing route I don’t think would serve you well, just my two cents.

Agree with this! There is no list, per se. I know this, because my SA told me, as much. Yes, they take down your name, number, and what you want. But they allocate watches based on whether they like you, or not. I made it a point to call, or text him monthly. I stopped in fairly regularly, just to show him my latest acquisition, and talk watches. I also bought several expensive pieces of jewelry, I wanted, from him. In short, I made it so he wanted to get me my Rolex, and he was nearly as excited, as I was, when he finally did.

Kat

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
KatGirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28 June 2023, 02:35 AM   #55
dubins930

The ADs are a joke …
Everything is cyclical just give it time… this will end eventually.
dubins930 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 June 2023, 02:46 AM   #56
Gourdman
"TRF" Member

this is an abusive relationship

you have to be willing to ask for change, and if change doesn't happen, leave

otherwise you'll be waiting forever
Gourdman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 June 2023, 02:48 AM   #57
train-time
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calatrava r View Post
Time to move on. The big issue was your SA, who looked out for you, left the store. The rest don't seem care about you. Perhaps see if your previous SA is working at another AD?
+1

Move on.... it's just a watch. There are way more important things in life.
train-time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 June 2023, 02:53 AM   #58
Polarexplorerii
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16570,BLNR,116610
I have been waiting for a BLNR for almost 3 yrs. I am giving it till the end of this yr then I am going grey.
Polarexplorerii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 June 2023, 03:12 AM   #59
bluestreak
"TRF" Member

How do you know if the yelp post is even genuine?

bluestreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 June 2023, 03:19 AM   #60
Casey VP-26
"TRF" Member

Hang on to this AD, speak to management and hope for the best but meanwhile Start seeing other AD's.
Casey VP-26 is offline   Reply With Quote